Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Left home and religion

(Read 11530 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Left home and religion
     Reply #30 - June 14, 2017, 08:32 PM

This kind of stuff is what more progressive westerners need to be aware of so they wouldn't so blindly shout down any criticism of islam and the patriarchal culture associated with it.
  • Left home and religion
     Reply #31 - July 10, 2017, 12:28 AM

This kind of stuff is what more progressive westerners need to be aware of so they wouldn't so blindly shout down any criticism of islam and the patriarchal culture associated with it.

There was a Muslim girl recently who went viral on social media for 'proving' girls aren't forced to wear hijab when she texted her dad and asked what would happen if she took her hijab off. He said it would be her choice, and suddenly it was like she was speaking for all Muslim women/girls. I pointed out she only represents herself, and I got shut down for saying it. It's like we know opression exists, but please don't actually mention it!!!
  • Left home and religion
     Reply #32 - July 26, 2017, 10:49 PM

So my older brother decided to be nasty to me again. He is now denying me access to my niece. He is currently visiting my family in another part of England, and my sister tells me he talks about me to my mum. He basically hates what I'm doing and he's decided my niece shouldn't see me anymore. It's strange because when he was younger, right up until the point he got engaged, he was out very late doing I don't know what, yet now my life is bad? I don't even drink or anything. It's literally just my partner he objects to. I now feel conflicted about the future, what if I have children one day? I don't really want them to know they have a horrible uncle who hates their mother. And I don't really want anyone seeing my future children if they have a problem with who the father is.
  • Left home and religion
     Reply #33 - July 26, 2017, 11:39 PM

I am really sorry. I would agree with you, though. Mean and unreasonably controlling people should not have access to your children.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Left home and religion
     Reply #34 - July 27, 2017, 01:38 AM

I feel bad for my niece because she will have to grow up hearing  nonsense about me, and won't get to make up her own mind until she can meet me herself, as an adult, and it really shouldn't be that way. Everyone is sticking by my brother as well, saying he's a nice person. He's a judgmental hypocritical arsehole. His in laws don't know him the the way I know him.
  • Left home and religion
     Reply #35 - July 27, 2017, 04:31 AM

I do know a lot of people like that, who front well but are real bastards behind closed doors. Children are surprisingly insightful, though. Every kid usually figures out the real deal before adulthood. I know it is hard but there is still hope for the future. Just keep doing the right thing.

• Left home and religion
     Reply #36 - July 27, 2017, 12:54 PM

I do know a lot of people like that, who front well but are real bastards behind closed doors. Children are surprisingly insightful, though. Every kid usually figures out the real deal before adulthood. I know it is hard but there is still hope for the future. Just keep doing the right thing.

You are right about children. Even when I look back at myself, never believing any of the stuff I was told about religion etc. Thinking in my head it was nonsense but not having the courage to step up and say it. I remember thinking when I grew up I'd leave Islam. I thought well as long as I am at home I will have to follow what they want, but they can't stop me after.

I am very disappointed at everyone who has stuck by him though. They are hearing the truth, that he's stopped me seeing her, and they still don't care. He's probably lying to them saying it was all me, and like idiots they have believed him. I have now cut off any of his in laws I had on my Facebook etc so I don't know what he has told them.
  • Left home and religion
     Reply #37 - July 27, 2017, 11:48 PM

Men have a lot of power in many cultures. It could be that. But I am sorry, no matter the cause. It's hard and it is such a shame that it happens to so many nice people on this forum. You do have some good company.

• Left home and religion
     Reply #38 - July 28, 2017, 11:51 PM

I think we know that in these circumstances rationality about a person's character goes out the window. They just side with the one who is more of a conformist. In this case your brother. I hope you don't think anything of it, or take it personally. Fuck them.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Left home and religion
     Reply #39 - July 29, 2017, 08:23 AM

My parents loved my brother and hated me because he was willing to conform long enough to con them, while I just wanted to get out. I'm a hell of a lot more moral than him. (Which admittedly isn't hard; he's a textbook psychopath and he has a predisposition for violence because of our abusive childhood, but still...I haven't poisoned anyone to death or had sex with a 12 year old, he's done both, but hey, at least he says the right words at the right times, amirite, and that's what REALLY matters...)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
  • Left home and religion
     Reply #40 - July 29, 2017, 01:29 PM

The thing is, my brother was 'sinning' for years before he got engaged and married. I didn't do any of that, yet there I was at home getting told off for any little thing my dad could find against me. I even got told off for reading cat magazines instead of Islamic ones. I really don't think his in laws would stick by him if they knew he was a bad person, a sinner, and only stopped when he found his wife to be. I bet she kept herself though. But if I talked like this, I'd be accused of being bitter. My brother used to hit me as a child as well, and nobody believes me. He hit me as in attacked me, it wasn't a fight. His wife said it was just sibling fights but she wasn't there so she can fuck off. I never laid a hand on any of my siblings, not even play fighting. I think in her heart she knows he's a rubbish person, a crap brother, but she keeps denying it. After all divorce is a huge stigma, and she would have to go back to her home, to her dad who was just like mine.

I hate everyone who has sided with him. I hate them all. He's stopping me seeing my niece and they still think he's an angel. There's nothing I can say or do to change their minds so I have given up. I'll wait for her to grow up and make up her own mind.
  • Left home and religion
     Reply #41 - August 02, 2017, 10:03 PM

Hi and Welcome!...
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »