Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Tommy Robinson is a refor...
Yesterday at 04:21 PM

Why did mohamed pray so m...
Yesterday at 02:48 PM

Freely down loadable Boo...
Yesterday at 11:45 AM

Turkey: evolution theory ...
Yesterday at 01:31 AM

Crazy Canadian School-Boa...
Yesterday at 01:26 AM

MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
June 26, 2017, 11:14 PM

Men are forced into marri...
June 26, 2017, 12:49 PM

Ringside: Quod Sum Eris v...
June 26, 2017, 10:14 AM

Headscarves and Haircuts
June 26, 2017, 08:53 AM

How many of you smoke cig...
June 26, 2017, 02:00 AM

Crime and Punishment
June 25, 2017, 11:12 PM

Some Good Vids
June 25, 2017, 11:05 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Humanism should stay at heart, religions should disappear

(Read 126 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Humanism should stay at heart, religions should disappear
     OP - May 26, 2017, 12:58 AM

I was thinking to write about recent atrocity at Manchester and religious fanatics, but due to personal commitments couldn't mange time. But here I'm now able to manage some time for that. I would like to start by sending my love & condolences to the family & friends who have lost their loved ones. I certainly I can't do anything for people, who have lost their life in the worst barbaric terrorist attack at Manchester. This is heartbreaking and horrific attack on innocent civilians, I can't put enough words to explain my feelings for the people who were at the event venue.so, I hope their lives in the world was worthwhile and I undoubtedly saying we have lost 22 beautiful human beings. Who could make a difference in our lives across the globe. Also, I'm sending my love & good wishes for the people who have been injured in the terror attack. I hope they all will recover promptly and would be able to get back to their normal life. I know that would be difficult. But remember you aren't alone here, we are all United as one in every humanitarian crisis.

In the context of globalisation we are right, but the things which aren't right is global religious fanaticism. This one big problem leads to many other associate problems with it. We are now very unsafe than we ever been before. Even though, we have made huge progress in the human development index but that's just not enough to live a safe life. when your safety isn't ensured then nothing you can do for you or others.It's really sad that our safety always been threatened by very few facts. And they are religious fanaticism & the people who patronising these evil ideas. We have fanaticism in every single religion in our world.But surely Islamic extremists are at the rise in recent times. Islam has its controversy since the brith of Islam, so do Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism and other religions.But I also completely agree that these religious fanatics are insignificant number, majority of the religious people are normal and get on a normal life.so, why do I think religions are bad to have for true global peace?
    Now, I have to take assistance from the human history of religious war or so called holy wars:

Christianity:

In early Christianity, St. Augustine's concept of just war (bellum iustum) was widely accepted, but warfare was not regarded as a virtuous activity[25][26] and expressions of concern for the salvation of those who killed enemies in battle, regardless of the cause for which they fought, was common.[25] According to historian Edward Peters, before the 11th century Christians had not developed a concept of "Holy War" (bellum sacrum), whereby fighting itself might be considered a penitential and spiritually meritorious act.[25][27] During the 9th and 10th centuries, multiple invasions occurred which lead some regions to make their own armies to defend themselves and this slowly lead to the emergence of the Crusades, the concept of "holy war", and terminology such as "enemies of God" in the 11th century.[25][27]

During the time of the Crusades, some of those who fought in the name of God were recognized as the Milites Christi, soldiers or knights of Christ.[28] The Crusades were a series of military campaigns that took place during the 11th through 13th centuries against the Muslim Conquests. Originally, the goal was to recapture Jerusalem and the Holy Land from the Muslims, and support the besieged Christian Byzantine Empire against the Muslim Seljuq expansion into Asia Minor and Europe proper. Later, Crusades were launched against other targets, either for religious reasons, such as the Albigensian Crusade, the Northern Crusades, or because of political conflict, such as the Aragonese Crusade. In 1095, at the Council of Clermont, Pope Urban II raised the level of war from bellum iustum ("just war"), to bellum sacrum ("holy war").[29] In 16th Century France there was a succession of wars between Roman Catholics and Protestants (Hugenots primarily), known as the French Wars of Religion. In the first half of the 17th century, the German states, Scandinavia (Sweden, primarily) and Poland were beset by religious warfare in the Thirty Years War. Roman Catholicism and Protestantism figured in the opposing sides of this conflict, though Catholic France did take the side of the Protestants but purely for political reasons.

The Battle of Las Navas de Tolosa, known in Arab history as the Battle of Al-Uqab (معركة العقاب), took place on 16 July 1212 and was an important turning point in the Reconquista and in the medieval history of Spain.[30] The forces of King Alfonso VIII of Castile were joined by the armies of his Christian rivals, Sancho VII of Navarre, Pedro II of Aragon and Afonso II of Portugal in battle[31] against the Berber Muslim Almohad conquerors of the southern half of the Iberian Peninsula.

Islam:

The Muslim conquests were a military expansion on an unprecedented scale, beginning in the lifetime of Muhammad and spanning the centuries, down to the Ottoman wars in Europe. Until the 13th century, the Muslim conquests were those of a more or less coherent empire, the Caliphate, but after the Mongol invasions, expansion continued on all fronts (other than Iberia which was lost in the Reconquista) for another half millennium until the final collapse of the Mughal Empire in the east and the Ottoman Empire in the west with the onset of the modern period.

There were also a number of periods of infighting among Muslims; these are known by the term Fitna and mostly concern the early period of Islam, from the 7th to 11th centuries, i.e. before the collapse of the Caliphate and the emergence of the various later Islamic empires.

While technically, the millennium of Muslim conquests could be classified as "religious war", the applicability of the term has been questioned. The reason is that the very notion of a "religious war" as opposed to a "secular war" is the result of the Western concept of the separation of Church and State. No such division has ever existed in the Islamic world, and consequently there cannot be a real division between wars that are "religious" from such that are "non-religious". Islam does not have any normative tradition of pacifism, and warfare has been integral part of Islamic history both for the defense and the spread of the faith since the time of Muhammad. This was formalised in the juristic definition of war in Islam, which continues to hold normative power in contemporary Islam, inextricably linking political and religious justification of war.[32] This normative concept is known as Jihad, an Arabic word with the meaning "to strive; to struggle" (viz. "in the way of God"), which includes the aspect of struggle "by the sword",[citation needed]

The first forms of military Jihad occurred after the migration (hijra) of Muhammad and his small group of followers to Medina from Mecca and the conversion of several inhabitants of the city to Islam. The first revelation concerning the struggle against the Meccans was surah 22, verses 39-40:[33]

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged;- and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid. (They are) those who have been expelled from their homes in defiance of right,- (for no cause) except that they say, "our Lord is Allah". Did not Allah check one set of people by means of another, there would surely have been pulled down monasteries, churches, synagogues, and mosques, in which the name of Allah is commemorated in abundant measure. Allah will certainly aid those who aid his (cause);- for verily Allah is full of Strength, Exalted in Might, (able to enforce His Will).

— Abdullah Yusuf Ali
    This happened many times throughout history, beginning with Muhammad's battles against the polytheist Arabs including the Battle of Badr (624), and battles in Uhud (625), Khandaq (627), Mecca (630) and Hunayn (630).

Judaism:

In the Jewish religion, the expression Milkhemet Mitzvah (Hebrew: מלחמת מצווה, "commandment war") refers to a war that is obligatory for all Jews (men and women). Such wars were limited to territory within the borders of the land of Israel.[citation needed] The geographical limits of Israel and conflicts with surrounding nations are detailed in the Tanakh, the Hebrew Bible, especially in Numbers 34:1-15 and Ezekiel 47:13-20. The concept of a religious war was absent in Jewish thought for approximately 2000 years, though it reemerged in some factions of the Zionist movement, particularly Revisionist Zionism.[34] "From the earliest days of Israel's existence as a people, holy war was a sacred institution, undertaken as a cultic act of a religious community.[35]

According to Reuven Firestone, ""Holy War" is a Western concept referring to war that is fought for religion, against adherents of other religions, often in order to promote religion through conversion, and with no specific geographic limitation. This concept does not occur in the Hebrew Bible, whose wars are not fought for religion or in order to promote it but, rather, in order to preserve religion and a religiously unique people in relation to a specific and limited geography."[36].

The short list of casualties due to religions & its fanaticism:

The Crusades: 6,000,000
    Thirty Years War: 11,500,000
    French Wars of Religion: 4,000,000
    Second Sudanese Civil War: 2,000,000
    Lebanese Civil War: 250,000
    Muslim Conquests of India: 80,000,000
    Congolese Genocide (King Leopold II): 13,000,000
    Armenian Genocide: 1,500,000
    Rwandan Genocide: 800,000
    Eighty Years' War: 1,000,000
    Nigerian Civil War: 1,000,000
    Great Peasants' Revolt: 250,000
    First Sudanese Civil War: 1,000,000
    Jewish Diaspora (Not Including the Holocaust): 1,000,000
    The Holocaust (Jewish and Homosexual Deaths): 6,500,000
    Islamic Terrorism Since 2000: 150,000
    Iraq War: 500,000
    US Western Expansion (Justified by "Manifest Destiny"):20,000,000
    Atlantic Slave Trade (Justified by Christianity): 14,000,000
    Aztec Human Sacrifice: 80,000
    AIDS deaths in Africa largely due to opposition to condoms: 30,000,000
    Spanish Inquisition: 5,000
    TOTAL: 195,035,000 deaths in the name of religion.

If anyone has the patience to read such a long Facebook status, I hope you would be able understand how difficult for us to be religious but at the same time not to be bigot. All the fundamental religious people supporting their affiliated religious bigotry one or other way around. And there are religious doctrines that if you aren't fundamentally religious then you aren't religious at all. Every religion says you have to believe religious doctrine fundamentally and that's what their so called gods want. I'm tired, so many or I can say millions are fed up with discriminatory religious doctrines which fuel in the course of religious conflicts & wars. People see religions are baseless & failed to bring evidences to establish their peaceful presence. Religions are all about belief in unseen but which is established by fear-mongering approach towards general people. I personally believe, religions are invented to bring social systems under certain control and to make it effective they brought forward religious doctrines. Which injected into society with precise measurements & was well planned to some extent well placed too. Which took away human ability to think beyond religious doctrines for such a long time, therefore people are scared to leave those religions and religious doctrines, and people also confused due to lack of proper evidences.

Since we have religions as a way of life for the  billions of people and its very normal to have few religious fanatics if not majority, as long as we have religious fanatics, there will always be risk of religious atrocities. Therefore our safety always be threatened by unexpected attacks. May humanism & secularism live long.

No religion no war, No religious justification no discrimination.Free thinking & humanism is the way forward for global peace establishment.One law for all human being.
  • Humanism should stay at heart, religions should disappear
     Reply #1 - May 26, 2017, 03:19 AM

holy wars:

Christianity:

Islam:

Judaism:

The short list of casualties due to religions & its fanaticism:

The Crusades: 6,000,000
    Thirty Years War: 11,500,000
    French Wars of Religion: 4,000,000
    Second Sudanese Civil War: 2,000,000
    Lebanese Civil War: 250,000
    Muslim Conquests of India: 80,000,000
    Congolese Genocide (King Leopold II): 13,000,000
    Armenian Genocide: 1,500,000
    Rwandan Genocide: 800,000
    Eighty Years' War: 1,000,000
    Nigerian Civil War: 1,000,000
    Great Peasants' Revolt: 250,000
    First Sudanese Civil War: 1,000,000
    Jewish Diaspora (Not Including the Holocaust): 1,000,000
    The Holocaust (Jewish and Homosexual Deaths): 6,500,000
    Islamic Terrorism Since 2000: 150,000
    Iraq War: 500,000
    US Western Expansion (Justified by "Manifest Destiny"):20,000,000
    Atlantic Slave Trade (Justified by Christianity): 14,000,000
    Aztec Human Sacrifice: 80,000
    AIDS deaths in Africa largely due to opposition to condoms: 30,000,000
    Spanish Inquisition: 5,000
    TOTAL: 195,035,000 deaths in the name of religion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8a3zLf0QBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW21P0BwnxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ6e1ca8tiw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxYP0PRXDWA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5EDwTluWIk

Do not let silence become your legacy  
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »