Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New here..
Today at 01:43 PM

Conference on Freedom of ...
Today at 01:38 PM

Discussion about "My Orde...
Today at 05:18 AM

Richard Dawkins event can...
Today at 02:23 AM

Greetings ! My story:
Today at 12:53 AM

Idle Thoughts
Today at 12:43 AM

MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
Today at 12:28 AM

كنت اعتقد انه على ما يرام...
by akay
Yesterday at 07:19 PM

25 killed in blast near L...
Yesterday at 06:49 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
Yesterday at 06:31 PM

Everything to debunk day ...
Yesterday at 05:05 PM

24 killed as car bomb exp...
Yesterday at 02:00 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Love and compassion

(Read 6875 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #120 - May 16, 2017, 08:16 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWmGwUolEL4

indeed it proves most kindest species in this universe.

. really?? Does it  really prove that??

What famous non-Muslims said about Islam and Prophet Muhammad PBUH
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    I hope the time is not far off when I shall be able to unite all the wise and educated men of all the countries and establish a uniform regime based on the principles of Quran which alone are true and which alone can lead men to happiness.

Sir George Bernard Shaw
    I have always held the religion of Muhammad in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality. It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capacity to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age. I have studied him - the wonderful man and in my opinion far from being an anti-Christ, he must be called the Saviour of Humanity.
    I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much needed peace and happiness: I have prophesied about the faith of Muhammad that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today.

H.G. Wells
    The Islamic teachings have left great traditions for equitable and gentle dealings and behaviour, and inspire people with nobility and tolerance. These are human teachings of the highest order and at the same time practicable. These teachings brought into existence a society in which hard-heartedness and collective oppression and injustice were the least as compared with all other societies preceding it… Islam is replete with gentleness, courtesy, and fraternity.

Phillip Hitti
    During all the first part of the Middle Ages, no other people made as important a contribution to human progress as did the Arabs, if we take this term to mean all those whose mother-tongue was Arabic, and not merely those living in the Arabian peninsula. For centuries, Arabic was the language of learning, culture and intellectual progress for the whole of the civilized world with the exception of the Far East. From the 9th to the 12th century there were more philosophical, medical, historical, religious, astronomical and geographical works written in Arabic than in any other human tongue.

R. Bosworth Smith
    He was Caesar and Pope in one; but he was Pope without Pope’s pretensions, Caesar without the legions of Caesar: without a standing army, without a bodyguard, without a palace, without a fixed revenue; if ever any man had the right to say that he ruled by the right divine, it was Mohammed, for he had all the power without its instruments and without its supports. He cared not for the dressings of power. The simplicity of his private life was in keeping with his public life.

Sarojini Naidu
    It was the first religion that preached and practised democracy; for, in the mosque, when the call for prayer is sounded and worshippers are gathered together, the democracy of Islam is embodied five times a day when the peasant and king kneel side by side and proclaim: ‘God Alone is Great’

Dr. William Draper
    Four years after the death of Justinian, A.D. 569, was born in Mecca, in Arabia, the man who, of all men, has exercised the greatest influence upon the human race… To be the religious head of many empires, to guide the daily life of one-third of the human race, may perhaps justify the title of a Messenger of God.

Thomas Carlyle
    The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only.
    A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world, the world’s Maker had ordered so.

A. S. Tritton
    The picture of the Muslim soldier advancing with a sword in one hand and the Qur’an in the other is quite false.

De Lacy O’Leary
    History makes it clear, however, that the legend of fanatical Muslims sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated.

Gibbon
    The good sense of Muhammad despised the pomp of royalty. The Apostle of God submitted to the menial offices of the family; he kindled the fire; swept the floor; milked the ewes; and mended with his own hands his shoes and garments. Disdaining the penance and merit of a hermit, he observed without effort of vanity the abstemious diet of an Arab.

Edward Gibbon and Simon Oakley
    The greatest success of Mohammad’s life was effected by sheer moral force.

Edward Montet
    Islam is a religion that is essentially rationalistic in the widest sense of this term considered etymologically and historically… the teachings of the Prophet, the Qur’an has invariably kept its place as the fundamental starting point, and the dogma of unity of God has always been proclaimed therein with a grandeur a majesty, an invariable purity and with a note of sure conviction, which it is hard to find surpassed outside the pale of Islam… A creed so precise, so stripped of all theological complexities and consequently so accessible to the ordinary understanding might be expected to possess and does indeed possess a marvellous power of winning its way into the consciences of men.

Mahatma Gandhi
    I wanted to know the best of the life of one who holds today an undisputed sway over the hearts of millions of mankind… I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the Prophet the scrupulous regard for pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and in his own mission. These and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every obstacle. When I closed the second volume (of the Prophet’s biography), I was sorry there was not more for me to read of that great life.

Alphonse de LaMartaine
    If greatness of purpose, smallness of means, and astonishing results are the three criteria of a human genius, who could dare compare any great man in history with Muhammad? The most famous men created arms, laws, and empires only. They founded, if anything at all, no more than material powers which often crumbled away before their eyes. This man moved not only armies, legislations, empires, peoples, dynasties, but millions of men in one-third of the then inhabited world; and more than that, he moved the altars, the gods, the religions, the ideas, the beliefs and the souls.

Michael Hart
    My choice of Muhammad to lead the list of the world’s most influential persons may surprise some readers and may be questioned by others, but he was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both the secular and religious level.
    …It is probable that the relative influence of Muhammad on Islam has been larger than the combined influence of Jesus Christ and St. Paul on Christianity. .
    ..It is this unparalleled combination of secular and religious influence which I feel entitles Muhammad to be considered the most influential single figure in human history.

Rodwell
    Mohammad’s career is a wonderful instance of the force and life that resides in him who possesses an intense faith in God and in the unseen world. He will always be regarded as one of those who have had that influence over the faith, morals and whole earthly life of their fellow men, which none but a really great man ever did, or can exercise; and whose efforts to propagate a great verity will prosper.

W. Montgomery Watt
    His readiness to undergo persecution for his beliefs, the high moral character of the men who believed in him and looked up to him as a leader, and the greatness of his ultimate achievement - all argue his fundamental integrity. To suppose Muhammad an impostor raises more problems that it solves. Moreover, none of the great figures of history is so poorly appreciated in the West as Muhammad…
    Thus, not merely must we credit Muhammad with essential honesty and integrity of purpose, if we are to understand him at all; if we are to correct the errors we have inherited from the past, we must not forget the conclusive proof is a much stricter requirement than a show of plausibility, and in a matter such as this only to be attained with difficulty.

D. G. Hogarth in ‘Arabia’
    Serious or trivial, his daily behaviour has instituted a canon which millions observe this day with conscious memory. No one regarded by any section of the human race as Perfect Man has ever been imitated so minutely.The conduct of the founder of Christianity has not governed the ordinary life of his followers. Moreover, no founder of a religion has left on so solitary an eminence as the Muslim apostle.

Washington Irving
    He was sober and abstemious in his diet and a rigorous observer of fasts. He indulged in no magnificence of apparel, the ostentation of a petty mind; neither was his simplicity in dress affected but a result of real disregard for distinction from so trivial a source.
    In his private dealings he was just. He treated friends and strangers, the rich and poor, the powerful and weak, with equity, and was beloved by the common people for the affability with which he received them, and listened to their complaints.
    His military triumphs awakened no pride nor vain glory, as they would have done had they been effected for selfish purposes. In the time of his greatest power he maintained the same simplicity of manners and appearance as in the days of his adversity. So far from affecting a regal state, he was displeased if, on entering a room, any unusual testimonials of respect were shown to him. If he aimed at a universal dominion, it was the dominion of faith; as to the temporal rule which grew up in his hands, as he used it without ostentation, so he took no step to perpetuate it in his family.

James Michener
    No other religion in history spread so rapidly as Islam. The West has widely believed that this surge of religion was made possible by the sword. But no modern scholar accepts this idea, and the Qur’an is explicit in the support of the freedom of conscience.
    What non muslims said about the Prophet of islam - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHbZYPY5zNM

The opinion of Non-muslims upon the Holy Prophet ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyEPoVo4RMU
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #121 - May 16, 2017, 08:17 AM

qibla change in islam

There are more than 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, and each time they pray, they turn their faces in one direction, towards Mecca.  The Islamic term for this direction is qibla.  When a Muslim prepares to pray, no matter where he is, he turns towards the qibla, the direction of the Kaba.  The Kaba is a small cube shaped building in the courtyard of the mosque known as Masjid Al Haram, in the city of Mecca, in the country of Saudi Arabia.

“For every nation there is a direction to which they face (in their prayers).  So hasten towards all that is good.  Wheresoever you may be, God will bring you together (on the Day of Resurrection).  Truly, God is Able to do all things.  And from wheresoever you start forth (for prayers), turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid-al-Haram (at Mecca), that is indeed the truth from your Lord.  And God is not unaware of what you do.” (Quran 2:148-149)

Muslims do not worship the Kaba, or its contents, it is simply a focal point.  Muslims worship One God, the Most Merciful, and the Most Wise.  God decreed that when Muslims pray they all face one direction.  It is a sign of unity that encapsulates the unity embedded in the religion of Islam.

The Arabic word for prayer is salah and it demotes a connection between the believer and God; when all believers face the same direction it adds an extra dimension to the connection.  The prayer connects the believers to God and the qibla connects the believers to one another.  It has been said that if one could observe all the Muslims at prayer we would be able to see lines of worshippers bowing and prostrating like the petals of a flower opening and closing in unison.

The qibla was not always oriented towards Mecca.  The first Muslims prayed towards the al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem.  Around sixteen months after Prophet Muhammad and his followers migrated from Mecca to the city of Medina, the qibla was changed to the Kaba.  According to accounts by Prophet Muhammad's companions, the change happened very suddenly.  During the noon prayer, Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him, received a revelation from God instructing him to, "Turn your face towards the Masjid al Haram".

“Thus, we have made you real believers in Islamic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad and his legal ways, a just nation, witnesses over mankind and the Messenger a witness over you.  And We made the Qibla (prayer direction towards Jerusalem) which you used to face, only to test those who followed the Messenger from those who would turn on their heels (i.e. disobey the Messenger).  Indeed, it was great (heavy) except for those whom God guided.  And God would never make your prayers to be lost (i.e. your prayers offered towards Jerusalem).  Truly, God is full of kindness, the Most Merciful towards humankind.”

“Verily!  We have seen the turning of your (Muhammad) face towards the heaven.  Surely, We shall turn you to a Qibla (prayer direction) that shall please you, so turn your face in the direction of Al-Masjid- al-Haram (at Mecca).  And wheresoever you people are, turn your faces (in prayer) in that direction...” (Quran 2:143-144)

Changing the direction of prayer establishes Mecca as the fixed central point for worship.  It establishes a common sense or purpose.

Throughout the centuries, mathematicians and astronomers have established correct ways to determine the qibla (direction) from any point on the earth’s surface.  There are two precise moments each year when the sun is directly above the Kaba, thus the direction of shadows in any sunlit place will point away from the qibla.  There are also two moments per year when the sun is directly over the exact opposite position of the Kaba, thus pointing towards the qibla.

It is important the Muslims make every effort to face the right direction when praying; however, slight deviations do not invalidate a person’s prayer.  Prophet Muhammad said, “What is between the east and the west is qibla”.[1]  Nowadays it is easy to locate the qibla.  It is a simple matter to look at a map and draw a line between your location and the city of Mecca.  Compasses and computer programs that locate the qibla are readily available and most mosques throughout the world have a niche in the wall to indicate the qibla.

Islam is a religion of unity.  Muslims are united by their belief in One God.  They are one brotherhood united in the language and ritual of prayer and united by the direction of their worship.  The qibla is not only about degrees of latitude or longitude it is about unity.  It is about humankind united in the worship of the One God, Creator, and Sustainer of the universe.

Change Of Qibla From Jerusalem To Kaaba By Nouman Ali

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfeSLuLMeAo
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #122 - May 16, 2017, 04:57 PM

akay forgot the heading of the  folder  "Love and compassion"
    qibla ...
    ...Mecca.  .
    ...qibla.
    ...Kaba. 
     ..Haram,

well  let put some "Love and compassion"  here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIAk89nvLR8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrudR-kIB1k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxYiLzWee84
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDStH49W5Hk

Do not let silence become your legacy  
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Love and compassion
     Reply #123 - May 18, 2017, 06:49 AM

According to the Bible, God said to Moses, on whom be peace:

“I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.” (The Holy Bible, New International Version, Deuteronomy chapter 18, verse 18).

The prophet described in the above verse must have the following three characteristics:

1. He will be like Moses.
    2. He will come from the brothers of the Israelites, i.e. the Ishmaelites.
    3. God will put His words in the mouth of that prophet and he will declare what God commanded him.

Let us see which prophet God was speaking of.
    1. The prophet like Moses

Some people feel that this prophecy refers to the prophet Jesus, on whom be peace. But, although Jesus* was truly a prophet of God, he is not the prophet spoken of here. He was born miraculously, and, finally, God raised him up miraculously. On the other hand, Muhammad* is more like Moses*; both were born in a natural way and both died natural deaths. [Read more: A Prophet like unto Moses]
    2. From among the Ishmaelites

Abraham* had two sons, Ishmael* and Isaac* (Genesis, chapter 21). Ishmael* became the grandfather of the Arab nation, and Isaac became the grandfather of the Jewish nation. The prophet spoken of was to come not from among the Jews themselves, but from among their brothers, the Ishmaelites. Muhammad*, a descendant of Ishmael, is indeed that prophet. [Click here to find out about Islam's belief in Abraham.]
    3. God will put His words in his mouth

“Neither the content of the revelation, nor its form, were of Mohammed’s devising. Both were given by the angel, and Mohammed’s task was only to repeat what he heard.”(World Religions from Ancient History to the Present, by Geoffrey Parrinder, p. 472)

God sent the angel Gabriel* to teach Muhammad* the exact words that he should repeat to the people. The words are therefore not his own; they did not come from his own thoughts, but were put into his mouth by the angel. These are written down in the Qur’an, word for word exactly as they came from God. [Read more: Angels in Islam]

Now that we know that prophet we must listen to him, for, according to the Bible, God says: “I will punish anyone who refuses to obey him” (Good News Bible, Deut. 18:19).

Muhammad: A Prophet for Our Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09TI5CHQuac
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #124 - May 18, 2017, 02:20 PM

Do you really think that we haven't heard all of this propaganda before? Try some new dawah tactics, perhaps. I'm setting the bar low for you though.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #125 - May 19, 2017, 12:49 AM

This thread is so...

Seriously I tried to find something not too long on the Golden Rule and I found books instead.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #126 - May 19, 2017, 09:12 AM

Rambam's Guide for the Perplexed

PART ONE

p. 12 p. 13

"Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in."--(Isa. xxvi. 2.)

CHAPTER I

Some have been of opinion that by the Hebrew ẓelem, the shape and figure of a thing is to be understood, and this explanation led men to believe in the corporeality [of the Divine Being]: for they thought that the words "Let us make man in our ẓelem" (Gen. i. 26), implied that God had the form of a human being, i.e., that He had figure and shape, and that, consequently, He was corporeal. They adhered faithfully to this view, and thought that if they were to relinquish it they would eo ipso reject the truth of the Bible: and further, if they did not conceive God as having a body possessed of face and limbs, similar to their own in appearance, they would have to deny even the existence of God. The sole difference which they admitted, was that He excelled in greatness and splendour, and that His substance was not flesh and blood. Thus far went their conception of the greatness and glory of God. The incorporeality of the Divine Being, and His unity, in the true sense of the word--for there is no real unity without incorporeality--will be fully proved in the course of the present treatise. (Part II., ch. i.) In this chapter it is our sole intention to explain the meaning of the words ẓelem and demut. I hold that the Hebrew equivalent of "form" in the ordinary acceptation of the word, viz., the figure and shape of a thing, is toär. Thus we find "[And Joseph was] beautiful in toär ('form'), and beautiful in appearance" (Gen. xxxix. 6): "What form (toär) is he of?" (1 Sam. xxviii. 14): "As the form (toär) of the children of a king" (Judges viii. 18). It is also applied to form produced by human labour, as "He marketh its form (toär) with a line," "and he marketh its form (toär) with the compass" (Isa. xliv. 13). This term is not at all applicable to God. The term ẓelem, on the other hand, signifies the specific form, viz., that which constitutes the essence of a thing, whereby the thing is what it is; the reality of a thing in so far as it is that particular being. In man the "form" is that constituent which gives him human perception: and on account of this intellectual perception the term ẓelem is employed in the sentences "In the ẓelem of God he created him" (Gen. i. 27). It is therefore rightly said, "Thou despisest their ẓelem" (Ps. lxiii. 20); the "contempt" can only concern the soul--the specific form of man, not the properties and shape of his body. I am also of opinion that the reason why this term is used for "idols" may be found in the circumstance that they are worshipped on account of some idea represented by them, not on account of their figure and shape. For the same reason the term is used in the expression, "the forms (ẓalme) of your

p. 14

emerods" (1 Sam. vi. 5), for the chief object was the removal of the injury caused by the emerods, not a change of their shape. As, however, it must be admitted that the term ẓelem is employed in these two cases, viz. "the images of the emerods" and "the idols" on account of the external shape, the term ẓelem is either a homonym or a hybrid term, and would denote both the specific form and the outward shape, and similar properties relating to the dimensions and the shape of material bodies; and in the phrase "Let us make man in our ẓelem" (Gen. i. 26), the term signifies "the specific form" of man, viz., his intellectual perception, and does not refer to his "figure" or "shape." Thus we have shown the difference between ẓelem and toär, and explained the meaning of ẓelem.

Demut is derived from the verb damah, "he is like." This term likewise denotes agreement with regard to some abstract relation: comp. "I am like a pelican of the wilderness" (Ps. cii. 7); the author does not compare himself to the pelican in point of wings and feathers, but in point of sadness." Nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in beauty" (Ezek. Cool; the comparison refers to the idea of beauty. "Their poison is like the poison of a serpent" (Ps. lviii. 5); "He is like unto a lion" (Ps. xvii. 12); the resemblance indicated in these passages does not refer to the figure and shape, but to some abstract idea. In the same manner is used "the likeness of the throne" (Ezek. i. 26); the comparison is made with regard to greatness and glory, not, as many believe, with regard to its square form, its breadth, or the length of its legs: this explanation applies also to the phrase "the likeness of the ḥayyot ("living creatures," Ezek. i. 13).

As man's distinction consists in a property which no other creature on earth possesses, viz., intellectual perception, in the exercise of which he does not employ his senses, nor move his hand or his foot, this perception has been compared--though only apparently, not in truth--to the Divine perception, which requires no corporeal organ. On this account, i.e., on account of the Divine intellect with which man has been endowed, he is said to have been made in the form and likeness of the Almighty, but far from it be the notion that the Supreme Being is corporeal, having a material form.

CHAPTER II

Some years ago a learned man asked me a question of great importance; the problem and the solution which we gave in our reply deserve the closest attention. Before, however, entering upon this problem and its solution I must premise that every Hebrew knows that the term Elohim is a homonym, and denotes God, angels, judges, and the rulers of countries, and that Onkelos the proselyte explained it in the true and correct manner by taking Elohim in the sentence, "and ye shall be like Elohim" (Gen. iii. 5) in the last-mentioned meaning, and rendering the sentence "and ye shall be like princes." Having pointed out the homonymity of the term "Elohim" we return to the question under consideration. "It would at first sight," said the objector, "appear from Scripture that man was originally intended to be perfectly equal to the rest of the animal creation, which is not endowed with intellect, reason, or power of distinguishing between good and evil: but that Adam's disobedience to the command of God procured him that great perfection

p. 15

which is the peculiarity of man, viz., the power of distinguishing between good and evil-the noblest of all the faculties of our nature, the essential characteristic of the human race. It thus appears strange that the punishment for rebelliousness should be the means of elevating man to a pinnacle of perfection to which he had not attained previously. This is equivalent to saying that a certain man was rebellious and extremely wicked, wherefore his nature was changed for the better, and he was made to shine as a star in the heavens." Such was the purport and subject of the question, though not in the exact words of the inquirer. Now mark our reply, which was as follows:--"You appear to have studied the matter superficially, and nevertheless you imagine that you can understand a book which has been the guide of past and present generations, when you for a moment withdraw from your lusts and appetites, and glance over its contents as if you were reading a historical work or some poetical composition. Collect your thoughts and examine the matter carefully, for it is not to be understood as you at first sight think, but as you will find after due deliberation; namely, the intellect which was granted to man as the highest endowment, was bestowed on him before his disobedience. With reference to this gift the Bible states that "man was created in the form and likeness of God." On account of this gift of intellect man was addressed by God, and received His commandments, as it is said: "And the Lord God commanded Adam" (Gen. ii. 16)--for no commandments are given to the brute creation or to those who are devoid of understanding. Through the intellect man distinguishes between the true and the false. This faculty Adam possessed perfectly and completely. The right and the wrong are terms employed in the science of apparent truths (morals), not in that of necessary truths, as, e.g., it is not correct to say, in reference to the proposition "the heavens are spherical," it is "good" or to declare the assertion that "the earth is flat" to be "bad": but we say of the one it is true, of the other it is false. Similarly our language expresses the idea of true and false by the terms emet and sheker, of the morally right and the morally wrong, by tob and ra’. Thus it is the function of the intellect to discriminate between the true and the false--a distinction which is applicable to all objects of intellectual perception. When Adam was yet in a state of innocence, and was guided solely by reflection and reason--on account of which it is said: "Thou hast made him (man) little lower than the angels" (Ps. viii. 6)--he was not at all able to follow or to understand the principles of apparent truths; the most manifest impropriety, viz., to appear in a state of nudity, was nothing unbecoming according to his idea: he could not comprehend why it should be so. After man's disobedience, however, when he began to give way to desires which had their source in his imagination and to the gratification of his bodily appetites, as it is said, "And the wife saw that the tree was good for food and delightful to the eyes" (Gen. iii. 6), he was punished by the loss of part of that intellectual faculty which he had previously possessed. He therefore transgressed a command with which he had been charged on the score of his reason; and having obtained a knowledge of the apparent truths, he was wholly absorbed in the study of what is proper and what improper. Then he fully understood the magnitude of the loss he had sustained, what he had forfeited, and in what situation he was thereby placed. Hence we read, "And ye shall be like

p. 16

elohim, knowing good and evil," and not "knowing" or "discerning the true and the false": while in necessary truths we can only apply the words "true and false," not "good and evil." Further observe the passage, "And the eyes of both were opened, and they knew they were naked" (Gen. iii. 7): it is not said, "And the eyes of both were opened, and they saw"; for what the man had seen previously and what he saw after this circumstance was precisely the same: there had been no blindness which was now removed, but he received a new faculty whereby he found things wrong which previously he had not regarded as wrong. Besides, you must know that the Hebrew word pakaḥ used in this passage is exclusively employed in the figurative sense of receiving new sources of knowledge, not in that of regaining the sense of sight. Comp., "God opened her eyes" (Gen. xxi. 19). "Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened" (Isaiah xxxviii. Cool. "Open ears, he heareth not" (ibid. Xlii. 20), similar in sense to the verse, "Which have eyes to see, and see not" (Ezek. xii. 2). When, however, Scripture says of Adam, "He changed his face (panav) and thou sentest him forth" Job xiv. 20), it must be understood in the following way: On account of the change of his original aim he was sent away. For panim, the Hebrew equivalent of face, is derived from the verb panah, "he turned," and signifies also "aim," because man generally turns his face towards the thing he desires. In accordance with this interpretation, our text suggests that Adam, as he altered his intention and directed his thoughts to the acquisition of what he was forbidden, he was banished from Paradise: this was his punishment; it was measure for measure. At first he had the privilege of tasting pleasure and happiness, and of enjoying repose and security; but as his appetites grew stronger, and he followed his desires and impulses, (as we have already stated above), and partook of the food he was forbidden to taste, he was deprived of everything, was doomed to subsist on the meanest kind of food, such as he never tasted before, and this even only after exertion and labour, as it is said, "Thorns and thistles shall grow up for thee" (Gen. iii. 18), "By the sweat of thy brow," etc., and in explanation of this the text continues, "And the Lord God drove him from the Garden of Eden, to till the ground whence he was taken." He was now with respect to food and many other requirements brought to the level of the lower animals: comp., "Thou shalt eat the grass of the field" (Gen. iii. 18). Reflecting on his condition, the Psalmist says, "Adam unable to dwell in dignity, was brought to the level of the dumb beast" (Ps. xlix. 13)." May the Almighty be praised, whose design and wisdom cannot be fathomed."

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #127 - May 19, 2017, 09:51 AM

Love and compassion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5SZVmsFxxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_5U0M9ErGA

Rest in Peace Chris....

• Love and compassion
     Reply #128 - May 23, 2017, 08:34 AM

طفل يقوم بدعوة حارس الامن الى الاسلام والنتيجة!! - ذاكر نايك Zakir Naik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BQk7j0mp2w

فلبيني يسأل الدكتور ذاكر سؤال من اكثر الاسئلة جمالاً!! - ذاكر نايك
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wre3XNICBMg

محاضرة الهدف من الخلق كاملة || ذاكر نايك - The Purpose of the Creation Full || Zakir Naik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U319Xzgfgn8
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #129 - May 23, 2017, 11:26 AM

Can I just say many thanks akay for creating this thread where we get to share some of our favorite very long texts. Reading random books is one of my favorite pastimes and you're making it a group activity.   piggy

THE TESTAMENT OF DAN

The Seventh Son of Jacob and Bilhah.

CHAP. I.

The seventh son of Jacob and Bilhah. The jealous one. He counsels against anger saying that "it giveth peculiar vision." This is a notable thesis on anger.

THE copy of the words of Dan, which he spake to his sons in his last days, in the hundred and twenty-fifth year of his life.

2 For he called together his I family, and said: Hearken to my words, ye sons of Dan; and give heed to the words of your father.

3 I have proved in my heart, and in my whole life, that truth

with just dealing is good and well pleasing to God, and that lying and anger are evil, because they teach man all wickedness.

4 I confess, therefore, this day to you, my children, that in my heart I resolved on the death of Joseph my brother, the true and good man. .

5 And I rejoiced that he was sold, because his father loved him more than us.

6 For the spirit of jealousy and vainglory said to me: Thou thyself also art his son.

7 And one of the spirits of Beliar stirred me up, saying: Take this sword, and with it slay

p. 248

Joseph: so shall thy father love thee when he is dead.

8 Now this is the spirit of anger that persuaded me to crush Joseph as a leopard crusheth a kid.

9 But the God of my fathers did not suffer him to fall into my hands, so that I should find him alone and slay him, and cause a second tribe to be destroyed in Israel.

10 And now, my children, behold I am dying, and I tell you of a truth, that unless ye keep yourselves from the spirit of lying and of anger, and love truth and longsuffering, ye shall perish.

11 For anger is blindness, and does not suffer one to see the face of any man with truth.

12 For though it be a father or a mother, he behaveth towards them as enemies; though it be a brother, he knoweth him not; though it be a prophet of the Lord, he disobeyeth him; though a righteous man, he regardeth him not; though a friend, he doth not acknowledge him.

13 For the spirit of anger encompasseth him with the net of deceit, and blindeth his eyes, and through lying darkeneth his mind, and giveth him its own peculiar vision.

14 And wherewith encompasseth it his eyes? With hatred of heart, so as to be envious of his brother.

15 For anger is an evil thing, my children, for it troubleth even the soul itself.

16 And the body of the angry man it maketh its own, and over his soul it getteth the mastery, and it bestoweth upon the body power that it may work all iniquity.

17 And when the body does all these things, the soul justifieth what is done, since it seeth not aright.

18 Therefore he that is wrathful, if he be a mighty man, hath a threefold power in his anger: one by the help of his servants; and a second by his wealth, whereby he persuadeth and overcometh wrongfully; and thirdly, having his own natural power he worketh thereby the evil.

19 And though the wrathful man be weak, yet hath he a power twofold of that which is by nature; for wrath ever aideth such in lawlessness.

20 This spirit goeth always with lying at the right hand of Satan, that with cruelty and lying his works may be wrought.

21 Understand ye, therefore, the power of wrath, that it is vain.

22 For it first of all giveth provocation by word; then by deeds it strengtheneth him who is angry, and with sharp losses disturbeth his mind, and so stirreth up with great wrath his soul.

23 Therefore, when any one. speaketh against you, be not ye moved to anger, and if any man praiseth you as holy men, be not uplifted: be not moved either to delight or to disgust.

24 For first it pleaseth the hearing, and so maketh the mind keen to perceive the grounds for provocation; and then being enraged, he thinketh that he is justly angry.

25 If ye fall into any loss or ruin, my children, be not afflicted; for this very spirit maketh a man desire that which is perishable, in order that he may be enraged through the affliction.

26 And if ye suffer loss voluntarily, or involuntarily, be not vexed; for from vexation ariseth wrath with lying.

27 Moreover, a twofold mischief is wrath with lying; and they assist one another in order to disturb the heart; and when the soul is continually disturbed, the Lord departeth from it, and Beliar ruleth over it.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #130 - May 27, 2017, 07:53 AM

Ramadan Kareem (^_^)(^_^)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7VezcjXNec
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #131 - May 27, 2017, 01:53 PM

Ramadhan Mubarak.

• Love and compassion
     Reply #132 - May 31, 2017, 08:25 AM

thnkyu three
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #133 - July 02, 2017, 07:23 PM

Among the miracles that were granted to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, as divine support for his Da‘wah (call) and a means of uplifting his status, was the speech of inanimate objects and animals to him. This matter had a great effect on souls, stimulated minds and drew people's attention to the Da‘wah. It also proved to people that the Da‘wah was true and real and supported by arguments and evidence. Therefore, it was only appropriate for sensible people to accept it and follow the great religion of Islam which brings them benefits, wards off harm, elevates their position among nations and guarantees for them happiness in both worlds.

Indeed, inanimate objects and animals spoke: food exalted Allaah The Almighty, stones and trees saluted the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, the trunk of a palm tree yearned for him, and a camel complained to him. These miracles and lessons certainly occurred and were authentically narrated so that they would be believed and accepted - even if they might contradict human reason.

Among the inanimate objects that Allah The Almighty made to speak to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, was food. Once, while it was being eaten, some food exalted Allaah The Almighty and the Companions heard its exaltation. ‘Abdullaah ibn Mas‘ood said,"We were with the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said: ‘Bring the remaining water with you.’People brought a utensil containing a little water. He dipped his hand in it and said:'Come to the blessed water - and the Blessing is from Allaah!’ I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of the Messenger, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, and we certainly heard the food glorifying Allaah when it was being eaten [by him]." [Al-Bukhaari]

In Al-Fat’h, Al-Haafith Ibn Hajar mentioned that grapes, ripe dates and gravel all exalted Allaah The Almighty.

It is also mentioned in this regard that stones, mountains and trees would greet the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. It was narrated on the authority of Jaabir ibn Samurah that the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said: "I recognize a stone in Makkah which would salute me before my commissioning as a Prophet. I still recognize it." [Muslim]

As another example, ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib said,“I was once with the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, in Makkah and we went out to some location. Every mountain and tree which the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, passed by would salute him,[(saying], 'Peace be upon you, O Messenger of Allaah.''' [At-Tirmithi and Ad-Daarimi. Saheeh - Al-Albaani]

Moreover, the tree-trunk which the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, would stand beside while giving his Khutbah (Friday sermon) was one of the inanimate objects which talked to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. Ibn ‘Umar said,“The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, would deliver his Khutbah while standing beside a trunk (of a palm-tree). When he had the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk therefore began weeping, and so the Prophet went to it and rubbed his hand over it [to stop it crying]." [Al-Bukhaari]

Another wording states, "The trunk bellowed like a bull such that the mosque shook." [Ad-Daarimi]

A third wording states, "The trunk bellowed until it cracked and split." [Ahmad]

Also, the speech of animals was another miracle with which Allaah The Almighty honored His Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. There was a camel who complained to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, about the injustice of its owner. ‘Abdullaah ibn Ja‘far said,The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, let me ride behind him one day and told me something in secret which I will not divulge to anyone. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, would mostly prefer to relieve himself whilst hiding behind a high object or in a garden of small palm-trees. He once entered a garden that belonged to a man from Al-Ansaar. There he found a camel which moaned and shed tears when it saw the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, went to it and rubbed the top and bottom of its ears, and it consequently stopped moaning. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, then asked:'Who is the owner of this camel? Whose camel is this?'A young man from the Ansaar [helpers] came and said, ‘It is mine, O Messenger of Allaah.’ Thereupon, the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, said:‘Will you not fear Allaah with regard to this beast which Allaah The Almighty caused you to possess? It complained to me that you starve it and exhaust it."” [Ahmad and Abu Dawood. Al-Albaani - Saheeh]

Exalted is Allaah who made inanimate objects and animals speak to the Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, and made this a miracle that proved the veracity of his Prophethood and Da‘wah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXIyR8c66bg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKTedzgBqyI
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #134 - July 02, 2017, 08:50 PM

"On The Turning Away"

On the turning away
    From the pale and downtrodden
    And the words they say
    Which we won't understand
    "Don't accept that what's happening
    Is just a case of others' suffering
    Or you'll find that you're joining in
    The turning away"
    It's a sin that somehow
    Light is changing to shadow
    And casting it's shroud
    Over all we have known
    Unaware how the ranks have grown
    Driven on by a heart of stone
    We could find that we're all alone
    In the dream of the proud
    On the wings of the night
    As the daytime is stirring
    Where the speechless unite
    In a silent accord
    Using words you will find are strange
    Mesmerised as they light the flame
    Feel the new wind of change
    On the wings of the night
    No more turning away
    From the weak and the weary
    No more turning away
    From the coldness inside
    Just a world that we all must share
    It's not enough just to stand and stare
    Is it only a dream that there'll be
    No more turning away?

-Pink Floyd

• Love and compassion
     Reply #135 - July 02, 2017, 09:38 PM

I wonder what akay's motive is. After all, no one actually takes him/her seriously.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #136 - July 02, 2017, 11:22 PM

He is just trying to convince himself that he ought to remain a Muslim. Sooner or later he will drop the brainwashing techniques for a few months and have some independent thought. There will be room for growth after that.

• Love and compassion
     Reply #137 - July 02, 2017, 11:25 PM

He doth protest too much  Wink
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #138 - July 03, 2017, 12:08 AM

Ameen!

• Love and compassion
     Reply #139 - July 03, 2017, 01:19 AM

The Prologue.

The sacrificer speaks:

1. To what splendour do the Maruts all equally 1 cling 2, they who are of the same age, and dwell in the same nest? With what thoughts?—from whence are they come 3? Do these heroes sing forth their (own) strength 4, wishing for wealth?

2. Whose prayers have the youths accepted? Who has turned the Maruts to his own sacrifice? By what strong desire 1 may we arrest them, they who float through the air like hawks?

The Dialogue.

The Maruts speak:

3. From whence 1, O Indra, dost thou come alone, thou who art mighty? O lord of men 2, what has thus happened to thee? Thou greetest (us) 3 when thou comest together with (us), the bright (Maruts) 4. Tell us then, thou with thy bay horses, what thou hast against us!

Indra speaks:

4. The sacred songs are mine, (mine are) the prayers 1; sweet 2 are the libations! My strength rises 3, my thunderbolt is hurled forth. They call for me, the hymns yearn for me. Here are my horses, they carry me hither.

The Maruts speak:

5. From thence, in company with our strong

p. 180

friends 1, having adorned our bodies, we now harness our fallow deer 2 with all our might 3;—for, Indra, according to custom, thou hast come to be with us.

Indra speaks:

6. Where, O Maruts, was that custom with you, when you left me alone in the killing of Ahi? I indeed am terrible, powerful, strong,—I escaped from the blows of every enemy 1.

The Maruts speak:

7. Thou hast achieved much with us as companions 1. With equal valour, O hero! let us achieve then many things, O thou most powerful, O Indra! whatever we, O Maruts, wish with our mind 2.

Indra speaks:

8. I slew Vritra, O Maruts, with (Indra's) might, having grown powerful through my own vigour; I, who hold the thunderbolt in my arms, have made these all-brilliant waters to flow freely for man 1.

The Maruts speak:

9. Nothing, O mighty lord, is strong 1 before thee: no one is known among the gods 2 like unto thee. No one who is now born 3 comes near, no one who has been born. Do what thou wilt do 4, thou who art grown so strong.

Indra speaks:

10. Almighty strength be mine alone, whatever I may do, daring in my heart 1; for I indeed, O Maruts, am known as terrible: of all that I threw down, I, Indra, am the lord.

Indra speaks:

11. O Maruts, now your praise has pleased me, the glorious hymn which you have made for me, ye

p. 181

men!—for me, for Indra, for the joyful hero, as friends for a friend, for your own sake, and by your own efforts 1.

Indra speaks:

12. Truly, there they are, shining towards me, bringing blameless glory, bringing food. O Maruts, wherever I have looked for you, you have appeared to me in bright splendour: appear to me also now!

The Epilogue.

The sacrificer speaks:

13. Who has magnified you here, O Maruts? Come hither, O friends, towards your friends. Ye brilliant Maruts, welcoming 1 these prayers, be mindful 2 of these my rites.

14. The wisdom of Mânya has brought us hither, that he should help as the poet helps the performer of a sacrifice 1: turn hither quickly 2! Maruts, on to the sage! the singer has recited these prayers for you.

15. May this your praise, O Maruts, this song of Mândârya, the son of Mâna 1, the poet, bring offspring 2 for ourselves with food. May we have an invigorating autumn, with quickening rain 3.

source

• Love and compassion
     Reply #140 - July 03, 2017, 08:58 AM

Love and compassion  for akay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBKwtvnfYZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY2o-fqW3cY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNkmOah1WBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TympMmKUgvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HnrPHMbVC0

• Love and compassion
     Reply #141 - July 08, 2017, 08:02 AM

Allaah's Messenger was the kindest of men in the same way as he excelled all others in courage and valour. Being extremely kind-hearted, his eyes brimmed with tears at the slightest sign of inhumanity. A Companion, Shaddaad bin 'Aws reported the Apostle as saying: "Allaah has commanded you to show kindness to everyone, so if you have to kill, kill in a good manner, and if you slaughter an animal, slaughter it gently.

If anyone of you has to slay an animal, he should sharpen the blade first and treat the animal well." Ibn 'Abbaas relates that a man threw a goat on its side and then started sharpening his knife. When the Prophet saw him he said: "Do you want to kill it twice? Why did you not sharpen the knife before throwing it on the ground?"

A Mercy for the Believers
    The Messenger’s compassion towards the believers was of the utmost degree. The Quran describes his compassion in the following verse, which means: “There has certainly come to you a Messenger from among yourselves. Grievous to him is what you suffer; [he is] concerned over you [i.e., your guidance] and to the believers is kind and merciful.” [Quran: 9:128]
    Sa‘d bin ‘Ubaadah once became ill, so Allaah’s Messenger visited him in his house. On seeing his faithful Companion in a pitiful state, he was moved to tears. Then, he said: “Allaah does not punish because of tears, nor because of grief, but he punishes because of this."- and he pointed to his tongue. [Al-Bukhaari]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxzIE4xxrI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oh2RI4lxHQ
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #142 - July 08, 2017, 08:25 AM

1-9After Enlil's frown had slain Kic as if it were the Bull of Heaven, had slaughtered the house of the land of Unug in the dust as if it were a mighty bull, and then Enlil had given the rulership and kingship from the south as far as the highlands to Sargon, king of Agade -- at that time, holy Inana established the sanctuary of Agade as her celebrated woman's domain; she set up her throne in Ulmac.

10-24Like a young man building a house for the first time, like a girl establishing a woman's domain, holy Inana did not sleep as she ensured that the warehouses would be provisioned; that dwellings would be founded in the city; that its people would eat splendid food; that its people would drink splendid beverages; that those bathed for holidays would rejoice in the courtyards; that the people would throng the places of celebration; that acquaintances would dine together; that foreigners would cruise about like unusual birds in the sky; that even Marhaci would be re-entered on the tribute rolls; that monkeys, mighty elephants, water buffalo, exotic animals, as well as thoroughbred dogs, lions, mountain ibexes (some mss. have instead: mountain beasts (?)) (some mss. have instead: horses), and alum sheep with long wool would jostle each other in the public squares.

25-39She then filled Agade's stores for emmer wheat with gold, she filled its stores for white emmer wheat with silver; she delivered copper, tin, and blocks of lapis lazuli to its granaries and sealed its silos from outside. She endowed its old women with the gift of giving counsel, she endowed its old men with the gift of eloquence. She endowed its young women with the gift of entertaining, she endowed its young men with martial might, she endowed its little ones with joy. The nursemaids who cared for (some mss. have instead: of) the general's children played the aljarsur instruments. Inside the city tigi drums sounded; outside it, flutes and zamzam instruments. Its harbour where ships moored was full of joy. All foreign lands rested contentedly, and their people experienced happiness.

40-56Its king, the shepherd Naram-Suen, rose as the daylight on the holy throne of Agade. Its city wall , like a mountain, (1 ms. has instead: , a great mountain,) reached the heavens. It was like the Tigris going to (some mss. have instead: flowing into) the sea as holy Inana opened the portals of its city-gates and made Sumer bring its own possessions upstream by boats. The highland Martu, people ignorant of agriculture, brought spirited cattle and kids for her. The Meluhans, the people of the black land, brought exotic wares (some mss. have instead: wares of foreign countries) up to her. Elam and Subir loaded themselves with goods for her as if they were packasses. All the governors, the temple administrators (1 ms. has instead: generals), and the accountants of the Gu-edina regularly supplied the monthly and New Year offerings. What a weariness all these caused at Agade's city gates! Holy Inana could hardly receive all these offerings. As if she were a citizen there, she could not restrain (?) the desire (?) to prepare the ground for a temple.

57-65But the statement coming from the E-kur was disquieting. Because of Enlil (?) all Agade was reduced (?) to trembling, and terror befell Inana in Ulmac. She left the city, returning to her home. Holy Inana abandoned the sanctuary of Agade like someone abandoning the young women of her woman's domain. Like a warrior hurrying to arms, she removed (some mss. have instead: tore away) the gift of battle and fight from the city and handed them over to the enemy.

66-76Not even five or ten days had passed and Ninurta brought the jewels of rulership, the royal crown, the emblem and the royal throne bestowed on Agade, back into his E-cumeca. Utu took away the eloquence of the city. Enki took away its wisdom. An took up (some mss. have instead: out) (1 ms. has instead: away) into the midst of heaven its fearsomeness that reaches heaven. Enki tore out its well-anchored holy mooring pole from the abzu. Inana took away its weapons.

77-82The life of Agade's sanctuary was brought to an end as if it had been only the life of a tiny carp in the deep waters, and all the cities were watching it. Like a mighty elephant, it bent its neck to the ground while they all raised their horns like mighty bulls. Like a dying dragon, it dragged its head on the earth and they jointly deprived it of honour as in a battle.

83-93Naram-Suen saw in a nocturnal vision that Enlil would not let the kingdom of Agade occupy a pleasant, lasting residence, that he would make its future altogether unfavourable, that he would make its temples shake and would scatter its treasures (1 ms. has instead: destroy its treasuries). He realized what the dream was about, but did not put into words, and did not discuss it with anyone. (1 ms. adds 2 lines: ...... temples shake ......, ...... perform (?) extispicy regarding (?) his temple .......) Because of the E-kur, he put on mourning clothes, covered his chariot with a reed mat (1 ms. has instead: pulled out the outside pin of his chariot), tore the reed canopy off his ceremonial barge (1 ms. has instead: the prow of his ceremonial barge) (1 ms. has instead: the cabin of his ceremonial barge), and gave away his royal paraphernalia. Naram-Suen persisted for seven years! Who has ever seen a king burying his head in his hands for seven years? (some mss. add the line: He realized what the dream was about, but did not put into words, and did not discuss it with anyone.)

94-99Then he went to perform extispicy on a kid regarding the temple, but the omen had nothing to say about the building of the temple. For a second time he went to perform extispicy on a kid regarding the temple, but the omen again had nothing to say about the building of the temple. In order to change what had been inflicted (?) upon him, he tried to to alter Enlil's pronouncement.

100-119Because his subjects were dispersed, he now began a mobilization of his troops. Like a wrestler who is about to enter the great courtyard, he ...... his hands towards (?) the E-kur. Like an athlete bent to start a contest, he treated the giguna as if it were worth only thirty shekels. Like a robber plundering the city, he set tall ladders against the temple. To demolish E-kur as if it were a huge ship, to break up its soil like the soil of mountains where precious metals are mined, to splinter it like the lapis lazuli mountain, to prostrate it, like a city inundated by Ickur. Though the temple was not a mountain where cedars are felled, he had large axes cast, he had double-edged agasilig axes sharpened to be used against it. He set spades against its roots and it sank as low as the foundation of the Land. He put axes against its top, and the temple, like a dead soldier, bowed its neck before him, and all the foreign lands bowed their necks before him.

120-148He ripped out its drain pipes, and all the rain went back to the heavens . He tore off its upper lintel and the Land was deprived of its ornament (1 ms. has instead: the ornament of the Land disappeared). From its "Gate from which grain is never diverted", he diverted grain, and the Land was deprived of grain. He struck the "Gate of Well-Being" with the pickaxe, and well-being was subverted in all the foreign lands. As if they were for great tracts of land with wide carp-filled waters, he cast large spades (1 ms. has instead: axes) to be used against the E-kur. The people could see the bedchamber, its room which knows no daylight. The Akkadians could look into the holy treasure chest of the gods. Though they had committed no sacrilege, its lahama deities of the great pilasters standing at the temple were thrown into the fire by Naram-Suen. The cedar, cypress, juniper and boxwood, the woods of its giguna, were ...... by him. He put its gold in containers and put its silver in leather bags. He filled the docks with its copper, as if it were a huge transport of grain. The silversmiths were re-shaping its silver, jewellers were re-shaping its precious stones, smiths were beating its copper. Large ships were moored at the temple, large ships were moored at Enlil's temple and its possessions were taken away from the city, though they were not the goods of a plundered city. With the possessions being taken away from the city, good sense left Agade. As the ships moved away from (some mss. have instead: juddered) the docks, Agade's intelligence (1 ms. has instead: sanctuary) was removed.

149-175Enlil, the roaring (?) storm that subjugates the entire land, the rising deluge that cannot be confronted, was considering what should be destroyed in return for the wrecking of his beloved E-kur. He lifted his gaze towards the Gubin mountains, and made all the inhabitants of the broad mountain ranges descend (?). Enlil brought out of the mountains those who do not resemble other people, who are not reckoned as part of the Land, the Gutians, an unbridled people, with human intelligence but canine instincts (some mss. have instead: feelings) and monkeys' features. Like small birds they swooped on the ground in great flocks. Because of Enlil, they stretched their arms out across the plain like a net for animals. Nothing escaped their clutches, no one left their grasp. Messengers no longer travelled the highways, the courier's boat no longer passed along the rivers. The Gutians drove the trusty (?) goats of Enlil out of their folds and compelled their herdsmen to follow them, they drove the cows out of their pens and compelled their cowherds to follow them. Prisoners manned the watch. Brigands occupied (1 ms. has instead: attacked) the highways. The doors of the city gates of the Land lay dislodged in (1 ms. has instead: were covered with) mud, and all the foreign lands uttered bitter cries from the walls of their cities. They established gardens for themselves (1 ms. has instead: made gardens grow) within the cities, and not as usual on the wide plain outside. As if it had been before the time when cities were built and founded, the large (some mss. add: fields and) arable tracts yielded no grain, the inundated (some mss. add: fields and) tracts yielded no fish, the irrigated orchards yielded no syrup or wine, the thick clouds (?) did not rain, the macgurum plant did not grow.

176-192In those days, oil for one shekel was only half a litre, grain for one shekel was only half a litre, wool for one shekel was only one mina, fish for one shekel filled only one ban measure -- these sold at such prices in the markets of the cities! Those who lay down on the roof, died on the roof; those who lay down in the house were not buried. People were flailing at themselves from hunger. By the Ki-ur, Enlil's great place, dogs were packed together in the silent streets; if two men walked there they would be devoured by them, and if three men walked there they would be devoured by them. Noses were punched (?), heads were smashed (?), noses (?) were piled up, heads were sown like seeds. Honest people were confounded with traitors, heroes lay dead on top of heroes, the blood of traitors ran upon the blood of honest men.

193-209At that time, Enlil rebuilt his great sanctuaries into small reed (?) sanctuaries and from east to west he reduced their storehouses. The old women who survived those days, the old men who survived those days and the chief lamentation singer who survived those years set up seven balaj drums, as if they stood at the horizon, and together with ub , meze, and lilis (some mss. have instead: cem, and lilis) (1 ms. has instead: and bronze cem) drums made them resound to Enlil like Ickur for seven days and seven nights. The old women did not restrain the cry "Alas for my city!". The old men did not restrain the cry "Alas for its people!". The lamentation singer did not restrain the cry "Alas for the E-kur!". Its young women did not restrain from tearing their hair. Its young men did not restrain from sharpening their knives. Their laments were as if Enlil's ancestors were performing a lament in the awe-inspiring Holy Mound by the holy knees of Enlil. Because of this, Enlil entered his holy bedchamber and lay down fasting.

210-221At that time, Suen, Enki, Inana, Ninurta, Ickur, Utu, Nuska, and Nisaba, the great gods (1 ms. has instead: all the gods whosoever), cooled (1 ms. has instead: sprinkled) Enlil's heart with cool water and prayed to him: "Enlil, may the city that destroyed your city, be treated as your city has been treated! May the one that defiled your giguna, be treated as Nibru! In this city, may heads fill the wells! May no one find his acquaintances there, may brother not recognize brother! May its young woman be cruelly killed in her woman's domain, may its old man cry in distress for his slain wife! May its pigeons moan on their window ledges, may its small birds be smitten in their nooks, may it live in constant anxiety like a timid pigeon!"

222-244Again, Suen, Enki, Inana, Ninurta, Ickur, Utu, Nuska and Nisaba, all the gods whosoever, turned their attention to the city, and cursed Agade severely: "City, you pounced on E-kur: it is as if you had pounced on Enlil! Agade, you pounced on E-kur: it is as if you had pounced on Enlil! May your holy walls, to their highest point, resound with mourning! May your giguna be reduced to a pile of dust! May your pilasters with the standing lahama deities fall to the ground like tall young men drunk on wine! May your clay be returned to its abzu, may it be clay cursed by Enki! May your grain be returned to its furrow, may it be grain cursed by Ezinu! May your timber be returned to its forest, may it be timber cursed by Ninilduma! May the (1 ms. has instead: your) cattle slaughterer slaughter his wife, may your (some mss. have instead: the) sheep butcher butcher his child! May water wash away your pauper as he is looking for ......! May your prostitute hang herself at the entrance to her brothel! May your pregnant (?) hierodules and cult prostitutes abort (?) their children! May your gold be bought for the price of silver, may your silver be bought for the price of pyrite (?), and may your copper be bought for the price of lead!"

245-255"Agade, may your strong man be deprived of his strength, so that he will be unable to lift his sack of provisions and ......, and will not have the joy of controlling your superior asses; may he lie idle all day! May this make the city die of hunger! May your citizens, who used to eat fine food, lie hungry in the grass and herbs, may your ...... man eat the coating on his roof, may he chew (?) the leather hinges on the main door of his father's house! May depression descend upon your palace, built for joy (1 ms. has instead: joyous palace)! May the evils of the desert, the silent place, howl continuously!"

256-271"May foxes that frequent ruin mounds brush with their tails your fattening-pens (?), established for purification ceremonies! May the ukuku, the bird of depression, make its nest in your gateways, established for the Land! In your city that could not sleep because of the tigi drums, that could not rest from its joy, may the bulls of Nanna that fill the pens bellow like those who wander in the desert, the silent place! May the grass grow long on your canal-bank tow-paths, may the grass of mourning grow on your highways laid for waggons! Moreover, may ...... wild rams (?) and alert snakes of the mountains allow no one to pass on your tow-paths built up with canal sediment! In your plains where fine grass grows, may the reed of lamentation grow! Agade, may brackish water flow (1 ms. has instead: May brackish water flow in the river), where fresh water flowed for you! If someone decides, "I will dwell in this city!", may he not enjoy the pleasures of a dwelling place! If someone decides, "I will rest in Agade!", may he not enjoy the pleasures of a resting place!"

272-280And before Utu on that very day, so it was! On its canal bank tow-paths, the grass grew long. On its highways laid for waggons, the grass of mourning grew. Moreover, on its tow-paths built up with canal sediment, ...... wild rams (?) and alert snakes of the mountains allowed no one to pass. On its plains, where fine grass grew, now the reeds of lamentation grew. Agade's flowing fresh water flowed as brackish water. When someone decided, "I will dwell in that city!", he could not enjoy the pleasures of a dwelling place. When someone decided, "I will rest in Agade!", he could not enjoy the pleasures of a resting place!

281Inana be praised for the destruction of Agade!

Recitation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lim6cp00cA4

• Love and compassion
     Reply #143 - July 08, 2017, 03:57 PM

Allaah's Messenger was the kindest of men ...................... "Allaah has commanded you to show kindness to everyone, so if you have to kill, kill in a good manner, and if you slaughter an animal, slaughter it gently......................

https://www.sunnah.com/search/banu-mustaliq

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) made a raid upon Banu Mustaliq while they were unaware and their cattle were having a drink at the water. He killed those who fought and imprisoned others. On that very day, he captured Juwairiya bint al-Harith. Nafi' said that this tradition was related to him by Abdullah b. Umar who (himself) was among the raiding troops.

Reference    : Sahih Muslim 1730 a
    In-book reference    : Book 32, Hadith 1

It has been reported from Sulaiman b. Buraida through his father that when the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) appointed anyone as leader of an army or detachment he would especially exhort him to fear Allah and to be good to the Muslims who were with him. He would say:

Fight in the name of Allah and in the way of Allah. Fight against those who disbelieve in Allah. Make a holy war, do not embezzle the spoils; do not break your pledge; and do not mutilate (the dead) bodies; do not kill the children. When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withhold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them.

Then invite them to migrate from their lands to the land of the Muhajireen and inform them that, if they do so, they shall have all the privileges and obligations of the Muhajireen. If they refuse to migrate, tell them that they will have the status of Bedouin Muslims and will be subjected to the Commands of Allah like other Muslims, but they will not get any share from the spoils of war or Fai' except when they actually fight with the Muslims (against the disbelievers). If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them.

When you lay siege to a fort and the besieged appeal to you for protection in the name of Allah and His Prophet, do not accord to them the guarantee of Allah and His Prophet, but accord to them your own guarantee and the guarantee of your companions for it is a lesser sin that the security given by you or your companions be disregarded than that the security granted in the name of Allah and His Prophet be violated. When you besiege a fort and the besieged want you to let them out in accordance with Allah's Command, do not let them come out in accordance with His Command, but do so at your (own) command, for you do not know whether or not you will be able to carry out Allah's behest with regard to them.

Reference    : Sahih Muslim 1731 a, b
    In-book reference    : Book 32, Hadith 3

It is narrated by Abu Nadr that he learnt from a letter sent by a man from the Aslam tribe, who was a Companion of the Prophet (ﷺ) and whose name was 'Abdullah b. Abu Aufa, to 'Umar b. 'Ubaidullah when the latter marched upon Haruriyya (Khawarij) informing him that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) in one of those days when lie was confronting the enemy waited until the sun had declined. Then he stood up (to address the people) and said:

O ye men, do not wish for an encounter with the enemy. Pray to Allah to grant you security; (but) when you (have to) encounter them exercise patience, and you should know that Paradise is under the shadows of the swords. Then the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) stood up (again) and said: O Allah. Revealer of the Book, Disperser of the clouds, Defeater of the hordes, put our enemy to rout and help us against them.

Reference    : Sahih Muslim 1742 a
    In-book reference    : Book 32, Hadith 23

: Permissibility of killing women and children in night raids, so long as it is not done deliberately  

It is reported on the authority of Sa'b b. Jaththama that the Prophet of Allah (ﷺ), when asked about the women and children of the polytheists being killed during the night raid, said:
    They are from them.

Reference    : Sahih Muslim 1745 a
    In-book reference    : Book 32, Hadith 30

It is narrated by Sa'b b. Jaththama that he said (to the Holy Prophet):
    Messenger of Allah, we kill the children of the polytheists during the night raids. He said: They are from them.

Reference    : Sahih Muslim 1745 b
    In-book reference    : Book 32, Hadith 31

well  we can read ton of such stuff in hadith ., and unfortunately for Islam in these days   such hadith sets the tone of  Muslim heroes to do what they are doing   such as the news of today in  Kenya  dear akay

That is today's news  

• Love and compassion
     Reply #144 - July 14, 2017, 08:01 AM

Kill the infidels and the polytheists in the Holy Qur'an for several specific reasons and specific conditions

Example
    If someone assaults you and kill your children and your relatives and your package from your country by force
    What will you do?

This exactly happened in the time of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

Polytheists and infidels tortured new Muslims unjustly

Killing infidels owners of the Messenger of Allah, without the right

Prevent the infidels from Muslim food and drink without the right

Infidels and take their money home without the right

Get out the infidels of Mecca, the Prophet without the right

Imagine with me all these terrible acts occurred

Only because they are Muslims

Therefore, the revelation came through Jibreel to the Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

State in the Holy Qur'an

Must fight the polytheists as mohammed they killed unduly

But
    You mohammed you the right to kill them

36. Verily, the number of months with Allah is twelve months (in a year), so was it ordained by Allah on the Day when He created the heavens and the earth; of them four are Sacred, (i.e. the 1st, the 7th, the 11th and the 12th months of the Islamic calendar). That is the right religion, so wrong not yourselves therein, and fight against the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) collectively , as they fight against you collectively. But know that Allah is with those who are Al-Muttaqun

But
    The peaceful infidels should not fight them or kill them at all

We have to talk to them about the message of Islam to respect

8. Allah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion and did not drive you out of your homes. Verily, Allah loves those who deal with equity.

God guided you to Islam

On the contrary,-
    Reconstruction and find life in Islam
    God says in the Holy Qur'an
    (32) Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

(68) And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty
    (69) Multiplied for him is the punishment on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein humiliated
    (70) Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful
    (71) And he who repents and does righteousness does indeed turn to Allah with [accepted] repentance

-Look at the Crusades
    Killed millions of people, women and children without mercy
    Under the name of Christ
    Jesus is innocent of that

On the contrary,
    Prophet Muhammad in the wars
    Order the believers
    Not killing women, children and non-burn destruction of houses and trees
    A Mercy Towards his Enemies
    The prisoners of war taken captive at the battle of Badr were amongst his bitterest enemies. Nevertheless, he made sure that they were given the best of treatment. Among them was Suhayl bin 'Amr who was a fiery speaker and was denouncing the Prophet . 'Umar one the Prophet’s closest companions, suggested that two of his lower teeth be pulled out so that he might not be so vile in his speeches. The Prophet replied: “Were I to do this, Allaah would disfigure me on the Day of Judgement, despite the fact that I am His messenger.”

In Makkah, his people inflicted him with every kind of suffering, eventually forcing him to emigrate to Madeenah, and then waged war on him for five years. However, when he conquered Makkah without bloodshed in the twenty-first year of his Prophethood, he asked the Makkan unbelievers who were awaiting his decision about them: “How do you expect me to treat you?” They responded unanimously: "You are a noble one, the son of a noble one." He announced to them his decision:
    “You may go free! No reproach this day shall be on you; may God forgive you.”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvf3Bprp_WM
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #145 - July 15, 2017, 02:26 AM

Kill the infidels and the polytheists in the Holy Qur'an for several specific reasons and specific conditions

Example
    If someone assaults you and kill your children and your relatives and your package from your country by force
    What will you do?

This exactly happened in the time of Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him

Polytheists and infidels tortured new Muslims unjustly

Killing infidels owners of the Messenger of Allah, without the right

Prevent the infidels from Muslim food and drink without the right

Infidels and take their money home without the right

Get out the infidels of Mecca, the Prophet without the right

Imagine with me all these terrible acts occurred

Only because they are Muslims

First at all, there is no particular religion to weep.

No religion that immunizes you against stupidity, no religion that proves your virtue ...

No particular religion to love and suffer, no particular religion to make love ...

Secondly, a god who ordains murder (even for defensive purposes) is not even worth the trouble that mankind mentions its name forever ...

Thirdly, if you are satisfied and in agreement with your religion, stay inside.

One of the most important things in life is to be in harmony with its principles and ideals, so if you find peace within your religion, I'm happy for you.
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #146 - July 15, 2017, 06:05 AM

27. 1. The skilful traveller leaves no traces of his wheels or footsteps; the skilful speaker says nothing that can be found fault with or blamed; the skilful reckoner uses no tallies; the skilful closer needs no bolts or bars, while to open what he has shut will be impossible; the skilful binder uses no strings or knots, while to unloose what he has bound will be impossible. In the same way the sage is always skilful at saving men, and so he does not cast away any man; he is always skilful at saving things, and so he does not cast away anything. This is called 'Hiding the light of his procedure.'

2. Therefore the man of skill is a master (to be looked up to) by him who has not the skill; and he who has not the skill is the helper of (the reputation of) him who has the skill. If the one did not honour his master, and the other did not rejoice in his helper, an (observer), though intelligent, might greatly err about them. This is called 'The utmost degree of mystery.'

, 'Dexterity in Using,' that is, in the application of the Tâo. This is the substance of the chapter, celebrating the effective but invisible operation of the Tâo, and the impartial exercise of it for the benefit of all men and all things.

I have given the most natural construction of the two characters at the end of par. 1, the only possible construction of them, so far as I can see, suitable to the context. The action of the Tâo (non-acting and yet all-efficient) and that of the sage in accordance with it, are veiled by their nature from the sight of ordinary men.

It is more difficult to catch the scope and point of par. 2. If there were not the conditions described in it, it would be hard for even an intelligent onlooker to distinguish between the man who had the skill and the man without it, between

p. 71

him who possessed the Tâo, and him who had it not, which would be strange indeed.}

http://www.sacred-texts.com/tao/sbe39/sbe39034.htm

• Love and compassion
     Reply #147 - July 21, 2017, 07:30 AM

First at all, there is no particular religion to weep.

No religion that immunizes you against stupidity, no religion that proves your virtue ...

No particular religion to love and suffer, no particular religion to make love ...

Secondly, a god who ordains murder (even for defensive purposes) is not even worth the trouble that mankind mentions its name forever ...

Thirdly, if you are satisfied and in agreement with your religion, stay inside.

One of the most important things in life is to be in harmony with its principles and ideals, so if you find peace within your religion, I'm happy for you.

On the contrary,-
    Reconstruction and find life in Islam
    God says in the Holy Qur'an
    (32) Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors.

(68) And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty
    (69) Multiplied for him is the punishment on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein humiliated
    (70) Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful
    (71) And he who repents and does righteousness does indeed turn to Allah with [accepted] repentance

-Look at the Crusades
    Killed millions of people, women and children without mercy
    Under the name of Christ
    Jesus is innocent of that

On the contrary,
    Prophet Muhammad in the wars
    Order the believers
    Not killing women, children and non-burn destruction of houses and trees

Added to that-
    Theft of Research Science and Muslims
    And attributed to themselves by deception and lying

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BNpfWrTqHM

Laws of human
    to punish the culprit
    Example
    If a thief enters your house and kills your wife and children
    he will kill and executed justice
    Or will we leave the offender and accept him
    Allah is the creator of just human beings
    Why should not the perpetrator be punished?
    How will peace reign

One principle in the true Gospel and the Holy Koran

53. Say: "O 'Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
    Surah Az-Zumar

Go directly to the Creator
    He asked for forgiveness and remorse and not to return to sin again

There is no intermediary to reveal his mistakes

And take an instrument for forgiveness from the church

This is a particular delusion

Ahmed Deedat Is it permissible for a Muslim of forgiveness and entering paradise  youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ixMHp7JJJY
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #148 - July 21, 2017, 07:32 AM

A Mercy for Women
    Prophet Muhammad was also very kind and affectionate towards women. Women were very badly treated in those times. The Noble Prophet gave them honour and dignity at par with men in the community. 'Umar reported: "We did not have much regard for women while we were at Makkah, but they were better treated in Madeenah. Allaah's Messenger established women's rights through his sayings and commandments, which improved their position and status."
    A Mercy for Children
    Allaah’s Messenger was particularly compassionate towards children. When he saw a child crying, he sat beside him or her and shared his or her feelings. He felt the pain of a mother for her child more than the mother herself. Once he said: “I stand in prayer and wish to prolong it. However, I hear the cry of a child and cut the prayer short for the anxiety which the mother is feeling.” [Al-Bukhaari]
    He would take children in his arms and embrace them. He was once hugging his beloved grandsons, Hasan and Husayn, when Aqrah bin Haabis told him, ‘I have got ten children. So far, I have not kissed any of them.’ Allaah’s Messenger responded: “The one with no pity for others is not pitied.” [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]
    According to another version, he said: “What can I do for you if Allaah has removed from you the feeling of compassion?” [At-Tirmithi]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RboZ12TYdg
  • Love and compassion
     Reply #149 - July 21, 2017, 10:08 AM

Hey akay. Ready to chat with us yet, or are you going to simply continue the hit and run spamming?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 5« Previous thread | Next thread »