Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Md.mohiuddin megathread

(Read 12454 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muslims are hypocrites
     Reply #60 - June 23, 2017, 02:36 AM

No doubt.

Anyway, as I mentioned the whole concept is fucking shitheaded anyway, You need a very closed and repressed society for the whole not looking at one another and segregation ideology to even retain any sense of internal logic.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Muslims are hypocrites
     Reply #61 - June 23, 2017, 02:37 AM

Yeah it's not logic that keeps me looking to the side of someone's head when I am talking to them..better than the floor! Progress!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Muslims are hypocrites
     Reply #62 - July 11, 2017, 12:08 AM

Well that's a typical case of they will do what they want when it suites them...then trying to be a better Muslim and then going back to doing haraam...Muslims would say " This is a test".for the hereafter life...maybe they need to think who they are and ask themselves what there doing.
  • Md.mohiuddin megathread
     Reply #63 - July 11, 2017, 12:07 PM

A reminder: this is the Blogs and Bios section. Please refrain from spamming it with individual threads of stuff you've culled from the wider Internet without attribution, as it makes this section less navigable. Thanks.
  • Are Atheists smarter than theists?
     Reply #64 - July 11, 2017, 12:52 PM

FaithVsReason
    Are atheists, on average, smarter than everyone else?
    It sounds unbearably smug and condescending even to ask the question this way. But whatever one’s feelings about the matter, there’s some evidence suggesting that this may be the case.
    Belief in God correlates inversely with education level, as surveys have long shown. From high school to college to grad school, as you move up the rungs of educational attainment, people are more likely to be atheists, less likely to pray, less likely to say religion is important in their lives. Among t
    hose with the most prestigious academic credentials, such as members of the National Academy of Sciences, atheism is a supermajority position.
    In this context, I’d also mention the Flynn effect. To judge by IQ test scores, each new generation of humanity is a little smarter than the last. And in step with this trend, rates of nonbelief are rising both in America and throughout the world. Some studies also find a direct relationship between IQ scores and atheism.
    To be sure, this is a correlation rather than an absolute rule. It’s obviously not true that all intelligent people are atheists (because, to name one reason, smart people are better at rationalizing beliefs they acquired for other reasons). Nor are all unintelligent people religious believers (we’ve seen many counterexamples to that hypothesis, alas). Nevertheless, when you survey large numbers of people, the pattern is unmistakable.
    This must be galling to religious apologists, especially those who aspire to be sophisticated and intellectual. It certainly bothers Regis Nicoll of Crisis magazine, who wrote a post attacking the claim that religious doubt is a sign of intelligence.
    He begins with an accurate description of the evidence I already cited:
    According to a 2017 Pew survey, belief in God is lower among college-educated individuals than among those having no college. Other polls have found that most scientists, including an overwhelming percentage of those in the National Academy of Science, deny the existence of God.
    So, how does Nicoll deal with these inconvenient facts? He first attempts to define the problem out of existence, asserting that people who don’t believe in God are by definition unintelligent:
    Of course, that all depends on what one means by intelligence. In fact, as a friend of mine once quipped: “Can a person who flunks the test to the most basic question in life (‘is there a God?’) be considered intelligent?” Right, because everything we “know” about the world, human nature, moral ethics, and life’s purpose hangs on what we believe about their source.
    Obviously, this is an entirely circular argument. Whether it’s unintelligent to reject belief in God depends on whether that belief is true. But even leaving this point aside, it hasn’t answered the question: Why does religious doubt correlate with everything else that’s associated with greater intelligence, like IQ scores or educational attainment?
    This is where most religious apologists segue into talking about “the wisdom of the world” and how God conceals himself from rational inquiry, only revealing his presence to those who approach the question in a spirit of credulous faith. To my mind, this is as good as a concession, because that’s exactly what a false-belief peddler would have to say. It also begs the question of how a person is supposed to choose among the hundreds of incompatible religions that all make this claim.
    However, Nicoll’s essay doesn’t take this tack. Even though he raised the question, he seems to lose interest in answering it. Instead, he meanders off on a digression, arguing that atheism fails to account for a hospitable cosmos:
    I went on to explain that these speculations grew out of the unsettling recognition that we inhabit a Goldilocks planet in which life teeters on the edge of non-existence. Scrambling to account for these “just right” conditions, desperate theorists trotted out the multiverse, an infinite manifold of universes that guarantees the existence of our hospitable home, and every conceivable (and inconceivable) one as well.
    This is just the “fine-tuning” argument which I’ve responded to at length. Religious apologists who make this argument assume that the physical constants of our universe were selected from among an enormous range of possible values and that only a tiny fraction of those would have led to intelligence. Both assumptions are indefensible given our present knowledge.
    To quote myself from a previous post:
    If we had known only the physical laws of our universe, we could hardly have predicted, from first principles alone, that it would contain life. We simply don’t have the knowledge to proclaim with confidence what other interesting possibilities may be inherent in other sets of physical laws.
    In fact, as I’ve pointed out, the Earth is a tiny, fragile oasis in the midst of a vast, ancient and chaotic universe. This state of affairs fits better with atheism than it does with any theology that includes a benevolent creator specially interested in us. It’s what you’d expect to see in a cosmos where life came about by chance rather than as part of a grand design.
    From this point on, Nicoll’s essay descends into plain old creationism. It’s as if he was too tired to come up with any argument other than Kent Hovind-style toddler-playground ridicule – even though Crisis is a Catholic publication, and evolution has a papal stamp of approval.
    Indeed, with other concoctions like self-organization, emergence, memes, selfish genes, and macro-evolution to account for the encyclopedic information in the genome, the narrative of naturalism reads more like a Brothers Grimm tale than Newton’s Principia Mathematica. Indeed, a frog-turned-prince story is no less a fairy tale by tweaking the timeframe from a bibbidi-bobbidi-boo instant to 150 million years.
    I have to say that if I were Catholic and read this essay hoping for an answer to the question in its title, I’d be disappointed. It does a good job presenting the problem, but rather than offering any solutions, it resorts to irrelevant pseudoscience and “nyah nyah, so’s your old man” taunting. It’s a tacit admission that he can’t explain the atheism-education link.
    Assuming this correlation holds up, what could explain it? I don’t think it’s as insultingly simplistic as “religion is a stupid belief for stupid people”. But I do think that one aspect of intelligence is the ability to come up with the greatest number of possible explanations for the same set of facts.
    A person who’s not as adept at this will be less likely to doubt the received beliefs of their family or culture. However, a person who can come up with alternatives will be more likely to see religious beliefs for what they are – a hypothesis about the world, one possibility out of many – and to notice when they lack explanatory power, compared to the alternatives.

No religion no war, No religious justification no discrimination.Free thinking & humanism is the way forward for global peace establishment.One law for all human being.
  • Are Atheists Smarter than Theists?
     Reply #65 - July 11, 2017, 12:56 PM

FaithVsReason
    Are atheists, on average, smarter than everyone else?
    It sounds unbearably smug and condescending even to ask the question this way. But whatever one’s feelings about the matter, there’s some evidence suggesting that this may be the case.
    Belief in God correlates inversely with education level, as surveys have long shown. From high school to college to grad school, as you move up the rungs of educational attainment, people are more likely to be atheists, less likely to pray, less likely to say religion is important in their lives. Among those with the most prestigious academic credentials, such as members of the National Academy of Sciences, atheism is a supermajority position.
    In this context, I’d also mention the Flynn effect. To judge by IQ test scores, each new generation of humanity is a little smarter than the last. And in step with this trend, rates of nonbelief are rising both in America and throughout the world. Some studies also find a direct relationship between IQ scores and atheism.
    To be sure, this is a correlation rather than an absolute rule. It’s obviously not true that all intelligent people are atheists (because, to name one reason, smart people are better at rationalizing beliefs they acquired for other reasons). Nor are all unintelligent people religious believers (we’ve seen many counterexamples to that hypothesis, alas). Nevertheless, when you survey large numbers of people, the pattern is unmistakable.
    This must be galling to religious apologists, especially those who aspire to be sophisticated and intellectual. It certainly bothers Regis Nicoll of Crisis magazine, who wrote a post attacking the claim that religious doubt is a sign of intelligence.
    He begins with an accurate description of the evidence I already cited:
    According to a 2017 Pew survey, belief in God is lower among college-educated individuals than among those having no college. Other polls have found that most scientists, including an overwhelming percentage of those in the National Academy of Science, deny the existence of God.
    So, how does Nicoll deal with these inconvenient facts? He first attempts to define the problem out of existence, asserting that people who don’t believe in God are by definition unintelligent:
    Of course, that all depends on what one means by intelligence. In fact, as a friend of mine once quipped: “Can a person who flunks the test to the most basic question in life (‘is there a God?’) be considered intelligent?” Right, because everything we “know” about the world, human nature, moral ethics, and life’s purpose hangs on what we believe about their source.
    Obviously, this is an entirely circular argument. Whether it’s unintelligent to reject belief in God depends on whether that belief is true. But even leaving this point aside, it hasn’t answered the question: Why does religious doubt correlate with everything else that’s associated with greater intelligence, like IQ scores or educational attainment?
    This is where most religious apologists segue into talking about “the wisdom of the world” and how God conceals himself from rational inquiry, only revealing his presence to those who approach the question in a spirit of credulous faith. To my mind, this is as good as a concession, because that’s exactly what a false-belief peddler would have to say. It also begs the question of how a person is supposed to choose among the hundreds of incompatible religions that all make this claim.
    However, Nicoll’s essay doesn’t take this tack. Even though he raised the question, he seems to lose interest in answering it. Instead, he meanders off on a digression, arguing that atheism fails to account for a hospitable cosmos:
    I went on to explain that these speculations grew out of the unsettling recognition that we inhabit a Goldilocks planet in which life teeters on the edge of non-existence. Scrambling to account for these “just right” conditions, desperate theorists trotted out the multiverse, an infinite manifold of universes that guarantees the existence of our hospitable home, and every conceivable (and inconceivable) one as well.
    This is just the “fine-tuning” argument which I’ve responded to at length. Religious apologists who make this argument assume that the physical constants of our universe were selected from among an enormous range of possible values and that only a tiny fraction of those would have led to intelligence. Both assumptions are indefensible given our present knowledge.
    To quote myself from a previous post:
    If we had known only the physical laws of our universe, we could hardly have predicted, from first principles alone, that it would contain life. We simply don’t have the knowledge to proclaim with confidence what other interesting possibilities may be inherent in other sets of physical laws.
    In fact, as I’ve pointed out, the Earth is a tiny, fragile oasis in the midst of a vast, ancient and chaotic universe. This state of affairs fits better with atheism than it does with any theology that includes a benevolent creator specially interested in us. It’s what you’d expect to see in a cosmos where life came about by chance rather than as part of a grand design.
    From this point on, Nicoll’s essay descends into plain old creationism. It’s as if he was too tired to come up with any argument other than Kent Hovind-style toddler-playground ridicule – even though Crisis is a Catholic publication, and evolution has a papal stamp of approval.
    Indeed, with other concoctions like self-organization, emergence, memes, selfish genes, and macro-evolution to account for the encyclopedic information in the genome, the narrative of naturalism reads more like a Brothers Grimm tale than Newton’s Principia Mathematica. Indeed, a frog-turned-prince story is no less a fairy tale by tweaking the timeframe from a bibbidi-bobbidi-boo instant to 150 million years.
    I have to say that if I were Catholic and read this essay hoping for an answer to the question in its title, I’d be disappointed. It does a good job presenting the problem, but rather than offering any solutions, it resorts to irrelevant pseudoscience and “nyah nyah, so’s your old man” taunting. It’s a tacit admission that he can’t explain the atheism-education link.
    Assuming this correlation holds up, what could explain it? I don’t think it’s as insultingly simplistic as “religion is a stupid belief for stupid people”. But I do think that one aspect of intelligence is the ability to come up with the greatest number of possible explanations for the same set of facts.
    A person who’s not as adept at this will be less likely to doubt the received beliefs of their family or culture. However, a person who can come up with alternatives will be more likely to see religious beliefs for what they are – a hypothesis about the world, one possibility out of many – and to notice when they lack explanatory power, compared to the alternatives.

No religion no war, No religious justification no discrimination.Free thinking & humanism is the way forward for global peace establishment.One law for all human being.
  • Are Atheists smarter than theists?
     Reply #66 - July 11, 2017, 01:50 PM

I won't ask you again. Put it all in this one thread or find another section of the forum to put your posts in.
  • Evil of Religion: Get’em While They’re Young
     Reply #67 - August 02, 2017, 03:21 PM

Religion hurts children in many unrealized ways such as not knowing fantasy from reality. As a study highlights children exposed to religion have difficulty distinguishing fact from fiction. (to read more) To more deeply understand the problem of child indoctrination you must understand child development psychology toward animistic thinking. You may wonder what animistic thinking is. As it relates to psychology, animistic magical thinking for instance was a part of Jean Piaget’s theory of cognitive development. When children are not born believers but at ages under 8 do not yet understand concrete logic and cannot mentally grasp or analyze with critical thinking the world around them, they tend to creatively interject irrational beliefs seeing things, phenomenon, experiences or events in reality from a superstitious and/or supernaturalistic thinking mix of magical, animistic, or “nonnatural” conceptions of significance, causality, meaning or of beingness. The psychology expressed by animistic thinking is characterized by the child’s belief that inanimate objects, for current example, dolls, possess desires, beliefs, and feelings in a similar way that the child does. A child is showing animistic thinking when they explain that a stuffed toy wants to talk to them, protect them, and loves them. Can you see why religions so desperately feel the need to push religion on children for it is at such an age they hold a natural inclination to non-natural beliefs? If no one were presented a religion until 18 years old, there would likely be little religion in the world.

Reply #68 - August 02, 2017, 05:35 PM

I hope you are right. Because I am raising my kids without religion, and so far they have been greatly influenced by their religious friends and I desperately hope they can outgrow such inclinations.

Reply #69 - August 02, 2017, 05:51 PM

I hope you are right. Because I am raising my kids without religion, and so far they have been greatly influenced by their religious friends and I desperately hope they can outgrow such inclinations.

three .. Children that are growing up and  all the way to 12/13 years need heroes  ..and there are number of such good hero stories in every faith for children..

So there is nothing wrong if they get influenced by some faith heads .,It is the responsibility of parents  to choose right stories  or tell the same stupid  story of a faith in a right way ..  and that golden rule is the best criteria to judge a story ..religious or otherwise

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #70 - August 03, 2017, 03:42 AM

Well yes. But the kids under a certain age haven't got much logic with which to refute things. So though I do try and explain, they still do come home crying about me going to hell.

• To what Degree Is Atheism Voluntary?
     Reply #71 - August 03, 2017, 10:54 AM

Looking out my window, I see grass. It is mostly green and will become greener as spring deepens. Suppose someone were to try to convince me that this grass was not green at all but a bright royal blue. I am not sure any amount of argument, pleading, threats, favors, etc. could persuade me that the grass I see was blue.

Under torture, I would certainly profess that I believed it to be blue, but it is difficult to imagine that I could actually convince myself that it was so. With sufficient rewards, I would certainly agree publicly that the grass was blue, but I would not really believe it. By learning about the science of vision, I could be convinced that the grass was not inherently green but reflected light in such a manner that I perceived it as green. Still, I would not be able to stop believing that I was perceiving it as green. In many respects, this is how the atheist experiences god belief.

I could no more convince myself that the Muslim god was real than I could convince myself that my front yard was full of blue grass. It is observations like this which lead me to question the degree to which atheism is voluntary. Don't get me wrong, I am not claiming that atheism is an involuntary response or somehow predetermined. I am merely suggesting that atheism seems less voluntary than many other beliefs.

Sitting here today, knowing what I know, experiencing what I have experienced, living the life I have led, I am not sure that I could now convince myself to believe in the Muslim god or associated dogma even if I desperately wanted to do so. It is as if I have passed a point of no return.

For years, I managed to convince myself that the Muslim god about which I had heard so much was real. But I have never been one to take things on faith. I ask too many questions, and I seek genuine answers. Atheism, the gradual erosion of my willingness to accept the truth of the claim that gods exist, was the eventual result of such inquiry. My eyes are now open, and I seriously doubt that I could close them no matter how much I wanted to.

Perhaps uttering a magic incantation of some sort would instantly transport me to blissful mindlessness, but I doubt it. Besides, I'd much rather my eyes remain open.

Reply #72 - August 03, 2017, 12:28 PM

I am merely suggesting that atheism seems less voluntary than many other beliefs.

Religion requires you to set aside any scientific principles and and rely mostly on 'faith'. That is why increased education tends to lead to higher rates of atheism/secularism. Religion is an outdated fantasy and falls apart when applying modern scientific methods.

So you are right in a way. Certain mindsets are not capable of turning a blind eye to evidence-based reasoning.
     Reply #73 - August 04, 2017, 08:21 AM

I'm fully in favour of using other people's ideas as scaffolding, but a little less so for zero-effort exercises in copy and paste.
     Reply #74 - August 04, 2017, 09:07 AM

I'm fully in favour of using other people's ideas as scaffolding, but a little less so for zero-effort exercises in copy and paste.

well   that is OK.,  there is NOTHING WRONG IN COPY PASTING  STUFF FROM OTHERS.. even Allah book Quran does that

but  .but I expect people like Mr.  Md.mohiuddinto give links for his copy/paste ...  may be it was an error of judgement 

Helllooooo dear Mr.  Md.mohiuddin.....Hmm... just curious  what do those letters  "Md" in your nick stand for?? Is it  "Muhammad"  or is it   "Medicinae Doctor" ??   anyways  I am very glad to read your posts ..  please  continue   and please read more at  http://www.atheistrev.com/

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #75 - August 04, 2017, 11:34 AM

A reminder: this is the Blogs and Bios section. Please refrain from spamming it with individual threads of stuff you've culled from the wider Internet without attribution, as it makes this section less navigable. Thanks.

I won't ask you again. Put it all in this one thread or find another section of the forum to put your posts in.

Md.mohiuddin is now restricted to posting in threads of his own creation.
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »