Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Tommy Robinson is a reformed character, honest

(Read 47613 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Tommy Robinson is a reformed character, honest
     Reply #90 - July 01, 2017, 12:03 PM

Not been banned .... yet (sorry Toor)!   Just keeping my head down for a while.   Travelling for the next few days for 4th July celebrations upstate New York.   I know USA is not top of the tops on CEMB either but picture small upstate NY towns (villages really) who put up flags, hold marches with local high school bands and have flags every 10 feet for a mile or so topped off with fireworks.  A love fest for America.

Small town America - very patriotic, quite nice people too, believe it or not -  but not very multi-cultural or understanding of people not like themselves.   My conceit is I'm not as narrow (I hope) and I look forward to more stimulating exchanges on CEMB.

Happy July 4th!

Reply #91 - July 01, 2017, 12:04 PM

Like I said, a working sense of shame.
     Reply #92 - July 01, 2017, 04:16 PM

Not been banned .... yet (sorry Toor)!   Just keeping my head down for a while.   ........ and I look forward to more stimulating exchanges on CEMB.

Happy July 4th!

i like the pictures of SCYL that you posting dear unifier

that is good one..  what ? are you trying insult the SCYL  by posting such pictures??

Oh! this is good one.. good news..good news..

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-40461626/danish-muslim-politician-confronts-senders-of-hate-mail

good going ..Dialogue is important .. without talking ..without dialogue  hate build within and goes in a unchanneled direction ..

anyways I am glad that you are still  reading and writing in to  CEMB dear  Unifier

with best
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #93 - July 05, 2017, 12:20 PM

Bit surprised no one has posted the video of what the thread is originally about.

First vid from Rebel Edge, second from Quilliam.

Tommy goes to Quilliam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFkCzwW3n3Q

Tommy and Quilliam head Haras Rafiq on Daily Politics with Andrew Neil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA0CugvXFYA

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #94 - July 05, 2017, 12:51 PM

Bit surprised no one has posted the video of what the thread is originally about.

First vid from Rebel Edge, second from Quilliam.  

you got a point there dear QSE..  well it is vital to tell the facts and truth and  and to have dialogue irrespective persons & personalities

Tommy goes to Quilliam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFkCzwW3n3Q

Tommy and Quilliam head Haras Rafiq on Daily Politics with Andrew Neil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA0CugvXFYA

I am watching the 2nd one carefully.,  I will watch again

thanks for those videos and add more  of such tubes..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #95 - July 05, 2017, 11:31 PM

It should go without saying, but I'll say it that what you experienced is inexcusable and contemptible.   It should not happen and I condemn it and hope it gets punished every time.

I've probably watched 5 or 6 hours of Robinson on various you tubes over the last year or so.  So my knowledge is limited (I live in the US).  But in those videos he has said more than once that most Muslim people are decent and nice people.   It is Islam he opposes.   He is hated and frequently threatened by the hard core skinhead racists who joined the EDL.    But .. again I think he is a hothead and there are better avenues to try to solve the problems of extremism.

One thing that promotes the kind of violent intolerance you experienced first hand, is when the authorities:  politicians, media and criminal justice system are perceived as excusing extremism and operating in a biased manner.   The gross mishandling of immigration quotas, the inaction of police in Rochdale and elsewhere and the failure to act on things like female genital mutilation - all give the impression that people will have to solve the problem for themselves because their leaders seem clueless or biased.   The less educated members of the white indigenous English population (and American) will then take the law into their own hands in stupid and inexcusable ways.   In the US most working class whites probably couldn't tell the difference between an Indian Hindu and a Moslem.   Hindus have been attacked by yahoos and it makes me cringe.     But one answer to reduce the number of such incidents is for the legally constituted authorities to do their job.   Other answers would include more contact, communication and education. 

And it hurts me that I'm often not seen as part of that white population, despite having a white mother. That's what some people misunderstand about mixed race people, we can belong in more than one place, more than one community, but it's up to them to accept us, and sometimes they don't want to. Too foreign for the whites, too white for the Arabs at times.

My point is he knew who the EDL would attract. He knew it would attract skinheads and neo nazis. He's just trying to pretend he doesn't know. He is one of them, he is a white supremacist too. Nothing can convince me otherwise.
     Reply #96 - July 05, 2017, 11:40 PM

Yes, you are exactly right. White society or culture traditionally will not accept mixed races. Sick but true.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #97 - July 06, 2017, 09:34 AM

Yes, you are exactly right. White society or culture traditionally will not accept mixed races. Sick but true.

So it makes no sense when they tell other people to integrate, when they don't even bother making people feel welcome. Like I'll look back at my hometown, yeh I have friends and family there, but it was very clear to me that there were many people who didn't want people like me living there. I was born there, but felt unwelcome.

Then I come to a city and suddenly a lot of people think I'm fully white until they find out what my name is. But I still can't shake the outsider feeling sometimes, just because I was one for so long.
     Reply #98 - July 06, 2017, 11:06 AM

I was treated like a foreigner, for about seventeen years, and it was mostly okay. I take off the hijab and people who didn't know me before think that I am sympathetic to their prejudices. It's shocking. I hate to think what it would be like if I were in an area known for racism.

Reply #99 - July 06, 2017, 02:16 PM

I have a question after making couple of statements.   I think that racism is probably the most pervasive long term problem of the human race.   The notion that I belong to this group, and anyone not a member of it poses a threat to me and mine goes back an awfully long way.  At least to when mankind was a hunter gatherer.   And of course .... in our shared mythology in the first human family Cain killed his brother Abel - so animosity goes even deeper in the human soul.

My simple question:  Is racism today a uniquely white phenomenon, or it is universal?

Reply #100 - July 06, 2017, 11:56 PM

As far as white is commonly used, no, Europeans and their descent have not a monopoly. But rarely have I heard of darker skinned folk being racist towards lighter skinned folk, it is always the opposite, it seems. Usually what is encountered in cultural studies are the lighter skinned oppressing the darker.
    In Asia, certainly, it occurs. Look at the caste systems in so many countries. 
    Perhaps others will chime in if they know of anything to the contrary.

Reply #101 - July 07, 2017, 01:40 AM

As far as white is commonly used, no, Europeans and their descent have not a monopoly. But rarely have I heard of darker skinned folk being racist towards lighter skinned folk, it is always the opposite, it seems.  

and that is because the word racism started with interpreting religious rubbish from religious books especially bible during middle ages,   The ideological basis for explicit racism came  in to the West during the modern period,  started some time in 16th century. Funny Thing as usual  Jewish folks  were the first victims of racism before  African Blackies  and Asian brownies  Cheesy

But we must   realize  the fact  that no clear  l evidence of racism has been found in other cultures or in Europe before the Middle Ages although there were plenty of  persecutions  and   tribal warfares and tribe genocides all over the globe. So this  racism is  just 4 or 500 year old ..

humanzoos  good place to learn  

Reply #102 - July 07, 2017, 12:55 PM

So what  is this?  what is going on?  one folder is NOT enough in CEMB  for Tommy  the English defense  LANGUAGE (EDL)  Bulldog??  there is something wrong with these boys and girls..

there is something seriously wrong with you guys   and who is the first one started  discussing about that Tom Boy  in this intro folder of SubbyX - My story??

Reply #103 - July 17, 2017, 03:26 PM

uni-bomber says

Quod ... are you a hopeless egoist?

unifier dear unifier ..  you are picking on a wrong guy..
     my qualified comments on Mr Robinson.

yes.. yes... Mr.Robinson..  the leader

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/revealed-full-tape-tommy-robinson-10686928     is that today's news ?  well let us watch the video of  Mr.  Robinson.. The leader

CEMB had called me a racist ...It tends to be the ladies who hit the nuclear button most quickly.

who called you racist dear uniFrier ?   bad ..bad people..

Hmm Women..  yes Ladies... Now they should call you sexist .,

if they use that word for you,  would that be wrong dear unifier??

Problems and problems.. they multiply with time dear unifire ..  any way let me  read that UK-mirror and watch the video ..

Reply #104 - July 17, 2017, 05:30 PM

So what  is this?  what is going on?  one folder is NOT enough in CEMB  for Tommy  the English defense  LANGUAGE (EDL)  Bulldog??  there is something wrong with these boys and girls..

I'd like to explain but I have to return some videotapes.
     Reply #105 - July 18, 2017, 06:45 AM

Ward_End comes to us courtesy of a decade plus years ago. Cheesy

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #106 - September 15, 2017, 06:04 AM

Hi Quod,

I had read and responded to all of your earlier posts where we were exchanging views.   I cut and pasted this passage from one of your earlier posts:

It is the doctrine I regard as toxic and dangerous,

If I can do a bit of cutting and pasting from that thread you quoted me from:

It is, as all ideologies and philosophies are, in the eye of the beholder. Muslims find ways to come to terms with the shit in the quran and hadiths in exactly the same way christians and jews do with the bible.

Take a trip to the middle east or Africa and you'll find christians as militant as any islamist.

For every vile sura or hadith you can show me I can show you one of peace and love.

maybe we can talk about why jews aren't doing what the OT commands as they have no NT.

I really don't understand why someone from a christian background, especially one in America who lives with some very twisted people, justifying their perversions through the exact same book you have, is struggling with the idea that islam isn't a concern, and certainly not something to rally against, but that specific extreme discriminatory interpretations of islam are.

If the Amalekites were still around, do you think a section of christians would attempt to follow the god of the bible's commands for the genocide of these people? What about the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites? Would some christians seek to exterminate them all, as the lord your god has commanded?

Reply #107 - September 16, 2017, 06:19 PM

Philip Jenkins Professor of Religious History at Baylor U has addressed this exact question QSE.  And the answer is yes.   He provides at least 2 examples of later Christian warlike preaching using the Amalekite example.   One of the Popes preaching to crusaders soon to depart described the Muslims occupying Jerusalem as Amalekites.    A more recent case occurred in Africa.  The Rwandan genocide saw Hutu Christian preachers describe the Tutsi and Amalekites.

Had we had our debate I was going to argue that Islamic scriptures advocating violence toward non believers are open ended while those in the OT are specific to certain peoples, places and times.   But these examples undermine my argument.

Reply #108 - September 19, 2017, 04:04 AM

I could put you in touch (or at least ask to contact you, no guarantees they would), muslims who would say with absolute sincerity that certain quranic verses, such as the famous "they are like cattle, death dumb and blind" verse, are for a specific people at a specific place at a specific time. So why exactly should I take the word of a man who's fellow christians sprout random verses from the bible to argue against policies today, that quranic verses are for all time, when actual believers say the opposite? If you want to say the muslims who argue this are misinformed, or reading it wrong, why don't you say the same to the shitload of christians who do the exact same thing? Why is it that, in your view, christians can look at their texts and say they no longer apply, but muslims can't?

Reply #109 - September 19, 2017, 04:24 AM

If the Amalekites were still around, do you think a section of christians would attempt to follow the god of the bible's commands for the genocide of these people? What about the Amorites, the Canaanites and the Perizzites, the Hivites and the Jebusites? Would some christians seek to exterminate them all, as the lord your god has commanded?

Yes. Go watch William Lane Craig talk about OT events. If God commanded him to smash children's heads on rocks he would do it as nothing God commands is immoral, it is a logical impossibility. He does not see the events as evidence of a false or evil God, of men creating a rational ad hoc. In his mind those that deserved to be killed were killed. Add in spiritual innocence existing until OT dictate adulthood even children killed is not an immoral act as they are with God in his mind. Look up his arguments for Divine Command theory.

Kill them all! God will know his own!
     Reply #110 - September 19, 2017, 05:08 AM

Does the children thing even apply with protestants? I think with roman catholics it does, until the children are seven. But with protestants, I think it depends on the sect.

Reply #111 - September 19, 2017, 06:21 AM

Does the children thing even apply with protestants?

Yes. Hence why heavily practicing parents indoctrination their children from birth. It is part of their religious responsibility. They must set the ground work for a child's choice. If a parent does nothing to educate children in "God's Religion" they are ignoring basic tenants and are at fault.

I think with roman catholics it does, until the children are seven. But with protestants, I think it depends on the sect.

It really comes down to liberal vs orthodox. However liberal views have little support in scripture.
     Reply #112 - September 19, 2017, 07:22 AM

I know. I've even had christians claim to me that normal child behaviour is evidence of original sin, which they must purge. That's true with a lot of sects. They call it something else, but it's the same shit/ Like musims who insist islam doesn't have original sin. Sure it doesn't, it's just that in christinity you're born into it, and in islam you're hanging on by your fingernails, and sin is below you as a bouncy castle made of chocolate and ice-cream and everything you've ever wanted, and you really want to let go, but allah will be pissed if you do, and blah blah blah.

Reply #113 - September 19, 2017, 03:53 PM

I could put you in touch (or at least ask to contact you, no guarantees they would), muslims who would say with absolute sincerity that certain quranic verses, such as the famous "they are like cattle, death dumb and blind" verse, are for a specific people at a specific place at a specific time. So why exactly should I take the word of a man who's fellow christians sprout random verses from the bible to argue against policies today, that quranic verses are for all time, when actual believers say the opposite? If you want to say the muslims who argue this are misinformed, or reading it wrong, why don't you say the same to the shitload of christians who do the exact same thing? Why is it that, in your view, christians can look at their texts and say they no longer apply, but muslims can't?

I have previously stated that I am not a conventional Christian so why do you keep herding me in that direction QSE?   Think of me like Hassan, but from a Christian background.   I am happy to entertain skepticism about or criticism of Christian (and Jewish) acts, texts and practice for the sake of factual discovery and truth.    Christians are not my benchmark community for standards of perfection, and I have never made any such claim - so don't paint me in that corner.   In fact someone like Moeen Ali or Yusuf Islam seem to me to be exemplars of goodness, and to be religious in the best sense.

But to go back to your initial point of knowing believing Muslims who would argue that Koranic and Hadithic texts are peculiar to a time and place I think there is a literal / textual issue here.   Muslims may decide that's how to interpret their sacred texts but it is not what is actually written - its open ended.   The Bible text cites time, place and action explicitly.   Does this imply or am I intending to convey that all Muslims are violent and Christians are peaceful - no of course, so no silly responses please.

Reply #114 - September 21, 2017, 03:20 AM

I purposely didn't state that I in any way believe you yourself hold such views, as I have no idea if you do or not. All I'm reading from you is "christians can do it but muslims can't", with no attempt to back these claims up.

Reply #115 - September 21, 2017, 08:59 AM

I know. I've even had Christians claim to me that normal child behavior is evidence of original sin, which they must purge. That's true with a lot of sects. They call it something else, but it's the same shit/ Like musims who insist Islam doesn't have original sin. Sure it doesn't, it's just that in Christianity you're born into it, and in Islam you're hanging on by your fingernails,
    and sin is below you as a bouncy castle made of chocolate and ice-cream and everything you've ever wanted, and you really want to let go, but allah will be pissed if you do, and blah blah blah.

Cheesy Cheesy    "Bouncing Sin"   that is a good one on that forbidden fruit  QSE

That word "Sin" is used in so many different verses under different circumstances in bible as well as Quran ., it actually looses its meaning  for a fellow who uses common sense..

And (remember) when We said: "Enter this town (Jerusalem) and eat bountifully therein with pleasure and delight wherever you wish, and enter the gate in prostration (or bowing with humility) and say: 'Forgive us,' and We shall forgive you your sins and shall increase (reward) for the good-doers."
    ................(سورة البقرة, Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #58)

Yap......... Enter the town,  fuck everybody kill everybody   eat bountiful   and at the end of the day  bend your ass up in to sky head into the sand .. ALL YOUR SINS WILL BE FORGIVEN .....

Reply #116 - September 21, 2017, 01:49 PM

I purposely didn't state that I in any way believe you yourself hold such views, as I have no idea if you do or not. All I'm reading from you is "christians can do it but muslims can't", with no attempt to back these claims up.

I give up.

Reply #117 - August 03, 2018, 11:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMuKDftNLCI

Thoughts?
     Reply #118 - August 03, 2018, 11:23 PM

TR’s prison complaints: https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/fash-thinking-tommy-robinson-arrest-is-about-free-speech.358839/page-71

What’s the gist of the discussion? I don’t feel like watching a three hour youtube video.
     Reply #119 - August 08, 2018, 11:30 AM

Did you see the vid where he went to a march supporting Tommy and found out he had a number of them as fans?

• Previous page 1 2 3 45 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »