Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Why did mohamed pray so much if he made up Islam? This question is troubling me

(Read 3023 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Why did mohamed pray so much if he made up Islam? This question is troubling me
     OP - June 26, 2017, 03:39 AM

This question troubles me alot. #Help
  • Why did mohamed pray so much if he made up Islam? This question is troubling me
     Reply #1 - June 26, 2017, 05:50 AM

Why did Buddha pray so mich if he made it all up. Why did Jesus supposedly die on the cross if he made it all up. And so on and so forth. first of all, who says they did any of it? It's not like we have reliable and legitimate historical sourses. Second of all, even if it is all true, so what? You are assumikg that Muhammad invented his new faith consciously with some sinister agenda. He didn't have to. Maybe he knew it was bs, but he did it with a "plan for the greater good". Or maybe he really did believe it, if he even existed the way the Islamic sources portray him,and genuinly though he was a messemger of god.

But so what. I know mentally ill people who are constantly in a schizoid psychosis and they believe in it fully, every delusion and fantasy that their sickness makes them think is reality.

It's not Muhammad and his portrayal from the Islamic sources that should be the main point in looking at Islam (althouhg even in Islamic sources, Muhammad was no angel. He wasn't even a nice or descents person all of the time). It should be Islam itself, and its message and beliefs.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #2 - June 26, 2017, 10:16 AM

mohamed pray...

This question troubles me alot. #Help

........Buddha.......... .Jesus ............. Muhammad ................

Many of these stories of these characters are invented way after death of these individuals by their follower who never saw them in their lives..  There is little doubt on that.,   And  on top of it many of their alleged sayings/revelations  were invented  100s of years after their death ..

Existence of Prophet of Islam Muhammad as depicted in Quran (Hardly anything about him in Quran) or as written in hadith/sunnah the present day books that we read now is nothing but cock-bull stories..

It is very much possible Present Prophet of Islam of Islamic robots that preach in Mosques is a combination of Multiple  Characters  invented by the early converts/writers between 600-800 AD..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - June 26, 2017, 10:59 AM

There is a book called "When prophecy fails" which is based on a psychological study of a catastrophic failure of a prophecy in
    Chicago.(ive not read the book yet)

This may not exactly answer your question directly,  but I think there are really strong parallels with regards to believing in the prophecy, and comitting to its tenants, between this story and your question.

The thing that occurred to me about this is when the prophecy failed, the prophet(Dorothy Martin) did not put up her hands and say you got me guys i was talking shit, or guys maybe i was wrong. 

She carried on coming up with new prophecies that explained why the old one failed, and the groups self reinforcement kept the religion alive. 

the wiki aritcle can be found, its really interesting even if you dont read the book.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

or if you want to read the book
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Prophecy-Fails-Psychological-Destruction-ebook/dp/B00MRTON0A/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1498474216&sr=1-1&keywords=when+prophecy+fails

A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible
     Reply #4 - June 26, 2017, 05:18 PM

Many of these stories of these characters are invented way after death of these individuals by their follower who never saw them in their lives..  There is little doubt on that.,   And  on top of it many of their alleged sayings/revelations  were invented  100s of years after their death ..

Existence of Prophet of Islam Muhammad as depicted in Quran (Hardly anything about him in Quran) or as written in hadith/sunnah the present day books that we read now is nothing but cock-bull stories..

It is very much possible Present Prophet of Islam of Islamic robots that preach in Mosques is a combination of Multiple  Characters  invented by the early converts/writers between 600-800 AD..

I like you.
     Reply #5 - June 26, 2017, 05:28 PM

I like you.

dear  Thedarkknight89   I too like you and your posts  but for  you to prove that you like me, you have to do certain things..

1). read the books From this folder  along with the new book that is suggested by aside in his post before your post
    There is a book called "When prophecy fails" which is based on a psychological study of a catastrophic failure of a prophecy in
    Chicago.(ive not read the book yet)  or if you want to read the book
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/When-Prophecy-Fails-Psychological-Destruction-ebook/dp/B00MRTON0A/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1498474216&sr=1-1&keywords=when+prophecy+fails

well you and aside  both can read that book by downloading the PDF file  from here

2).  Write a post on  prophet Muhammad's 62 years of his life... year by year account ...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #6 - June 26, 2017, 06:02 PM

It is known that Arab pagans also prayed five times a day and even fasted 30 days.
    Here is video about that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YinC3Y9fSsQ

Even other Islamic traditions like pilgrim to Mecca was a pagan tradition.

So it is very likely that Mohamed did just pick up those rituals. 
     Reply #7 - June 26, 2017, 07:13 PM

It is known that Arab pagans also prayed five times a day and even fasted 30 days.
    Here is video about that:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YinC3Y9fSsQ

So it is very likely that Mohamed did just pick up those rituals.

Nope ElToro ..no.,

THERE WAS NO MUHAMMAD IN EARLY ISLAM., "Muhammad just a title and it means "Praiseworthy Person with leadership Qualities" .. Anyone could be called "Muhammad"

e..g

Albert Einstein was as "Muhammad" of Theory of Relativity
    Charles Darwin was a  "Muhammad" of Theory of Evolution..

The First preacher of Islam who was good man essentially told his congregation in Arabian peninsula  "People are fools to pray Idols and consider Persons such as Jesus as Son of God"

That is all what first Muhammad .. the first preacher of Islam  preached  for 5 or so  years in in the initial Islam., 

After that whole load nonsense is added in to Quran tons of junk is added in hadith from various sources   which people consider those stories as Words of Allah/god and Sunnah of Prophet ...

So again...THERE WAS NO SINGLE MUHAMMAD IN ISLAM ..

Reply #8 - June 27, 2017, 02:48 PM

Good insight from Zoatar

As for lying about revelation, this is a misconception about what revelation is.  Revelation is simply the revealed truth, what the Lord has taught to man.  Muhammad, as related in the Qur'an, certainly believed that his recitations expressed the Lord's revealed truth.  Every prophet in the era claimed, and believed, the same.

Reply #9 - June 28, 2017, 12:26 PM

dear  Thedarkknight89   I too like you and your posts  but for  you to prove that you like me, you have to do certain things..

1). read the books  thanks man..I'll read them.. From this folder  along with the new book that is suggested by aside in his post before your postwell you and aside  both can read that book by downloading the PDF file  from here

2).  Write a post on  prophet Muhammad's 62 years of his life... year by year account ...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Thanks man...I'll read them
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »