Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Studying Islam and Muslims, came across ex muslims

(Read 2222 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Studying Islam and Muslims, came across ex muslims
     OP - December 21, 2016, 09:26 AM

Hi Guys
    Im a student from Sydney Australia, majoring in arabic and islamic studies,
    After hearing about the phenomenon of ex muslims, i became fascinated. I really wanted to hear your stories and find out more.
    I hope you guys don't mind me poking around this forum for a while, Ive been reading a bit already as well as watching youtube videos and so forth.
    i wonder if you could recommend any books?
    Hopefully i'll be able to able to put together some decent piece of writing to submit from my research.
    I've read much about the islamic response to irtidad and spoken to muslims about apostates and progressives, that was very interesting grin12

Ideally Id love to interview or speak to some ex muslims, although i find them (at least the ones open about their apostasy) scarce, for obvious reasons, but if you guys can point me in the best direction, or give some advice about information on ex muslims in the west particularly, that would be appreciated

Obviously it would be strange to ask why you left islam, since the answer is id imagine because you don't believe its true

but i wonder specifically, and my first question is, what was the point on which your trajectories changed from being a believer, to doubting and questioning your faith? was it something always nagging you, the possibility of its fallaciousness? or was it an epiphany of sorts?

Reply #1 - December 21, 2016, 12:16 PM

Watching humam suffering around the world made me have doubts on God.
    Then quran itself have very strong language against disbelievers.
    I found less love and more hate in islam.
    Then I observed prayers don't work at all.
    Then I had problem with theory of jihad.
    Why a God needs people to fight for him and cause human sufferings.
    I started watching atheist experience and it changed my mind.
    I became agnostic atheist.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #2 - December 22, 2016, 02:00 PM

the point where i stopped believing is when i found a more beautiful faith which represent every thing islam is not  ( buddhism ) , i first turned to meditation and philosophy as a way to cop after (injustice and domestic violence ) but then i thought why dont i believe in something that am sooo much attached to and turn to in my moments of need .
      i come from moderate Islamic environment so i might not be aware about most of the violent (hadith qoutes , and quran verses but i noticed some contradictions  ) but what i noticed for a region where very proud of islam being the perfect religion people ethics around me where extremely low .
      as a women i can say that looot of girls around me might felt the inequality and the unfair treatment but decided to ignore it for different reasons .
       - there nothing to do about it .
       - try to justify it and convince it some how
       - they just have so much to lose if they decided to rebel (loved family ones , life , friends etc ) so for them and with there support they can just ignore it

for me it is not the case as i already dont have my family support and the society think it is ok due to Islamic reasons i cant and shouldn't stand up .

You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence.
     Robert Frost

?Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.?

― Andr? Gide
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »