Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Overcoming fear of Hellfire

(Read 4470 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Overcoming fear of Hellfire
     OP - May 28, 2017, 01:40 PM

How do you overcome the fear of hellfire
     Reply #1 - May 28, 2017, 01:52 PM

Hallo everyone,
    i've ben a muslim for 22 years. I was praying 5 times a day, reading the quran, fasting on ramadan, avoiding major sins and so on. I really believed in this religion and i loved it.
    Anyways since a year im losing faith.
    But there is one thing left: The fear of hellfire

To be honest i only followed the religion so i won't end up in hell, like every other muslim on this planet. [u][b]So how do you deal with these fears? How do you overcome them? They are deeply rooted in my heart.[/b][/u]

[size=12pt][font=Verdana][u][b]Im still a muslim btw.[/b][/u][/font][/size]

I  Love lemon cakes in fact I like any food that has lemon zest and  lemon  smell or lemon taste .. and lemon goes well with salt .,  sugar   as well as hot green pepper   dear Lemoncake.,

welcome to the CEMB den

what is there in Islam?  Fear of hell/stories of hell  is same in every faith .,

You ask   how do you deal with these fears? How do you overcome them? They are deeply rooted in my heart.

answer is very simple.,  STOP BLAMING INNOCENT HARD WORKING HEART and  and   leave the heart alone  blame the brain.. read the Quran and blame the brain  ..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - May 28, 2017, 01:59 PM

Oops you edited your post .. so  I am  going to do same thing ... Question is How do you overcome the fear of hellfire??

in that word hellfire...THERE IS NO HELL., there is only fire.. So I deleted the word hell from my vocabulary

Reply #3 - May 28, 2017, 02:24 PM

well Lemoncake left the town but S/he opened very important folder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2evV3Bjmxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip2djjrUJDI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CofSJK1aMJY

Reply #4 - May 28, 2017, 02:32 PM

If you still afraid of hellfire, then maybe those remnants of Abrahamic doctrines still left deep in your heart.

Then just do good things in your life. As good as you can. If because you are not a Muslim, and God will ignore all your good deeds, then He is an incompetent God. Totally ignoring the essence of Human living on earth.

At least that's how I overcome  the fear of hellfire doctrine. As an agnostic.
     Reply #5 - May 28, 2017, 04:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLVCZ0lI8-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSS5oTM_YGQ

Reply #6 - May 28, 2017, 06:14 PM

Hey, I have similar problems. You are not alone  far away hug

Try to read this:
    https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=24124.0

And especially this:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VYCvXp7hEXYYb9OGrK1DV3sEdoZdPjYkWr06s8Ei_O8/edit

Reply #7 - May 28, 2017, 08:34 PM

And this is also a good read, especially the answer from Omaar.
    https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=6579.0;topicseen
     Reply #8 - May 29, 2017, 09:45 PM

It was the description of hell that made me lose my faith. There is no way an all loving god would torture its creation.
     Reply #9 - May 29, 2017, 11:36 PM

My children are often reminded by other children in the area that their mother is going to hell. I try to talk to them about it, but what usually happens is that they break down in tears. It ends up being that I have to go over it with them at least a dozen times before they stop crying and get a bit logical. It might be about age. Age eight and over is easier.
    I don't understand why it is easier to believe in hell than not, but here it is. They have never heard a preacher or a parent on the subject, just other children.
    When they get calmer I always try to remind them that God (if there be one) is supposed to be all powerful and knows everything. Sort of how a pet mouse would look at them if they had a pet mouse. So I ask them, if your pet mouse doesn't learn x or y, should you mutilate him or her - repeatedly?
    Like seriously, what sort of being would do that?

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #10 - May 30, 2017, 11:50 PM

oh that is really horrible. your poor kids! I wonder where the other children are getting this idea from?

I guess all you can do is reassure them that god is good and that hell doesn't exist.....hopefully if you repeat it enough times it will sink in.

Reply #11 - May 31, 2017, 12:05 AM

I think the older kids are starting to catch my drift. They are getting these ideas from the children here, who are mostly belonging to some sort of rabid Christian sect. Evangelicals? I don't know. Never heard this hating type of doctrine from Christians when I was a kid.

Reply #12 - May 31, 2017, 12:52 AM

Ah ok. so the kids got it from their parents. that figures. Its a crazy cycle brain washed parents brain washing their kids. I'd keep a close eye on your kids.

there was very little religion when I was growing up too. people just kept it to themselves.
     Reply #13 - May 31, 2017, 12:56 AM

Yeah, I do keep a close on them and the local churches, too. I know which ones are nice and which are BURN IN HELL HEATHEN SCUM. That way I know what to expect when they make a new friend who goes to so and so church.

Reply #14 - May 31, 2017, 06:00 PM

Overcoming fear of hell is simply a process that happens with time. Once you come to the rational realisation that it's bollocks, as the months and years pass, you fear it less and less, until it's simply something that you've moved on from.

Have you read this?

https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=24124.0

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #15 - May 31, 2017, 07:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear about the problems of your kids three. I can imagine how hard that must be.
     Reply #16 - June 01, 2017, 01:13 AM

It's not as bad as it would be if I were still Muslim. Then I would be doing it to them. This way, even though it is a bit anguished, they learn about what is true and what is not and it reinforces their trust with me.
    There are some moments, like when this morning when I made a comment about the Tooth Fairy after a kid lost a tooth and my son blurted out "THE TOOTH FAIRY ISN"T REAL, MOM!" over a sea of toddlers at the daycare. There was some sobering silence after that. I have taught them to be on the down low but kids are kids.
    I just refuse to play into this mass delusion that magical beings are breaking into houses for filling stockings and leaving cash under pillows. I decided, when I came clean to them about God, that I would come clean all the way.
    So even if I was in a godless neighborhood (is there such a thing?), there would still be all this other adult sanctioned mythology parroted like tooth fairies and Santa and etc.
    I don't know any other parent who won't do it besides myself, it's pervasive and a bit sickening to me.

Reply #17 - June 01, 2017, 01:22 AM

There are enough places on earth that are hellish to be pre-occupied with. The stories of hellfire I have to admit kind of entertained me in a way since I found the usual stories of Muhammad so boring. The Imams tried to instil fear in but I was merely entertained, like listening to a good horror story.

The more broader and more natural worry is death itself.
     Reply #18 - July 11, 2017, 06:55 PM

How do you overcome the fear of hellfire...

Well I'm an ex British Pakistani Muslim Girl and this is what any Muslim parent fears and installs in you...

Although I don't believe in a religion I believe in a God simply because there is too much injustice in this world and I would like to believe those who do wrong and bad will be punished if not in this life in the afterlife...

So how do you overcome the fear of hellfire...

Ask yourself would you fight for justice..would you fight for those who do good...is hellfire really a place for non muslims as mulims say....what kind of human would really think and assume non muslims who do good in this world really go to hellfire?....

Reply #19 - July 11, 2017, 10:49 PM

TRagu?  what does it mean"  is it like Trex? or Ragu  Sauce? or just a Rag U?   Rag head?    what does thatsupposed mean dear TRagu?

Lahore?  did you live there??
    How do you overcome the fear of hellfire...

Well I'm an ex British Pakistani Muslim Girl ...............

Although I don't believe in a religion I believe in a God ...........

hellfire..
    hellfire.............
     hellfire?....

Oh  you are a girl?  and you are from Pakistan? and it is hellfire .. why do we need  fire when we have hell dear TRag.. Any let me stay away from hell fire and  let me stay away from girls but read scriptures,...

Revelation 21:8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Deuteronomy 17

If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant;

17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel;

Matthew 13:50"  and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

well sure there is plenty of hell fire  from which sayings of Islam borrows from..

Reply #20 - July 12, 2017, 12:18 AM

My video on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOxDssdJ_3g

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #21 - July 12, 2017, 02:09 AM

You can not be afraid of something that does not exist, at least for me and especially as described in the scriptures.
     Reply #22 - July 12, 2017, 07:35 AM

Hi yeezevee...your very funny lol and no I've been born and bought up in the UK all my life I'm not from Lahore...sorry should have said ex Muslim British Pakistani.
     Reply #23 - July 12, 2017, 08:58 AM

Hi yeezevee...your very funny lol and no I've been born and bought up in the UK all my life I'm not from Lahore...sorry should have said ex Muslim British Pakistani.

indeed  i am funny, very funny .,

reading all of your posts  ((T Ragu posts)) tells me something else dear T Ragu....  Essentially every post of yours says  "that you are a girl, you are ex-Muslim,  you are pakistani, you are British   and you are looking for Pakistani girls of this forum" .....

interesting posts from you  Miss Rag.,

So why do you find this "Hellfire "  of Islam is some odd thing   when you find same thing essentially in every  faith dear TRagu??

Reply #24 - July 12, 2017, 12:41 PM

Hi yeezevee...I came on this post to find ex Muslim Pakistani Girls in the same situation like mine...I've read a lot of posts from ex Muslim Pakistani Guys but very few from a girls perspective...so I'd be interested to find any in the same situation as mine which is why I joined recently....as I'm sure I'm the not the only one...

Every faith discusses hellfire my point was from an ex mulims point of view and what I did to overcome...

I don't believe in any form of religion or set of laws...

Reply #25 - July 12, 2017, 03:18 PM

Hi yeezevee...I ex Muslim Pakistani Girl  read a lot of posts from ex Muslim Pakistani Guys but very few from a girls perspective...........

Hmm..

I have no one,  I have nothing and  I trust NOTHING dear T_Rag...   Why Ex-Muslim Pakistani girls when you are a  British girl??  ... British queen dear   T_Rag??    are you  or are you not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWScs7-qgi0

I don't believe in any form of religion or set of laws...

Ok.,  You don't need to be a faith head  but some laws you must follow otherwise do not drive in foreign countries as you drive in London ....

So where from in England? what city dear T _Rag??

Reply #26 - July 29, 2017, 02:28 AM

Every time I remeber the description of hell fire ..  I say   Alhamdo Lellah I am atheist .
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »