Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Starting a blog on Islam

(Read 3977 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Starting a blog on Islam
     OP - June 12, 2017, 07:10 PM

Hello everyone, I haven't been here in a while (so you probably don't recognize me). I left Islam five years ago, still live at home and have been pretending to be Muslim for all this time. I am thinking of starting a blog on my experiences as an ex muslim woman.

Recently, I have revisited the ongoing debate of Islam vs Secular Society. I was watching a few youtube videos on the connection between Islam and feminism. I realized that we ex muslim women are not given a platform to speak about our experiences. Muslim women are eager to express that they do not feel oppressed by Islam, yet we ex muslims are brushed aside. Our narrative is considered less acceptable, as we are not the mainstream. Not only that, but people like the prominent feminist muslim women who have a wide media audience are very willing and able to shut us down.

So in light of that, I am probably going to start to build my own platform. I am interested in hearing what you ladies think about the connection between islam, feminist, and our secular society. What are your experiences as muslim women? Do you feel that Islam gives you adequate rights (I am not going to publish anything anyone says here, I'd just like to hear a wider variety of opinions other than my own).

Thanks everyone!
     Reply #1 - June 12, 2017, 08:17 PM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2 - June 12, 2017, 09:11 PM

Hello everyone, I haven't been here in a while (so you probably don't recognize me). ................

Hellooooo     anonexmuslima  ..Glad to see you back..  No...nooono we  didn't forget you  atleast ..Not me..  ..everything gets recorded by Allah dear  anonexmuslima..

So you would like open a website and write ...   so you want answers  to your questions  

Q1..... What are your experiences as muslim women?.....
    Nah..  I am not Muslim woman.,  I am Guy ., ........My GrandMa was  a Shia Muslim Woman ..was a wonderful person and very few who acquainted with her  forgets her generosity ...  My Mom was Muslim for few years... I am Zebra  by birth  w.r.t  faiths...

Q2....Do you feel that Islam gives you adequate rights ..
    Nope...Not only Isam., Many faiths do not give adequate rights to
     women folks

Comment1:...   (I am not going to publish anything anyone says here, I'd just like to hear a wider variety of opinions other than my own).

You can publish...copy/paste  at your place  everything and anything what I say.. so what is up with the nick  

anonexmuslima ??  A  Non Ex-Muslima??  what does  that mean??

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - June 12, 2017, 09:28 PM

Hellooooo     anonexmuslima  ..Glad to see you back..  No...nooono we  didn't forget you  atleast ..Not me..  ..everything gets recorded by Allah dear  anonexmuslima..

So you would like open a website and write ...   so you want answers  to your questions  

Q1..... What are your experiences as muslim women?.....
    Nah..  I am not Muslim woman.,  I am Guy ., ........My GrandMa was  a Shia Muslim Woman ..was a wonderful person and very few who acquainted with her  forgets her generosity ...  My Mom was Muslim for few years... I am Zebra  by birth  w.r.t  faiths...

Q2....Do you feel that Islam gives you adequate rights ..
    Nope...Not only Isam., Many faiths do not give adequate rights to
     women folks

Comment1:...   (I am not going to publish anything anyone says here, I'd just like to hear a wider variety of opinions other than my own).

You can publish...copy/paste  at your place  everything and anything what I say.. so what is up with the nick  

anonexmuslima ??  A  Non Ex-Muslima??  what does  that mean??

Thanks for responding Yeezevee. My username is actually short for anonymous ex muslimah Smiley

Reply #4 - June 13, 2017, 12:26 AM

I read a lot of apologist literature as I was learning Islam in English. It sounded pretty darn good, on paper. Get to keep your income, someone else provides for you, etc. In the every day it didn't seem bad at all.
    But when important things come up, like divorce or human rights, Islam fails quite horribly. So many things are not taken into account and the big elephant in the room is that women are considered to be unable to make their own choices. There must be a man in the picture in order for a woman to live an Islamic life.
    This infantilizes Muslim women and creates dependence - and that cancer affects the entire Ummah, in my opinion.
    I hope that helps you, let me know if you require any clarification.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »