Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 12:02 PM

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Batman is the greatest comic book character ever.
  • Agree - 7 (53.8%)
  • Disagree - 6 (46.2%)
  • No opinion - 0 (0%)
  • Total Voters: 13

Topic: Batman is the best!

(Read 2718 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Batman is the best!
     OP - June 08, 2014, 10:30 AM

A man, yet fights Gods (and super powerful aliens) and earns their respect with his skill, his determination, and his intelligence. Batman is simply the best.

Sorry, I just felt the need to post this for some reason.
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #1 - June 08, 2014, 10:43 AM

Subjectively, Captain America is my personal favourite.

Cult favourite, Deadpool no doubt as he tops a lot of the comic book polls for his dark humor and wit.

Coolest character, Wolverine is definitely up there and was popular prior to the X-Men movies.

But no matter what objective variable you employ to determine the greatest comic book character ever, Superman wins no doubt. Superman is iconic. Most recongisable, featured in Action Comics #1 and ushered in the golden age of comic books and in the process love of superheroes/comic book characters. Batman is his girlfriend.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #2 - June 08, 2014, 10:48 AM

The official title of that movie is going to be Batman V. Superman (:Dawn of Justice), and not the other way around.  bunny
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #3 - June 08, 2014, 12:52 PM

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #4 - June 08, 2014, 12:53 PM

True...but the topic was not on the title of the upcoming movie.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #5 - June 08, 2014, 12:54 PM

Batman's Message to Ben Affleck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufYV4pxTrJU

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #6 - June 08, 2014, 01:25 PM

Keep in mind that Batman has also been awesome in everything he's been in since 2005. The best superhero movie, the best video game, and (arguably) the best DC series in the New 52. Hell, Batman was probably the best part of the new Lego Movie. There is something about him that makes him so intriguing. Let's hope the next movie continues this trend.

I sounded like a total fanboy there didn't I?  wacko

...Three things I love most: Physics, Tolkien, and Batman.
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #7 - June 08, 2014, 01:31 PM

Wonder Woman becoming the God of War was an interesting twist.

• Batman is the best!
     Reply #8 - June 08, 2014, 02:13 PM

I did use the word arguably. I think the top five for me is Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Flash, and Action Comics. Superman and Green Arrow have been disappointing.
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #9 - June 08, 2014, 02:18 PM

Keep in mind that Batman has also been awesome in everything he's been in since 2005. The best superhero movie, the best video game, and (arguably) the best DC series in the New 52. Hell, Batman was probably the best part of the new Lego Movie. There is something about him that makes him so intriguing. Let's hope the next movie continues this trend.

I sounded like a total fanboy there didn't I?  wacko

...Three things I love most: Physics, Tolkien, and Batman.

I never liked the Batman reboot. And I jumped off the Heath Ledger bandwagon a long time ago. The films are too long and contrived, particularly TDKR.

There is no way that any Batman movie is the best superhero movie out there. One of the biggest surprises has got to be Ironman. There is no other actor that so perfectly portrays Tony Stark than Robert Downey Jr. It was as if he was born to play that role.

The Avengers is hands down the BEST superhero movie out there so far, but it may have been surpassed by X-MEN: Days of the Future Past (though we will wait and see). TDK may be considered a great movie, understandably, but I can't help but feel a lot of it is overhyped.  

The best video game as in 'Arkham Asylum'? Joker is the best thing in that and especially Batman the Animated Series (hands down one of the best cartoons of all time). Thank you Mark Hamill.

I haven't read the 52 comics but MARVEL has consitently produced some of the best comics out there as they reflect real socio-political issues e.g. Captain America versus the Nazis,  X-Men and the civil rights movement (in my opinion nothing can top this) and Civil War and the War on Terror.

What is the new 52 about?

• Batman is the best!
     Reply #10 - June 08, 2014, 02:31 PM

I have nothing against Marvel. I love me some X-Men and Spider-Man. Enjoy several Marvel series, and love the new movies and the MCU (bar Iron Man 2 & 3); the Winter Soldier and Days of the Future Past were amazing.

Spider-Man (1) is close second for me, but the Dark Knight is simply the best superhero movie there is. X-Men:DOFP is third in my eyes, Avengers at four, and The Winter Soldier at 5. That's four Marvel movies to one DC, so I suppose Marvel is more consistent with their films.

Arkham City, and Asylum, were one of the greatest games of the last generation (PS3, 360), and they're probably the only noteworthy superhero games.

New 52 is essentially a reboot, with a more modern take.
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #11 - June 08, 2014, 05:02 PM

I got a thing for batgirl, she's the hero najd deserves.

"Ours is the age which is proud of machines that think and suspicious of men who try to."
    هذا من فضل جدي
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #12 - June 08, 2014, 07:05 PM

I have nothing against Marvel. I love me some X-Men and Spider-Man. Enjoy several Marvel series, and love the new movies and the MCU (bar Iron Man 2 & 3); the Winter Soldier and Days of the Future Past were amazing.

Spider-Man (1) is close second for me, but the Dark Knight is simply the best superhero movie there is. X-Men:DOFP is third in my eyes, Avengers at four, and The Winter Soldier at 5. That's four Marvel movies to one DC, so I suppose Marvel is more consistent with their films.

Arkham City, and Asylum, were one of the greatest games of the last generation (PS3, 360), and they're probably the only noteworthy superhero games.

New 52 is essentially a reboot, with a more modern take.

I never took to Spiderman (1) as I thought the Green Goblin is a weak, if classic, villain. I do hope that Sony come to an agreement with Disney and make it possible for an Avengers/Spidey cross over. I am going to see X-Men DOTFP this week and can't wait. The hype is unbelievable. I love the 'mutants' and the storyline of a persecuted minority has always remained relevant since their inception in the 60's. That together with a pacifist versus violence approach aka Gandhi v. Fanon or Martin Luther King v. Malcolm X approach adds a subtle intellectual flavour to the epic narrative. Add to the we have Jean Luc F'ing Picard as Charles Xavier = YES!!!!

I've heard great reviews for Arkham Asylum/City. They're very atmospheric, which is what the Batman series/character are largely known for. Have you seen Batman TAS?

• Batman is the best!
     Reply #13 - June 09, 2014, 03:44 PM

DOFTP also has Gandalf, which makes it even better. It's a very wonderful movie with a great deal of touching moments; I shed a tear during a scene with older Magneto and Charles.

I have seen TAS, another great entry of the Batman franchise.
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #14 - June 09, 2014, 05:51 PM

<3

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #15 - June 09, 2014, 07:36 PM

Not according to this dude:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oDKaBF_IOY

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #16 - May 05, 2017, 06:15 PM

What makes batman great....he would take on Allah!
  • Batman is the best!
     Reply #17 - May 05, 2017, 07:22 PM

Seems like a nice enough fella, I guess.

• Batman is the best!
     Reply #18 - May 05, 2017, 07:35 PM

Seems like a nice enough fella, I guess.

(Clicky for piccy!)

Lol
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »