Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Trumps pulls US out of Paris climate deal - BBC News

(Read 5445 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Trumps pulls US out of Paris climate deal - BBC News
     OP - June 01, 2017, 10:57 PM

Trumps pulls US out of Paris climate deal - BBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqitZT4Keqc

What Exactly Is In The Paris Climate Accord?

Representatives from 196 nations made a historic pact on Dec. 12, 2015, in Paris to adopt green energy sources, cut down on climate change emissions and limit the rise of global temperatures — while also cooperating to cope with the impact of unavoidable climate change.

ADOPTION OF THE PARIS AGREEMENT United Nations

1. Limit temperature rise 'well below' 2 C

The agreement includes a commitment to keep the rise in global temperatures "well below" 2 C compared to pre-industrial times, while striving to limit them even more, to 1.5 degrees.

Canadian officials agreed to this lower amount earlier this week, saying they would support a long-term goal of limiting rising average temperatures to within 1.5 C of pre-industrial levels.

Scientists consider 2 C the threshold to limit potentially catastrophic climate change.

2. First universal climate agreement

It's the world's first comprehensive climate agreement, with all countries expected to pitch in.

Under the previous emissions treaty, the 1997 Kyoto Protocol, developing countries were not mandated to reduce their emissions.​ Canada signed on to Kyoto, but later backed out in 2011.

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius presented the agreement's final draft on Saturday, noting that it is legally binding.

3. Helping poorer nations

The deal also calls on developed nations to give $100 billion annually to developing countries by 2020. This would help these poorer countries combat climate change and foster greener economies.

The agreement promotes universal access to sustainable energy in developing countries, particularly in Africa. It says this can be accomplished through greater use of renewable energy.

In his appearance at the summit last week, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau committed to helping poorer nations cope with global warming.

In November, the Canadian government promised to spend $2.65 billion over five years to help developing countries reduce their emissions and adapt to climate change.

4. Publishing greenhouse gas reduction targets

Countries will be tasked with preparing, maintaining and publishing their own greenhouse gas reduction targets. The agreement says these targets should be greater than the current ones and "reflect [the] highest possible ambition."

These targets will be reviewed and revised every five years starting in 2023.

The agreement also says that each country should strive to drive down their carbon output "as soon as possible."

5. Carbon neutral by 2050?

The deal sets the goal of a carbon-neutral world sometime after 2050 but before 2100.

This means a commitment to limiting the amount of greenhouse gases emitted by human activity to the levels that trees, soil and oceans can absorb naturally.

Scientists believe the world will have to stop emitting greenhouse gases altogether in the next half-century in order to achieve this goal.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - June 01, 2017, 11:08 PM

Out of all of the BS that he has pulled so far, this is probably the worst. When can the impeachment proceedings finally start?
     Reply #2 - June 01, 2017, 11:14 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Love this guy

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #3 - June 01, 2017, 11:17 PM

Out of all of the BS that he has pulled so far, this is probably the worst. When can the impeachment proceedings finally start?

well   I  am still hearing/watching him  and what I learned  so far is Mr. Trump thinks he can create millions of high paying jobs  by sending Americans into  coal mines  and dig  coal  to burn it....

well I am very certain  Coal mines are not going to create high paying jobs  for americans but it will certainly decrease their lifetime and increase their health care cost.,  

Reply #4 - June 01, 2017, 11:39 PM

and increase their health care cost

Which they won't be able to afford because they are not in high-paying jobs, especially when he repeals Obamacare.
     Reply #5 - June 02, 2017, 12:04 AM

2018 at the soonest.
     Reply #6 - June 02, 2017, 03:18 AM

The Senate isn't going to swing Democrat HM. It sucks, but I have the feeling we'll have him for his entire 4.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #7 - June 02, 2017, 03:50 AM

Wrong reason to pull out. There were legitimate legal arguments which could have been used. I hope Canada pulls out. The Accord is crap.
     Reply #8 - June 02, 2017, 07:49 AM

And so are you

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #9 - June 02, 2017, 08:19 AM

Wrong reason to pull out. There were legitimate legal arguments which could have been used. I hope Canada pulls out. The Accord is crap.

well  dear bogart when you say that.,  it would be nice to give right reasons to pull out  of that 2015 paris climate deal. I  wonder  whether you read that  opening post and its pdf link ..  But I agree with you and Mr.Trump if he  pulls out of ALL INTERNATIONAL DEALS/ORGANIZATIONS including UN and world bank  and  and stop selling weapons to rogues and and stop bombing folks in Yemen  ..Also also increase the US job/industrial growth by digging hole under US for  coal /burning coal  +  build walls around it  and may be build  golf courts and hotels and motels  in it by putting  its people  to work in digging US of A so deep  that it will never come out of its grave........good link to read

http://molx.tk/map-of-usa-military-bases/

Reply #10 - June 02, 2017, 12:45 PM

Paris climate agreement: World reacts as Trump pulls out of global accord – as it happened    says news from  theguardian.com

France's Macron Tells President Trump Paris Accord NOT Renegotiable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tuUcRBs4Rc

Al Gore Says Trump's Decision
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqbqZoOAPk

Reply #11 - June 02, 2017, 01:09 PM

]Greenhouse gases emitted by different countries

World’s Top 10 Polluters of Planet earth

Top two criminal governments that polluting the planet earth are China And US of A

Reply #12 - June 02, 2017, 03:33 PM

You guys keep talking about impeachment. It's never gonna happen. Just like (sane) people never thought (naively) he would get elected, ya'll still believe in justice and "what is right" Grin We'll more likely end up with a second term, and some type of society with a Gilead-ish touch to it, in a generation or two ._.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #13 - June 02, 2017, 05:00 PM

No, don’t get me wrong, I doubt he will actually be impeached, but it’s not even within the realm of possibility so long as republicans are in control, and the possibility of that even beginning to change can’t happen until 2018. And as Asbie said, the senate isn’t going anywhere so even that possibility is moot at best.  I’d love to say that he couldn’t F up any more than he already has, but of course he can. Still, there’s probably next to nothing the guy could do that would get his people to turn on him.

And while I’m optimistic that enough people will realize just how much of a complete asshat the guy is and vote him out in 4 years, even beyond his moronic policies, that is of course not guaranteed either. This country has always been what it is, a schizophrenic push and pull of competing values, ideals, and levels of stupidity.
     Reply #14 - June 02, 2017, 05:10 PM

well  dear bogart when you say that.,  it would be nice to give right reasons to pull out  of that 2015 paris climate deal. I  wonder  whether you read that  opening post and its pdf link ..  But I agree with you and Mr.Trump if he  pulls out of ALL INTERNATIONAL DEALS/ORGANIZATIONS including UN and world bank  and  and stop selling weapons to rogues and and stop bombing folks in Yemen  ..Also also increase the US job/industrial growth by digging hole under US for  coal /burning coal  +  build walls around it  and may be build  golf courts and hotels and motels  in it by putting  its people  to work in digging US of A so deep  that it will never come out of its grave........good link to read

http://molx.tk/map-of-usa-military-bases/

(Clicky for piccy!)

Obama never treated the accord as what it is, a treaty. He was never going to get the 2/3 Senate to ratify it so he bypassed it. This means that it isn't law as the executive branch can not make laws. Nor it is a treaty that is legally binding upon the US regardless of what the UN says  UN does not trump (puns) US constitution.. Any President could of cancelled the American part of the accord with a simple EO at any time. If the accord was treated like a treaty and passed as a treaty it would have been very hard to cancel. The only way the accord was going to be enforced without Senate backing was via the EPA going beyond it's mandate. So an agency would have had the ability to create laws bypassing the Senate again. Yet the Senate controls funding of the EPA. It could of buried the EPA by slashing it's funding thus the accord. More so the Senate could have passed laws crippling the accord as it has the power to pass laws. Simply passing a law with a lower requirement than the accord would of made the accord moot. Keep in mind the EPA has been a target of Trump already., He promised to cancel the EPA's mandate. So the EPA could of been cancelled leaving the accord up to the Senate again. The Senate also control foreign aid so could cripple that part of the accord.

Beside that the accord is crony capitalism. Unelected bureaucrats of the UN determine which companies can take part thus which one are granted subsides. Yet the taxpayer of individual nations are the one's paying the bills. So the UN gets to determine who your nation gets to do business with using your taxes. Large companies are going to be the only ones that get access leaving the energy market in the very hands of the corporations that helped create this issue. Energy corporations are hardly going to stand by and lose their market. More so the green energy market is already more subsidized than the coal market  so we are all going to pay even more than we already do. In the end many nations will not nationalize the green energy industry so corporations are going to be the ones running the industry which will charge all of us for our power consumption. Yet, again, we are the ones paying for this. We are treated as non-investor and are pandered to about having a better environment while other people pocket the profits.

Also I am against the foreign aid packages. If nations right now can not afford to be part of the global development they should hand over all their energy concerns to another nation. That nation and it's people should be the ones benefiting not nations that can not pay their own bills. We could end up subsidizing these nations for years if not centuries to come.

I do not think for a minute China will meet it's commitments. There are no penalties that can not simply veto in the UN by China. More so I doubt any nation with serious trade with China will embargo as it will do a lot of damage to their own economies.  

The citizen is being screwed while being shown lovely pictures of dolphins as a distraction to being screwed.

Yes I read the accord. Have you? More so do you understand what you read?
     Reply #15 - June 02, 2017, 05:16 PM

People talk about impeachment as the left-wing media holds that narrative and has since the election. Heck CNN and MSNBC didn't switch to the Manchester bombing for whole hour after the bombing as it was running its Trump narrative.  That is how important the narrative is. Nevermind there has yet to be one single piece of evidence that could support an impeachment. Narratives are truth or at least that what CNN and their like want you to think.
     Reply #16 - June 02, 2017, 05:38 PM

Yeah there is not going to be an impeachment. There will be some calls for it but it won't happen. If we are VERY VERY lucky we will get him out after 4 is up, but with the rise of hate crimes and the increasing polarization pressuring people to take sides I am not sure we can get him out after 4. I haven't seen it like this since the early nineties and it is fast surpassing even that scene.
    Let's hope his voters feel left behind and are pissed off enough to vote against him next time. I have a horrible feeling they are going to be sidelined and yet give him another chance or, more likely, reach apathy (quickly) and abstain completely from the vote next time.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #17 - June 02, 2017, 06:47 PM

You have to also consider that the Democrats have damaged their reputation with Hillary denying any blame for her election loss. Democrats rhetoric with no basis calling for this or that.  The rabid members of Congress like Waters pushing ignorant and outright delusional ideas to the masses. Many Democrats have been crying like children since the election. This is a massive turn off for independents which sided with Trump last election.

If you have watched anything from Hillary lately it is a sad state of affairs. It seems like she has become delusional. She acts like she is still important, has unpaid staff reinforcing this idea which keeps her in a bubble of reality all her own. I think she is suffering from depression or her stroke did far more damage than she had admitted to. The DNC needs to cut her loose. Keeping her around is damaging the party.
     Reply #18 - June 02, 2017, 10:50 PM

Well, speaking from the point of view of the masses who might soon be hit with reality, it won't matter to them so much who is decent.
    They might just want their benefits, and not even care who gives it to them so long as they can survive.
    Everyone's a critic until they become disenfranchised. Of course this assumes the Republican Party does cut everything the way they say they will.
    Those who can afford some distinction might be trying harder for a third party or more. That is what I hear the most from people who actually read.

Reply #19 - June 02, 2017, 11:13 PM

You guys keep talking about impeachment. It's never gonna happen. Just like (sane) people never thought (naively) he would get elected, ya'll still believe in justice and "what is right" Grin We'll more likely end up with a second term, and some type of society with a Gilead-ish touch to it, in a generation or two ._.

Yeah, unfortunately so. But a girl can still dream.
     Reply #20 - June 03, 2017, 01:49 AM

Just like (sane) people never thought (naively) he would get elected

I'm assuming you meant wouldn't? I was pretty sure he would. Americans follow a cycle. They elect a seemingly warlike president, then a seemingly peaceful one, then a seemingly warlike president, then a seemingly peaceful one, and round and round it goes. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump. Next president will likely be a democrat if the pattern holds.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #21 - June 03, 2017, 05:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2GU8SNmjHY

interesting news and interesting interview  of American  journalist with  the neighbour  with   whom Mr. Trump said  "she is bleeding  from ........."

Reply #22 - June 03, 2017, 10:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEntgsOia0M

Hmm  well That is Amerika

Reply #23 - June 04, 2017, 11:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1cXUOekKLg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiWLJEzJoUs

Reply #24 - June 05, 2017, 12:18 AM

I'm assuming you meant wouldn't? I was pretty sure he would. Americans follow a cycle. They elect a seemingly warlike president, then a seemingly peaceful one, then a seemingly warlike president, then a seemingly peaceful one, and round and round it goes. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump. Next president will likely be a democrat if the pattern holds.

Seemingly is the key word and a point of contention.
     Reply #25 - June 05, 2017, 12:50 AM

Yes, I do NOT consider Obama to be peaceful. Seemingly, yes. Peaceful, no.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »