Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Depressed and unhappy

(Read 2714 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Depressed and unhappy
     OP - January 14, 2017, 04:58 PM

Incoherent ramblings ahead. You have been warned..
    I  am feeling very down and sad. Life has become miserable. I can't seem to see anything or even think clearly. No purpose or goal. Just a sense of defeat and loss. I feel so overwhelmed by this dunya. Human beings have gone so far and here I am, feeling left behind and incompetent. I can't seem to get anything done. Time is flying. I can't get a grip. Just existing in an ocean of nothingness. The noise outside is deafening. I can't hear my ownself. Lost, worn and jaded. Even lost Allah.
  • Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #1 - January 15, 2017, 04:48 AM

I  am feeling very down and sad. Life has become miserable. I can't seem to see anything or even think clearly. No purpose or goal. Just a sense of defeat and loss. I feel so overwhelmed by this dunya. Human beings have gone so far and here I am, feeling left behind and incompetent. I can't seem to get anything done. Time is flying. I can't get a grip. Just existing in an ocean of nothingness. The noise outside is deafening. I can't hear my ownself. Lost, worn and jaded. Even lost Allah.

what happened Soaring eagle ? when life is so simple why so much frustration? 

Can you  define life?   human life?  and its aspirations/goals in life   and after its life??   If you can do that I can assure you .,  your frustration about life will evaporate..

Common   Cheer up..Be like Eagle..Soar the skies

with  best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #2 - January 15, 2017, 10:10 PM

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cute+animals+gif&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=662&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwibre2RlcXRAhVG1xoKHbwMDzcQsAQIGQ#imgrc=2HjRQobDYATu_M%3A

smile mate
  • Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #3 - January 16, 2017, 02:17 AM

I felt very depressed when I lost my reason and logic for living. But it doesn't stay that way. What you lose is everything you know, but what you gain is so much that you did not know, did not consider. You have possibility. Life is no longer limiting. You can treat your depression, you can get out there and talk to anyone, you can indulge in hobbies and rediscover your passions. Learn about yourself all over again. Who are you? Who is the you as you were, before religion? Who do you want to be? You can be anyone, anything. I know you feel down. You are entitled to feel down, going through so much change. But so much now is new. Keep going. Discover.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #4 - January 16, 2017, 05:04 PM

Thankyou yeezevee (how is it pronounced?), faqmylo and three for your encouragement.

The questions you asked yeezevee are the ones I am trying to figure out myself.

Can you all suggest to me something, anything to begin afresh?

Some good books? Websites? A place where I can discover new hobbies? Find myself? I have never known or defined myself as anything but a Muslim, so finding myself in this situation is really heart wrenching.
    Sometimes I wish I could go back, I get envious of the believers who can stay so patient and calm and hopeful even in the face of hardship.

How does an atheist/ agnostic console himself in such situations?
  • Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #5 - January 16, 2017, 07:30 PM

This a normal phase for those of us who lose their faith. I myself became so depressed I tried to commit suicide. But it will pass. You will feel better eventually. It takes time for your psyche and body to adjust and adapt. I can't say you will have an epiphany and find a new and wonderful meaning to life but you will start enjoying things again and build new relationships and a new sense of identity and who you are. Just be patient hang in there and take one step at a time. Don't feel pressured by anyone - especially those who hold simplistic binary views of the world. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Find what suits you. I wish you good luck.
  • Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #6 - January 17, 2017, 02:23 AM

Work on identifying how you feel, doing what makes you feel good. So you really like coffee, try another kind and see if you like that, too. So you love the smell of bacon, buy a sandwich. Have you always wanted to buy or make this or that, go ahead and buy it, plan for buying it, or make it  yourself. What talents might you have inside that you never permitted yourself to try? Just spend some time each day asking yourself the hard questions.
    Who am I?
    What is my favorite...?
    What do I daydream about?
    What do I really want to do this Friday?
    It's a sort of meditation, really, because at first you have no idea. Gradually you get better and better at it. Usually the more you get to know yourself the better you become at self care, and this helps a great deal with depression. But if you feel the depression is persistent - please do get medical help. Sometimes depression needs more help than you can give alone.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #7 - January 17, 2017, 12:28 PM

This a normal phase for those of us who lose their faith.

This is true.
    Losing faith & beliefs is very depressing.
    All of sudden you lose whole purpose of life.
    You lose hope for heaven and after life.
    But as said by hassan, it will eventually pass away.
    Keep fighting keep living.
    And enjoy as much as possible.
    Watch documentaries, listen to music.
    Have fun.
  • Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #8 - January 17, 2017, 12:54 PM

..........yeezevee (how is it pronounced?), faqmylo and three for your encouragement.

Huh!  what?  common  eagle.....   here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYzue0OMNVk

the  pronunciation  is there in your nick  in  your post   in English alphabets ., for that matter Alphabets of  all most in  all languages    Cheesy Cheesy

ABCDE.....  XYZ......... TUV   ...........that  is it.,    pronunciation is as simple as   EZV    putting those three  letter together.
    The questions you asked yeezevee are the ones I am trying to figure out myself.

Those  questions are very simple to answer .  ,I can  answer them in a blink of a  eye.,  and I will but before that we need do  to something else., that is re-reading /go through your  4  posts  carefully  and  we may need more to understand
    Can you all suggest to me something, anything to begin afresh?

Some good books? Websites? A place where I can discover new hobbies? Find myself?

oh!   I  can suggest millon  things eagle. you just have to open  your wings and fly...
    I have never known or defined myself as anything but a Muslim, so finding myself in this situation is really heart wrenching.
    Sometimes I wish I could go back, I get envious of the believers who can stay so patient and calm and hopeful even in the face of hardship.

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG BEING  A MUSLIM...  

but you have to  define  yourself  these things  

what is Muslim?
    and what is Islam ?
    and what are its rules  for a person to live like a Muslim

and I tell you this.,  THE BOOK..The silly books.. the faith heads..the mullahs..the baboons ..the imams  and the buffoons who preach Islam on internet can not give me  or you answers to my  or your  satisfaction   so once we know... what is faith?  we will explore answers for other questions.,

long ,,long ..time ago when I was Kid .. ... my  shia grand mother used to dress me up   with a  little  sword  as that little  Hussein ..... those were happy times ...  well we got to get over kiddie kiddie stories ..we got to grow up..
    How does an atheist/ agnostic console himself in such situations?

well  Let me get   those "situations"  that you may have encountered and posted in your posts.,    and also you tell me more about situations .. and you also  define  to me  

Who  is an atheist? and what is agnosticism ?  

then   from there we will go to fly......fly away   from silly stuff dear Soaring eagle..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #9 - January 17, 2017, 09:11 PM

Eagle  
    ....coherent ramblings... in  ...head.  
    ....... Even lost Allah.

Eagle..soaring eagle.. It is day time  where you live.. how are you doing?  I read all  of your four posts ...  yes I see unhappiness .but I don't see any depression in you ..You are NOT depressed., you are confused  about faith...you are confused about what you read,what you hear and what is happening ..

Being happy or unhappy is OK  but don't get depressed ..

do you  know who this guy is?  do you know his background?? Did you know  that he does  have a  bit of Muslim background/muslimness in him??  but we should know what does  it  mean having Muslim background??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYk9bIsUs-o

I  was and am very unhappy ..BASTARDS IN LAND OF PURE didn't allow  him  to come to Pakistan and perform there .. though he.... he is  related to that land .,His father was from there ,..Mother  ..17 year old  and British ..The Sperm donor left her dry  ...Did you know  he has Pashtun genealogy??   He could not come to Pakistan  because of heroes of Islam?/  but he could  go to India and perform there...

watch him again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjNi19xW21w

watch him around 23mts..of that video above...  read and write in to the forum whenever you  can,  you have time and UNHAPPY  ., trust me.,  you can have your faith  in allah/god ..whatever...  YET  YOU CAN QUESTION EVERYTHING   including Quran...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

• Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #10 - February 01, 2017, 01:18 PM

I have tried and failed miserably. Tried to begin afresh, find a new purpose or goal. But at the end of the day everything seems so worldly and trivial.
    Earlier I would be comforted by the fact that justice prevails, that Allah will help me. Maybe it was just a psychological thing but I was a more confident and fearless person then. Now, I fear and lament at what seems to be the worthlessness of it all!
    I really find it impossible to believe that there is nothing after we die, that that is the end, everything you are reduced to rubble, even the people who love you will eventually forget and you shall fade away.
    That I will not be reunited with the ones I love or that there will be no justice meted out to those who did us wrong.
    Taking life one step at a time is all good, but at the end of the day, the darkness of the night rips into my soul (if there is such a thing).
    I fear being lonely and cry myself to sleep practically everyday.
    For a person like me, who is horrible at being social and with a friend circle limited to just one, life has become unbearable.
    Yeezeevee, I chose Soaring eagle as my username, because I can see them through my window and I want to be like them, break free and soar!!

I had never been the cheery sort of person anyways, but this melancholy now seems to have become too much!
  • Depressed and unhappy
     Reply #11 - February 01, 2017, 06:26 PM

hi Soaring eagle,

I'm a bit envious that you can see eagles out your window! however, I'm sorry to hear you're still down. there are tons of books/therapies/people out there. you just need to find the right one for you.

I'm not sure if you've seen a doctor about your depression. but it might be worth it a try.

I find writing helps me lot. but not on a computer. I need to do it in a journal. just getting your thoughts onto paper can really release the chatter in your head. get yourself a nice journal some lovely colour pens and get going. I also sketch in my journal and sometimes its nothing but sketches and lists. lots of lists. I do this either first thing in the morning or last thing at night. whatever suits you.

next grab yourself a notice board. stick anything you like on it. pictures of where you want to go and what you want to do or be.

if your not into meditation then sorting is a good way of keeping the mind quite. sorting different colour m&ms or different pens (basically anything small that you have to hand pile it onto a table mix it up and then sort it.

with regards to an afterlife.  well giving-up islam doesn't mean you can't believe in an afterlife. personally i choose to believe we do somehow continue and meet our loved ones. its one of the things that keep me going.

some books that helped me along the way are:

Lousie Hay - You can heal your Life
    Eckhart tolle - Power of Now and Stillness speaks
    these days i listen to Abraham hicks

theres loads of positive affirmations to listen to on youtube whilst you sleep at night. never watch the news before you go to bed.

theres loads of positive talks on youtube especially on TED. its all a matter of what resonates with you.

hobbywise. do whatever you want. whatever makes you so happy that you forget to eat.

good luck.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »