Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Norway proposes ban on full-face veils in schools

(Read 3390 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Norway proposes ban on full-face veils in schools
     OP - June 12, 2017, 11:29 AM

Norway proposes ban on full-face veils in schools  says news

Norway aims to ban face-covering Muslim veils in kindergartens, schools and universities, the government said on Monday, the latest European nation to propose restrictions on wearing burqas and niqabs.

France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Bulgaria and the German state of Bavaria have all imposed restrictions on wearing full-face veils in public places.

Norway's minority government, a coalition of the centre-right Conservatives and the populist Progress Party, said it was confident it would find opposition support for the move.

“We have every reason to believe this will be approved by parliament,” Education Minister Torbjoern Roe Isaksen told Reuters.

Norway, which will hold elections on Sept 11, will be the first country in the Nordics to introduce a ban on burqas for both adults and children.

“Face-covering garment such as the niqab or burqa do not belong in Norwegian schools. The ability to communicate is a basic value,” acting Minister of Immigration and Integration, Per Sandberg, told a news conference.

Employees who insist on wearing a veil would risk losing their jobs, and students could face expulsion from university, he added.

that is the news today..

Well when we have high school dropouts and IDIOTS LIKE THESE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvlGTNpuLqI

preaching Islam in foreign countries without reading Quran or reading it improperly and add some Islamic Juice from those stupid hadith books  what we will  have is ..THESE PROBLEMS ..   look at that Idiot here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIqqTj_rino

All these fools  sing silly songs to brainwash adolescent kids

You Islam preaching fools,  this is 21st century., you must realize what you preach will   hit you  and hit millions of Muslim folks who have nothing to do with your  STUPID MORONIC ISLAM...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - June 12, 2017, 11:46 AM

Your Daily Muslim: Syed Farasat Ali Bukhari

Look at that ISLAMIC IDIOT

That is nothing but Child abuse., you  fools, you can dress up a kid once in awhile on the day of some Islamic festivals  or at prayer times on some special day..that dress code  for a kid is not for 24 hrs a day

Reply #2 - June 12, 2017, 06:56 PM

I think it is a big, big mistake to ban it from universities. :(

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #3 - June 12, 2017, 07:08 PM

I can see why they'd want to ban the ninjaesque veil within identity sensitive environments.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #4 - June 13, 2017, 03:27 AM

I agree. Cornflower was a niqabbi in uni, and uni helped her apostatize. They think the ban will strip the niqabbis their veils, but unfortunately it will most likely drive them back to their homes.
     Reply #5 - June 13, 2017, 05:40 AM

The sad thing is I don't think that will bother most people. The typical feeling in regard to the veil is "I don't like it, I find it offensive, it makes me uncomfortable", which is hardly a mentality that is going to be bothered by them staying home.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #6 - June 13, 2017, 09:29 AM

There is no real point for banning it from Universities. Any and all argument is either non-convincing or outright counter-productive. This is the problem with these kind of bans and laws. Many are illogical and ads fuel to the those who both are Islam/Muslimophobes, and those who accuse others of Islamophobia when it's not... it' tiresome...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #7 - June 13, 2017, 01:26 PM

There is no real point for banning it from Universities. ...

.. it' tiresome...

how about the pictures you see  at this post 
     dear Cornflower  https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=31004.msg869899#msg869899

well  yes it is tiresome  to debate/discuss such issues with  stubborn folks   but pros and cons of such religious symbols which in fact make political statement  must continue .,  Public funds Vs  private funded  universities can have their own rules and policies on dress codes .. which are again debated and discussed..

Reply #8 - June 13, 2017, 03:32 PM

They are small children, wearing the hijab. It's not what I was commenting on, was it?

Reply #9 - June 13, 2017, 04:25 PM

They are small children, wearing the hijab. It's not what I was commenting on, was it?

Of  course you were not commenting  on toddlers Cornflower., Anyways what is your opinion on parents that dress up children like that and send them to kindergarten ??

But  on adults,   I would say many young college going Muslimah or even well educated Adult Muslim women folks who are  in workforce BUT ARE NOT  PREACHING ISLAM,  If they are putting on Niqab/burkha at colleges day in day out.,I would  say  THEY ARE NOTHING BUT CHILDREN that have no freedom  to dress up what they like and controlled by someone or something .,

obviously   they can put on such attire  on some religious festivals  or on visiting Mosques  etc ..etc...places

Reply #10 - June 13, 2017, 05:51 PM

If the universities are state run the government may have no choice. Private universities will be exempt from such laws. Unless Norway goes completely over the top.
     Reply #11 - June 13, 2017, 06:54 PM

Of course there is a choice Grin they just made the choice to ban adult women from getting an education because of what they wear.

Most women I know who have worn the niqab, or otherwise been very religious and fundamentalist, have either left their religion entirely or become significantly more moderat/critical after getting an education. In Sweden, most degrees in social sciences/humanities, have some sort of gender studies/perspective in their corses. I've heard several muslimahs/ex-muslimahs specifically cite their studies and critical thinking in gender studies as a reason for questioning their religion.

So if integration and moderation is their goal, they're on the wrong path wirh a ban.

Reply #12 - June 13, 2017, 07:08 PM

1).  Most women I know who have worn the niqab, or otherwise been very religious and fundamentalist, have either left their religion entirely or become significantly more moderate/critical after getting an education.

2).  In Sweden, most degrees in social sciences/humanities, have some sort of gender studies/perspective in their corses. I've heard several muslimahs/ex-muslimahs specifically cite their studies and critical thinking in gender studies as a reason for questioning their religion. ...

Just curious on that .. were these converted Muslimahs .,  or  Muslimahs  migrated to Sweden or   Muslimahs born  in Sweden to  Muslim parents that were migrated to Sweden..

By the way I consider  Sweden  is the best country on this planet., I have a wonderful friend(was collegue)  from Sweden     who  is a  Anesthesiologist in  US of A 

Great guy I still keep in touch with him...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #13 - June 13, 2017, 07:22 PM

Ironically Norway is ranked the freest country on the planet.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #14 - June 13, 2017, 07:29 PM

The converts left the religion, born muslimahs just chilled a bit down. I guess it primarily had to do with the fact that born muslimahs has a lot more to lose if rhey leave their religion, and the fact that religion is such a major part of your identity and culture.

Reply #15 - June 14, 2017, 01:33 AM

Of course there is a choice Grin they just made the choice to ban adult women from getting an education because of what they wear.

I mean in application. For example a state run school must maintain freedom of speech while a private school does not. Banning clothing is the other side of the coin to nations which enforce clothing. Setting up support for those force to wear the clothing would have been a better option than banning it outright.

Most women I know who have worn the niqab, or otherwise been very religious and fundamentalist, have either left their religion entirely or become significantly more moderat/critical after getting an education. In Sweden, most degrees in social sciences/humanities, have some sort of gender studies/perspective in their corses. I've heard several muslimahs/ex-muslimahs specifically cite their studies and critical thinking in gender studies as a reason for questioning their religion.

I considered this as well in my above point

So if integration and moderation is their goal, they're on the wrong path wirh a ban.

I think the ban is damage control even with good intentions.
     Reply #16 - June 14, 2017, 02:36 PM

CF I think you bring such a unique perspective to this discussion. Not many people can relate to or even appreciate what goes on in the mind of a religious person, yet people make policies based on their assumptions of what should or should not happen. I hope your voice can get out there more in these sorts of situations.
     Reply #17 - June 15, 2017, 09:13 AM

Thanks, your words are too kind Smiley
    But it is true, as long as you make policies affecting people's lives without including those who are affected in the discussion, the outcome is rarely positive. Now,
    Norway has a very small number of women in niqab. Smaller than Sweden at least. They made estimates that around 200-300 women wear niqab in Sweden. However, just in my city at least a 100-200 women wear it. They argued that since so few wore it, it was no big deal and only extremists would be affected. That's untrue however you look at it. Even if they are few,  it is even more important to include them in society. After all, we are grown ass women -_-  if a woman is forced to wear it, she's not gonna be allowed ro study without it anyway. Chances are that her being allowed to wear it, may be the only argument she has for her to be allowed to go to uni.
    Imagine if I hadn't been allowed to get an education. It scares me to even think about it, because I would have it so much harder to break free from the oppression than it already was...

Even though I dislike the niqab in principle, because of what it stands for and what it represents, there are no real and legitamte arguments enough for a ban of it, not for adult women. Whether that be in public or in school. Unless you admit you are a xenophobic bigot that is  grin12

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »