Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Crazy Canadian School-Board Meetings

(Read 3232 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Crazy Canadian School-Board Meetings
     OP - April 01, 2017, 09:24 PM

The background here is a long-standing dispute over Muslim prayer rooms in the Peel District schools. Apparently, some of them practiced gender segregation, and required menstruating girls to sit in the back.

At these school board meetings, it appears to be the anti-Islamic crowd making most of the noise.

From last Janurary

And here's one from a few days ago, where someone in the gallery actually started ripping up a Koran and throwing the pages into the foyer of the meeting-room.

March 24th

I believe the anti-Islamic protesters are affiliated with Rise Canada, a group that has connections with a well-known Hindu-chauvinist agitation group. They were recently in the news, as a result of a Conservative leadership candidate appearing at one of their functions.

• crazy Canadian school-board meetings
     Reply #1 - April 01, 2017, 09:36 PM

Kellie Leitch addresses Rise Canada

Amusing that Banarjee, while posing as the champion of gender-equality, is too uptight to say the word "menstruation" when talking about that very subject. 
     Reply #2 - April 06, 2017, 07:15 PM

From the same school district...

Staff with the Peel District School Board in southern Ontario are being cautioned to be "extra vigilant" about a video making the rounds online offering a $1,000 reward for recordings of Muslim students in any school in the region "spewing hate speech during Friday prayers."

The nearly 3½-minute video was posted to YouTube on March 29 by Kevin J. Johnston of the online publication Freedom Report, which bills itself as "Canada's best and most honest news outlet." Johnston previously faced off against Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie in an attempt to stop the development of the Meadowvale Islamic Centre.

link
     Reply #3 - April 10, 2017, 04:40 PM

Not school-related, but involving the same broad group of people...

Liberal MP Ruby Sahota hosted an event last spring with a group whose president recently accused Muslims of wanting to convert all Canadians to their faith and rule the country.

During the United Christian Federation’s Last Supper on the Hill event on Parliament Hill last Easter, Brampton MP Sahota thanked the organization for its “dedication to protecting minority rights around the world.”

The Toronto-based UCF has received less public attention than other controversial groups it sometimes works alongside, such as Canadian Hindu Advocacy and Rise Canada. On March 29, Conservative leadership candidate Kellie Leitch attended an event where Ron Banerjee, a director with Canadian Hindu Advocacy and an adviser with Rise Canada, spoke.

For anyone keeping score, Sahota is a Liberal, the party that portrays itself as a bulwark of tolerance against bigoted Conservatives like Kellie Leitch. So attending an anti-Muslim event is really bad optics for her and her party.

You can scroll down for a more recent video of a Pegida rally(didn't know we had those guys in Canada), at which some Pakistani Christian minister goes on an extended spiel against Muslims, Rise Canada, the Hindu nationalist front group, seems involved as well.

link
     Reply #4 - April 10, 2017, 08:17 PM

Any international links?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #5 - April 11, 2017, 02:58 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. By the standards of this forum, this IS an international story, with international links, because they're non-UK.

Do you mean non-Canadian links? I'd be surprised if this is getting much coverage elsewhere, since in comparison to things like Trump's travel-ban and Marine Le Pen's presidential campaign, it's pretty small-time stuff. I'd imagine it might have been picked up by some of the sites in the anti-Islamicist blogsphere, but I really can't say. Maybe I'll check around.
     Reply #6 - April 11, 2017, 03:05 PM

I was asking if the groups mentioned have international links. For instance, do the hindu nationalists mentioned have links to the hindu nationalist movement in India?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #7 - April 11, 2017, 03:10 PM

Heh. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes, I believe Ron Banarjee, the all-around pain-in-the-ass who runs Rise Canada, does indeed have links with the Hindu nationalist movement in India. I won't go into much more detail until I can find some links(of the cyber variety) about his connections.

And of course, Pegida is European in origin, but I don't know what degree of association they have with their trans-Atlantic brethren.
     Reply #8 - April 11, 2017, 03:35 PM

An older blog post about Hindu Advocacy providing security for the Jewish Defense League at a tele-conference that also included the EDL in the UK.

Can't find anything definite about any Indian links, but I'm sure Banarjee is connected with them, one way or another. Informal sources say he's an open supporter of the BJP.
     Reply #9 - April 11, 2017, 03:40 PM

Cheers. Afro

Reply #10 - May 03, 2017, 05:18 AM

Another Canadian group with foreign links, this time to Finland...

A far-right group that expanded quickly across Canada, to the alarm of anti-racism activists, is now fragmenting amid infighting.

The group, Soldiers of Odin, was founded in 2015 by a Finnish white supremacist concerned about the influx of Muslim refugees in that Nordic country.

Its Canadian affiliate, Soldiers of Odin Canada, now appears to be divided over whether to follow the group's hardline European leaders.

Funny photo of the Saskatchewan chapter posing in front of a Tim Hortons(supposed Canadian icon, but the hype is kind of manufactured, in my opinion).

CBC
     Reply #11 - May 03, 2017, 01:25 PM

I remember the Soldiers of Odin. Grin Some muslims actually formed Soldiers of Allah as a response. Haven't heard much of either lately.

Reply #12 - May 04, 2017, 01:42 AM

Heh. Wiki labels them as an "NGO".  Like, there's Oxfam, the Red Cross, and Soldiers Of Odin.

One might get an exaggerated idea of their importance in Canada via that article I posted. The Kellie Leitch crowd almost certainly have more influence.

Reply #13 - June 26, 2017, 04:37 PM

Canadian PM Trudeau wears Eid Mubarak socks to Pride Parade...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ybzffo75

Presumbaly he's trying to send the message that, yes, you can be pro-Muslim AND pro-glbqt at the same time. Not sure how this will go over with Muslims who disagree with that.
     Reply #14 - June 26, 2017, 05:11 PM

Canadian PM Trudeau wears Eid Mubarak socks to Pride Parade...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/ybzffo75

Presumbaly he's trying to send the message that, yes,  you can be pro-Muslim AND pro-glbqt at the same time.

why not??  yes you can.,  dear overoceans...

Not sure how this will go over with Muslims who disagree with that.

Well Ask them to learn Islam by reading QURAN ONLY.... if they don't learn that screw them...

sorry "screw them" is not good word...  .let me use Qtian language ....

Fuck the  fuckers throw them  overoceans from a plane

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #15 - June 27, 2017, 01:26 AM

Yeah, for the record, I wasn't disagreeing that you can be pro-Muslim and pro-glbqt at the same time.

Reply #16 - August 26, 2017, 08:06 PM

PEGIDA is at it again...

Police arrested two people Saturday during the largest protest in recent memory in London, Ont., which pitted anti-Islam groups against counter-protesters.

Up to 500 people gathered in front of City Hall during the two-hour event, police estimated.

Emotions ran high, with shoving and yelling. A large police presence kept the sides apart.

A group called the Patriots of Canada Against the Islamization of the West (PEGIDA) had organized the rally on social media. Other far-right groups — including one called the Three Per Cent — had supporters there. They were wearing camouflage and black flak jackets.

CBC
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »