Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hizb ut tahrir

(Read 2886 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hizb ut tahrir
     OP - April 23, 2017, 08:21 PM

To other ex-HT memebers here.

Did you find the Hizb to change its message,opinions and methods to fit their needs?

For example..I remeber once a guy in the hizb telling me how it was best for women to stay home and be house wives and this bothered me...so i went and talked to Ahmed about it (read my story to see who he is) and he said that it was only recomended and not obliged.

The defence in tone in the first guy and Ahmed also made a difference. Ahmed seemed more nice in his deffence (deep down inthink he does not belive this and plans to let his fiance work and study if she wants) but the first guy was a bit misogonist in his tone and seemed like misogonist in general.

Also there was a case where a speaker at a talk mentioned that when he was at a talk in Australia he mentioned homosexuality by accident in his speech which up to that point was working in his favour with the crowd. He then said to us that it would of been best if he didnt mention homosexuality in the talk and that we should not being up topics that could lose us favour e.g apostacy sharia homosexuality ect

Also there seems to be ideological diffences (may be nuanced) between the Hizb in different locations. Ahmed once said HT Australia is a lot like HT uk from back in the 70s with views and zeal.

Thoughts?
  • Hizb ut tahrir
     Reply #1 - April 24, 2017, 07:40 AM

My experience tells me that type of method and behaviour is general for all Muslims groups, all the way from the mainstream semi-secularised Muslims to the more extreme end of the spectrum like the salafis and HT and so on. It's not even a particular "Muslim" thing. It's just so that Islam happens to be a religion with alot of baggage, a lot of followers, and the faith is going through it's teenage years just like Christianity did 500 years ago. Christianity is still struggling by the way. Just look at the Catholic church or the Evangelical movement in the US. Urgh. Religion will always be a problem, because it's used as a tool for all the problems in human society and culture.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Hizb ut tahrir
     Reply #2 - April 27, 2017, 02:45 PM

Well said. Its ironic how these groups complain about the dity politics of the west (which may or may not be true) and say they are not like that yet they imploy the same tactics.  Cheesy

And they all think that the orther ones are secrtely controled by the western governments.
  • Hizb ut tahrir
     Reply #3 - April 27, 2017, 09:02 PM

Hey Wolfy, it's best to ask this kind of questions in the Advice Corner thread. This one is just for introductions  Wink
  • Hizb ut tahrir
     Reply #4 - April 27, 2017, 10:19 PM

Kl...is there a way to take this convo there or do i have to star a new?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »