Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: monogamy

(Read 4700 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • monogamy
     Reply #30 - May 26, 2017, 05:01 PM

So basically no bitches
  • monogamy
     Reply #31 - May 26, 2017, 08:59 PM

Could you elaborate on this point plz

Yes. Being in a committed relationship by choice means you are committing over and over again to stay and keep at it even after the initial blush of falling in love wears off (and it does wear off). It affects every part of your life and your decision making. It can take seven years to know a person, they say, and I can attest to it taking quite some time, in truth.
    It can be extremely rewarding to work through life closely with another person. That encourages growth, as do relationships that do NOT work out. You learn about yourself, a great deal, by seeing how your actions and reactions affect another person who is so close to you.
    If you did not maintain a close committed relationship you would never learn any of those things, you would never have opportunity.
    When I said you should not become a reflection what I meant was that it is important to stay yourself, to be true to yourself, even while being true to another person. You cannot be what another person wishes you to be and nor are you what they see you as. So while you need to work with another person in the relationship you cannot forget, neglect, or change your own self to suit them. You need balance and a strong sense of self, which ironically, I feel is gained by being in a relationship as much as it is cemented by being alone.
    My disclaimer here is that I have three failed marriages and I come from an unloving family. So use salt with my opinion.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • monogamy
     Reply #32 - May 26, 2017, 09:03 PM

Thans three.....I dont really care for marriage and would preffer cohabitation....also i learnt today that a marriage that lasts only 5,10,15 years and is monogpous is still are monogpous sucsess for 5,10,15 years
  • monogamy
     Reply #33 - May 26, 2017, 09:08 PM

I would also recommend cohabitation, depending on the laws where you are. Reassessing absolutely everything in the case of children is a must, though. Every place has different laws regarding custody and marriage vs cohabitation can affect a custody case.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • monogamy
     Reply #34 - May 26, 2017, 10:01 PM

people are living much longer these days. its a long time to be with just one person. especially if one person grows emotionally and the other remains
    stunted.

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »