Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Poll

• Question: Religion is man made 'evil'  (Voting closed: December 29, 2016, 01:00 PM)
  • Yes - 2 (100%)
  • No - 0 (0%)
  • Maybe - 0 (0%)
  • Total Voters: 2

Topic: Religion is man made

(Read 8124 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Are you a victim of religion?
     Reply #30 - December 30, 2016, 12:19 PM

I did consciously seek out alternative ideas regarding Islam. But I did so in order to banish my own doubts, which had been creeping in as my experiences with life piled up and contradicted Islamic tradition or law.

Thus basis, consideration of it then a choice.

It was not a conscious choice I ever made to disbelieve that which I had previously believed.

Consider why you doubted and extrapolate

Even when I am now presented with mountains of "evidence" that religion is true, I cannot believe. When I present believers with evidence to the contrary, they cannot stop believing. It seems to be something that happens inside a person whether they will it or not. I am firmly now in my camp and they are in theirs.

Since you and others are engaging in a dialogue in which one or both sides present arguments and evidence there is a choice involved. From a simple one as not accepting the evidence to a wider one of rejection some basic axioms used to support the position.

I would definitely rather be believing, and involved with the ummah, and blissfully unaware of all other options. I was a very happy Muslim until I was not.

You had options you never explored which is that Islam is false. You never have to be presented with this option. It is simple binary logic true or false. Also there was the non-binary option in which a parts of Islam are true and other parts false. Hence different sects within Islam with different viewpoints

This theory I have about belief is probably wrapped up in the concept of faith but I am not certain where it intersects and I have this unfortunate habit of hitting emotion in any aspect and shying away (internally), so I am not even sure I am explaining this properly. It is just instinctive for me to say that belief, in my opinion, is not always voluntary.

I am talking about acceptance of bad ideas within a religion then acting on it. Accepting view points within a religion as moral or correct (true). Islam is not an idea which is close to being a basic belief such as you exist which is fundamental to humans. It is taught, propagated, discussed, codified, etc. It is not something innate
     Reply #31 - December 30, 2016, 04:36 PM

Religion isn't an instinct but an abstract set of concepts that form a model about reality. It is no different than any model about reality in science. It is just taught at a far younger age by people children naturally trust while being part society, and a grounding of, for millennia.

Wouldn't you agree that it has some sort of memetic value? That is to say that regardless of whether it is true or not, because of its nature it can be beneficial for humans to act like its true, thus perpetuating it.

You seem to be making an argument for personal responsibility for people's actions, regardless of their religious beliefs. I go along with that general approach, however to me it seems to be counterproductive to not recognize how hardy of a meme religion has been, in order to confront the way people perpetuate it.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #32 - December 30, 2016, 06:52 PM

the main problem with religion in my opinion Is when it force people to interfere and ruin other people lifes .

if someone want to ruin his life happily then it doesn't matter (he is happy , we don't care , everyone is ok then )
    for example (someone don't want to listen to music , refine from art , a woman agree to be oppressed and share her husband with 3 others , as bogart wife story a lady who don't want to hold stranger hand  ... etc ) those are personal choices and if it stop there then it would have been ok

but religion most of the time yes do brainwash people to control and ruin others life as (preventing gay marriage or other religion marriage of apostasy laws  ) religion encourage or insure that religious members try there best to control others and that when the problem happen .

any way fagmylo : you and your wife knew that this is coming , you cant change them the same as they cant change you , all you can do is to live your life to the  fullest never ever regret a thing and never ever depend on them for a thing  no kids blessing or any other , just hope that when they see life do go on and it is not the end of the world when you go your own path then they might understand .
      if you are still close to your family please feel compassion to your wife also and understand that being around them she might feel suffocated as they will make sure to make her feel that unwelcomed . you went a long way don’t allow religion or anyone to ruin your life , if they don’t want YOU they you don’t want them just move on

awakened thnkyu
     Reply #33 - December 30, 2016, 10:36 PM

Thus basis, consideration of it then a choice.

Consider why you doubted and extrapolate

Since you and others are engaging in a dialogue in which one or both sides present arguments and evidence there is a choice involved. From a simple one as not accepting the evidence to a wider one of rejection some basic axioms used to support the position.

This is what I mean. I was exploring different takes or positions on legalities and rights within Islam and even sects and that is what brought me to the edge. I didn't mean to hit the edge, I meant to hit upon a solution and adjust my practice accordingly so that my faith was easier to bear.

I think it took me two years or more from that point to accepting that the Quran was fallible, unless we start from the beginning, in which case it took me seventeen years. It was impossible for me to remain Muslim after discarding divinity, props to Hassan for his staying power.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Does religion cause terrorism?
     Reply #34 - January 03, 2017, 10:05 PM

]We experience a world where suffering and evil take away so much human happiness. If God exists and is good, we might reasonably expect the universe to be a good place, and religion to be a force for good. But these expectations are not always met. So the sometimes painful reality can make us wonder whether God is really there at all.Is there any answer to the question of how could a good God allow all this, or is this the ultimate proof that God doesn’t exist?War and terrorism are particular forms of evil that cause enormous suffering, and religion is often accused of being the main cause.
    People say religion causes terrorism:

Nobel Prize winning Physicist and atheist Stephen Weinberg said: “for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” Huh?
  • Does religion cause terrorism?
     Reply #35 - January 03, 2017, 10:33 PM

..........................Nobel Prize winning Physicist and atheist Stephen Weinberg said: “for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” Huh?

why is this   Huh?  emoticon at the end of that question  faqmylo..??

let us put that tube here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qORcNeRQAsY

on the way let me put the 1 hr  link Q & A..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGL8SesIo6Y

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Is mi'raj believable or unbelievable ?
     Reply #36 - January 06, 2017, 12:57 AM

We have heard that Mohammad rode on a mythical animal called buraq at night to visit Allah. Its called mi’raj. It is said that Mohammad travel several light years to arosh to meet Allah and gifted him two Islamic gems pray and fasting.it is said that Mohammad traveled and visited both heaven and hell and return back to earth.it is also said that the entire travel took a few minutes only.
    It is also said that during this mi'raj travel Mohammed's  two main vesicle were buraq and rofrof. Strangely, none of these two animal exit anymore. Buraq- animal,bird and human is an admixture of this three. There for the body of buraq consisted of horses body, wings like bird and face like maiden. Which place did originate from, after Mohammad travel where  did buraq disappear , presently where is it. Did it die?. If alive what kind of work is done by buraq. Apart from mi’raj no where else buraq name is mention. Is the animal real or imaginary ?

Thousand of years old monuments and establishment still exist on earth. Three hundred BC. Old pyramids of Egypt still stand strong. Mohammad mi'raj travel is not a very old  incident, haven’t taken place in seven th century. If this incident was real, all that mohammad had seen in the universe should still be present there. But is it? If is still there why astronaut couldn't still find it ?
    When discussing about Mohammad mi'raj travel the first question is comes to our mind was is travel physical or mentaly. Considering if it is physical how is it possible?
    According to astronaut the sun and its planet together is called the solar system. Several such solar system together make the universe. According to scientist light and lightning travel fastest. No other element travel as fast as these. Light travels 186282 mile per second. The distance the light travel at this speed s for one year is called 1 light year by scientist. In this universe our earth is the small planet and our solar system is a small place. Therefore in this solar system light takes 11 hours to travel from one place to another. It takes 97500 years for light to travel from one end to the other in the universe. And the distance travel is 80000000 light years . this is known to the astronauts. Obviously, the scientist did not find a trace of arosh. Possible existence maybe many light years away. If Mohammad travel to mi'raj physically on that animal how is it possible that he travel so many light years in  just few  minutes. What was burakh speed per mile second?
    It is also said that buraq also had wings. How did it travel in the universe where no wind are available. Scientist say that 120 miles above not atmosphere possible. Hence, the only thing that can fly is a rocket. There fore is it questionable  how buraq flew. Logically thinking about this feels like Mohammad mi'raj travel was not possible physically. Did he travel in imagination?
    Every religion believe in the fact that god is present everywhere. If so then why did Mohammad have to travel so far? Was Allah then not in mecca or on earth?

By
    Faruq Ahmed
     Reply #37 - January 06, 2017, 01:12 AM

Scientifically miraj is possible
    Use of antimatter energy can make such fast travel possible. Or negative energy.
    So scientifically muhammad could have travelled so fast in space.
    But the description muhammad gave about hell is dubious.
    It was just Muhammad's another made up story or may be muhammad was going through some kind of hallucinations.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #38 - January 06, 2017, 01:18 AM

According to scientist light and lightning travel fastest. No other element travel as fast as these. Light travels 186282 mile per second.

No that is not true.
    More faster travels are possible.
    Antimatter energy travel is so fast that you can reach absolutely any where in universe or multiverse,very close to infinity in yoctoseconds.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #39 - January 06, 2017, 01:40 AM

Use of antimatter energy can make such fast travel possible. Or negative energy.

Reply #40 - January 06, 2017, 01:42 AM

No that is not true.
    Antimatter energy travel is so fast that you can reach absolutely any where in universe or multiverse,very close to infinity in yoctoseconds.

oh really.ok give me some evidence,
     Reply #41 - January 06, 2017, 01:45 AM

No that is not true.

Bro if you are real atheist please can you put your real pic in your profile. thanks
     Reply #42 - January 06, 2017, 02:04 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzZGPCyrpSU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUNhff6EAK8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd1juCi6Iug
    Isolated and stored anti-matter could be used as a fuel for interplanetary or interstellar travel[69] as part of an antimatter catalyzed nuclear pulse propulsion or other antimatter rocketry, such as the redshift rocket. Since the energy density of antimatter is higher than that of conventional fuels, an antimatter-fueled spacecraft would have a higher thrust-to-weight ratio than a conventional spacecraft.

Wikipedia
    https://coraifeartaigh.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/faster-than-the-speed-of-light/
    https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/136408-nasa-working-on-faster-than-light-travel-says-warp-drives-are-plausible

Reply #43 - January 06, 2017, 02:12 AM

Bro if you are real atheist please can you put your real pic in your profile. thanks

We as humans live with uncertainties. There is nothing certain my friend, you have to keep thinking & challenging. Skepticism.
    So I am open to everything.
    Most of the time I am atheist, for some short intervals of time I become Sunni Muslim.
    It happens with me back & forth.

But right now I am atheist.

And I won't post my picture because of security reasons.
    Even though I live close to washington DC, I fear I can be assassinated by Muslims for apostasy.
    I don't take risks. I am lazy and coward.

Reply #44 - January 06, 2017, 02:18 AM

It was just Muhammad's another made up story or may be muhammad was going through some kind of hallucinations.

i don't believe. thanks
     Reply #45 - January 06, 2017, 03:10 AM

We as humans live with uncertainties. There is nothing certain my friend, you have to keep thinking & challenging. Skepticism.
    So I am open to everything.
    Most of the time I am atheist, for some short intervals of time I become Sunni Muslim.
    It happens with me back & forth.

But right now I am atheist.

And I won't post my picture because of security reasons.
    Even though I live close to washington DC, I fear I can be assassinated by Muslims for apostasy.
    I don't take risks. I am lazy and coward.

me same to bro. Smiley
     Reply #46 - January 06, 2017, 08:08 AM

I want to put aside the theological issue for a second and just talk about the science. The theological issue is kind of irrelevant to the science; it could be that the mi'raj occurred in a dream, a vision, an altered state, a hallucination, or any number of other possibilities. It may be that Mohammad was lying, or it may be that he was telling the truth about what he believed happened when it did not actually happen, or it could be that something did happen and he described it exactly as is happened. Those are all essentially theological questions for theologians to debate. I might take on the topic at some point, but it's not the point of this post.

All I'm going to talk about is the real-world science (or at least, THIS world science; I personally believe we exist in a multiverse) of what is and is not possible in regards to the claims, as laid out by OP.

It is said that Mohammad travel several light years to arosh to meet Allah

-- A light year is "a unit of astronomical distance equivalent to the distance that light travels in one year, which is 9.4607 × 1012 km (nearly 6 trillion miles)." -- Since Mohammad apparently traveled "several light years", I'll assume you mean at least 3 but less than infinity, So that would mean that Heaven is somewhere between 18 trillion and an infinite number of miles away, but it exists somewhere in our universe. Do you believe it exists in one direction, ie can we point all the earth's telescopes at one point in the sky and observe heaven there? (Or build a bigger telescope until we can.) Or do you believe it's in every direction, or in no direction at all? If it's within a 10 lightyear (180 trillion mile) distance and has a direction, it would have to be near one of the following seven stars:

Which of those stars should we point our telescopes at to see heaven? Or between which of those stars should we point to see it?

it is said that Mohammad traveled and visited both heaven and hell and return back to earth

Jahannam is right outside Jerusalem, so he could have stopped off there before he went to heaven; however, fortunately for all of us apostates, the fires are gone and there's no weird torture happening there either. There is, however, a waterpark. I've already made a video on this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOxDssdJ_3g

it is also said that the entire travel took a few minutes only.

The possibility of faster than light travel has already been discussed in this thread. I'd just concur that it's theoretically possible even if we don't have a mechanism, and if a wormhole was used it's theoretically possible that he could have done so without time dilation; but I would ask how Mohammad managed to survive in the near-vacuum of space without a space suit, even for a minute or two and how he managed to survive the extreme heat and cold.

Buraq- animal,bird and human is an admixture of this three. There for the body of buraq consisted of horses body, wings like bird and face like maiden. Which place did originate from, after Mohammad travel where  did buraq disappear , presently where is it. Did it die?. If alive what kind of work is done by buraq. Apart from mi’raj no where else buraq name is mention

This is not an animal that could have evolved here. It is a mythological hybrid. These kinds of mythological hybrids occur in mythologies all over the world. The sphinx is an example of one; so are mermaids, centaurs, fauns, lilitu, Fu Xi, Naga, Shedu, Ganesha, and Sobek. If you believe Buraq is real but none of the other ones I listed are, what is your justification for believing that?

Also, what is the mechanism by which an animal like a horse, which differentiated from us so long ago that our most recent common ancestor would have been a creature about 85 million years ago and looked like one of these critters:

could develop a human face?

And how could that creature then develop bird-like wings, which would require both growing a third set of limbs (you might notice that we only have four limbs, and so do birds, reptiles, and all other animals with a backbone) AND developing feathers, when our most recent common ancestor with birds was, according to some guy on this forum "was probably an eight-inch long reptile that lived anywhere between 320 and 340 million years ago." That little critter wouldn't have had wings or feathers at all; those came much later, a long time after our evolutionary trees diverged. In fact, feathers didn't really look like the feathers we know today until 230-200 million years ago, some 90-140 million years later.

According to astronaut the sun and its planet together is called the solar system. Several such solar system together make the universe.

No, the universe is much, much bigger. Remember those 8 stars I showed earlier (our sun with the seven stars closest to it)? See if you can guess where they are in this picture:

If you guessed "our sun is that big bright spot in the center", you're wrong. Actually, our sun AND those seven stars are in one of the tiny dark patches you'll see if you hold your hand against the screen vertically, such that your middle finger covers the bright spot at the center and is pointing towards your webcam (or the top of your screen if you're on a desktop) and then bend your pinky finger so you can see under it. There's a black hole at the center of the galaxy; you can't see it either. That's how many stars are in our galaxy. All the stars you see in the night sky are part of the Milky Way galaxy. We just don't have very good vision, tho; there are tons of other stars beyond our galaxy. This is our neighboring galaxy, Andromeda, as seen by telescopes:

It's crashing into the Milky Way (but don't worry, it will happen many billions of years after the sun explodes and destroys Earth). Andromeda twice as big as our own galaxy, but even after they combine, they'll still be a speck of dust in this picture:

This is a picture of a lot of the galaxies in our universe. Not all of them, but enough to give you a sense of the scale. Can you spot the Milky Way and Andromeda in that picture? Probably not. Our sun isn't even a pixel length at that scale. Our planet, many times smaller than our sun, is completely invisible. So our universe, even just the tiny part of it we have seen, is far more vast than "several solar systems." There's also a whole lot of universe that we can't see and we'll never be able to see. Not even light travels fast enough for us to see it past the expansion of our universe.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #47 - January 06, 2017, 12:46 PM

Guys it is just a fake story of miraj written by someone.
    My point was that, space travel is possible in speeds higher than speed of light.
    That's all I would say on this topic.
    Fairy tales & work of fictions sometimes help us make new better technology.

Reply #48 - January 06, 2017, 01:02 PM

i don't believe. thanks

What is not there to believe?
    Muhammad just made that story.
    And theorically higher speed travels than light speed is possible, all we need is technology.

Reply #49 - January 06, 2017, 01:10 PM

me same to bro. Smiley

I am mentally unstable & confused.
    Someone who was indoctrinated into religion at very young age, who was born to stupid religious mother.
    And whose dad is also bipolar.
    And islam itself is very seductive and difficult to leave, especially if you are surrounded by all dick head muslims.

Reply #50 - January 06, 2017, 01:14 PM

I am mentally unstable & confused.
    Someone who was indoctrinated into religion at very young age, who was born to stupid religious mother.
    And whose dad is also bipolar.
    And islam itself is very seductive and difficult to leave, especially if you are surrounded by all dick head muslims.

cool  .... cool  down....cool  down....  abidali2018240 ..   Let us not blame others for our problems ...  How is the weather in AMRIKA??  if it is cold  go out go to a field take a deep breath and run ..

People write/wrote  stories, songs and sonnets all the time since the beginning of human history.,   only fools take them as word of some god  and intelligent politically saucy rogues exploit innocent folks  by brainwashing them with those stories,songs and sonnets  as word of some allah  some god.. You parents were victims and my parents were victims but we don't need to be victims of same nonsense ..

And that  gal_from_usa writes so good I wonder sometimes whether she has some sort of connection with allahgod??

US of A really produces some smart people ..  and that is a fact ...

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #51 - January 06, 2017, 01:48 PM

Let us not blame others for our problems.

Stupid parents are accountable for the damage.

Reply #52 - January 06, 2017, 01:51 PM

Stupid parents are accountable for the damage.

Nope ..Nope .......
    That may be true until you are 15 ..or 20 at the best ..afterwords you are your own man.. I  left so called home when I was 13??  ran away.... far far away..

be your own man make your own life,  stop getting emotional  and emotionally blackmailed.. Stand with truth   and find the truth not from others  but with your own brain...your own thoughts..

Reply #53 - January 06, 2017, 03:45 PM

So here is the Miraj story according to Islamic theology.

Ummati of Prophet Muhammad "May Peace and Blessings be upon HIM" published a note.
    14. SHAB E ISRA O MIRAJ (THE NIGHT JOURNEY)
    Quran, (17:1).. "Glorious is He Who made his servant travel by night from Al-Masjid-ul-Haram to Al-Masjid-ul-Aqsa of which environs We have blessed, so that We let him see some of Our signs. Surely, He is the All-Hearing, the All- Seeing."

The word Isra is referred to as "walking in night" and the root word of Miraj is Arooj which means; "going to a higher place". During this blessed night, Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) journeyed to sky level to meet Allah (Glorious is He), and for this particular reason in Islamic history this journey is recognized to be as "The night of Isra and Miraj".

In research we may come across few different sayings on the period of the journey however the most accepted saying that when Miraj happened is 1 year before Migrating toward Madina, (some saying may state 2 or even 3 years before migrating). Similarly the most accepted saying on the day/month of the journey is 27th Rajab, However some sayings will state 17th Rabi ul Awal, 27th Rabi ul Awal, 29th Ramadan, 17th Rabi us Sani, Shawal and Zil Haj.

As little as one year before his (peace be upon him) exodus from Makka to Madina, on the 27th night of Rajab, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) had a unique and exclusive experience in the history of all religions. The Prophet (peace be upon him) accompanied by Angel Jabreel and Makail was taken for Night Journey-(ISRA) from Makka to Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. And then to Sidra Tul Muntaha and then Qaab Qosain and beyond.

This journey consist of 3 stages:
    1. FROM AL HARAM TO AL AQSA MOSQUE
    2. FROM AL AQSA MOSQUE TO SIDRA TUL MUNTAHA
    3. FROM SIDRA TUL MUNTAHA TO QAAB O QOSAIN
    and
    4. RETURN
    5. THE RESPONSE
    6. REFERENCES

1. FROM AL HARAM TO AL AQSA MOSQUE

The night Allah's Apostle was taken for a journey from the sacred mosque (of Makkah) Al-Ka’bah: Three persons came to him (in a dreamy while he was sleeping in the Sacred Mosque before the Divine Inspiration was revealed to Him. One of them said, "Which of them is he?" The middle (second) angel said, "He is the best of them." The last (third) angle said, "Take the best of them." Only that much happened on that night and he did not see them till they came on another night, i.e. after The Divine Inspiration was revealed to him. (Fateh-Al-Bari Page 258, Vol. 17) and he saw them, his eyes were asleep but his heart was not----and so is the case with the prophets: their eyes sleep while their hearts do not sleep.

On the night of Meraj, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) was resting in Hateem e Qaba along with Hazrat Hamza and one other companion when angel Jabreel along with angel Makail came and woke him up, Prophet Muhammad saw around him but saw no one so he lay back, Jabreel woke him up again, He saw no one again and lay back. Third time Jabreel hold his hand wake him up and told him that Allah (Glorious is He) has invited him (peace be upon him) and wants to meet him.
    (In Rooh al Maani 5:15, narrated by Malik bin Sausaa rz, hijar is mentioned as the resting place of Prophet Muhammad, and in another hadith Hateem is mentioned)

After that Angel took Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) to the well of ZamZam, there Jabreel (as) said Makail (as) to give him a tray and water from the well of Zamzam, so that he can wash the chest of Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon Him),. After these things were provided, Jabreel (as) revealed Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him) chest and washed His heart three times. In this process Makail (as) provided tray's of zamzam water 7 times.
    There was no bleeding and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) didn't even feel any pain. (Note: 4 times in His life, Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him) heart was washed). After washing his heart, Makail (as) brought along a tray of gold which was filled with Faith and Hiqmat and Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon Him) chest was filled with it. In completion to this the stamp of Prophet Hood was placed between His shoulders.

After that a white, horse like animal was brought as his ride, which was bridled and saddled. It was smaller then a Mole and bigger then a donkey. Its name was Burraq. It showed some resistance, and Jibreel (as) said, “Will you do that with Muhammad? No one nobler than he in Allah’s sight has ridden you.” That brought it perspiration.
    So Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) rode him and the journey began. Burraq was very speedy that The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "The animal's step (was so wide that it) reached the furthest point within the reach of the animal's sight. Jabreel (as) and Makail (as) were at the right and left side of Burraq. Some times during the journey, Jabreel (as) shared the ride with Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him).

Before reaching Bait ul Muqdas in Jerusalem, Jabreel (as) took Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) to a green valley and said, "Come down and say prayer here". Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) performed prayer as requested and after that Jabreel (as) said "Do you know where you said the prayer?". Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) said "No". Jabreel (as) said "you said prayer in Madina which is your place of migration".

Then Jabreel (as) took Him to some other place and requested the same thing and after prayer he told Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) that this time you said prayer in Madeen (The town where Prophet Mosa (as) lived).

Then Jabreel (as) took him on yet another place and said the same thing. And after prayer he told Him that "this time you said prayer in "Bait ul Laham" (Bait ul Laham is a town near Bait ul Muqdas where Prophet Isa (as) was born). After that they continued their journey toward al Aqsa mosque.

On their way toward al Aqsa mosque, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) passed by the grave of Prophet Mosa (as) near the red mound. He was saying prayer in His grave. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that he had curly hair like the people of Shanva tribe (Shanva was a tribe of Yaman). Then they reached Al Aqsa Mosque.
    On reaching al Aqsa mosque, Jibril gestured with his finger. So, he made (thereby) a hole in a stone and tied the Buraq to it.” Burraq was tide on the door of the mosque with the same tie bar that Prophets before Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) used to tie their rides. After some time Jabreel (as) said to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) that "you are not among those who's ride will stand outside the doors. Instead Your ride will stand inside" and then he brought Burraq inside the mosque.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) entered al Aqsa mosque from the door called Baab e Muhammad. Inside the mosque, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) met some Prophets, The call for prayer was said by Jabreel (as) and all the Prophets made rows (like people do for prayers) and were waiting to see that who will lead the prayer. At that moment Jabreel (as) held the hand of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and sent him forward so that he will lead the prayer. So Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) led that prayer. During the prayer, Prophet Ibraheem (as) was standing right behind Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him). On the right side of Prophet Ibraheem (as) was standing Prophet Ismaeel (as) and on left side was standing Prophet Ishaaq (as).

After prayer, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) praised Allah and then addressed all the Prophets in these words ...
    "You all have praised Allah, now i will praise my Rabb! All praises and oneness belongs to Allah who made me mercy for all the worlds, the one who tells good news and to scare people from Allah's punishment. And I am given The Quran in which every thing is mentioned and My ummah (community) is made better and moderate (balanced). And its My ummah (community) which is the first one and the last one (first ummah to enter paradise in the day of judgment and last as there will be no new ummah after). And He (Allah) opened My heart and took away My burden and raised (made blissful) my remembrance. Made me victorious and the finisher."
    After that Prophet Ibraheem (as) addressed like "It feels like Muhammad Rasool Allah exceeded us all in Superiority"
    (Al-Shifa by Qazi Ayyaz rz)

After prayer, Jabreel (as) along with Angle Malik (the keeper of hell) came to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and introduced Malik to Him and said "This is Malik, say Salam to him", and when Prophet Muhammad look toward him (Malik), he said Salam first". Every prophet and angle was smiling when meeting Prophet Muhammad but Malik. Prophet Muhammad asked Jabreel (as) that "Whats the reason that who ever I have met has greeted me with a smile and welcomed me but this person replied to my greets and welcomed me with prayers but didn't smile?" Jabreel(as) replied "He is Malik! the keeper of hell, from the day he is born till now, he never smiled. And if he would smile then you were the only person he would smile for".

On the place called "Aliyea" Two cups, one containing wine and the other milk, were presented to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) at Jerusalem. He looked at it and took the cup of milk. Jabreel said, "Praise be to Allah Who guided you to Al-Fitra (the right path); if you had taken (the cup of) wine, your nation would have gone astray."

The 2nd part of journey commenced.

2. FROM AL AQSA MOSQUE TO SIDRA TUL MUNTAHA

After al Aqsa mosque, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) along with Jabreel (as) began their journey towards the skies. Among many doors of first sky they reached on the door named "Baab ul Hifza", which is guarded by an angel named Ismaeel. (Note: This angel stepped on earth only one time when he came with angel Jabreel (as) to visit Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) before his death other wise he is in constant levitation position). (Note: The door known as "Masad ul Malaiq" of first heaven is in front of Al Aqsa Mosque).

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "When I reached the 1st heaven. Jabreel said to the heaven gate-keeper, 'Open the gate.' The gatekeeper asked, 'Who is it?' He said, 'Jabreel.' The gate-keeper,' Who is accompanying you?' Jabreel said, 'Muhammad.' The gate-keeper said, 'Has he been called?' Jabreel said, 'Yes.' Then it was said, 'He is welcomed. What a wonderful visit his is!'.  (Tafseer Al-Baghvi, 3:93)
    Then I met Adam and greeted him and he said, 'You are welcomed O my pious son and a Prophet, what a good son you are!" ' Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) addressed him as grand father. Prophet Adam's (as) appearance was the same as the day Allah created him (means too beautiful). There were two groups of people on the right and left side of Prophet Adam (AS). When he looked up to his right, he laughed and when he looked to his left, he wept. Upon asking Gabreel (AS) told that "These parties on his right and on his left are the souls of his descendants. Those of them on his right are the inmates of Paradise and the parties which are on his left side are the inmates of Hell; so when he looked towards his right side, he laughed, and when he looked towards his left side, he wept."
    The name of 1st sky is Rafi' (رفیع) and its Water Colored.

Then they ascended to the second heaven. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Jabreel said, 'Jabreel.' It was said, 'Who is with you?' He said, 'Muhammad' It was asked, 'Has he been sent for?' He said, 'Yes.' It was said, 'He is welcomed. What a wonderful visit his is!" Then I met Isa b. Maryam and Yahya b. Zakariya (John the Baptist), cousins from the maternal side along with few people of their nation. Their hair and cloths were alike and greeted them, and they replied, 'You are welcomed, O brother and a Prophet.' Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) said "I saw Jesus who was of average height with red face".
    The name of 2nd sky is  Qaydum (قیدوم) and its Cobalt Colored.

Then they ascended to the third heaven. It was asked, 'Who is it?' Jabreel said, 'Jabreel.' It was said, 'Who is with you?' He said, 'Muhammad.' It was asked, 'Has he been sent for?' 'Yes,' said Jabriel. 'He is welcomed. What a wonderful visit his is!' (The Prophet (peace be upon him) added). There I met Prophet Yousuf (as) who had been given half of (world) beauty along with few people of his nation and greeted him, and he replied, 'You are welcomed, O brother and a Prophet!'. A hadith states about the beauty of Hazrat Yousuf (as), "His face was shining like the moon of 14th night (like full moon)".
    Aulima says that Beauty of Prophet Muhammad is much more then the beauty of Prophet Yousuf. Because it is never said about prophet Yousuf that the noor (light) of his face was to be seen on walls like mirrors, and one was able to see other things. But it is mentioned about Prophet Muhammad that his beauty was of this level. And Allah has hide most of Prophet Muhammad's beauty from the world other wise no one was able to see his face. This statement is also backed by a hadith narrated by Hazrat Anas (Rz) that "Allah never appointed a prophet who was not handsome and didnt had a beautiful voice, And your prohet (Prophet Muhammad) had the most beautiful voice then all" (Allah knows best).
    The name of 3rd sky is  Marum (ماروم) and its Brass Colored.

Then they ascended to the 4th heaven and again the same questions and answers were exchanged as in the previous heavens. There Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) met Prophet Idris and greeted him. He said, 'You are welcomed O brother and Prophet.'
    The name of 4th sky is Arfalun (أرفلون) and its Silver Colored.

Then they ascended to the 5th heaven and again the same questions and answers were exchanged as in previous heavens. There Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) met and greeted Prophet Haroon who said, 'You are welcomed O brother and a Prophet". Half beard of Prophet Haroon was white and rest of the half was black. Few people of his nation were sitting around him and Haroon (as) was telling them different incidents.
    The name of 5th sky is Hay'oun (هيعون) and its Gold Colored.

Then they ascended to the 6th heaven and again the same questions and answers were exchanged as in the previous heavens. There Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) met and greeted Prophet Mosa (as) who said, 'You are welcomed O brother and a Prophet.' Pray for my and my ummah's good. Allah's Apostle said, "On the night of my Ascension to Heaven, I saw (the prophet) Moses who was a thin person with lank hair, looking like one of the men of the tribe of Shanua. Then Prophet Mosa (as) addressed the ummah and said "people think that i am superior and close to Allah then Him (prophet Muhammad), but reality is that He is superior and closer to Allah".
    "Sayyidina Ibn Abbas (RA) narrated: When the Prophet (SAW) was taken to the (heavens for the) mi’raj, he passed by a Prophet and Prophets with whom were a group of people, a Prophet and Prophets with whom was a raht, a Prophet and Prophets with whom was nobody till he passed by a great multitude. He asked. “Who is this?” He was told, “Musa and his people, but raise your head and see.” He said, “I saw a great multitude that had plugged the horizon from this side barricaded the horizon from that side.” He was told, “These are you ummah and apart from these there are seventy thousand of your ummah who will enter paradise without any accounting.” Then he came (home) and they did not ask him and he did not explain to them. They said (to one another), “We are among them.” And some said, “they are the children born on nature and on Islam.’ The Prophet came out and said, “They are those who do not have themselves cauterized or treated with incantation (charms) , or believe in omens, but on their Lord do they rely. Ukashah  ibn Mihsan got up and said, “Am I one of them,O Messenger of , “Yes.” Then another came and asked, “Am I one of them?” He said, “Ukashah overtook you in that.”".
    The name of 6th sky is Arous (عروس) and its Green Garnet Colored.

When He proceeded on, Prophet Mosa (as) started weeping and on being asked why he was weeping, he said, 'O Lord! Followers of this youth who was sent after me will enter Paradise in greater number than my followers.'

The roots of Sidra Tul Muntaha starts from 6th sky, That is where everything that comes up from below ends (like good deeds and pious souls), and where everything that comes down from above, until it is taken from it (like the orders from Allah, and then angels apply those orders on there required places).

Then they ascended to the seventh sky which is called "Areeb" (At a place it is mentioned as Ajma' (عجماء) too and its White Pearl Colored) and again the same questions and answers were exchanged as in the previous heavens. On reaching 7th sky, Prophet Muhammad raised his head upward and saw cloud's thunder and lightening. There Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) met and greeted Prophet Ibraheem(as) who's hair was mixed black and white, reclining against the Bait-ul-Mamoor which is made of Ateeq (red diamond). He was aged. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also told that Prophet Ibraheem (as) is very much alike Him in appearance and manners. who said, 'You are welcomed o son and a Prophet.'
    Prophet Ibraheem also said that "O Prophet of Allah! today you are about to meet God. Your nation is the last nation and also the weakest. So if you can get any eases for your nation then do get them." He also said, “0 Muhammad! convey my greetings to your ummah and order them to plant trees in heaven in greater number because paradise has an excellent soil, sweet water and have an even plain. And its trees are Glorified be Allah and praise be to Allah and there is no God but Allah, and Allah is the Greatest." Prophet Muhammad asked "What is meant by trees of Paradise? Prophet Ibraheem (AS) replied "Reciting لاحول ولاقوۃ الا باللہ (La hola wala Quwata illa billa)"
    Prophet Muhammad asked Jabreel (AS) about bait ul mamoor(Allah's house on 7th sky for angels), he said, This is Al Bait-ul-Mamoor where 70,000 angels perform prayers daily and when they leave they never return to it (but always a fresh batch comes into it daily).' Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said 2 raqat prayer in Bait ul Mamoor.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) stated that on each sky He saw 2 pillars of yakoot and zabarjad (two precious stones)  who were so bright that every thing in the sky was glowing because of their light. And He was told that Allah placed these pillars in each sky the day He(Prophet Muhammad) was born.

It was narrated that 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud said: "On the night on which the Messenger of Allah P.B.U.H was taken on the Night Journey (Isra'), he met Ibrahim, Musa and 'Eisa, and they discussed the Hour (Qayyamat( The day of judgement)). They started with Ibrahim, and asked him about it, but he did not have any knowledge of it. Then they asked Musa, and he did not have any knowledge of it. Then they asked 'Eisa bin Maryam, and he said: 'I have been assigned to some tasks before it happens.' As for as when it will take place, no one knows that except Allah. Then he mentioned Dajjal and said: 'I will descend and kill him, then the people will return to their own lands and will be confronted with Gog and Magog people, who will: "swoop down from every mound."They will not pass by any water but they will drink it, (and they will not pass) by anything but they will spoil it. They (the people) will beseech Allah, and I will pray to Allah to kill them. The earth will be filled with their stench and (the people) will beseech Allah and I will pray to Allah, then the sky will send down rain that will carry them and through them in the sea.Then the mountains will turn dust and the earth will be stretched out like a hide. I have been promised that when that the Hour will come upon the peoples like a pregnant woman whose family does not know when she will suddenly give birth.” (One of the narrators) ‘Awwâm said: Confirmation of that is found in the Book of Allah, where Allah says: “Until, when Gog and Magog people are let loose (from their bather), and they swoop down from every mound.” (Sahih)

Then Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) along with Jabreel (as) raised from 7th sky and was shown Sidra tul Muntaha whose leaves were like elephant ears and its fruit like big earthenware vessels. And then He went closer to that tree as much as Allah allowed, it underwent such a change that none amongst the creation has the power to praise its beauty.

A Hadith is mentioned in Tafseer e NeshaPuri and Tafseer Dur ul Manshoor which says like " Angels prayed that "Oh Allah! For the person you created this universe and to whom you send darood all the time and we (angels) too recite darood on him cause of your order, Today that highly honored person is coming. Oh Allah please grant us the honor of seeing him too"". Allah accepted there prayer and ordered them to gather from all the skies and sit on sidta tul muntaha. All the angels gathered on Sidra tul Muntaha that day to see Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon Him). In Quran this scene is defined as
    (53:16): "Behold, the Lote-tree was shrouded"
    Tafseer Dur ul Manshoor (6:116)

He also said that 4 channels are coming out of the roots of Sidra tul Muntaha. 2 going inside paradise. About 2 outer ones He asked, "What are these two rivers, O Gabriel?" Gabriel said, "These are the sources of the Nile and the Euphrates (Farat)". He also saw a spring coming out of the roots of Sidra tul Muntaha which further divided into 2 channels, one is called Qosar and other is called the channel of mercy. He took bath in that spring.

After that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) entered paradise and saw tents made of pearls and its soil of musk and stones were also pearls. On the door of paradise He saw written "Reward of charity is 10 times more and reward of (giving) loan is 18 times more.
    While He was walking in Paradise, He saw a river, on the two banks of which there were palaces made of hollow pearls and emerald and There was a green bird in that river which was so beautiful that He had never seen some thing like that. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) asked, "What is this, O Jabreel?' He said, 'That is the Kauthar (Qosar), which Your Lord has given to you.' Behold! Its scent or its mud was sharp smelling musk!.
    Prophet Muhammad (May peace be upon Him) also heard the footsteps of Hazrat Billal (RZ) walking ahead of him in jannah. He also saw a great palace, i asked who's palace is this? and he was told that this palace belongs to Hazrat Umar bin khatab (rz), Prophet Muhammad first thought to look it from inside but then he thought that going inside Umar's palace would be against Umar's honor.
    After coming back, Prophet asked Billal that "What good deed have you done after accepting Islam that gives you hope of a great reward cause i have heard your footsteps in Heaven?" Hazrat Billal Replied, "I dont know of any deed but ya when ever in day or night i make ablution(Wuzu), i say prayer (Nafal)."  and when Hazrat Umar heard about his palace and feelings of Prophet Muhammad, he said "O Prophet of Allah! my parents would be sacrifice on you, would i be feeling disrespectful from you? When Allah have granted me this high honor just because of you. And when Allah have guided me toward right path through you."

He was also shown hell and he saw people were punished for different sins. He saw a person who's color was so red that it appeared blue. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) asked Jabreel, "who is he?" Jabreel (as) replied "this is the person who killed the camel of Prophet Salah (as)".
    Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) also saw Dajjal that night.

Sayyidina Ibn Masud (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger narrated the account of the night of ascension to heaven and disclosed, “I did not pass by any section of the angels but they instructed me to command my ummah to have themselves cupped.’ He said, “The best cupping you can have is on the 17th, 19th and 21st.” He said also, “The best medicine you treat yourself with is Sa’ut, Ladud, cupping and purgative.”

The Messenger of Allah P.B.U.H said: "On the night in which I was taken on the Night Journey (AI-Isra'), I came to people whose stomachs were like houses, in which there were snakes that could be seen from outside their stomachs. I said: 'Who are these, a Jibrail?' He said: 'They are the ones who consumed usury.''' "He Saw a person whose cheek you saw being torn away (from the mouth to the ear) was a liar and used to tell lies and the people would report those lies on his authority till they spread all over the world. So he will be punished like that till the Day of Resurrection." He also said that "When I was taken up to heaven I passed by people who had nails of copper and were scratching their faces and their breasts. I said: Who are these people, Gabriel? He replied: They are those who were given to back biting and who aspersed people's honor"

It was narrated fron Ubayy bin ka`ab that on the night when he P.BU.H was  taken on the Night Journey (Isra'), the Messenger of Allah  P.B.U.H noticed a good fragrance and said: "0 Jibra`il, what is this good fragrance?" He said: "This is the fragrance of the grave of the hairdresser and her two sons and her husband." He said: "That began when Khadir, who was one of the nobles of the Children of Israel, used to pass by a monk in his cell. The monk used to meet him and he taught him Islam. When Khadir reached adolescence, his father married him to a woman. He taught her and made her promise not to teach it to anyone. He used not to touch women, so he divorced her, then his father married him to another woman, and he taught her and made her promise not to teach it to anyone. One of them kept the secret but the other disclosed it, so he fled until he came to an island in the sea. Two men came, gathering firewood, and saw him. One of them kept the secret bu t the other disclosed it and said: 'I have seen Khadir.' It was said: 'Who else saw him besides you?' He said:' So andso.' (The other man) was questioned but he kept silent. According to their religion, the liar was to be killed. The woman who had kept the secret got married, and while she was combing the hair of Pharaoh's daughter, she dropped the comb and said: 'May Pharaoh perish!' (The daughter) told her father about that. The woman had sons a husband. (Pharaoh) sent for them, and tried to make the woman and her husband give up their religion, but they refused, He said:`I am going to kill you.` They said: 'It would be an act of kindness on your part, if you kill, to us in one grave. So he did that.'' When the Prophet P.B.U.H  was taken on the Night Journey (Isra`), he noticed a good fragrance and asked Jibril about it and he told him."

The 3rd stage of the journey commenced.

3. FROM SIDRA TUL MUNTAHA TO QAAB O QOSAIN

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) informed us that when the journey beyond Sidra tul Muntaha started, Jabreel (as) stopped at a place. He asked him why he stopped? he replied "If i will go beyond this place even as the distance of an ant, my wings will burn."
    Al Yawakeet wal Jawahir (3:34)
    According to another saying he said "Now its up to you and your Lord (Allah). This is my limit and i cant go beyond this."

The Prophet of Mercy (peace be upon Him) asked Jabreel (as) that if he needs some thing or have any wish that he wants to ask Allah?
    Jabreel (as) said "O Muhammad (peace be upon Him)! please ask Allah to grant me the rite to stand on the Sirat Bridge (which is said to be sharp as sword and thin as hair) with my wings open so that your ummah (nation) will cross the bridge safely walking on my wings."

In Mashqaat Shareef it is mentioned that when Prophet Muhammad and Jabreel (AS) reached sidra tul muntaha, an angel appeared there, Prophet Muhammad asked Jabreel (AS) that who is this angel, He said "I swear on the name of Allah who appointed you (prophet Muhammad) with truth that i am closest to Allah among all of his creation, but from the time of my birth till now, other then this time i have never seen this angel. That angel said "Allah ho akbar, Allah ho akbar.(Allah is greatest, Allah is greatest)" And a voice was heard saying "My servant have said the truth, Ana Akbar Ana akbar (i am Greatest, i am Greatest)." Then that angel (who appeared there) recited some sayings of Azan (call for prayer).

For the next part of journey Allah sent a green throne as the ride of Prophet Muhammad (may peace be upon Him), which is called "RafRaf". Prophet Muhammad sat on RafRaf and began his journey forward.
    Jabreel (as) called from behind that "O Muhammad! Allah is praising you. Hear it and do obedience and don't get scared." So Prophet Muhammad praised Allah. During his journey he reached a plain place where He heard the voice of pen's writing. That place is called "Sareer Aqlaam". That was the place where Allah's orders toward his creation were written in Looh e Mahfooz.
    At a place Rafraf stopped too and after that a circle of Noor was brought as the ride of our beloved prophet
    Coming forward from Sidra tul Muntaha, Prophet Muhammad passed through 70,000 curtains of Noor. At that place there was no feeling of even any angel. So Prophet Muhammad felt some depression. That time he heard the voice of Abu Bakr Sadeeq who was saying that "Stop! your Lord is saying prayer".
    Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that "I was surprised to hear Abu Bakr's voice at that place and was thinking that "Has Abu Bakr reached this place before me?and what is the meaning of Allah is saying prayer? as Allah is beyond any prayer"
    As he was thinking this and reached the limit of highness. The place where Allah all mighty lives. That place in Quran is mentioned like
    (53:7): "And he (Muhammad [blessings and peace be upon him]) was on the uppermost horizon (of the realm of creation during the Ascension Night i.e., on the apex of the created cosmos)."

He heard a voice from the edge of uppermost horizon saying "Come closer O best creation. Come closer O Ahmad. Come closer O Ahmad". Then Allah brought me closer. So closer that in Quran it is mentioned as
    (53:8,9): "Then He (the Lord of Honor) drew closer (to His Beloved Muhammad [blessings and peace be upon him]) and then drew even closer. Then a distance measuring only two bow-lengths was left (between Allah Unveiled and His Esteemed Beloved), or even less than that (in extreme nearness)."

At that place Allah and His Prophet talked to each other for as long as Allah wanted, the complete talk is neither revealed in Quran or in Hadith. In Quran only this one ayat is mentioned.
    (53:10): So (on that station of nearness) He (Allah) revealed to His (Beloved) servant whatever He revealed.

And Prophet Muhammad didn't say the details of that conversation either. Only few things about that are known;
    When Prophet Muhammad SAW met Allah SWT, he didn't say 'Assalam aleikum'.
    How can some one send peace on Allah because all sources of peace are through Him.

So Prophet Muhammad SAW said:
    '' ﺍَﻟﺘَﺤِﻴَّﺎﺕُﻟِﻠَّﻪِ ﻭَﺍﻟﺼَّﻠَﻮَﺍﺕُ ﻭَﺍﻟﻄَّﻴِّﺒَﺎﺕُ "
    "Attahiyyaatu Lillahi Was Salawatu Wattayyibatu"
    (All compliments, all prayer and worship are for Allah)

Allah SWT replied:
    ﺍﻟﺴَّﻠَﺎﻡُ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻚَ ﺃَﻳُّﻬَﺎ ﺍﻟﻨَّﺒِﻲُّ ﻭَﺭَﺣْﻤَﺔُ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪِ ﻭَﺑَﺮَﻛَﺎﺗُﻪُ
    "Assalamu Alaika Ayyuhannabiyyu 'Warahmatullahi
    Wabarka'tuhu"
    (Peace be upon you, Oh Prophet and Allah's Mercy and Blessings).

To this, Prophet Muhammad SAW replied:
    ﺍﻟﺴَّﻠَﺎﻡُ ﻋَﻠَﻴْﻨَﺎ ﻭَﻋَﻠَﻰ ﻋِﺒَﺎﺩِ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪِ ﺍﻟﺼَّﺎﻟِﺤِﻴﻦَ
    "Assalamu Alaina Wa'ala'Ibadillahis Saa'liheen"
    (Peace be on us and on all good slaves of Allah)
    Note* Prophet Muhammad SAW included "us" in his reply... (and on all good slaves of Allah)

And listening to this conversation between Allah SWT and His Messenger SAW, the Angels said:
    ﺃَﺷْﻬَﺪُ ﺃَﻥْ ﻟَﺎ ﺇِﻟَﻪَ ﺇِﻟَّﺎ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪُ ﻭَﺣْﺪَﻩُ ﻟَﺎ ﺷَﺮِﻳﻚَ ﻟَﻪُ ﻭَﺃَﺷْﻬَﺪُ ﺃَﻥَّ ﻣُﺤَﻤَّﺪًﺍ ﻋَﺒْﺪُﻩُ ﻭَﺭَﺳُﻮﻟُﻪ
    "Ash'had'u'un La ilahaillallahu Wa Ash'hadu Anna Muhammadun Abd'uhu Wa Rasooluh"

This above conversation is called Attihiyyaat. The dua we recite in our each salat.

In Jamia Trumadi it is mentioned that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) said:
    "Allah appeared to me in a very beautiful form. That moment we heard angels of skies were talking on some matter. Allah said "O Muhammad". I said " Here I am, O Allah, at Your service; here I am at Your service". Allah asked "what angles are talking about?". I said "O Allah! i don't know."
    So Allah placed his hand between my shoulders and i felt its coolness in my chest. And then every thing was revealed to me."

Further More Prophet Muhammad (May Peace be upon Him) said that:
    I asked Allah that when i was feeling depressed after raising above from Sidra tul Muntaha, i heard some one speaking in the style of Abu Bakr and he told me to "Stay! Allah is saying prayer". I was surprised on both things that has Abu Bakr reached this place before me and that My Allah is beyond saying prayers.
    Allah replied "I am beyond saying prayer for any one. I say "Subhani Subhani" (I am pure, I am pure) and "My mercy exceeds my anger". So my prayer is to bless you and your ummah.
    And O Muhammad! as far as your friend is concern (voice of Abu Bakr), same like as Mosa (as) keep his stick dear to him And when I talked to him, I asked him that O Mosa! what is in your right hand? He replied "its my stick" so His concentration diverted from my great presence to his stick and he started talking about his stick. (Means he became less frightened because of my presence and his thoughts diverted toward stick). Same like that because you like your friend Abu Bakr, So i created an angel same like him who began speaking in his voice so that the depression you felt because of my great presence, will go away hearing your friend's voice".

Allah also said "Ask me any thing you want"
    Prophet Muhammad said "O Allah! you made Ibraheem (as) Khalil (friend) and granted him a wast kingdom, Talked with Mosa (as), Granted Dawood (as) a huge country, made iron soft in His hands and gave mountains under his obedience, Granted Salman (as) with such kingdom that humans, Jinns and devils were under his command and granted him with such a great kingdom that no one after him can have that kind of kingdom, Gave Isa (as) the knowledge of Toraat and Injeel and gave him the miracle that his touch could cure blinds and amputees, and saved him and his mother from Devil so that devil can not win over them"
    Allah Said " O Prophet! I made you Khaleel too and also Mehboob(beloved one), So in Toraah "Muhammad Habeeb al Rahman" (Mohammad! the beloved of the one merciful) is mentioned. And I made you Prophet for whole mankind and granted your ummah the honor that it is number one in superiority among all the nations and the last one according to time. And their sermon is not correct unless they don't give the testimony that you are my worshiper and my Messenger. I created you before all other prophets and sent you as the last. And granted you the Surah of 7 verses (Fatiha) and never gave such surah to any prophet. I also made you victorious and finisher".

And Allah asked me that "what is the wish of Jabreel"?
    I replied "O Allah! you know better"
    Allah Said " I granted him his wish but its only for those people who loved you and became your friends"

After that Allah made obligatory for me fifty prayers every day and night. (And also the concluding verses of Sura al-Baqara, and remission of serious Sins for those among his Ummah who associate not anything with Allah). And then Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) came back with 50 prayers and revolution to Sidra tul muntaha, were Jabreel was waiting for him. Jabreel hold my hand and we came down very quickly. The Prophet descended till he met Moses, and then Moses stopped him and asked, "O Muhammad ! What did your Lord en join upon you?" The Prophet replied," He enjoined upon me to perform fifty prayers in a day and a night." Moses said, "Your followers cannot do that; Go back so that your Lord may reduce it for you and for them. And i have spend time with Bani Israeel"
     So the Prophet turned to Gabriel as if he wanted to consult him about that issue. Gabriel did not disapprove of that and told him of his opinion, "Yes, if you wish." So Gabriel ascended with him to the Irresistible and said while he was in his place, "Lord of every thing! for my sake make things lighter for my Ummah as my followers cannot do that. As my followers are weak in their bodies, hearts, hearing and constitution" So Allah deducted for him ten prayers where upon he returned to Moses who stopped him again and kept on sending him back to his Lord till the enjoined prayers were reduced to only five prayers.
    When Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) left, He heard a voice saying, "O Muhammad!" the Prophet replied, "Labbaik and Sa'daik." Allah said, "The Word that comes from Me does not change, so it will be as I enjoined on you in the Mother of the Book." Allah added, "Every good deed will be rewarded as ten times so it is fifty (prayers) in the Mother of the Book (in reward) but you are to perform only five (in practice). He who intends to do a good deed and does not do it will have a good deed recorded for him; and if he does it, it will be recorded for him as ten; whereas he who intends to do an evil deed and does not do, it will not be recorded for him; and if he does it, only one evil deed will be recorded."
    Then Moses stopped him when the prayers had been reduced to five and asked, "What have you done?" He said, "He has lightened our burden: He has given us for every good deed a tenfold reward." Prophet Mosa said, "O Muhammad! By Allah, I tried to persuade my nation Bani Israel to do less than this, but they could not do it and gave it up. However, your followers are weaker in body, heart, sight and hearing, so return to your Lord so that He may lighten your burden."
    Allah's Apostle said, "O Moses! By Allah, I feel shy of returning too many times to my Lord." On that Gabriel said, "Descend in Allah's Name."
    (Bukhari)

Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) heard "I have passed My Order and have lessened the burden of My Worshipers."

It is also said that first with 50 prayers, it was made obligatory to wash cloth's 7 times in case urine will touch it and to take shower 7 times in case of need of a Ghusal after sex. But because of the request of our Prophet, Allah reduced prayers to 5, washing the cloth and shower to 1.

After that Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon Him) returned

4. RETURN

On the same night, only some time later after he had commenced his journey, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) returned to Makkah.

A hadith is mentioned in Al-Shifa that "I came back in Al Haram Mosque.
    On his way back, Prophet Muhammad saw 3 caravans of Qureish coming back toward Makkah. 1st caravan he saw at the place called "Rooha". People of this caravan were searching for their missing camel. Prophet Muhammad was feeling thirsty so when he reached this place he saw a water bowel and he drank water from it. When he was about to continue journey Prophet Muhammad saw the person who was searching for missing camel, coming back. Prophet Muhammad greeted him. Some people in caravan recognized the Prophet's voice and said "it sound's like the voice of Muhammad".
    When he reached "Zil Fajja" he saw the 2nd caravan. He saw 2 friends (Prophet told there names to quresh on asking) were riding same camel. When Burraq passed by them, their camel got scared and ran. Both friends fall from it and one of them broke his hand.
    He saw 3rd caravan on the place called "Talween". He saw a brown camel in front of it having 2 sacks over it. One with black lines and other with white lines.

This miraculous journey was about to become a weapon against Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his followers by his enemies, and equally it would be an extreme test of faith for the believers. Upon his homecoming, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) made his way to Umm Ayman and told her of his miraculous journey. She responded, “O Messenger of God, do not tell anyone about this.” Umm Ayman had perfect faith in Prophet Muhammad and believed his account of the journey, but she was afraid of how others would respond.
    Prophet Muhammad described Umm Ayman as “my mother after my own mother”. She was the faithful servant of his mother Aminah and remained with Prophet Muhammad through the deaths of his mother and grandfather. Prophet Muhammad and Umm Ayman had always been very close, and at the completion of this wondrous journey, he went to Umm Ayman’s home, perhaps for comfort and ease while he contemplated this miracle, and decided his next move.
    Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) responded by saying that he would tell the people about the wondrous night. He considered it his responsibility before God to convey the message, no matter the response or consequences; God was responsible for the outcome. He left the house quietly with sombre contemplation, and made his way to the Holy Mosque. He met people along the way, and slowly the news of the night journey spread amongst the people.

5. THE RESPONSE
    While Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him) was sitting alone silently and sad in the Mosque thinking that people will not accept his words (about meraj), Abu Jahl approached him and after seeing him sitting sad he asked casually, “O Muhammad is there anything happen to you?” Prophet Muhammad replied "Yes." Abo Jahal sat beside Prophet Muhammad and asked "Has some thing happen to you?" Prophet Muhammad again replied "Yes". He asked "what happen?"  Known as one of the greatest enemies of Islam Abu Jahl was responsible for the torture, punishment, murder and harassment of the new Muslims throughout the early days of Islam. Even though he was aware of the animosity and hatred Abu Jahl felt towards him, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) answered truthfully and said, “This past night I have traveled to Jerusalem and back.”
    Abu Jahl, being unable to contain his amusement, responded by requesting Muhammad to repeat these words in front of the people of Makkah. Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) responded in the affirmative, and Abu Jahl left the Mosque running, calling out to the people as he ran through the streets. When sufficient people had gathered in the Mosque, at Abu Jahl’s request Prophet Muhammad said, for all to hear, “I have been to Jerusalem and back.”

The crowd of people started to laugh, whistle, and clap. They treated it as a big joke and fell against one another laughing. This was the response expected by Abu Jahl and he was thrilled. The disbelievers in the crowd saw a chance to put an end to Islam. They ridiculed and belittled Prophet Muhammad’s claim. Among the crowd were people who had traveled to Jerusalem and they asked Prophet Muhammad to describe what he had seen.

The Prophet of Allah began to describe his journey but he became irritated. He spent only a brief amount of time in Jerusalem, and the miraculous nature of this travels had meant that he did not remember small details and descriptions. However, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) tells us that Allah showed him the details “right in front of his eyes” and he described what he had seen “stone by stone, brick by brick”. The travelers confirmed his descriptions. (Saheeh Bukhari)

When people saw that Prophet Muhammad is telling all the things correctly they changed their questions and began asking about the 3 caravans. Prophet Muhammad told them the detail about every caravan and told them the 3 incidents too. Non believers thought that these are strong signs so lets see if they are true or not when caravans will return. While returning they said "okay tell us when these caravans will reach Makkah?"
    Prophet Muhammad replied " 1st caravan will reach on sun rise tomorrow. 2nd will reach when sun will be in the middle (near noon) and 3rd caravan will reach just before sun set".

Hearing the time of arrival of the caravan, 2 groups of people of Makkah went to high mountains and began waiting for sun rise. One group was of non believers who wanted to see Prophet Muhammad's saying going wrong. and other group was of Muslims who were sure that what ever their Prophet told will come true.
    Muslims were looking for caravan while non believers were looking for sun. The moment sun showed its light a non believer said in the loud voice "By god sun raised". And he wasn't even finish and Muslims said in even louder voice "see there, caravan is arrived". Seeing this non believers said "we don't believe this. Its Magic"
    Same thing happen with 2nd caravan.
    3rd caravan how ever came little late. Sun was about to set and there was no sigh of caravan. Non believers were happy that they can prove Prophet Muhammad's words wrong here. So Allah stopped the sun there. Sun stayed on the edge of skies till the 3rd caravan returned. When non believers had no answer of this miracle they said "we don't believe this. Its clear magic".
    (Al-Shafa 1:284)
    (Huja tul Alal Aalameen 298)

The people of Makkah also dispatched some one to meet the caravans before they entered the city to ask questions about the previous night. All 3 caravans confirmed the words of Prophet Muhammad. But non believers just didn't accepted.

The Sweetness of Faith To those whose faith was strong and true, the Power of Allah was obvious. Abo Jahal  who found the whole story difficult to believe went to see Abu Bakr, the best friend and loyal supporter of Prophet Mohammad. He asked him if he believed Prophet Muhammad traveled overnight to Jerusalem, and back to Makkah. Without hesitation Abu Bakr replied, “If the messenger of Allah said so, then it is true”. It was because of this occasion that Abu Bakr earned the title As-Siddeeq (the foremost believer).

This was a turning point for many Muslims; after already facing the physical torture and abuse of the disbelievers, they now had to grapple with a concept beyond their wildest imaginings. Some failed, but many soared to new heights and were able to taste the sweetness of true submission to the Oneness of Allah.

The journey by night, from the Holy Mosque in Makkah to the furthest Mosque in Jerusalem, and the ascension through the heavens and into the presence of Almighty Allah was a miracle granted by Allah to His final slave and Prophet, Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of Allah be upon him, and one of the greatest of honors bestowed upon any human.

6. REFERENCES
    Quran
    Bukhari
    Muslim
    Tarmazi
    Al Yawakeet wal Jawahir
    Rooh al Maani
    Tafseer Al-Baghvi
    Seerat e Halbia
    Seerat e Rasool
    Meeraj Al-Naboowa
    Al Shifa (qazi Ayyaz)
    Huja tul Alal Aalameen

Reply #54 - January 15, 2017, 09:00 PM

Wouldn't you agree that it has some sort of memetic value? That is to say that regardless of whether it is true or not, because of its nature it can be beneficial for humans to act like its true, thus perpetuating it.

Religion does have benefits as a social construct. It still forms a major basis of many cultures and societies. It helps people cope with horrible situations. When it mixes with government it becomes an issue

You seem to be making an argument for personal responsibility for people's actions, regardless of their religious beliefs.

I am.

I go along with that general approach, however to me it seems to be counterproductive to not recognize how hardy of a meme religion has been, in order to confront the way people perpetuate it.

I recognize it can be useful. However that does not absolve people if their acts cause harm due to a religious point of view nor that they do not reflect on what they believe in.
     Reply #55 - January 15, 2017, 09:06 PM

.........When it ((FITHS/RELIGIONS)mixes with government it becomes an issue.....

Issue?  just an  issue? issue??   if it is an  issue no one cares bogart., THEY ARE CRIMINAL OFTEN  POLITICAL ORGANIZATIONS  brainwashing and controlling 100sof1000s millions of folks  since their birth ...

Reply #56 - January 15, 2017, 09:06 PM

This is what I mean. I was exploring different takes or positions on legalities and rights within Islam and even sects and that is what brought me to the edge. I didn't mean to hit the edge, I meant to hit upon a solution and adjust my practice accordingly so that my faith was easier to bear.

I think it took me two years or more from that point to accepting that the Quran was fallible, unless we start from the beginning, in which case it took me seventeen years. It was impossible for me to remain Muslim after discarding divinity, props to Hassan for his staying power.

My point was not about how long the process takes but actually starting the process itself.

Reply #57 - January 15, 2017, 09:07 PM

Issue?  just an  issue? issue??   if it is an  issue no one cares bogart., THEY ARE CRIMINAL OFTEN  POLITICAL ORGANIZATIONS  brainwashing and controlling 100sof1000s millions of folks  since their birth ...

Irrelevant as an issue can be large or small.

Many do not care as it is their religion that is in power. When it not they scream bloody murder.
  • Is chess haram?
     Reply #58 - January 19, 2017, 11:41 AM

The first chess grandmaster in Bangladesh is Niaz Murshed. In 1987 he became the first South Asian to earn the Grandmaster title. Murshed was born in Dhaka, Bangladesh, to Manzur Murshed and Najma Ahmed. He picked up the game from his older brother. His neighbor was Jamilur Rahman, who later became a national champion himself. As a nine-year-old, Murshed entered the preliminary rounds of the national chess championship. Although he failed to qualify, he left a lasting impression on all present. By the age of 12, he was considered o.ne of the top players in Bangladesh. In 1978, he finished first in the national championship with two others, but ultimately placed third on a tie-breaker. He went on to win the next four national championships in 1979, 1980, 1981 and 1982.

Some of the other Bangladeshi chess grandmaster's are:

Abdullah Al-Rakib (born December 2, 1980) is a Bangladeshi chess Grandmaster. He won the Bangladeshi Chess Championship in 2013.

Reefat Bin-Satta (born July 25, 1974) is a Bangladeshi chess Grandmaster.

Enamul Hossain Rajib (born 1981) is a Bangladeshi chess player. He won the Bangladeshi Chess Championship in 1997 and 2006.

Atheist Mufassil Islam, who goes by the Kaafir king on Facebook has recently highlighted the issue. According to sahih muslim hadith, players of chess are touching pig's meat and blood. We are all aware that in Islam, pig/ pork is haram. Therefore, the chess players are directly violating the principles of Islam by coming in contact with these items. Islam does not allow the human mind to work analytically and this clearly is the evidence to it.
    Reference:
    http://www.sahihmuslim.com/sps/smm/sahihmuslim.cfm?scn=dspchaptersfull&BookID=28&ChapterID=952

By
    Faruq Ahmed
    Blog: http://searchfortruth2016.wordpress.com
  • Is chess haram?
     Reply #59 - January 19, 2017, 01:12 PM

Is chess haram?

According to sahih SHIT  muslim hadith, players of chess are touching pig's meat and blood. We are all aware that in Islam, pig/ pork is haram. .....

that sounds better.,   there is no Quran verse on that board game hence it is irrelevant.  and that verse from  Surah Al-Baqara

173   He has only forbidden you what dies of itself, and blood, and flesh of swine, and that over which any other (name) than (that of) Allah has been invoked; but whoever is driven to necessity, not desiring, nor exceeding the limit, no sin shall be upon him; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Leviticus 11:7-8 - And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he [is] unclean to you.   (Read More...)

Isaiah 66:17 - They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one [tree] in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the LORD.

Leviticus 11:1-47 - And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them,   (Read More...)

Mark 7:15-20 - There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.   (Read More...)

Leviticus 11:7 - And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he [is] unclean to you.

Deuteronomy 14:8 - And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it [is] unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcase.

Much of Quran is a copy/pasted book and it has nothing new or very little new  to offer and  it is very little to do with  1ST PREACHER IF ISLAM..

so  there you go  dear faqmylo.... Chess  is nothing to do with Islam and  that verse in Quran is nothing to do with Islam .,Rascals who moved in to Islam copy/pasted that from OT., unfortunately  Muslims could not change it and they got it all wrong right from the day 1ST PREACHER IF ISLAM DIED/KILLED..

• Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »