Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Nabra Hassanen 17-year-old Muslim girl abducted and killed on way home

(Read 4059 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Nabra Hassanen 17-year-old Muslim girl abducted and killed on way home
     OP - June 19, 2017, 12:03 PM

Nabra Hassanen   17-year-old Muslim girl abducted and killed on way home from Virginia mosque says news

A 17-year-old Muslim girl was assaulted, abducted and killed as she was travelling home in Virginia on Sunday, after attending her local mosque.

The girl, named locally as Nabra Hassanen of Reston, had been attending the All Dulles Area Muslim Society mosque in observance of the last 10 days of Ramadan when the attack happened in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Nabra was walking home from with several friends when they were confronted by a motorist. At one point the man got out of his car and assaulted the girl, according to police.

A body was found in a pond in the Sterling area at around 3pm. An autopsy is yet to be conducted by a medical examiner, but police believe the remains are of the missing teenager.

A 22-year-old man named Darwin Martinez Torres was stopped during the police search for “driving suspiciously in the area” and charged with murder, Fairfax County Police Department said.

well here is that 17 year old

what she do to deserve such death at the age of 17?? is that because      she just wearing that piece of cloth on her head?   Mr.  Trump  can you do something on that??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - June 19, 2017, 12:19 PM

Dear yeezevee,
    Pose a problem like that to trump, his thinking to do something on that is likely to be banning the cloths on head, banning going mosque last ten days.
    Only because ponds and lakes, water with dead bodies no good, he needs them for industrial waste from coal. After EPA is gone.
     Reply #2 - June 20, 2017, 01:03 AM

what she do to deserve such death at the age of 17?? is that because      she just wearing that piece of cloth on her head?   Mr.  Trump  can you do something on that??

President Trump could deport more illegal immigrants... like the Salvadorean arrested for the crime.

Effective and justly-enforced borders protect everyone, including legal foreign residents.
     Reply #3 - June 20, 2017, 01:42 AM

How Awful!

It's only a litle girl... Just 17!   .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

Heartless coward band.

Sometimes, I really hope there is a god (or something close to it)...
     Reply #4 - June 20, 2017, 02:37 AM

President Trump could deport more illegal immigrants... like the Salvadorean arrested for the crime.

Effective and justly-enforced borders protect everyone, including legal foreign residents.

Roll Eyes

Or, he could have just banned all Muslims, that way the poor girl wouldn't have been here either.  [/sarcasm]
     Reply #5 - June 20, 2017, 05:18 AM

Me: serious point
    Ibn Bilal: sarcasm and slander

Another day in CEMB . . .
     Reply #6 - June 20, 2017, 11:12 AM

Insinuating that slander is a daily, or even a regular, occurrence at CEMB is a strong accusation. Care to substantiate it?
     Reply #7 - June 20, 2017, 11:35 AM

dear Zimriel does that not put all illegal immigrants living in US of A for the past 10 or 20 years  into the brackets  of "criminals"?

Should   we consider  Mr.  Trump's German Grandfather as Illegal Immigrant to US of A and possible supporter of Early Nazi German Party?? ...so...so Mr. Trump should make rules to export all Trump Ancestors to Germany ..

No you are wrong.. That may only protect  from Criminals that may have entered your country US of A Illegaly  ..but then you will start witch hunting the  legal immigrants that are living in US of A  also. Japanese American residents and their kids in the 2nd world war was a perfect example.

First of All that 22 year old criminal hotdead  rogue character who murdered the 17 year old  may not be related to Islam/Anti-Islam /Hijab  problem  as many  Islamic propagandists are trying to put that as faith hate  crime    .,  Of course the details  of the case   has not come out   but that is what I think.,

American economic problem or Problems in America with criminals and criminal gangs  will not get solved by strict controls  on Immigration or exporting  all illegal immigrants .,  It  is true that  criminal justice system of US of A needs a way to solve the problem  of Illegal
     immigrants that are already living in US of for 10 or more years  and new rules for new Illegal  migrants ..

Reply #8 - June 20, 2017, 03:59 PM

Why do you think that she is a foreign resident?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #9 - June 20, 2017, 04:57 PM

Me, a rube: an innocent girl was kidnapped and murdered
    You, an intellectual: you know what stops innocent girls getting killed? kicking out more illegal immigrants

Charming.
     Reply #10 - June 21, 2017, 01:31 AM

Why do you think that she is a foreign resident?

Just to  clarify that point to the readers..   that 17 year old smiling Nabra Hassanen is  born in   USA  like this Mr.Bruce Springsteen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqUk0SMzkeI

And she was the eldest of four daughters  to a Egyptian Immigrant .  That face tells me she would have had bright future in that country..,  Usually First gen immigrant kids of  any new country work hard specially girls to compete  to prove  and get on with  life..

one more proof...  this allah/god is impotent imaginative cartoon character  never helped anyone and that includes  innocents of violent crimes since time immemorial when human race bifurcated from monkeys  

Reply #11 - June 21, 2017, 07:13 AM

Apparently it was "road rage" and not a hate crime http://wtop.com/virginia/2017/06/fairfax-co-police-not-investigating-murder-muslim-teen-hate-crime/
     Reply #12 - June 21, 2017, 08:26 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/19/virginia-murdered-girl-nabra-hassanen-muslim-father

.............Nabra’s father, Mohmoud Hassanen, rejected that version of events. “I don’t believe this story,” he told the Guardian by phone on Monday afternoon. “I tell the detective the same thing.”

Hassanen, 60, said: “He killed my daughter because she is Muslim. That’s what I believe. That’s what I told him.”

A driver for a limousine company, Egyptian-born Hassanen moved to the US in 1987 and Nabra, born in the US, was the eldest of four daughters. On Saturday, he recalled, she had 13 Muslim friends over at the family flat in Reston, Virginia, to break fast at about 8.30pm. They left at 9.30 or 9.45pm for late night prayers, held during the last 10 days of Ramadan, at the All Dulles Area Muslim Society (Adams) mosque in nearby Sterling.

Speaking in sombre tones on Monday morning at his home, Hassanen said: “After everybody had gone, after about three or four minutes, she came back. I think maybe she forgot something. Then she came inside the kitchen. She just kissed me, she said goodbye. It was the last time I saw her.”

He had suggested to Nabra that he would pick her up, Hassanen added, but she said a friend’s father was going to collect the group. Then, at about 3am, police told Hassanen that she was missing. Around 15 children were interviewed at the Adams mosque as witnesses, he continued.

Breathing hard to keep his emotions in check, Hassanen said they gave this version of events: “My daughter fell down. When she fell down, the guy hit her with a baseball stick. He went and drove his car and came back, and picked her up and threw her in a lake a mile from the mosque.”

Despite the police being quick to indicate they are not treating it as a hate crime, Hassanen feels sure that Nabra’s appearance played some part. “He followed the girls, and all of them had head cloths, meaning they are Muslim, and he had a baseball stick.

I told the detective: ‘I want to ask him one question. Why did he do that? Because he doesn’t like Muslims, or what?’ He tells me he has no answer for that. This answer is going to be in the court.”

Asked if he thought his daughter was killed because she was Muslim, Hassanen replied: “I believe so, 100%. In the McDonald’s there’s a lot of kids, a lot of people; why did he run behind this girl especially? For what?

“When I go to court I’m going to look him in the eye: why did you do this to my daughter? Then I’m going to forgive him and leave him to God’s face. The lord is going to judge him. He took my daughter’s life.”

Reply #13 - June 21, 2017, 08:41 AM

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/article157110694.html

This photo provided by the Fairfax County Police Department shows Darwin Martinez Torres, of Sterling, Va. Martinez Torres was held on a murder charge Monday, June 19, 2017, in the slaying of a teenage Muslim girl who was attacked during a breakfast break from an all-night prayer session at her mosque. Fairfax County Police Department via AP)

Reply #14 - June 22, 2017, 06:17 AM

A secondary and foreign source compared to the actual police reports.

He had suggested to Nabra that he would pick her up, Hassanen added, but she said a friend’s father was going to collect the group. Then, at about 3am, police told Hassanen that she was missing. Around 15 children were interviewed at the Adams mosque as witnesses, he continued.

Breathing hard to keep his emotions in check, Hassanen said they gave this version of events: “My daughter fell down. When she fell down, the guy hit her with a baseball stick. He went and drove his car and came back, and picked her up and threw her in a lake a mile from the mosque.”

Despite the police being quick to indicate they are not treating it as a hate crime, Hassanen feels sure that Nabra’s appearance played some part. “He followed the girls, and all of them had head cloths, meaning they are Muslim, and he had a baseball stick.

I told the detective: ‘I want to ask him one question. Why did he do that? Because he doesn’t like Muslims, or what?’ He tells me he has no answer for that. This answer is going to be in the court.”

Asked if he thought his daughter was killed because she was Muslim, Hassanen replied: “I believe so, 100%. In the McDonald’s there’s a lot of kids, a lot of people; why did he run behind this girl especially? For what?

An opinion from a man that was not there and is repeating hearsay.
     Reply #15 - June 22, 2017, 01:30 PM

A secondary and foreign source compared to the actual police reports.

An opinion from a man that was not there and is repeating hearsay.

you mean  Nabra  Hassanen's  father?  that Egyptian guy is filled with Ritualistic Islamic rules  until his neck ....  The case is NOT clear.,  I actually wonder whether Nabra knew that 22 year old brutal scoundrel ....  I don't see any good reason to Isolate her from group of 15 or so friends  and beat her with metal bat..

http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/nabra-darwin-torres-muslim-girl-murder-virginia/

well  there I agree with Mr. Hassanen.. courts are the best way to ask questions and find answers  

https://patch.com/virginia/reston/murder-nabra-hassanen-what-you-need-know

Not much is known about Martinez Torres yet, but reports indicate that he is from El Salvador and apparently doesn't speak English, or at least not very well. The Post reports that he spoke through a Spanish translator to answer a judge's questions during his brief arraignment Monday in Fairfax County juvenile court. His next court appearance is set for July 19.

The Post also reported that Martinez Torres used a metal bat to assault Hassanen, based on information from her mother. UPDATE 9:47 a.m. Tuesday: Police said at a Monday evening press conference that they believe Marintez Torres hit Hassanen with a baseball bat and then took her with him in his car to a second location, where he assaulted her a second time and then dumped her body, returning to the scene of the altercation where a patrolling officer spotted him about an hour and a half after the argument first started.

UPDATE 6:08 p.m. Monday: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement has gotten involved in the case. "On June 19, ICE lodged a detainer on Darwin Martinez Torres, a citizen and national of El Salvador, with the Adult Detention Center in Fairfax, Virginia. ICE lodges detainers on aliens who have been arrested on local criminal charges when the agency has probable cause to believe an alien is removable from the United States. Mr. Martinez Torres has no prior encounters with ICE."

Where did it happen?

The area where the assault happened is a quiet neighborhood just off the bustling Route 7 corridor near the border between Loudoun and Fairfax counties. Booming development in Sterling and Reston have led to a tremendous influx of families into the area in recent years wanting to settle down in an area that continues to add jobs. It's an area where teens like Hassanen felt safe walking around with their friends, which is why the killing was so shocking to the community.

Why was she out and about so early in the morning?

We are currently in the midst of Ramadan, a month-long period of fasting in the Islamic tradition when Muslims refrain from eating or drinking from sunrise until sunset. Hassanen and many teens like her in the area reportedly enjoy hanging out at an IHOP or McDonald's near their mosque early in the morning to eat before the day's fasting begins at sunrise. When Martinez Torres reportedly confronted Hassanen, she had been walking with her friends after going to one of those restaurants.

What mosque did she go to?

Terror In Flint; Major Storm Hits Coast; GOP Health Care Bill Unveiled: Patch Morning Briefing
    Also: new Phillando Castile video, ugly produce and a sneaky deer.
    The All Dulles Area Muslim Society (ADAMS), located on Sugarland Road in Sterling near where the confrontation happened, describes itself as being an "Islamic center that is open and inviting to both men and women, young and old, and visitors of other faiths," according to its website. The ADAMS Center also says it is "committed to providing all of its attendees with a safe and welcoming environment to worship, learn, socialize, and serve the center and the greater community."

The ADAMS Center released a statement after Hassanen's death, saying mosque leadership was "devastated and heartbroken" over the incident.

"It is a time for us to come together to pray and care for our youth," the statement reads. "ADAMS has licensed counselors on site to assist anyone in need of counseling during these difficult times. We would also like to thank our community, government officials and interfaith partners for their prayers and support during these tough times."

Is this a hate crime?

The Fairfax County Police Department tweeted that they were not investigating this as a hate crime. Later, they issued an update stating that they believe road rage, not her religion, motivated the attack.

Before that update, BuzzFeed News quoted police spokesperson Don Gotthardt as saying that the investigation wasn't "as definitive" as the tweet made it seem and that the tweet could have been "crafted a little better," suggesting that police are still open to the possibility of treating this as a hate crime.

Reply #16 - June 23, 2017, 02:30 PM

Thousands attend vigil, prayers for slain Muslim girl  says news   with this picture

WASHINGTON: Tho­usands gathered in a Washington suburb on Wednesday afternoon to pay their final respects to a 17-year-old Muslim girl who was killed in Virginia earlier this week.

The daylong funeral began with prayers at the All Dulles Area Muslim Society mosque in Sterling, Virginia, where Nabra Hassanen and friends were headed when attacked.

The mourners included a large number of non-Muslim sympathisers and friends as well.

A vigil in Dupont Circle in the District on Tuesday night also drew hundreds and hundreds more attended a vigil in Reston, another Washington suburb, on Wednesday night.

Nabra and a group of other teenagers were walking and biking along a road after a Ramazan event at the All Dulles Area Muslim Society, ADAMS, Centre, a large mosque in Sterling, when they got into a dispute with the suspect, Darwin Martinez Torres.

Police said that moments after the altercation, he attacked the group with a baseball bat, beating Nabra to death. He then shoved her body in his car and threw it in a pond in the nearby Loudoun County. Vigils and prayers were also held in other US cities as the brutal assault alarmed the Muslim community and reverberated nationally with calls for a hate-crime investigation. Police are investigating it as a road rage crime.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/thousands-turn-out-for-funeral-of-muslim-girl-bludgeoned-to-death-in-virginia-20170622-gww6jf.html

A speaker addresses the thousands at Nabra's funeral.

Mahmoud Hassanen Aboras with family as he listens to speakers during a vigil in honour of his daughter Nabra. Photo: AP

Though some Muslim folks including Mahmoud Hassanen Aboras   projecting it as Muslim hate crime but  I  am not certain that 22 year old Brute  who apparently was Illegal Immigrant  from El Salvador that murdered  Nabra Hassanen should be considered as Muslim Hate crime.. 

AMRIKA IS FILLED WITH BRAINLESS HOT HEADS AND FULL OF YOUNG CRIMINALS.. add guns and drugs to it., the brutal crimes gets multiplied by 10 or so.   

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »