Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Wouldn’t a perfect book teach perfect morality?

(Read 2435 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Wouldn’t a perfect book teach perfect morality?
     OP - April 16, 2017, 12:12 AM

So much of the Quran is devoted to redundant claims and threats about Muhammad’s status as a prophet, yet there is not a single original moral value. Nowhere does it tell men not to rape women or refrain from sex with children. In fact, it gives men permission to rape their slaves and implies that sex with children is permissible (verse 65:4).
    Wouldn’t a perfect book teach perfect morality?
     Reply #1 - April 17, 2017, 01:36 AM

You would think.
    This is why reform in Islam would truly progress were the Quran admitted to be a book, rather than Divine Canon.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Wouldn?t a perfect book teach perfect morality?
     Reply #2 - April 17, 2017, 02:09 AM

So much of the Quran is devoted to redundant claims and threats about Muhammad’s status as a prophet, yet there is not a single original moral value. Nowhere does it tell men not to rape women or refrain from sex with children. In fact, it gives men permission to rape their slaves and implies that sex with children is permissible (verse 65:4).
    Wouldn’t a perfect book teach perfect morality?

The Qur'an is perfect.

Perfect at getting people to tell you to check for context, translation, ask a scholar for opinions, and tell you to shut up and just pray to Allah (which is not even the Qur'an, it's from the Hadiths, the same ones people conveniently doubt the authenticity of when they get difficult critical questions about them) and suppress any critical thought.

I mean, shit, if there's one positive trait I'll give to ISIS it's their honesty in not obfuscating what it says in the Qur'an and Hadiths.

Then you have the wine that doesn't make you drunk. Seriously, who's idea was that? It's called Juicy Juice where I come from, mofo, you ain't fooling me.

Reply #3 - April 17, 2017, 10:29 AM

The Qur'an is perfect.

Perfect at getting people to tell you to check for context, translation, ask a scholar for opinions, and tell you to shut up and just pray to Allah (which is not even the Qur'an, it's from the Hadiths, ......................

greetings and my good wishes to you thornsvald ., That is not true.,  That word  اللَّهِ    "Allah" is there in Quran and that Arabic word  was there at least a1000 years before the birth of Islam ...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - April 17, 2017, 11:45 AM

greetings and my good wishes to you thornsvald ., That is not true.,  That word  اللَّهِ    "Allah" is there in Quran and that Arabic word  was there at least a1000 years before the birth of Islam ...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

I was referring to the instructions for prayer, not the origin of the word Allah. There are the bare basics in the Qur'an, but the overwhelming majority of the instructions for prayer and ablution rituals come from the Hadiths.

Then you have the wine that doesn't make you drunk. Seriously, who's idea was that? It's called Juicy Juice where I come from, mofo, you ain't fooling me.

Reply #5 - April 17, 2017, 11:50 AM

I was referring to the instructions for prayer, not the origin of the word Allah.....................

.Oh!.. oops., I see you were referring  to the  5 prayers of Islam and their timings

Fajr – the dawn prayer.
    Dhuhr – the noon prayer.
    Asr – the afternoon prayer.
    Maghrib – the sunset prayer.
    Isha'a – the night prayer.

Sorry I misread your post...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Wouldn?t a perfect book teach perfect morality?
     Reply #6 - April 20, 2017, 03:31 PM

thnkyu
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »