Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Tommy Robinson is a reformed character, honest

(Read 47614 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Tommy Robinson is a reformed character, honest
     Reply #30 - May 13, 2017, 12:21 PM

dear NorthernArab dialogue is always important whether someone  is opposing  or supporting your views   or...whether someone likes you or not., These are issue oriented problems that affect society

But dialogue with someone is different from giving platform or getting a guy  into a leadership position of an organization that you support ..   a perfect example is American Republican Party and their present President ..

That is a good example ..  and it is very simple to expose and educate that  guy and his likes  on their  selective   blaming  of social ills on the basis of color of  a person..  

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Dialogue is important, but this guy has had so many chances and its always the same from him.
     Reply #31 - May 13, 2017, 01:08 PM

As others said before me, he never told any of his followers not to chant racist things. He created the EDL as a white supremacist organisation. White supremacists all believe they are a 'dying race' and 'ignored', all things he seems to support, in my view. He makes everything into a colour thing. Asian paedos, not just a paedophile problem in general.

And yes I know the Asian paedophiles had gangs, and were seen as 'untouchable' because of police not wanting to be seen as racist. But if they just arrested these people immediately, it wouldn't have created so much attention. White paedophiles seem to fly under the radar despite the fact its the same crime.

I grew up in a white majority small town. He fuels people like that. Me being half white never saved me either because people see one thing. She looks foreign so we're going to pick on her. He made it ok for people to publicly shout nasty racist comments at people like me.

It's not to say that speaking against things he disagrees with is not part of his character either. He has a very big mouth when it is time to trespass on private property and harass staff members on the premises, shouting in their faces. Yet when one of the co-organisers of one of his marches makes a statement like that, and the crowd cheers and starts to engage in the racist chanting he is silent as the grave. He was confronted about this on BBC Free Speech and his answer was along the lines of "nothing to do with me". How convenient  Roll Eyes

According to Yaxley-Lennon he was bullied a lot by Muslims, and that somehow gives him a free pass to be the wanker that he is today. It really grinds my gears when people use these kinds of excuses. Boo fucking hoo "Tommy", I have lost count of the number of racist bullies I have been subjected to, both in Saudi and in Catholic school. Is that an excuse to be a bigot? Absolutely not! The moment we start to lend any kind of support to people like him under the false belief that they're OK with us, just not those "others" is the moment that we lose. Because we're next once they're done with the Muslims or the Asians or whichever group they want to focus on now. That guy was a member of the BNP for a whole year and claimed that all the while he had no idea it was a racist party. Who even believes that? It's not like he admitted that he knew, but realised it was wrong and left once he changed his beliefs. He is a lying sleazeball who can't be trusted. Maajid Nawaz's far-right supporters were OK with him, he was the only Brown person that they liked. The moment he criticised Trump and Yaxley-Lennon he was under fire, with people all over his social media accounts calling him an Islamist, a terrorist sympathiser, telling him to go back to where he came from (yeah, totally not about race), you know how it goes.

So yeah, our enemy's enemy isn't always our friend.

The paedophiles from the Rotherham grooming gangs were racist without question. There may have been a minority of cases where a fear of being accused of racism did play a role but the failure of social services to act was by and large because they do not care about children from deprived backgrounds. Now they are blaming their own negligence on political correctness, but there is another side to it. Did political correctness force the police to label the girls as "undesirables" and treat them like dirt? Prisons have their fair share of ethnic minorities, how come all of a sudden they were afraid to arrest ethnic minorities under those circumstances?
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/aug/27/poor-children-seen-as-worthless-rotherham-abuse-scandal
     Reply #32 - May 14, 2017, 02:40 AM

It's easy for a racist to say "I'm only a fill-in-the-blankist" when that prejudice is more acceptable, especially when that prejudice just so happens to include a vast majority of people who happen to be members of a different race. Hell, its so easy to do that such people can even convince themselves that they're not racist. But to any sane outside observer, if it looks like a fish and talks like a fish...

Valid point.

The moment we start to lend any kind of support to people like him under the false belief that they're OK with us, just not those "others" is the moment that we lose.

So yeah, our enemy's enemy isn't always our friend.

That goes without question. You'd have to be incredibly naive to think otherwise.

If I do go ahead I might actually read some of these posts out. Grin A lot of the comments are food for thought and are definitely giving me pause. Part of me still thinks it is worth it though. Despite his past, his cleaning himself up does seem to have given him a certain "more respectable" air. I don't see it but others sure seem to. So mainly I'm asking myself if there is a need to have something out there people can point to to say "This is why he's part of the problem" instead of the only people giving him a platform only asking the kind of questions that serve to build him up, which is clearly what's happening.

I'll give him this, not many people could re-brand themselves without changing any of their views.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #33 - May 14, 2017, 11:25 PM

I'll give him this, not many people could re-brand themselves without changing any of their views.

There are a lot of good con artists out there. It's especially easy if you're white. What else is new.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #34 - May 18, 2017, 08:18 AM

Tommy Robbinson isn't perfect of course, I mean, He's a football thug who has been in trouble with the law mutiple times and he will admit that himself but I think Tommy Robinson's heart is in the right place when it comes to the whole Muslim, Islam discussion.

The thing is with Tommy Robinson, he wasn't just bullied by Muslims, his cousin was drugged up and gang raped by Pakistani gangs while the authorities did nothing. He comes from Luton which has had all sorts of problems with Muslim gangs, I remember channel 4 made a short documentary on the problems in Luton and it's just insane, one Jewish guy was driven out of luton and went to Israel. All the while the authorities did nothing. Countless girls have been basically kidnapped, strung up on drugs and dissapeared under burkhas. I think if you grow up in an environment like that, it's understandable that your perception on on the situation is not going to be very well balanced.

People bring up his time with the BNP or the English defence league but remember, as he points out himself, back then he was a 20 year old who literally knew nothing about politics, and the BNP don't exactly come out and state 'we don't like blacks or asians'. Even the EDL originally was just a group of guys who got together in Luton to protest against the assholes who scream and shout abuse at the soldiers who paraded through Luton, that was it.

Also Stacy Dooley who did a documentary about the problems in Luton grew up with Tommy Robinson and said herself that when they were kids Tommy wasn't a racist.

Problem is, of course, is that he does demonize Muslims with his views, he sees himself as someone exposing the truth about Muslims and Islam but he's wrong, and his views are further going to cause division and conflict.

Reply #35 - May 18, 2017, 12:24 PM

You're on an ex-Muslim forum, where people have seen the ugliest side of Muslim communities. I haven't even gone into detail about everything that has happened to my family, my friends or myself nor will I, but it's still no bloody excuse to be a bigot! And you will find that the vast majority of the people here are not, despite their experiences. He is still a bigot after being exposed to people from various backgrounds, it's not to say that he was stuck in a tiny town for his entire life and had limited interaction with anyone other those Pakistani gangs. I would have less animosity against him if he was just a bigot, but hadn't caused so much damage towards people like us and those close to us by playing such a huge role in spreading hatred.

I have lots of respect for Stacey Dooley, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a despicable person now. He has been given opportunities to change for the better, but has made it clear that he has no interest in doing so. And don't give me that nonsense about him not knowing what the BNP was. They party has never made it a secret that it does not consider non-White people to be British, and that it would like to strip us of our citizenship. This is common knowledge, yet somehow a member of the party was unaware of this  Huh? He would have more integrity if he at least admitted to knowing, and acknowledged that he was wrong at the time. But no, he is a liar who abandoned his cronies for a few grand from Quilliam, only to admit that the payout was the real reason he left. So he is a self-serving, hateful bigot with no real principles, sounds like a wonderful person  Roll Eyes

What has he done to contribute to society other than spread his poisonous far-right ideology?
     Reply #36 - June 08, 2017, 08:55 AM

for example young (usually teens/early twenties) hindu or sikh men who are swayed by his rhetoric and think he's their friend, which has happened

I was looking at some recent uploads and couldn't help thinking about the above. Thoughts?

Tommy Robinson; The patriotic Sikhs stand with the victims of the Manchester attack | Rebel Media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cU4yVgD2q8

Posted on Tommy's youtube page:

The Sikh Story | Bravery, Honour and Allegiance | Remembrance | Full HQ Program

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOSs0b4pSro

Tommy at some sikh place - It's An Outrage That The Sikh Community Is So Unfairly Labelled | Info Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVZkZFZtB5U

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #37 - June 20, 2017, 06:46 PM

Tommy Robinson on Good Morning Britain today (crappy quality): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJP3cmZUK_U

I like Piers Morgan more than most, it's just such a shame he took the wrong tact to try and take down Yaxley because it's so easy to do so. I still don't understand why anti-Muslim bigotry isn't a more widely used term because I think he is just that, a bigot. He'll claim to be a liberal yet he'll refuse to give leeway for many liberal and reformist Muslims. He'll very well know that the Bible and Torah still have violent passages of their own thousands of years on but it's only Muslims who need to rip up their violent verses. And of course there's the banning of Muslims coming into Britain. In his case, he seems to be more broad than even Trump.
     Reply #38 - June 21, 2017, 10:41 PM

You're on an ex-Muslim forum, where people have seen the ugliest side of Muslim communities. I haven't even gone into detail about everything that has happened to my family, my friends or myself nor will I, but it's still no bloody excuse to be a bigot! And you will find that the vast majority of the people here are not, despite their experiences. He is still a bigot after being exposed to people from various backgrounds, it's not to say that he was stuck in a tiny town for his entire life and had limited interaction with anyone other those Pakistani gangs. I would have less animosity against him if he was just a bigot, but hadn't caused so much damage towards people like us and those close to us by playing such a huge role in spreading hatred.

I have lots of respect for Stacey Dooley, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a despicable person now. He has been given opportunities to change for the better, but has made it clear that he has no interest in doing so. And don't give me that nonsense about him not knowing what the BNP was. They party has never made it a secret that it does not consider non-White people to be British, and that it would like to strip us of our citizenship. This is common knowledge, yet somehow a member of the party was unaware of this  Huh? He would have more integrity if he at least admitted to knowing, and acknowledged that he was wrong at the time. But no, he is a liar who abandoned his cronies for a few grand from Quilliam, only to admit that the payout was the real reason he left. So he is a self-serving, hateful bigot with no real principles, sounds like a wonderful person  Roll Eyes

What has he done to contribute to society other than spread his poisonous far-right ideology?

I agree with everything you have said on this thread. On the subject of bullying, my boyfriend and his family were verbally abused by their Indian Sikh neighbours when they first moved to the area. Does that mean they hate all Indians? Or all people of colour? No, because you realise it's not everyone in one race or religion that's causing issues. Tommy Robinson has become a bigot like you said. He doesn't stop and think, he just tars everyone he doesn't like with the same brush. I don't always like what Piers Morgan says, but I like that he basically told him off.
     Reply #39 - June 21, 2017, 11:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_-RZb7LDWw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-UAQAvCCC4

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #40 - June 22, 2017, 10:20 PM

^
    Poor fucker, he doesn't really care about broad things such as 'liberal democracy' or 'free speech'. What he and is ilk are really insecure about is supposedly not being allowed to stick up a St. George's Flag on their windows.
     Reply #41 - June 23, 2017, 11:18 PM

A friend of mine posted this status on FB
    Appearance of extremist hate preacher Tommy Robinson on Good Morning Britain is an absolute disgrace.

Giving a platform to a man who has routinely demonised, dehumanised and vilified Muslims for goodness knows how many years now is absolutely disgraceful.

Doing this a day after a terrorist drove a vehicle into Muslim worshippers leaving a mosque is not only insensitive but actually the equivalent of inviting someone from a recognised Islamist hate group onto the TV a day after Manchester or London Bridge.
    Robinson is a very clever & manipulative individual - he manages to dance carefully on the line that if crossed would see him imprisoned for incitement and racism. He uses dogwhistle language combined with an exploitation of people's grievances, fears and anxieties in order to channel that negativity and hate toward already vulnerable communities.

He promotes an extreme type of 'othering' which is designed to entrench the 'us vs them' mentality in the hope that his version of the great clash of civilisations (Muslims vs the West) will occur. Be under no illusions; Tommy Robinson believes that we are at war with Islam and our enemies are anyone who is either Muslim or looks a bit foreign.

Robinson also carefully amalgamates the legitimate issues of deprived working class areas; cuts to services, lack of adequate up-to-standard housing, no investment, lack of employment opportunities, poverty, higher crime rates and much more in order to promote his anti-Muslim hatred and agenda. This is how he radicalises the public who follow him. He also has help from the establishment - people who are even more careful with how they dogwhistle about specific communities. And of course the media publishing articles which are then read by white working class Brits who genuinely fear for their culture and future.

There are people out there in the UK now who have a genuine fear that sharia law is superseding the laws of our country. This is a mixture of ignorance about Sharia, intolerance and hatred, combined with media and key hate figures using it as a tool to exacerbate what feels like a very real threat to some working class people and communities.

Understanding how figures like Robinson operate is key to undoing the disease of racism that they help spread.

NB: some sections of media are entirely complicit in promoting a narrative which radicalises people. Typically white British folks are seeing the headlines and feeling so incensed that they commit horrific crimes. Members of the Muslim community, particularly young people, are looking at the media and thinking 'my goodness, they really do hate us' and then feeling disaffected, rejected and unwelcome in their own local communities.
    This all has to stop.

Lastly, denying people like Tommy Robinson a platform from which to spew hatred is not an attack or restriction of his free speech. Challenging him on potential breaches of the law is not an attack on his free speech. Hate speech is illegal. Hate speech is not free speech.

I think that we need to tread on this issue with care. Don't silence Yaxley-Lennon for hate speech, because that would only fuel the problem and he would just turn himself into a martyr. But I do agree that he is dangerous and effective, and that you should either give him a platform if you are able to engage in mindful debate with him which would expose him for what he is (shouldn't be too hard) or don't give him one at all. Peirs Morgan meant well but he is terrible at debate and was completely the wrong man for the job.
     Reply #42 - June 24, 2017, 04:37 AM

Anyone know if what he said about the Birmingham mosque is legit?

Reply #43 - June 24, 2017, 12:36 PM

For a completely different perspective:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ND2ViRijs8

Reply #44 - June 24, 2017, 11:11 PM

^ I'm shocked, shocked to see that someone who supports Tommy Robinson would post a video by a noted Tommy Robinson supporter.
     Reply #45 - June 25, 2017, 08:23 AM

A friend of mine posted this status on FB
    I think that we need to tread on this issue with care. Don't silence Yaxley-Lennon for hate speech, because that would only fuel the problem and he would just turn himself into a martyr. But I do agree that he is dangerous and effective, and that you should either give him a platform if you are able to engage in mindful debate with him which would expose him for what he is (shouldn't be too hard) or don't give him one at all. Peirs Morgan meant well but he is terrible at debate and was completely the wrong man for the job.

what is your opinion on this video dear AGWD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_OpYrf_7rk

Is it not  Douglas Murray types  other side of that bearded baboon  anjem choudary  as  MCB   Assistant Secretary General, Miqdaad Versi  says?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRkAByJL2a8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsikptAFqdc

this is a good one ..public  speaking  on problems.........
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyBpZGU1gb0

Reply #46 - June 25, 2017, 08:47 AM

For a completely different perspective:

hellooooo  Unifier ...  talk to me ..stop evading me..  Cheesy   forget that Peirs Morgan  stuff., but tell me.,

Does  Tommy Robinson  character really need reformation??

why this fellow Tommy Robinson is a reformed character?

What character of his needs reformation and why?

Reply #47 - June 25, 2017, 09:00 AM

what is your opinion on this video dear AGWD

Is it not  Douglas Murray types  other side of that bearded baboon  anjem choudary  as  MCB   Assistant Secretary General, Miqdaad Versi  says?

To be be honest, yeezevee it does look like a veiled call for a form of cleansing. The same man who said that conditions for Muslims in Europe should be made harsher in order to make Europe appear less attractive is now saying that the country needs "less Islam" while comparing the number of Muslims in Western Europe to those in Eastern Europe. You can't just replace the word "Muslims" with "Islam" and expect people not to call you out for what you're suggesting.

Douglas Murray said that he is trying to combat extremism, yet he sounds like an extremist himself (much like that far-right CEMB member who was recently banned). I don't know much about the guy who called Maajid Nawaz a hate preacher but he is part of the problem. I don't always agree with Nawaz and the choices that he makes but comparing him to the likes of Choudary or even Murray is ridiculous. When you throw labels around like that they end up losing their meaning.
     Reply #48 - June 25, 2017, 10:16 AM

................................Douglas Murray said that he is trying to combat extremism, yet he sounds like an extremist himself (much like that far-right CEMB member who was recently banned). I don't know much about the guy who called Maajid Nawaz a hate preacher but he is part of the problem.

who said  Maajid Nawaz a hate preacher?? did  Douglas Murray say that ?? when was that ? I mean what year??

I don't always agree with Nawaz and the choices that he makes but comparing him to the likes of Choudary or even Murray is ridiculous.

I am lost .,who is comparing Nawaz  with that babbling baboon  Choudary ??

When you throw labels around like that they end up losing their meaning.

there you are perfect AGWD..or  GAWD.. .,  lol...

Labelling all  faith heads   on the actions  some scoundrel of same faith is indeed dangerous and in fact the meaning of that "Label" will be lost ..

well let me read these for London and Its Islam...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Bakri_Muhammad
    https://cage.ngo/uncategorized/omar-bakri-muhammad-fustuq/
    https://cage.ngo/

Reply #49 - June 25, 2017, 11:00 AM

One of the Muslim men interviewed in the video you showed me called Maajid Nawaz a hate preacher yeezevee. That's who I was referring to, he said that hate preachers like Maajid Nawaz, Douglas Murray and Katie Hopkins are responsible for the Finsbury Park attack. Men like him throw around labels do not help the situation. Douglas Murray is a different problem, he's a Yaxley-Lennon type of character in a suit.
     Reply #50 - June 25, 2017, 11:00 AM

hellooooo  Unifier ...  talk to me ..stop evading me..  Cheesy   forget that Peirs Morgan  stuff., but tell me.,

Does  Tommy Robinson  character really need reformation??

why this fellow Tommy Robinson is a reformed character?

What character of his needs reformation and why?

Hi yeezevee, warm greetings from this far right nut job in trendy Brooklyn!  

First a little on my 'journey' into things Islam.  For most of my 69 years Islam wasn't even on my periphery.  I was far to pre-occupied with job, family, house renovations and my religious life (and supporting Tottenham Hotspurs from a great distance!.  In 2006 I went on a fact finding / mercy mission, taking aid packages to Iraqi refugees in Amman Jordan.  The sponsoring organization was a multi-faith group in lower Manhattan whose weekly meetings took place in a building yards from ground zero.   The notion we entertained was to have people from ground zero reach out to Iraqis - a peace gesture - quite hippy like!   That 10 day visit to Amman with Palestinian drivers, translators and a young woman to accompany my wife left me with several key impressions.  The young Palestinian girl (Rabab) was extremely outspoken and blunt in her attitudes to the West.  That was fine with me and the wife and we encouraged her to speak her mind.   I heard some mind-blowing testimonies from the 15 Iraqi families we visited and interviewed too.   I fell in love with the place and the people but I could feel the tangible cultural and religious grand canyon dividing us.   I made up my mind to devote whatever spare time I had to this subject (Islam and the West).

I will draw a curtain on my particular faith.  It is one I first encountered in 1973 in New York and have had an on and off relationship with ever since.  For the past 15 years my involvement has been limited to friendship connections, donations and online forums with other members of the movement.  I ceased attendance at services and events around 2000.   The religion I am talking about is Unificationism (Moonies to you probably).   The Teaching is biblically based and is known as the Divine Principle.   The core idea is that salvation is not an individual thing but something for a married couple.  I'll leave it at that for the time being but I'll entertain questions from you or anyone else if you want to ask anything.   I didn't mention this before because I don't want people to feel I'm here to convert people because I'm not.   I have and will always advocate for God and building a personal relationship with the loving God I know - but that's it.

Now - this teaching leads anyone accepting it to take ownership of problems (whether qualified to do so or not).  Our conceit (if you like) is that we are responsible for all humanity.   And that strongly reinforces my motivation to be involved in what I see as the biggest problem in today's world.

Now to answer your direct questions about Tommy Robinson.  Gad Saad and Gordon Murray often pose the question: 'Will there be a soft or hard landing' for Islam in Europe.  Will the violence be limited, sporadic or will it end in a major conflagration with large scale death and destruction.   I'm undecided.   I hope and pray for a soft landing while Tommy and others I have recently encountered online like Paul Weston seem to have made their mind up that a civil war is inevitable.   So I see Tommy as a brave, honest but at this moment misguided and counter-productive force in the equation.   His in your face hot headed style is a product of his English working class background - but (as he has himself acknowledged) gets him into trouble.   He's also pretty open about his mistakes.  

What is giving me a little hope at the moment are people like Hamed Abdel Samad and brother Raschid.   I see them as strong voices for 'dis-engagement' from Islam that they say has a large audience inside the ME Islamic world.  Samad posts in arabic to a site each Monday that has an audience of 4 million.   Raschid broadcasts his Christian evangelical message also in the ME to a large audience.   They know each btw.   They speak of a large scale exhaustion with rule by the turbans, and with the perpetual corruption and violence throughout the region.   Samad informs Western Europeans that many Muslims counted in the statistics that alarm are in fact secular or at least non practicing and certainly non islamist.   They offer the best hope for that soft landing that I've come across.   Robinson, while a brave and honest soul (imho) does not.   Time will tell.

If you have the time this sub-titled speech by Samad given in Germany in December 2014 is well worth a watch.  I agree with everything he says and I think he is quite brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkJGD4bMw8o

Reply #51 - June 25, 2017, 11:53 AM

Nothing to reform...

https://twitter.com/AssedBaig/status/878808318545981440
     Reply #52 - June 25, 2017, 12:14 PM

That video clip on it's own says nothing about the context. Who was that other man? What was the situation? Was Tommy the attacker? Was he defending himself?

It can be frustrating, and at times even hard, to be objective, but it's the only way to fairness, and the only path to discover truth.

Reply #53 - June 25, 2017, 12:38 PM

Douglas Murray is a different problem, he's a Yaxley-Lennon type of character in a suit.

The amusing thing is that a few years back Tommy himself expressed those same sentiments. Douglas did not appreciate it. Cheesy

Reply #54 - June 25, 2017, 12:53 PM

That video clip on it's own says nothing about the context. Who was that other man? What was the situation? Was Tommy the attacker? Was he defending himself?

It can be frustrating, and at times even hard, to be objective, but it's the only way to fairness, and the only path to discover truth.

Of course. However if he was merely acting in self defence, he's still a twat for punching the guy even though it's clear he's down. He stops acting in self defence and becomes the aggressor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4637048/Tommy-Robinson-filmed-punching-man-Royal-Ascot.html
     Reply #55 - June 25, 2017, 12:59 PM

Hi yeezevee, warm greetings from this far right nut job in trendy Brooklyn!  

First a little on my 'journey' into things Islam.

Unifier, I honestly think you don't understand islam. In particular you seem to have taken nothing from my points on why a fear of islam and muslims is illogical and factually wrong. Starting here I explained why Tommy was a problem, and you really seem uncomprehending of the point I was hoping to drive home when I said:

When you come on a site full of ex-muslims, people who have left the religion, some members who have actually been persecuted and harmed for it, and they're still saying "Fuck Tommy Robinson", that should tell you more than I could if I spend the whole night explaining.

I've also seen no acknowledgement that you've reflected on the points I made here, here, here and here.

You insist on seeing muslims and islam as a monolithic entity without distinction and nuance. I'll repeat a point I made to you before in the hopes that this time it'll click.

I don't like the KKK or the Westboro Baptist Church. I assume you'll join me in the fight to tear down that church in Brooklyn you mentioned?

Reply #56 - June 25, 2017, 01:02 PM

Of course. However if he was merely acting in self defence, he's still a twat for punching the guy even though it's clear he's down. He stops acting in self defence and becomes the aggressor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4637048/Tommy-Robinson-filmed-punching-man-Royal-Ascot.html

Just watched it again, it looked like he was going to punch but didn't, then swung again when the bloke got back/was getting back on his feet.

Reply #57 - June 25, 2017, 01:06 PM

But why punch him again? He could've apprehended the guy rather than punching him, especially if he saw that help was arriving.
     Reply #58 - June 25, 2017, 01:09 PM

Yup. Seems the lads with him thought that as well as it looks like they're trying to break it up.

Reply #59 - June 25, 2017, 04:01 PM

majid nawaaz must really regret having anything to do with that animal.
  • Previous page 1 23 4 5 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »