Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Blatant misogyny in Islam is what is making me question it.

(Read 112371 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 19 20 21« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Blatant misogyny in Islam is what is making me question it.
     Reply #600 - April 30, 2017, 03:09 PM

Yes things are going to tick backwards now for a while here, I am sure. I hope not, but it seems to be that way. There is more racism apparent now and more misogyny making it into the mainstream. We have backlash going both ways, and I have a bit of deja vu as I was here in the early nineties already. Except then I was on the ground and now I am seeing it from an armchair. I never thought to see this happen again, truly. I had assumed that we were moving steadily away from such ideology and that we would only continue to do so in a civilized manner.
    We can run the racists out of town and still gain some sympathy, but we can't get rid of those who couch their hate (for any group) in polite terminology.
    These conservative pricks are always getting caught with their pants down, too. Pedophilia, affairs, etc. And somehow it doesn't phase anyone in their party, they just double down and look for some other representative or swear to being "reborn" or some such. They can't see it as a symptom of their illness.
    I have a neighbor who says as a Christian she can commit any sin once, because she can repent after and as long as she doesn't repeat it then she still gets her golden ticket into Heaven. Must be nice. This is that mixing you are referring to, I fear. It successfully blesses infractions while still pretending that they are sins. 
    Sometimes what I like most about Christianity (it's flexibility) is also what makes it nonsensical to me.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #601 - April 30, 2017, 03:53 PM

So what you guys are saying in a nutshell is that American conservative Christianity is a robust meme. That's good to hear.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #602 - April 30, 2017, 06:01 PM

I have a neighbor who says as a Christian she can commit any sin once, because she can repent after and as long as she doesn't repeat it then she still gets her golden ticket into Heaven. Must be nice. This is that mixing you are referring to, I fear. It successfully blesses infractions while still pretending that they are sins. 
    Sometimes what I like most about Christianity (it's flexibility) is also what makes it nonsensical to me.

She doesn't know her own religion if she thinks she can willingly and knowingly commit a sin then repent for it. Paul wrote about such Christians that do not live as Christians only paying lip service when it helps them. Repentance isn't a mulligan.
     Reply #603 - April 30, 2017, 06:11 PM

I get the impression that teen pregnancies as sn epidemic happen mostly in societies where sex education is non-existant/lacking, in combination with conservatice ideas about purity and sex before marriage. However, albeit sharing conservative values, it does not practice the same type of social control that a society based on those values would... that's why the US is such a paradox. Where you basically find young people who at one point had a chastity ring or whatever it's called but still end up pregnant at 15...

Every single person I know that had children at a young age as a teenager or young adult was never a conservative and had a proper sex education. Among my friends during high-school I was the only one from a conservative religious background. They just wanted to have sex, didn't care much about the consequences and now live with said consequences   

Where you have a celeb who dresses provocatively and sells "sex" for a living, but sits on a talk show describing how she decided to eventually wait for sex until marrige with her vurrent husband because "it felt wrong as a Christian".

Most celebrities are divorced from reality. They live in a bubble. Look at Streisand rant about how hollywood is the most hate group in America all while she is wearing some dress that probably cost a million.

What scares me a lot is the enormous cultural differences between, for example, the US and Nordic country. Or even the more conservative countries in Europe who even practice/practiced a form of honour culture at one point (and still does). I really can't relate to a lot of things that seems normal in the US. Like how in the world could there ever be a homophobe politician, in Sweden that would be political and social suicide Grin

Keep in mind many of the religious group in America found their way there via deportation for being too extreme when Europe was extremist itself.

Reply #604 - April 30, 2017, 07:21 PM

She doesn't know her own religion if she thinks she can willingly and knowingly commit a sin then repent for it. Paul wrote about such Christians that do not live as Christians only paying lip service when it helps them. Repentance isn't a mulligan.

Yeah, she is not going to listen to me or you. She prefers this sort of theory from her evangelical pastor. I think this is a sect, now.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #605 - April 30, 2017, 07:47 PM

Didn't say they were conservative (even though thet most probably, in general as American  people, voice backwards ideas compared to what I'm used to). I said society was built around conservative and/or backwards (because to me, that's what conservative stands for in essence) ideas and values. But you lack proper social control. So there's a clash, perhaps even a "culture clash", so you end up with old fashioned values and backwards thinking and all it entails but with none of the benefits, and it ends in chaos. Basically trash.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Re: Blatant misogyny in Islam is what is making me question it.
     Reply #606 - May 01, 2017, 12:19 AM

These conservative pricks are always getting caught with their pants down, too. Pedophilia, affairs, etc. And somehow it doesn't phase anyone in their party, they just double down and look for some other representative or swear to being "reborn" or some such. They can't see it as a symptom of their illness.

Why do we keep hearing about people at the top committing the worst crimes? Everybody has their own vices... that we don't do because it's inhumane, lack of opportunity, no money, etc.

I guess for politicians at the top, they already lack humanity in the first place. Now that they are rich and powerful, who's gonna stop them from what they have always wanted to do, but lacked the chance to do so? Power abuse everywhere.

I have a neighbor who says as a Christian she can commit any sin once, because she can repent after and as long as she doesn't repeat it then she still gets her golden ticket into Heaven. Must be nice. This is that mixing you are referring to, I fear.

I feel like that's what most casually-religious people do. There are probably some honest, virtuous religious people, but like every other groups most people just use it to enhance their life anyway....

Every single person I know that had children at a young age as a teenager or young adult was never a conservative and had a proper sex education. Among my friends during high-school I was the only one from a conservative religious background. They just wanted to have sex, didn't care much about the consequences and now live with said consequences   

They don't have abortions?

This is really fascinating. Coming from a very traditional conservative culture, students are afraid of having sex, because of the possibility of pregnancy. Sex ed was a slideshow of STDs and the evil of abortion, so most students don't know anything about birth control methods. Nobody really knew about condoms (and at that time they weren't sold anywhere) and nobody would know how to use it anyway. Pretty sure teenagers everywhere are just as horny, but it's a mutual understanding that nobody should even initiate sex, and it they do they're a bad person. My only complain in this is they only taught that only the men are capable of initiating sex, and the role of girls were to reject them to remain pure. I guess they don't know that teenage girls are just as horny? LOL

I've seen people recommend that schools should provide good sex-ed, responsible parents should teach about birth control, but hey... is it even possible to be a responsible teenager? Sex can be dull with condoms, many birth controls are troublesome, people forget to take pills everyday, etc. Even adults do this, is it realistic to expect teens to keep up with all these while hormones go crazy?

I still feel like if we can, sex should only be done at least after highschool... I feel like sex should only be done by adults, because of the consequences...
     Reply #607 - May 01, 2017, 03:01 PM

Didn't say they were conservative (even though thet most probably, in general as American  people, voice backwards ideas compared to what I'm used to). I said society was built around conservative and/or backwards (because to me, that's what conservative stands for in essence) ideas and values. But you lack proper social control. So there's a clash, perhaps even a "culture clash", so you end up with old fashioned values and backwards thinking and all it entails but with none of the benefits, and it ends in chaos. Basically trash.

Aye, I prefer modern values and forward thinking and all it entails but with none of the benefits. Call me new trash if you will.  Cheesy

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #608 - May 01, 2017, 03:49 PM

.....conservative.
    ....... backwards ideas and values
    ....... lack proper social control.
    .........old fashioned values
    .......... backwards thinking
     ...........Basically trash.

...........prefer modern values and forward thinking .
    ............ Call me new trash ...............

.....Old trash new trash...
    .....backward  thinking   forward thinking....
    .....old fashioned values  new fashioned values ....

whatever.,   As long as all ideas are open to Question ..debate and discuss there will be always a room to improve  any value , any trash ..any thinking and it does not matter however good or bad an idea may be at a given time...

that good old  simple golden rule sets begining standards to any idea

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #609 - May 01, 2017, 05:50 PM

Aye, I prefer modern values and forward thinking and all it entails but with none of the benefits. Call me new trash if you will.  Cheesy

Believe it or not, but conservative and restricting societies do have "benefits", for example certain type of social control that prevent certain sexual exploitation and teen pregnancy (unless child marriages are acceptable ...). They are just not enough for a normal person to give up their freedom and overall well being when there are other far better alternatives. It's when you start mixing things that catastrophy ensures.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #610 - May 01, 2017, 10:53 PM

Believe it or not, but conservative and restricting societies do have "benefits",

Cornflower   those benefits in every conservative society goes to men... only bread crumbs are for women ..

for example certain type of social control that prevent certain sexual exploitation and teen pregnancy (unless child marriages are acceptable ...). ..................

well  that is very little to do with conservative society .. and it is all to do with education/sex education.. and you know where the  so-called conservative societies stand for when it comes to that sex-education

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #611 - May 02, 2017, 03:53 AM

They don't have abortions?

Abortion is legal here. They could have had one but didn't. I know of no reasons why besides one which is only from one of those people. The reason is simple. It is his child, he is not going to have his child put to death because he screwed up. I never dug further as it was not my business.

Reply #612 - July 04, 2017, 08:57 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Previous page 1 ... 19 20 21« Previous thread | Next thread »