Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex-Muslim from Lahore

(Read 6242 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     OP - April 03, 2017, 08:44 PM

I am an agnostic and a 20-year-old who has been a vegetarian by choice for three years.
    My story of how i became an agnostic is very long. I will be as brief as possible.
    1. Raised as a Muslim
    2. God and I drifted apart
    3. Became a vegetarian
    4. Realized i was an agnostic
    5. Haven't told anyone (my parents have high expectations of me, don't wanna let them down)
    6. I don't want to live a double life for the rest of my life but i can't find any way out. (The problem is that i am a girl, so it's, like, 100x harder)
    I would love to connect with like-minded people here. Smiley

• Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #1 - April 03, 2017, 08:50 PM

Hi senorita! Welcome to the forum, and have a rabbit!  bunny

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #2 - April 04, 2017, 09:04 AM

parrot

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #3 - April 04, 2017, 09:55 AM

thnkyu for the  bunny and the parrot
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #4 - April 04, 2017, 10:19 AM

Hi Senorita. Assuming the most Muslim families are not vegetarian, you must have struggled pretty hard with friends & families. Though I’m not a vegan you have my admiration and congratulations, you have courage.
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #5 - April 04, 2017, 11:03 AM

PebbleWalkway, I am the only vegetarian in my family and probably, in lahore. I have struggled pretty hard with friends & families. I have got a cover story, though.  dance

Hi Senorita. Assuming the most Muslim families are not vegetarian, you must have struggled pretty hard with friends & families. Though I’m not a vegan you have my admiration and congratulations, you have courage.

thnkyu It means a lot.  Smiley
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #6 - April 04, 2017, 11:25 AM

Welcome! I'm not a vegetarian, but been enjoying my freedom eating non-halal meat. It never gets old that I can buy what I like without checking the ingredients!
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #7 - April 04, 2017, 12:59 PM

NorthernArab     
    I read your story and it's very inspiring. I can't even imagine the amount of courage it takes to do what you did.  Afro
    I also saw your picture in one of the posts and you two looked so cute together.  dance
    Glad to hear that you're enjoying your freedom.  Smiley
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #8 - April 07, 2017, 10:23 PM

Welcome Smiley
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #9 - April 08, 2017, 07:22 AM

Hello!

Why did you become a vegetarian? Smiley
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #10 - April 08, 2017, 07:11 PM

Helaine, Muslims celebrate eid-ul-adha yearly (by slaughtering goats, sheep, cow, etc). When i was a kid, i used to feel very bad for the animal and his family.(especially, for the animal's wife) Cheesy
    My parents told me that when they say 'allah-u-akbar' and slaughter the animal, it doesn't feel pain. I bought that.
    Then, I grew up and, after a period of denial, realized that animals do feel pain.
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #11 - April 09, 2017, 02:05 AM

Welcome! parrot

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #12 - April 09, 2017, 04:34 AM

I didn’t understand what good that Festival of the Sacrifice does either. And my family doesn’t usually do the “distributing to the poor” thing; just slaughter a sheep on a given day in your backyard as if we didn’t have it done throughout the year.
    Also the ritual to make the meat halal, claiming that it is intended to give the animal as little pain as possible, is sheer hypocrisy. The west already has better humane slaughter methods.
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #13 - April 09, 2017, 06:40 AM

Senorita, massive respect for you. You're a great example of selfless sacrifice. Afro

How do you eat out then? Are there vegetarian restaurants in Lahore?
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #14 - April 09, 2017, 08:03 AM

I didn’t understand what good that Festival of the Sacrifice does either. And my family doesn’t usually do the “distributing to the poor” thing; just slaughter a sheep on a given day in your backyard as if we didn’t have it done throughout the year.
    Also the ritual to make the meat halal, claiming that it is intended to give the animal as little pain as possible, is sheer hypocrisy. The west already has better humane slaughter methods.

I agree.  yes
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #15 - April 09, 2017, 08:16 AM

Senorita, massive respect for you. You're a great example of selfless sacrifice. Afro

How do you eat out then? Are there vegetarian restaurants in Lahore?

thnkyu
    There are no vegetarian restaurants in Lahore. When we dine out, I order mushrooms with garlic sauce at chinese restaurants and vegetables at pakistani restaurants. (I consider myself extremely lucky, if i find something else on the menu)  Cheesy
    My family is used to it now.
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #16 - April 16, 2017, 03:35 PM

Welcome  parrot
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #17 - April 16, 2017, 03:36 PM

thnkyu
    There are no vegetarian restaurants in Lahore. When we dine out, I order mushrooms with garlic sauce at chinese restaurants and vegetables at pakistani restaurants. (I consider myself extremely lucky, if i find something else on the menu)  Cheesy
    My family is used to it now.

That's a pity. But I know that in most countries this is a problem. Begin vegetarian is not a thing.
    In India you would have no problems at all.
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #18 - April 20, 2017, 04:20 PM

ElToro, are you from India?
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #19 - April 27, 2017, 09:04 PM

No, I'm not. I was there just once for business.
  • Ex-Muslim from Lahore
     Reply #20 - July 11, 2017, 01:26 AM

Hi and Welcome.

I'm an Ex Muslim Pakistani Girl from the UK...

Raised up in a Sunni Family left Islam few years back not too long ago. I use to be a vegetarian when I was 11 years old too for 9 years.

I'm not one to shy away once I decided to leave Islam i came out to the Pakistani community and Family straight away although I knew they'd look down upon me and be dissapointed.

Adore my Family but I wasn't going to live a life of lies I have very strong beliefs of my own....don't be live in religion just believe in God.

Still deal with the same Pakistani community and Family....do my best to bring love and peace where I can  Smiley

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »