Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: ‘Id al-Fitr

(Read 1771 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • ‘Id al-Fitr
     OP - June 24, 2017, 09:06 AM

After the end of Ramadan and fasting comes
    ‘Id al-Fitr
    On the first day of the following month, after another new moon has been sighted, a special celebration is made, called ‘Id al-Fitr. A quantity of staple food is donated to the poor (Zakat al-Fitr),

Zakaah is one of the pillars of Islam which Allah, may He be exalted, has enjoined upon the rich Muslims so as to achieve a kind of social security, solidarity and financing some common interests,

Allah, may He be exalted, has mentioned it alongside prayer in more than one verse of the Qur’an, which confirms its importance. The fact that it is obligatory is proven according to the Qur’an, Sunnah and scholarly consensus.

There is consensus among Muslim scholars that it is mandatory on every believer who is financially able. Whoever knowingly denies this obligation, while he possesses the minimum amount, would be considered a disbeliever and a renegade from Islam. Whoever is stingy, or tries to cheat, is considered among the wrongdoers.

everyone has bathed and put on their best, preferably new, clothes, and communal prayers are held in the early morning, followed by feasting and visiting relatives and friends.

There are other fast days throughout the year. Muslims are encouraged to fast six days in Shawwal, the month following Ramadan, Mondays and Thursdays, and the ninth and tenth, or tenth and eleventh of Muharram, the first month of the year. The tenth day, called Ashurah, is also a fast day for the Jews (Yom Kippur), and Allah commanded the Muslims to fast two days to distinguish themselves from the People of the Book.

While fasting per se is encouraged, constant fasting, as well as monasticism, celibacy, and otherwise retreating from the real world, are condemned in Islam. Fasting on the two festival days, ‘Id al-Fitr and ‘Id al-Adha, the feast of the Hajj, is strictly forbidden

Dr. Zakir Naik Q&A Wealth, Zakat and its testing in Islam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRuEhOJyZpo

شكرا رمضان.. جملة رددها بريطانيون بعد حريق لندن - YouTube

London Fire: Muslims awake due to Ramadan fast may have saved lives, says ... after a huge blaze engulfed .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCqIlys_aA4

Eid Morning from Native Deen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS1cm2Nlbtc&feature=player_embedded

Takbir Eid-ul Fitr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oArYE4PaXX8&feature=player_embedded parrot
  • ?Id al-Fitr
     Reply #1 - June 24, 2017, 10:30 AM

Is this your attempt at dawah?

A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible
  • ‘Id al-Fitr
     Reply #2 - June 24, 2017, 12:24 PM

I think it is. I counter with the seven tenets of Satanism:

One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
    The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
    One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
    The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
    Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
    People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
    Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • ?Id al-Fitr
     Reply #3 - June 24, 2017, 01:55 PM

I don't get it, does akay think we don't know the basic tenents of Islam Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • ?Id al-Fitr
     Reply #4 - June 24, 2017, 10:07 PM

London Fire: Muslims awake due to Ramadan fast may have saved lives, says ... after a huge blaze engulfed .

Surely I'm not the only one who finds this... I don't know, nauseating? Ok, of course it's unquestionably a good thing that Muslims staying up for sahur were able to sound the alarm far quicker than if everyone had been sleeping. But hang on. Where was Allah? What really sickens me is this will probably lead some poor souls to becoming Muslims. And, as above, used as da'wah. [removed sarcastic takbeer] [removed my version of takbeer] finmad

Edit: I don't usually go back and remove things I said, even if it was said in anger. But I realised I may be seriously offending some readers with my last words, so I've removed them. I was finmad though --> finmad
  • ?Id al-Fitr
     Reply #5 - June 24, 2017, 10:55 PM

Also Akay,

If you really want to change us back, then  maybe dont use material from dr zakir naik, the guy is a lying shit, and i doubt anyone on  this site respects him.
    As soon as I see him, I just switch off.

A better approach might be a single point succinctly made. Less is more kind of thing

A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »