Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Taqqiyya

(Read 2917 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Taqqiyya
     OP - June 23, 2017, 02:21 AM

So we have pretty much all gone round and admitted that taqqiyya is a newer concept to most of us former Muslims, that none of us had heard about it until very lately. Tonight an alt-right was trying to convince me of all sorts of conspiracy theories and she dropped this source on me: http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Center_for_Security_Policy  Didn't want to link to their page, because ick.

So I had heard of it before, the Center for Security Policy, but I had never looked them up. So here the description at the aforementioned page goes on to mention that this org had released a report in 2010 called Shariah, about how Muslims are all engaging in taqqiyya and etc. Probably all that creeping shariah cultural jihad stuff.

So my question is, did anyone here know about this concept (taqqiyya) before 2010? Just wondering if this is the cause of all the hype. For me the answer is no. I did not hear about it until after I had joined this forum, and I first heard about it here later on- probably in 2013.

Thanks for your time!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Taqqiyya
     Reply #1 - June 23, 2017, 02:24 AM

Never heard of it.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Taqqiyya
     Reply #2 - June 23, 2017, 02:26 AM

I think I am on to something. I hope Hassan stops in.

• Taqqiyya
     Reply #3 - June 23, 2017, 02:50 AM

Never

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Taqqiyya
     Reply #4 - June 23, 2017, 02:57 AM

Much appreciated! I should have set up a poll, shouldn't I? Ah, this is better for me, I suppose.

• Taqqiyya
     Reply #5 - June 23, 2017, 03:04 AM

Nah, you don't strike me as the kind of woman who plays with polls.

The current format shall suffice.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Taqqiyya
     Reply #6 - June 23, 2017, 03:06 AM

Thanks for your support. Yeah, I am a paper and pencil and earnest expression sort of person, instead.

• Taqqiyya
     Reply #7 - June 23, 2017, 11:32 PM

Never heard the term taqqiyya before 2010.
    But I was brought up in a family where all kinds of islamic ideas were taught. Even shia ones. It was simpler times, all you had to do to be muslim was keep to the 5 pillars. However, the local mosques and preachers were of sunni deobandi background, so that is how the community has developed.
     I was told stories of the martyrdom of Hussain and about the evil yazid kafir. Also, I was taught that if your life is threatened because of being muslim then it is ok to lie and say you are not muslim in order to save your life and the life of others. I have come to understand that this is what the shia were taught to save themselves from sunni persecution. And this is what taqqiyya is.
    I somtimes think that when they finally come to round us all up and put us into internment camps, saying that we're not muslims anymore won't work because the alt-right will say we are only doing taqqiyya.
  • Taqqiyya
     Reply #8 - June 24, 2017, 12:09 AM

The far-right are now creating their own Islamic rulings, I see. Maybe they're right and we were all part of this taqiyyah global conspiracy without even realising it. I wonder what sort of genius it took to uncover this carefully hidden truth that even taqiyyah practitioners  (former taqiyyah practitioners in our case) knew about!  Grin
  • Taqqiyya
     Reply #9 - June 24, 2017, 01:53 AM

Quite seriously this is not the first time there was a foreign influence on Islamic trends. It's not surprising.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »