Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Evolutions and modifications in the Quran

(Read 4092 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Evolutions and modifications in the Quran
     OP - June 03, 2017, 12:20 AM

Hello everyone!
    Recently I had a debate with a muslim friend about historicity of the Quran, she claimed that it was unchanged (just like most muslims), so I wanted to do the investigation myself. After a couple of weeks reading ton of websites (muslims or not) and books about it, I ended up with a kind of big synthesis of all the claims we can find. I checked all of the sources, and it's pretty complete, but of course it can always be improved.
    I thought it might interest lot of people on here, I'd love to show it to you, although it's 45 pages longs and I can't post any links about PDF, so if you have an idea of how I can share it, I would be really happy!
    I'm french, my english isn't perfect, so feel free to contact me if you want to get the original work (OpenOffice doc or PDF) to fix some mistakes or even add stuff on it Smiley
     Reply #1 - June 03, 2017, 01:59 AM

Early Quranic manuscripts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FJjFFgrF_s

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2 - June 03, 2017, 10:41 AM

This is really interesting. I'm relatively new here too so I don't know much about posting pdfs and things either, but I'd love to know what you found out if you do find a way to share it. Christopher Hitchens says something about the inscriptions on the Dome of the Rock not exactly matching the writing in the Quran, and I know ibn Warraq puts forth some arguments against the Quran's unchanged nature too, but I presume there must be many more and it would be great to have a space to consider all these issues together in the detail.
     Reply #3 - June 03, 2017, 11:31 AM

..........I know ibn Warraq puts forth some arguments against the Quran's unchanged nature too, but I presume there must be many more and it would be great to have a space to consider all these issues together in the detail............

hello Xainab glad to read your post ..

what actually do you or others  meant by unchanged nature of Quran?   I would say,   those FAITH HEADS who say  Quran or for that matter any religious faith books have unchanged and the words in them are words of some super duper allah/god whatever need to learn to use their common sense.  if they do not have that.,however old they may be they need to go back middle  school  and start their  education..

As   far as Quran is concerned  please read first 50 chapters of Quran through its revelation order  at this link //And we will discuss further on that.As fara as this is concerned  
    Hello everyone!
    Recently I had a debate with a muslim friend about historicity of the Quran, she claimed that it was unchanged (just like most muslims), so I wanted to do the investigation myself.

ideally you should get your friend to join and read this forum

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - June 03, 2017, 03:27 PM

Thanks you Quod Sum Eris for the video, it's a bit confused with how it's realized, but still very interesting, also if you have an idea of how to post a link on here, so I could share what I did, it would be great!

Xainab: I sent you a PM with my mail, so you can write to me there and I'd send you what I did, I would be happy to share more informations about it to more people too.

Yeezevee: hehe yeah, but she was kinda busy anyway, and since I sent it to her, she didn't reply xD
     Reply #5 - June 08, 2017, 05:46 AM

When you first join you can't immediately post links. It's a way of stopping spammers. After two or three posts you should be good.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »