Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 5 dead in mosque shooting in Canada's Quebec

(Read 6352 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 5 dead in mosque shooting in Canada's Quebec
     OP - January 30, 2017, 06:53 AM

5 dead in mosque shooting in Canada's Quebec   says news

Five people were killed after gunmen opened fire in a Quebec City mosque during evening prayers, the mosque's president told reporters on Sunday.

Earlier, a witness told Reuters that up to three gunmen fired on about 40 people inside the Quebec City Islamic Cultural Center in Canada's Quebec province. Police put up a security perimeter around the mosque.  Two people have been arrested after the shooting incident, said a police spokesman who confirmed there were deaths and injuries but declined to give a number.

“There are many victims ... there are deaths,” a Quebec police spokesman told

What we know so far
    At least 5 killed, many injured in shooting incident
    Around 40 people were inside the mosque
    Quebec police have arrested 2 suspects

Two people have been arrested after the shooting incident, said a police spokesman who confirmed there were deaths and injuries but declined to give a number.

“There are many victims ... there are deaths,” a Quebec police spokesman told reporters.

A Reuters eyewitness saw heavily armed tactical police entering the mosque. Police spokesman Etienne Doyon declined to say whether there was a gunman inside the mosque.

Rising Islamophobia

The Islamic Cultural Center of Quebec, which is also known as the grand mosque of Quebec, had already been the target of hate: a pig's head was left on the doorstep last June during the Muslim holy month of Ramazan.

Zebida Bendjeddou, who left the mosque earlier on Sunday evening, said the centre had received threats.

“In June, they'd put a pig's head in front of the mosque. But we thought: 'Oh, they're isolated events.' We didn't take it seriously. But tonight, those isolated events, they take on a different scope,” she said.

Bendjeddou said she had not yet confirmed the names of those killed, but added: “They're people we know, for sure. People we knew since they were little kids.”

Like France, mostly French-speaking Quebec has struggled at times to reconcile its secular identity with a rising Muslim population, many of them North African emigrants.

The face-covering, or niqab, became a big issue in the 2015 national Canadian election, especially in Quebec, where the vast majority of the population supported a ban on it at citizenship ceremonies.

Incidents of Islamophobia have increased in Quebec in recent years. In 2013, police investigated after a mosque in the Saguenay region of Quebec was splattered with what was believed to be pig blood.

In the neighbouring province of Ontario, a mosque was set on fire in 2015, a day after an attack by gunmen and suicide bombers in Paris.

well that is the news

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - January 30, 2017, 10:51 AM

Witnesses claimed the masked killers shouted Allahu Akbar in what sounded like a Quebecois accent.
    Ali Hamadi said he left the mosque a few minutes before the shooting.
    www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4170500/Five-dead-GUNMEN-open-fire-Mosque-Quebec-City.html

Would i be correct in thinking Ali is a shia name?
    Could this be a sunni attack on a shia mosque?

Reply #2 - January 30, 2017, 12:02 PM

Grande Mosquée de Québec is not a Shia mosque, and there are many Sunnis named Ali.
     Reply #3 - January 30, 2017, 04:20 PM

Alexandre Bissonnette, Mohamed Khadir Identified As Quebec Mosque Shooting Suspects:    says news

Two suspects arrested after a deadly shooting at a Quebec City mosque on Sunday have been identified by several media outlets.

Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed Khadir are reportedly awaiting court appearances Monday, according to Quebec media outlets. Gunmen opened fired inside the mosque, in the city’s Sainte-Foy neighbourhood, as the evening prayer service was ending.

“We are confident that the threat is under control,” said Superintendent Martin Plante.

Police were reticent about confirming the suspects’ identities, citing sensitivities surrounding an active investigation.

However, Plante did say the two men arrested last night are in their late 20s and early 30s...[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwuSEKwsoWI

well  CAIR must realize  Islamophobia  is different from Phobia about Muslim folks..

You can have faith Phobias ...

Reply #4 - January 30, 2017, 06:58 PM

Apparently only Alexandre Bissonnette is a suspect. News outlets are now saying Khadir is “considered a witness” and all potential charges against him have been dropped.
     Reply #5 - January 30, 2017, 07:25 PM

White university student named as the sole suspect accused of killing six men at Quebec City mosque -  says news

Bissonnette is a student at Laval University, the source added. He will appear before a court in Quebec on Monday or Tuesday

He confirmed one of the suspects had called police himself but refused to give any more details. 'The suspect dialed 911 and identified himself as being involved with the incident.  uebec Police have given no suggested motive for the killings but confirmed it was being treated as an act of terror. They are also looking in to whether a pig's head left outside the mosque last year is connected to the incident.
    'We're still in the early stages of the investigation, we're still trying to determine all the facts associated with the incident and not interfere with the progress of the investigation so we're not going to discuss the specifics at this time,' Martin Plante of the Gendarmerie royale du Canada said at a press conference on Monday morning.

Prime Minister Trudeau has described the mass killing as a 'terrorist attack on Muslims'. 'We condemn this terrorist attack on Muslims in a center of worship and refuge.  'While authorities are still investigating and details continue to be confirmed, it is heart-wrenching to see such senseless violence.

'Diversity is our strength, and religious tolerance is a value that we, as Canadians, hold dear. 'Muslim-Canadians are an important part of our national fabric, and these senseless acts have no place in our communities, cities and country.  'Canadian law enforcement agencies will protect the rights of all Canadians, and will make every effort to apprehend the perpetrators of this act and all acts of intolerance. 'Tonight, we grieve with the people of Ste-Foy and all Canadians.'

well that is what news says ., and that is the face of the hero

Reply #6 - January 30, 2017, 08:47 PM

He was a fan of Trump & Marine Le Pen

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/46829_Quebec_Mosque_Terrorist-_Right_Wing_Anti-Immigration_Fan_of_Donald_Trump_and_French_Fascist_Marine_Le_Pen
     Reply #7 - January 30, 2017, 08:54 PM

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/30/suspect-in-quebec-mosque-attack-quickly-depicted-as-a-moroccan-muslim-hes-a-white-nationalist/
    The actual shooting suspect is 27-year-old Alexandre Bissonnette, a white French Canadian who is, by all appearances, a rabid anti-immigrant nationalist. A leader of a local immigration rights groups, François Deschamps, told a local paper he recognized his photo as an anti-immigrant far-right “troll” who has been hostile to the group online. And Bisonnette’s Facebook page – now taken down but still archived – lists among its “likes” the far right French nationalist Marine Le Pen, Islam critics Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, the Israeli Defense Forces, and Donald J. Trump (he also “likes” the liberal Canadian Party NDP along with more neutral “likes” such as Tom Hanks, the Sopranos and Katy Perry).

Reply #8 - January 31, 2017, 12:15 AM

So? Being either does not automatically make one a murder
     Reply #9 - January 31, 2017, 12:33 AM

Events like this make me wish Canada had a death penalty
     Reply #10 - January 31, 2017, 01:11 PM

Quebec mosque attack: Student Alexandre Bissonnette charged says BBC news with this picture of that hero

According to local media, Mr Bissonnette studied political science and anthropology at Laval University, whose campus is about 3km (two miles) away from the mosque.

Francois Deschamps, an official with an advocacy group, Welcome to Refugees, said the suspect was known for his far-right views.

Mr Bissonnette was "  known to many activists in Quebec for taking nationalist, pro-Le Pen and anti-feminist positions at Laval University and on social media," Mr Deschamps posted on the organisation's Facebook page.

Quebec City mosque attack suspect known as online troll inspired by French far-right

Quebec mosque mass murderers: Alexandre Bissonnette and Mohamed Khadir  by Mr.   ROBERT SPENCER

In light of the witness statement that they screamed “Allahu akbar,” it is likely that Bissonnette is a convert to Islam, and that this was, as I suggested last night, a case of Muslims firing upon other Muslims whom they deemed heretical: a Sunni-Shia dispute, or adherents of the Islamic State versus opponents of it, or Sunnis firing upon Ahmadiyya — depending on what kind of mosque it is. But there is no basis at this point for the widespread assumption that this was an “Islamophobic” attack carried out by deranged Trump supporters who wandered north of the border.

THAT IS  WHAT MR.  SPENCER WROTE ...  

These   Islamic or non islamic  rogues  who  kill  innocent   people by reading/trolling  right wing/left wing forums /websites   tells me the importance of a forum  like CEMB  and what we write in it.,    Unfortunately there is none like it on the world wide web .We must keep in mind that criticizing a faith like Islam  also related Muslim folks means .,   you have a double edged  sword in your hand and sometimes  IT WILL CUT YOU and cut what you stands for ..any ways

From left to right: Khaled Belkacemi, Azzedine Soufiane, and Aboubaker Thabti  ..those are the three victims  along with other three..  15 more are wounded

Khaled Belkacemi, 60
    Mr Belkacemi studied chemical engineering in his native Algeria before moving to Canada in the 1980s. He taught food science at Quebec's Laval University and was married to a fellow professor there. His wife was also at the mosque when the shooting occurred during Sunday prayers, but she escaped unhurt.

The head of Laval's food science department, Jean-Claude Dufour, described Mr Belkacemi as "an extraordinary person" who was "always smiling" and "an outstanding teacher who loved his graduate students".

Azzedine Soufiane, 57

Mr Soufiane was born in Morocco and settled in Quebec three decades ago. He ran a halal shop in the suburb of Sainte-Foy and is described as a important member of the local Muslim community.

Karim Elabed, an imam in nearby Levis, said Mr Soufiane had helped many newcomers in Quebec City. "When I arrived here eight years ago, [his shop] was the first place I learned about and pretty much all of Quebec's Muslims did their groceries there," Mr Elabed told Canadian media.

Abdelkrim Hassane, 41

Abdelkrim Hassane studied information technology in Algeria before emigrating. A colleague quoted by the Globe and Mail newspaper said Mr Hassane had lived in Paris and Montreal before settling in Quebec City.

Mr Hassane worked as a programmer for the Quebec government. The colleague, Abderrezak Redouane, said he was "a very peaceful, sensitive man". He had three children.

Mamadou Tanou Barry, 42, and Ibrahima Barry, 39

The two men, described as brothers by Radio Canada, were born in Guinea in West Africa. They are described as IT workers. Mamadou Tanou was a father of two and was reportedly sending money home to Guinea.

"Tanou lost his father three years ago, so it became his responsibility to support not only his family here but also his family in Africa. Now that's all been cut," a family friend told the Globe and Mail. Ibrahima worked for the province's health-insurance agency and had four children.

Aboubaker Thabti, 44

Born in Tunisia, Mr Thabti is reported to have moved to Quebec a decade ago and worked in a pharmacy. He was married with two young children, his brother said on Facebook.

well  it is life  one way or another way it goes away .,the only thing  that stays at least for some time is what we do during our lifetime.  

mod edit: no jihadwatch links, please.

Reply #11 - January 31, 2017, 01:23 PM

Well, this sucks.

My thoughts to the victims and their families. And hoping this doesn't spawn copycats.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #12 - January 31, 2017, 03:17 PM

Seems like he a Quebec nationalist. Typical nationalist identify with the nation not a province of it. What I mean by this is that he is not a Canadian nationalist.
     Reply #13 - January 31, 2017, 05:30 PM

So? Being either does not automatically make one a murder

Of course it doesn't automatically make one a murderer. Where did I say it did?
     Reply #14 - January 31, 2017, 05:39 PM

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/quebec-mosque-shooting-five-remain-in-critical-condition-following-attack
    The second man arrested Sunday night but later released is speaking out about what happened.

Mohamed Belkhadir, a 29-year-old engineering student, told La Presse that he was trying to provide first aide to shooting victims when police mistook him for a suspect. But he doesn’t hold it against police.

Belkhadir, who had called 911 after hearing 15 to 20 seconds of gunfire, said he fled when he saw someone with a firearm. He thought it was the shooter; in fact, it was a police officer.

“I understand, I respect, that they caught me,” he told La Presse. “They saw me flee, they thought I was suspicious, that’s normal. For them, someone who flees is a suspect.”

Yeez - can you please remove the Robert Spencer link claiming that Mohamed Belkhadir was involved in the attack.  You're repeating an accusation that an innocent person is a terrorist.

Why are you putting up links to Jihad Watch anyway?
     Reply #15 - January 31, 2017, 05:47 PM

Of course it doesn't automatically make one a murderer. Where did I say it did?

Sorry if I read implication that were never intended. Often people linking someone to Trump use it to infer a larger claim. Media here and in the states is rife with it. Merely being linked to Trump be it voting or liking a policy is enough to damn a person in some people's eyes. I saw your comment in such a way.
     Reply #16 - January 31, 2017, 06:01 PM

Reply #17 - January 31, 2017, 06:48 PM

Sorry if I read implication that were never intended. Often people linking someone to Trump use it to infer a larger claim. Media here and in the states is rife with it. Merely being linked to Trump be it voting or liking a policy is enough to damn a person in some people's eyes. I saw your comment in such a way.

Np
     Reply #18 - January 31, 2017, 07:01 PM

Can anyone explain Marine Le Pen positions quickly in a summary, or provide links? I haven't read a lot about her so only know about her immigration stances. I am wondering if her views are culture politics for France are similar to those expressed in Quebec by some of the separatist movments.
     Reply #19 - February 01, 2017, 04:54 AM

Can anyone explain Marine Le Pen positions quickly in a summary, or provide links? I haven't read a lot about her so only know about her immigration stances. I am wondering if her views are culture politics for France are similar to those expressed in Quebec by some of the separatist movments.

No I can't explain the National Front's ideology in a quick summary, but I do know that it has nothing in common with people in Quebec wanting independence from Canada. 

Don't look for excuses - this murderer was motivated by the politics which are now rampant and dominant all over the western world.  And they have nothing to do with Quebec wanting to be independent from Canada, in fact they would be hostile to it. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #20 - February 01, 2017, 07:22 AM

No I can't explain the National Front's ideology in a quick summary, but I do know that it has nothing in common with people in Quebec wanting independence from Canada. 

During the separatist movement decades ago there was a bit of political sympathy from within France for Quebec. I assume the National Front is a cultural centered movement so was attempting to see what links beyond the anti-immigration stance of the party with  Bissonnette

Don't look for excuses - this murderer was motivated by the politics which are now rampant and dominant all over the western world.  And they have nothing to do with Quebec wanting to be independent from Canada, in fact they would be hostile to it. 

Since I already acknowledged Bissonnette was some type of nationalist I am not looking for an excuse. I am looking for specifics beyond being simply "a nationalist". His FB like of the NF naturally produced questions in my mind. The media spotlight of various nationalist groups within Quebec have various views some of which are focused on Quebec nationalism.

He is terrorist.
     Reply #21 - February 01, 2017, 12:45 PM

http://montrealgazette.com/news/local-news/quebec-mosque-shooting-five-remain-in-critical-condition-following-attack
    Yeez - can you please remove the Robert Spencer link claiming that Mohamed Belkhadir was involved in the attack.  You're repeating an accusation that an innocent person is a terrorist.

Why are you putting up links to Jihad Watch anyway?

No..No.. I  am NOT ..  that was not my intention etall .,  may be the post  sounds like that for  those who don't read it  carefully  .,

Anyways  I want  Robert Spencer and his follower to read my  posts here and in other forums and argue with them to change their behaviour wrt Muslim folks .  As you all know what they are doing w.r.t Muslims(NOT ISLAM) on web  is not right And some of his followers do read me..

Reply #22 - February 01, 2017, 02:25 PM

Hi Yeez - fair enough but it wasn't clear to me.
     Reply #23 - February 01, 2017, 05:39 PM

yeah, it wasn't clear to me either, when i read it last night.
     Reply #24 - February 02, 2017, 12:06 AM

Nothing Yeez says is clear. Some think he is a wise guru who few can fathom his wisdom.

Personally I have always thought he's just a nut case who spams the forum and confuses and scares many away. But like long-term back pain we just put up with him.
     Reply #25 - February 02, 2017, 12:23 PM

Nothing Yeez says is clear. Some think he is a wise guru who few can fathom his wisdom.

Personally I have always thought he's just a nut case

only stupid people  assume that this rascal yeez  is a wise guru with  wisdom  in his ass Hassan
    who spams the forum and confuses and scares many away. But like long-term back pain we just put up with him.

You know what.,    that  "scaring many away  from this forum  IS UNPARDONABLE"

this rascal is  indeed  pain in Ass., So  I will take care of your back pain and pain in ass right now Hassan..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #26 - February 02, 2017, 10:43 PM

lol @ hasan

yes I know I used to get confused before......but i'm used to yeezevee now. part of the furniture. I want to ask him a few questions but I hold back because I know i'll get youtube link of Carmen Miranda in return.
     Reply #27 - February 05, 2017, 04:09 AM

It is not for yeez to explain himself to the masses. Rather, yeez reveals his wisdom and it is our task to understand it. Understanding for ourselves without divine aid will usher in a new evolution in our minds and souls. Like a child who becomes a man, like a butterfly emerging from the cocoon, so too must we struggle ourselves. Only through trail can we find the strength we need.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »