Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:41 PM

What's happened to the fo...
Today at 12:21 PM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: You believe in God?

(Read 1862 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • You believe in God?
     OP - June 22, 2017, 11:09 AM

Well i start this topic to see your opinion.I am exmuslim Copt as i say.I know that you leave Islam. But ypu continue to believe to God?Well i think God is not as Islam say.What is your opinion about christianity.
  • You believe in God?
     Reply #1 - June 22, 2017, 01:06 PM

I think Christianity is the same as Islam,

its a community of people who reinforce each others belief in a ridiculous belief system.

The think all religions provide a sense of belonging and bigger purpose that other ways of life struggle to replicate.  So for lots of people they can provide a socially inclusive environment.

but constantly worrying if a supreme being is gonna kick my ass for not living life according to his warped view of morality is just not for me.
    on the whole im glad i dont have the burden of religion any more.

Im probably mostly agnostic now.  I think a god might exist, but if it does, then it is probably not aware or our existence, or is not bothered by our existence.

A perfectly just God who sentences his imperfect creation to infinite punishment for finite sins is impossible
  • You believe in God?
     Reply #2 - June 22, 2017, 01:25 PM

Well i start this topic to see your opinion. I am exmuslim Copt as i say.I know that you leave Islam. But ypu continue to believe to God?Well i think God is not as Islam say.What is your opinion about christianity.

Hello Christian... welcome to web of complex problems in life.. I didn't get that 

"I am exmuslim Copt"  .., what does that mean?

you mean to say ., you were Coptic Christian   became Muslim and now Ex-Muslim??

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• You believe in God?
     Reply #3 - June 22, 2017, 02:03 PM

I believe in god (or gods) in as much as I believe that they are projections of the human psyche - a phenomenon experienced, as far as we know, only by humans. As concepts, they are cultivated by, and thus reflective of, our respective cultures, values, environments, levels of knowledge, etc. This is true of practically every god that has ever been believed in by humans.

If your internal cognitive dissonance doesn’t destroy your own concept of god(s), I think having one can also serve some practical benefits in terms of individual fulfilment, comfort, and a sense of belonging with others who share your ideas. The downside to having an unscrutinized, flawed god, as human beings are flawed, should be fairly obvious given the state of the world today.
  • You believe in God?
     Reply #4 - June 22, 2017, 08:10 PM

Hello Christian... welcome to web of complex problems in life.. I didn't get that 

"I am exmuslim Copt"  .., what does that mean?

you mean to say ., you were Coptic Christian   became Muslim and now Ex-Muslim??

with best wishes

I start an other topic who say that live in Egypt and i convert secret to Christianity.

• You believe in God?
     Reply #5 - June 22, 2017, 09:58 PM

No, I don't believe in god. My opinion of christianity is that no christian sees it 100% the same way. When it comes to the stated teachings, I think the idea of original sin is an insult to us as a species and I regard the view that the only way I'll be spared eternal torture by accepting that I'm inherently wicked and embracing the torture and blood sacrifice of an iron age Palestinian jew, and that this torture and blood sacrifice is the only way I can be forgiven for having the nature I was intentionally created with, is not only illogical, but perverse. When it comes to your own subjective view, what ibn Bilal said.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • You believe in God?
     Reply #6 - June 22, 2017, 10:12 PM

I did lose belief more gradually, I did not stop believing in a god until all my loyalty towards a deity had melted away, until the habit of it was gone.
    Then I got pissed off, without that constraint..
    Because what sort of god would allow for all this? What omnipotent asshole would allow for the suffering we see in this world, and never lift a finger to help?
    So even if there is a god (I can admit that I don't think there is but that I don't know for certain), I don't respect him and I want him to answer for quite a bit if he ever shows his face.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • You believe in God?
     Reply #7 - June 23, 2017, 01:10 AM

I believe in god (or gods) in as much as I believe that they are projections of the human psyche - a phenomenon experienced, as far as we know, only by humans. As concepts, they are cultivated by, and thus reflective of, our respective cultures, values, environments, levels of knowledge, etc. This is true of practically every god that has ever been believed in by humans.

If your internal cognitive dissonance doesn’t destroy your own concept of god(s), I think having one can also serve some practical benefits in terms of individual fulfilment, comfort, and a sense of belonging with others who share your ideas. The downside to having an unscrutinized, flawed god, as human beings are flawed, should be fairly obvious given the state of the world today.

What a fine answer.

I've long thought that us humans have the capacity to convince ourselves of anything, if we focus and believe it enough. And the above sums up, better than I could have done, my current belief in god/s.

It was my internal cognitive dissonance that led me to Islam, from being a severely depressed de facto atheist on Dawkins' spectrum of theistic probability.

At the height of my practicing time as a Muslim, in the 13 years since saying the shahada, I probably reached de facto theist. However, my continual questioning and internal conflict has brought me almost full circle to the border of leaning towards athiesm and de facto atheist.

So I'm nearly a regular atheist again. But I'm a nearly-athiest with a new appreciation for how god and religion can benefit individuals and communities alike.
  • You believe in God?
     Reply #8 - June 23, 2017, 02:43 AM

I believe in a couple of gods. The gods of power and chance. They are the forces outside of us as individuals that have sway over our lives. Everything is just a manifestation of one of the above gods. This cannot be disproved, and is definitely right because I said so just here in this sentence.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • You believe in God?
     Reply #9 - June 23, 2017, 06:55 AM

What a fine answer.

I've long thought that us humans have the capacity to convince ourselves of anything, if we focus and believe it enough. And the above sums up, better than I could have done, my current belief in god/s.

It was my internal cognitive dissonance that led me to Islam, from being a severely depressed de facto atheist on Dawkins' spectrum of theistic probability.

At the height of my practicing time as a Muslim, in the 13 years since saying the shahada, I probably reached de facto theist. However, my continual questioning and internal conflict has brought me almost full circle to the border of leaning towards athiesm and de facto atheist.

So I'm nearly a regular atheist again. But I'm a nearly-athiest with a new appreciation for how god and religion can benefit individuals and communities alike.

Well Christians here in Egypt dont create problems. Maybe because they are minority but this dont mean nothing.Arabs palaistines in Israel with hamas are minority.Kurdish with PKK in Turkey are minority. Copts never kill peoople but muslims kill Copts.If you see in internet you see that copts forgive their enemies.
    http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/sarah-stites/2017/04/28/egyptian-christian-shocks-muslim-tv-host-forgiving-husbands
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »