Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Attack at Manchester Arena

(Read 11747 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Attack at Manchester Arena
     OP - May 23, 2017, 01:06 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/world/europe/ariana-grande-manchester-police.html?_r=0

MANCHESTER, England — At least one explosion, which may have been a suicide bombing, thundered through a Manchester concert arena on Monday night just as a performance by the pop star Ariana Grande ended, in what the police described as a “terrorist incident.” They said at least 19 people had been killed and 50 wounded as panicked spectators, including adolescents, screamed and fled...

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #1 - May 23, 2017, 01:13 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/22/world/europe/ariana-grande-manchester-police.html?_r=0

MANCHESTER, England — .................. They said at least 19 people had been killed and 50 wounded as panicked spectators, including adolescents, screamed and fled...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMrF1gvVBNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLY5oOeFq5M

such a large crowd

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - May 23, 2017, 03:23 AM

https://youtu.be/FAXwJT-jF94

19 dead 50 injured .... good to hear that locals are taking people in their homes for free who are strandead in manchester and taxis offering free rides home.
     Reply #3 - May 23, 2017, 04:35 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/manchester-explosion-suicide-bomber-terror-attack-suspected-latest-news-updates-ariana-grande-arena-a7750436.html

Police said they believe a suicide bomber may have been responsible for the deadly incident in Manchester that left at least 19 people, according to US officials reportedly briefed on what happened.

http://nypost.com/2017/05/23/suicide-bombing-suspected-in-deadly-blast-at-ariana-grande-concert/

A suspected suicide bomber targeted a concert in England by pop star Ariana Grande Monday, killing at least 19 people in a blast that went off just as the crowd of her young fans was leaving the venue.

The tragedy left some 50 people injured and sent a panic through a throng of music lovers outside the Manchester Arena immediately after a performance by the “Dangerous Woman” singer, according to local police department.

Among the casualties were a large number of young girls, according to CBS News.

Reply #4 - May 23, 2017, 06:49 AM

According to the police a suicide bomber was behind the attacks. Despicable waste of air. So many young people were targeted.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/manchester-arena-explosion-suicide-bomber-lone-male-police-killed-terror-single-attack-a7750521.html
     Reply #5 - May 23, 2017, 06:37 PM

Salman Abedi has been named by police as the suspected suicide bomber who killed 22 people and injured 59 at Manchester Arena on Monday night.
    The 22-year-old was Manchester born and from a family of Libyan origin, the BBC understands.
    So far three victims have been named - Saffie Rose Roussos, eight, Georgina Callander and John Atkinson, 28.
    Greater Manchester Police said the priority was to establish whether Abedi had worked alone or not.
    A vigil is being held in front of the town hall in Manchester's Albert Square.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40020168

You've got to be a particularly sick person to look at kids and teenagers in their eyes and decide you're going to blow them up.
     Reply #6 - May 23, 2017, 09:36 PM

The only thing to be thankful for is that these "people" detonate themselves when they do shit like this. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Is anyone else starting to feel afraid when out and about?
     Reply #7 - May 23, 2017, 09:38 PM

They had extra security at my uni today......i.e they had security
     Reply #8 - May 23, 2017, 10:42 PM

The only thing to be thankful for is that these "people" detonate themselves when they do shit like this. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Is anyone else starting to feel afraid when out and about?

It makes me a little wary now that the threat level is at its highest, 'Critical'.
     Reply #9 - May 24, 2017, 04:51 AM

Especially given the government admitting the attacker was known but not detained. It makes me speculate regarding how many more "known" people are out there and wonder what is providing them from being detained.
     Reply #10 - May 24, 2017, 07:28 AM

Guess this is the part where we blame the immigrants and indulge in slogan protests like that Jesuis Charlie crap.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #11 - May 24, 2017, 07:34 AM

Guess this is the part where we blame the immigrants and indulge in slogan protests like that Jesuis Charlie crap.

A mosque was already fire bombed in Manchester.
    You can only blame jihadis amoungst the refugies....and most of the syrias ive seen are pretty happy with UK democracy
     Reply #12 - May 24, 2017, 07:39 AM

Meh.They can blame each other to death for all I care. Both "liberal seculars" and Muslim extremists deserve each other. Let them go kill themselves

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #13 - May 24, 2017, 07:42 AM

Meh.They can blame each other to death for all I care. Both "liberal seculars" and Muslim extremists deserve each other. Let them go kill themselves

"Liberal Seculars" meaning who? And why?
     Reply #14 - May 24, 2017, 08:14 AM

The scum waited till the concert ended and chose to detonate at the exits for maximum carnage.
     Reply #15 - May 24, 2017, 12:30 PM

Especially given the government admitting the attacker was known but not detained.  It makes me speculate regarding how many more "known" people are out there and wonder what is providing them from being detained.

So that is simple question with complicated answer .,  Again the question  is ..

When these  western or any government  knew these jihadi suicide bombers  why were they not detained?...

1).  One answer is.,   does such arrest/detention  step-on civil liberties of an individual??

2). are the governments waiting and monitoring their activities to get those around them??

3).  Are these govt agencies using them as their job security ?  By not arresting them, these unaccountable funding for terror will continue for ever and often the agencies  use these jihadi guys for their   hall of fame and to open private security killer mercenaries

Let us take the example of that 22 year old brainwashed brainless fool

Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi

The Manchester Arena suicide bomber  Salman Abedi had made trips to Libya, Downing Street said last night, as intelligence agencies combed his connections with al-Qaeda and Islamic State in his parents’ homeland.  Salman Abedi, 22, who was reportedly known to the security services, is thought to have returned from Libya as recently as this week.

A school friend told The Times: "He went to Libya three weeks ago and came back recently, like days ago."

Abedi born in Manchester and grew up in tight-knit Libyan community that was known for its strong opposition to Colonel Muammar Gaddafi’s regime.

He had become radicalised recently - it is not entirely clear when - and had worshipped at a local mosque that has, in the past, been accused of fundraising for jihadists.

Abedi’s older brother Ismail had been a tutor at Didsbury mosque’s Koran school. The imam last night said that Salman Abedi, who wore Islamic dress, had shown him “the face of hate” when he gave a talk warning on the dangers of so-called Islamic State.

Born in 1994, the second youngest of four children, Abedi’s parents were Libyan refugees who fled to the UK to escape Gaddafi.

His mother, Samia Tabbal, 50, and father, Ramadan Abedi, a security officer, were both born in Tripoli but appear to have emigrated to London before moving to the Whalley Range area of south Manchester where they had lived for at least a decade.

Abedi went to school locally and then on to Salford University in 2014 where he studied business management before dropping out. His trips to Libya, where it is thought his parents returned in 2011 following Gaddafi’s overthrow, are now subject to scrutiny including links to jihadists.

Among them was Abd al-Baset Azzouz, a father-of-four from Manchester, who left Britain to run a terrorist network in Libya overseen by Ayman al-Zawahiri, Osama bin Laden’s successor as leader of al-Qaeda.

Azzouz, 48, an expert bomb-maker, was accused of running an al-Qaeda network in eastern Libya. The Telegraph reported in 2014 that Azzouz had 200 to 300 militants under his control and was an expert in bomb-making

The imam added: “When he passed by me, we Muslims greet each other and you know he is not happy with me if he doesn’t greet you.”  At the Abedi family home in Elsmore Road, a non-descript red-brick terrace, neighbours told how Abedi had become increasingly devout and withdrawn.

Lina Ahmed, 21, said: “They are a Libyan family and they have been acting strangely. A couple of months ago he [Salman] was chanting the first kalma [Islamic prayer] really loudly in the street. He was chanting in Arabic.

“He was saying ‘There is only one God and the prophet Mohammed is his messenger’.’

A family friend, who described the Abedis as “very religious”, said most of the family had returned to Libya, leaving only Salman and his older brother Ismail behind. ....

All that is from news  and that is all what  we  know on that  that  22 year old brainless fool.   Now question are

1). Is he a candidate for arrest   before he  took lives of 22 kids??

2). does he deserve arrest  before he went into that fucking Jannah of Islam  by killing 22 kids  and giving horrible nightmares and pain to the loved ones of those who were murdered??

3).  On what basis should a government that respects civil liberties, freedom  to support every faith and faith head equally arrest that 22 year old fellow??

Reply #16 - May 24, 2017, 12:55 PM

The victims  of that Brutal terror Attack.....

Georgina Callander (left) with Ariana Grande, and Saffie-Rose Roussos (right) were the first two victims identified in the Manchester attack that killed 22 people. (Instagram/Associated Press)

Kelly Brewster leaves behind her partner and a young child.

Paul Dryhurst, Kelly Brewster's uncle, spoke of her bravery. He told ITV: "Kelly has shielded Hollie and Claire from the damage.

"The three were walking out in single file, with Claire in front, Hollie behind her, and Kelly behind her.

"When the bomb has gone off the impact has broken Claire's jaw and broken Hollie's legs.

"They are both currently in hospital having nuts and bolts removed from all places.

"Claire is having a bolt removed from her face and poor Hollie is having bolts removed all the way up her legs.

WHERE IS ALLAH?? WHERE IS FUCKING GOD??  

Can't this "super duper heeeeee"  could not control that 22 year old brainless baboon
     or rewire his brain not kill himself and kill some 22 children/young men ??    fools  talk, believe and brainwash children with these  ancient medieval  foolish nonsense stories ..

Mock the fools and moveon...

Reply #17 - May 24, 2017, 01:13 PM

John Atkinson, 26, was among the victims of the Manchester attack.   John Atkinson was leaving the Ariana Grande concert when he got caught up in the atrocities.   "A true gentleman. R.I.P John thoughts and prayers with you family and all of the other victims affected by this tragedy." Friends and family have taken to social media to pay tribute to the 26-year-old from Bury, describing him as a "beautiful soul".

15-year-old Olivia Campbell another victim of that brutal tragedy

Martin Hett, 29,  another victim of Manchester terror attack   .. read and watch him  talk  at   http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/24/missing-martyn-hett-made-twitter-fall-love-mum-made-knitting/

Read the profiles of the victims and profiles of these allah/god  hoha dadu following BRAINLESS BRUTAL ROGUES who kill innocent people and die for no good cause

Reply #18 - May 24, 2017, 10:25 PM

I'm sorry we all have to live in a world with scumbags who do stuff like this.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #19 - May 24, 2017, 11:42 PM

Details of the attack have been leaked to the US media, causing irritation from the British police and Home Office....

"The British police have been very clear that they want to control the flow of information in order to protect operational integrity, the element of surprise, so it is irritating if it gets released from other sources,” Rudd told BBC Radio on Wednesday, when asked about U.S. leaks. “I have been very clear with our friends that that should not happen again.”

It is rare for the U.K. government to publicly criticize the U.S. and in such blunt terms. The rebuke raises the risk that key allies could become more reluctant to share vital security information with the world’s superpower.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-24/u-k-chides-u-s-for-leaking-manchester-bombing-probe-details

RIP to all the victims of this atrocity.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #20 - May 25, 2017, 12:25 PM

The crowd in St Ann's Square in Manchester sang 'Don't Look Back in Anger'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d46ov2KYVDY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aywIU23lqKo

I am not sure all those  goody goody talks and imams/preacher lectures will help  brainless faith heads to understand the problems with unquestionable faiths   .. But I can assure   that if everyone  teaches that "Simple  Golden rule "    of one sentence    which  beats the shit out  of all silly scriptures of all religions and their silly stories, that  will help the human society immensely .,  Along with it if we could add one more statement  
    These so-called religious scriptures are nothing to do with that super duper god   but silly story books of their time  

such as that  to preach in their respective mosques, churches..temples  prayer houses whatever .,   it will not take more than 20 years to get rid of these terrible tragedies that human societies go through   day in and day out...

Reply #21 - May 25, 2017, 02:17 PM

^Such a great song.

And this truly is such a senseless tragedy, the complete inversion of what should be natural impulses of human empathy. The deliberate infliction of suffering on so many innocent and unsuspecting families is so very sickening. It's difficult not to stress about the fate of humanity after such occurrences.  Undecided
     Reply #22 - May 25, 2017, 05:27 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-40044261

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKDxKb57Q1Y

Former Jihadist Explains Why Ariana Grande Was Targeted for ISIS Attack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic9ZJokrE0c

Reply #23 - May 26, 2017, 08:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFo_rR90Tr8

Reply #24 - May 26, 2017, 08:51 PM

I was worried someone I know was caught it in, was sleepless until I heard from them. Apparently the bomb was incredibly sophisticated. This isn't something you whip up in the shed.

The parents were asylum seekers from Libya under Gaddafi, and a few years ago went back to be a fighter. The kids were apparently exposed to a network of jihadists. There's a pic of the younger brother with a military gun in combat trousers posted on the dad's facebook, calling him a lion in training.

Read in the news that there were five other attacks prevented since the Parliament nutter about a month back.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #25 - May 26, 2017, 10:44 PM

yeah the parents were refugees. he was born here. he could've been so many things but he chose to bite the hand that feeds him.
     Reply #26 - May 26, 2017, 11:28 PM

It appears that multiple people had reported him for having dangerous and extreme beliefs to the police over the years; members of his family, classmates at college, the imam of his mosque; community workers, and acquaintances. But the MI5 is so underfunded these days that they were not able to do their job and at least keep him under surveillance. I agree with bogart; how many others like him are out there? Security at home is much more important than foreign wars, resources for government intelligence should be the priority.
     Reply #27 - May 26, 2017, 11:45 PM

It makes me a little wary now that the threat level is at its highest, 'Critical'.

They had extra security at my uni today......i.e they had security

There are police everywhere, some soldiers too. They are all armed and while I am grateful that they're around, it's kind of unnerving. ISIS said that they want to go all out for Ramadan, wonder where the sick bastards will try to hit next.
     Reply #28 - May 26, 2017, 11:54 PM

Read in the news that there were five other attacks prevented since the Parliament nutter about a month back.

do we know who they were?
     Reply #29 - May 27, 2017, 11:19 AM

No, they can't release details, I just saw it reported in the news. Though islamic scholar Umar Ahmed Haque, 24, Muhammad Abid, 26, and 18-year-old Abuthaher Mamun were arrested in raids across east London last week for plotting mass murder in central London, if you want something to look up.

yeah the parents were refugees. he was born here. he could've been so many things but he chose to bite the hand that feeds him.

It seems he was raised in an environment that primed him for this courtesy of his dad. To be fair though his dad seemed more interested in fighting in Libya than murdering people in the UK.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »