Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Tommy Robinson is a reformed character, honest

(Read 47618 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Tommy Robinson is a reformed character, honest
     Reply #120 - August 08, 2018, 11:32 AM

TR’s prison complaints: https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/fash-thinking-tommy-robinson-arrest-is-about-free-speech.358839/page-71

What’s the gist of the discussion? I don’t feel like watching a three hour youtube video.

I'm more interested in the ruling of his appeal judges.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #121 - August 09, 2018, 08:44 PM

Did you see the vid where he went to a march supporting Tommy and found out he had a number of them as fans?

is that the one where he went with Imtiaz shams to the trump rally? he has attracted a few right wingers as fans, dont think he desired this
     Reply #122 - August 12, 2018, 01:02 AM

I don't think he did either. I did think it was interesting, though.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #123 - September 01, 2018, 08:06 PM

Thread on getting into debates: https://mobile.twitter.com/vornietom/status/1035325313008320513
    Debate isn't a fair and reasoned discussion, it's an extremely effective recruitment tool.

You don't have to debate them. Nobody does.

Reply #124 - September 17, 2018, 03:21 PM

To all you POC who were convinced that his hatred was only for Islam and not directed at you, I don't know what move evidence you will need than this. Can we finally stop being apologists for the guy?

Reply #125 - October 04, 2018, 10:48 AM

I have heard an ex Muslim defend Tommy Robinson, saying he is only trying to show everyone that there is a lot of extremism amongst Muslims. I can't ever defend this guy. He created the EDL
     Reply #126 - October 04, 2018, 10:48 AM

http://pakistanitalkshow.com
     Reply #127 - October 04, 2018, 10:50 AM

today trump is trend in <a href="http://pakistanitalkshow.com"a>pakistani talk shows</a>   such as live with dr shahid masood
    http://pakistanitalkshow.com/category/live-with-dr-shahid-masood/
     Reply #128 - August 04, 2019, 11:37 PM

This was a very informative thread.  I haven't been to this forum in some time, but I came here to learn a bit about Tommy Robinson.

Someone had posted a link to a Guardian article about Robinson, and claimed he had "cult-like, violent, extremist views." While I felt like I had perhaps heard the name before, I didn't know anything about him. (I am an American).  I read the Guardian article, and, again, this article being my only source of information about the man, I did not see sufficient evidence there to conclude that what the poster was saying was accurate.

This particular Guardian article was extremely poorly written.  It was about the "network" behind Robinson.  It mentioned some groups that ahd supported Robinson financially.

In the article, I only learned a few things about Robinson.  Those were:  1. That he had recorded and "covered" the trials of the Pakistani gangs from the grooming scandal.  2.  That he was critical of Islam.  3.  Some quotes he had been recorded saying which sounded problematic but were cited without any context and potentially could have sounded less bad , although still rhetoric I wouldn't use.

They also mentioned the views of the organizations that supported him, which they characterized as conservative. They didn't strike me as especially troubling. For example, one organization was quoted as saying they were "pro-islam in the sense that they wanted to promote versions of islam that lead to better lives and less opression for muslims, who were the primary targets of oppression from radical islam, that they were anti-radical islam, pro-moderate Islam."   

This hardly struck me as being proof of some racist hate group, and I wondered if perhaps this was a case where the Guardian and the poster were playing the role of liberal western Islamic apologist which you're all familiar with. 

I said to the poster it was quite possible that he was correct to characterize Robinson in this way because he was aware of additional things about the man that I was not.

Oddly enough, the poster could only offer similar arguments as the article.  He claimed the rape trials were just an ordinary incident of rape that happened to be committed by Pakistanis, and paying any attention to the trial was simply a means of demonizing Pakistanis and distracting people from the economic policies that were harming the middle and lower classes and using "Arabics" as a scapegoat. Furthermore, he said that anyone covering the trials was effectively serving the interests of said elites by distracting people with an unimportant issue from what they should really be focused on.

At this point I realized the poster didn't know anything about these incidents or the trials, and my suspicions were furthered that he was a kneejerk liberal apologist.

We continued talking, he was quite all over the place and I responded to specific statements he made. (For example that Pakistanis weren't "Arabics").  At any rate, after I was finished, I encouraged him to look up some of the ex-muslim groups, pointing out these were voices he wasn't hearing. I also said that coming to an ex-muslim forum, I would quickly be able to learn the truth about Robinson;  whether he was indeed a virulent racist, merely an critic of Islam, or something in between.

After reading through this first few comments, I posted to him that it was clear Robinson was every bit what he had characterized him as. I also pointed out that rather then trying to justify this by his arguments about paying attention to/covering the trial was proof enough, there was a lot of relevant information he could have used to justify his position, such as that Robinson was the founder of the English Defense League.  After reading that, I remembered I had actually heard of Robinson before in connection with the EDL and anti-immigrant policies, although it was a long time ago and it wasn't much (plus it's been a crazy weekend, didn't get any sleep since thursday.)

Anyway, I wanted to apologize for not coming visiting this forum for so long. I found it an excellent and interesting source of conversation, one of the rare places where I would see people disagree in good faith without things degenerating into flame wars.

I also realize things have almost certainly become more difficult for ex-muslims, as the global rise of the populist/nativist right in the wake of Trump's election has exacerbated all the previously existed problems, and sometimes it must feel like you are surrounded by fanatical enemies on all sides, all of which position themselves with you in the crosshairs as members of the enemy tribe they want to destroy.

(My apologies if I'm "triggering" anyone or reminding people of how negative things have gotten, but this obviously isn't news to you)

I realized I could have learned about Robinson by googling, but I expressed the point that the information in the article alone did not sufficiently support the person's claims. 
     Reply #129 - December 04, 2019, 02:15 PM

vox pop: https://mobile.twitter.com/jessicaaapeters/status/1202208881000271874
     Reply #130 - December 06, 2019, 07:50 PM

interesting video at that link

https://twitter.com/i/status/1202193570188402688

that young lady in the above video  says about that fool.,    HE IS RACIST,  HE  IS CUNT
    well lots of people , specially Muslim folks are praising her for her use of that word.,, So let me give this  to the readers

Frankly, I like my dick and I think that cunts are pretty great too. The same goes for dickheads and pussies. I suppose the latter could be a reference to cats, but… well, I like cats too. All these references to the human genitals should be dropped, as they do not need to be disparaged. There is nothing wrong with them, and it’s only our religious cultural parasites that have taken a ride on our language and turned these best parts of human anatomy into words we use to try to hurt each other. Every time we do this, it’s like offering praise to Saint Augustine. Just think of it that way next time. Or to put it another way, if you were given a choice to lose a leg or your genitals which would be more important to you? I suspect that there would not be as many eunuchs out there as one legged men.

I suppose you can still call someone an asshole, as that is a “dirty” part of the human anatomy (at least if you’re not wiping properly), although it is a pretty useful part of the body (think about life without one). The only totally worthless bit on a human (at least the best known one) is the appendix. But I know that calling someone an “appendix” just doesn’t give us the satisfaction of calling them a “twat”. Hopefully, that will change someday. (Reminds me of the time in high school when a friend of mine called a pretty girl who had rejected him a “real twat.” My other friend got a very strange look on his face as he said “there are artificial ones?” Of course, this was in the days before “flesh-lights” and “pocket pussies.”)

But really, can we get over the hang-ups about our bodies? The flesh is not corrupt, and our genitals are not the pathway to perdition and hellfire. Using these terms as insults perpetuates the religious view of our bodies as sinful and worthy of denigration. And besides, having an asshole is eminently better than being without one.

Although “tits” used to be considered a profanity, it’s not really an insult. (I always liked George Carlin’s take on the word “tits,” it just sounds too cute to be rude.) And calling someone a “booby” has a lot of other lexical baggage, so I think we can consider it safe for use.

How About Bodily Waste?

Well this one has been around for a long time, and shit and piss are pretty universally viewed as being repellant, whatever their redeeming features as fertilizer. And farts are probably ok too (even if to many men, for some very odd reason, they remain ever humorous…). So these are ok, and their continued use does not promote any particular religious view, prejudice or doctrine. And of course igniting your farts on YouTube almost guarantees you at least 100,000 views, more if you’re female.

and that is from  an article written by this guy  Dean Van Drasek 

read more of him by clicking the ink

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #131 - December 06, 2019, 10:44 PM

well lots of people , specially Muslim folks are praising her for her use of that word.,,

intoxicated, uncovered and unchaperoned - what kind of sincere muslim would praise such a woman? 

'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' explains muslim support for her. it also explains ex-muslims seeking the benefit of the doubt for 'tommy'.

Reply #132 - December 17, 2020, 08:30 AM

Banned from football matches: https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2020/12/oh-tommy-tommy-yer-barred.html
     Reply #133 - April 23, 2021, 09:27 PM

Sources of funding: https://mobile.twitter.com/jane__bradley/status/1385606700850454531
     Reply #134 - April 23, 2021, 11:17 PM

national hero and free speech campaigner on behalf of muslim parents against child indoctrination by the trans lobby? yep.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IH5vARRCyDI
     Reply #135 - April 23, 2021, 11:53 PM

I remember 'Sargon of Akkad' aka Carl Benjamin (in the above video with the beard) interviewing one of the spokesmen of the Birmingham protest. Katie Hopkins did one too.
     Reply #136 - April 24, 2021, 03:00 AM

It doesn't really surprise me that the Kremlin are welcoming Tommy Robinson and his ilk. People like him see Russia and Assad's Syria as the vanguard against radical Islam. And not just Islam but the liberal West which they accuse of being in cahoots with.
     Reply #137 - July 22, 2021, 02:49 PM

Tommy Robinson loses his libel case: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Hijazi-v-Yaxley-Lennon-summary-220721.pdf
     Reply #138 - August 18, 2021, 01:40 AM

I remember 'Sargon of Akkad' aka Carl Benjamin (in the above video with the beard) interviewing one of the spokesmen of the Birmingham protest. Katie Hopkins did one too.

I saw that. They don't actually show children all confused and fucked up  I mean I can believe what they're saying. I was a child myself once, and have known children since I became am adult. It sounds perfectly reasonable to me that what they are saying is true, comboing children's nativity with how easily  led they are, but it would be ineresting to see some actual examples if they want to be taken at face value.

Reply #139 - August 29, 2021, 09:01 PM

I saw that. They don't actually show children all confused and fucked up  I mean I can believe what they're saying. I was a child myself once, and have known children since I became am adult. It sounds perfectly reasonable to me that what they are saying is true, comboing children's nativity with how easily  led they are, but it would be ineresting to see some actual examples if they want to be taken at face value.

A lot of lies were spread during the protests by Muslim '' parents'' (who many turn out to not have kids at the Birmingham schools they're protesting against, including the lead spokesman Shakeel Afsar) where it was claimed by an Imam who came all the way from Batley that one of the schools had a paedophile and anal sex agenda. That's beyond just pausing for thought over childrens books about trans-relationships. I'm no 'liberal relativist'. I can look at the twerking clip above and say that is inappropriate but I also don't need the lies.
     Reply #140 - September 27, 2021, 02:25 AM

I can believe that, however I've also looked into reports from a number of parents and medical professionals (pretty much all exclusivly catalogued by women's rights groups, detransitiones and families of trans people) that show a multitude of concerns.

Reply #141 - September 29, 2021, 10:01 AM

concerns? are you anti trans now? any criticism is obviously a hate crime these days.
     Reply #142 - October 08, 2021, 01:50 AM

Well, a while ago I did contribute to a pro free speech thread, only to have my posts at a certain point in the beginning snapped off and turned into this shit. https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=31589.0

Reply #143 - October 08, 2021, 01:58 AM

Found the original thread. https://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=25236.0

Reply #144 - October 08, 2021, 09:16 AM

I was in the concerned camp myself previously but thinking it through, I've decided to support the principle that indoctrinating children is acceptable with no caveats.

so if an islamic school wants to teach kids to rock back and forth on the floor while cosplaying as arabs then that's fine. and if a right-on comprehensive wants teach gender fluidity through the medium of twerking in a mini skirt, then that is also fine.

while I choose to accept the above, there's still an inner voice which disapproves of this brainwashing but then another voice points out everything is meaningless so why not enjoy the ride.

• Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »