Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Punishment in quran

(Read 1702 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Punishment in quran
     OP - December 20, 2016, 10:46 PM

What is divine words? what type of punishment in Quran for simple mistake even when you do not do any mistake?

Are the words in the Qur'an those we would expect from an all-wise, all-compassionate deity? for example  verse 38 in Sura 5 of the Qu'ran. 'As to the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example from God, for their crime: a nd God is exalted in power'. There are other cruel and barbaric punishments  such as Chapter 42:2-4 lays down that fornication is to be punished by 100 lashes.

On another Verse 45 in Chapter 5 reads as follows 'We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an ac t of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers.

Eye of an eye and life for life is primitive retribution. It is interesting that it is considered good not to carry out the retaliation that God says he himself ordained. Surely if God ordained it, God must think it is good to carry it out.

If we see in Verse 60 in the same chapter tells of an even more strange punishment. It seems God turns people into apes and pigs.

It mention: "Shall I point out to you something much worse than this, (as judged) by the treatment it received from Allah? those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom some He transformed into apes and swine, those who worshipped evil ;- these are (many times) worse in rank, and far more astray from the even path!"

The Qu'ran is quite clear that Christians are blasphemers. Verse 73 in chapter 5 says 'They do blaspheme who say: Allah is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One Allah. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a gri evous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.'

Of course, unbelievers are in for a worse fate. Verse 10 in chapter 17 says 'And to those who believe not in the Hereafter, (it announceth) that We have prepared for them a Penalty Grievous'

As God is in charge of everything, believers in God usually have two competing explanations of unbelief. Unbelievers do not believe because they are wicked, and also because God has hidden the truth from them. After all, it must be part of God's plan for there to be unbelievers, as God is all-powerful. Verses 45-46 in chapter 17 show this double standard. God prevents unbelievers from understanding the Qur'an 'When thou dost recite the Qur'an, We put, between thee and those who believe not in the Her eafter, a veil invisible. And We put coverings over their hearts (and minds) lest they should understand the Qur'an, and deafness into their ears: when thou dost commemorate thy Lord and Him alone in the Qur'an, they turn on their b acks, fleeing '

If we see from Verse 16  shows that God likes to destroy whole towns 'When We decide to destroy a population, We (first) send a definite order to those among them who are given the good things of this life and yet transgress; so that the word is proved true against them: then (it is) We destroy them utterly.'

Sadly, many Muslim countries are quite poor. This is strange for verse 30 in chapter 17 shows that the Lord provides abundance for people who please him. 'Verily thy Lord doth provide sustenance in abundance for whom He pleaseth, and He provideth in a just measure. For He doth know and regard all His servants.' Perhaps poor Muslim countries are full of people who do not please Allah?

I am turning to atheism and abandoning the religious ways of my parent in response to radical Islam and extremism, as those ideologies inspire atrocious acts against others, including other Muslims. I seek better life where religion does not trespass into my private lives.
  • Punishment in quran
     Reply #1 - December 21, 2016, 12:41 AM

hi Amin  welcome to CEMB., glad to read you...this is your first post and you are attacking Quran.,  but  but  I am not  sure you  read Quran in its entirety .. for e,g,
    What is divine words? what type of punishment in Quran for simple mistake even when you do not do any mistake?

..... for example  verse 38 in Sura 5 of the Qu'ran.....................

......  such as Chapter 42:2-4 lays down ..........

................On another Verse 45 in Chapter 5 ...............

..................If we see in Verse 60 in the same chapter................

.............Verse 73 in chapter 5 says ................

................ Verse 10 in chapter 17.................

...................Verses 45-46 in chapter 17............

.........................Verse 16  shows........................

..............................strange for verse 30 in chapter 17 shows that the Lord..............

I often suggest to  people  who would like   to read and analyze Quran that one must read at least 5 verses above and 5 verses below   the verse of interest   so let me read that highlighted verse   ., the  verse 38 in Sura 5  as an example 38
       And (as for) the man who steals and the woman who steals, cut off their hands as a punishment for what they have earned, an exemplary punishment from Allah; and Allah is Mighty, Wise. .....Al-Maaida  verse 38

So ideally
    33   The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,   

34   Except those who repent before you have them in your power; so know that Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.   

35   O you who believe! be careful of (your duty to) Allah and seek means of nearness to Him and strive hard in His way that you may be successful.   

36   Surely (as for) those who disbelieve, even if they had what is in the earth, all of it, and the like of it with it, that they might ransom themselves with it from the punishment of the day of resurrection, it shall not be accepted from them, and they shall have a painful punishment.   

37   They would desire to go forth from the fire, and they shall not go forth from it, and they shall have a lasting punishment.   

38   And (as for) the man who steals and the woman who steals, cut off their hands as a punishment for what they have earned, an exemplary punishment from Allah; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.   

39   But whoever repents after his iniquity and reforms (himself), then surely Allah will turn to him (mercifully); surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.   

40   Do you not know that Allah-- His is the kingdom of the heavens and the earth; He chastises whom He pleases; and forgives whom He pleases and Allah has power over all things.   

41   O Apostle! let not those grieve you who strive together in hastening to unbelief from among those who say with their mouths: We believe, and their hearts do not believe, and from among those who are Jews; they are listeners for the sake of a lie, listeners for another people who have not come to you; they alter the words from their places, saying: If you are given this, take it, and if you are not given this, be cautious; and as for him whose temptation Allah desires, you cannot control anything for him with Allah. Those are they for whom Allah does not desire that He should purify their hearts; they shall have disgrace in this world, and they shall have a grievous chastisement in the hereafter.   

42   (They are) listeners of a lie, devourers of what is forbidden; therefore if they come to you, judge between them or turn aside from them, and if you turn aside from them, they shall not harm you in any way; and if you judge, judge between them with equity; surely Allah loves those who judge equitably.   

43   And how do they make you a judge and they have the Taurat wherein is Allah's judgment? Yet they turn back after that, and these are not the believers.

we should read  all those verses to understand  reason and story behind  that  verse 38 in Sura 5   please continue to read and write    and here is the folder on Quran

Reading Quran And Inquiring in to Prophet Muhammad's Life from Quran

and there are many folders and discussions on Quran but your point of analyzing Quran  with reference to Punishments is very unique  and important  so please continue on that subject,

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Punishment in quran
     Reply #2 - December 21, 2016, 02:04 AM

The most insane punishment for me is the burning of disbelievers forever in hell fire.
    It is very sick to accept any such punishment even for the most evil person on the planet.

How can you burn someone forever infinitely for a finite limited sin.

This life last average from 60 to 100 years.
    How can burning in hell fire last for ever.

I don't know how people accept such kind horrible text as their holy book.
    Same for bible, old and new testament.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
  • Punishment in quran
     Reply #3 - December 21, 2016, 02:15 AM

The most insane punishment for me is the burning of disbelievers forever in hell fire.
    It is very sick to accept any such punishment even for the most evil person on the planet.

How can you burn someone forever infinitely for a finite limited sin.

you have to put those Quran verses on the board  without which anyone's  criticism of Quran   invalid  abidali

This life last average from 60 to 100 years.
    How can burning in hell fire last for ever.

That is the verse which  describes  after life and it is there essentially in every faith..

I don't know how people accept such kind horrible text as their holy book.
    Same for bible, old and new testament.

that means   Quran writers  copy/pasted those verses from earlier faith books

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Punishment in quran
     Reply #4 - December 21, 2016, 02:47 AM

you have to put those Quran verses on the board  without which anyone's  criticism of Quran   invalid  abidali

Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:119  [read in context]  
    إِنَّا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ بِالْحَقِّ بَشِيرًا وَنَذِيرًا وَلاَ تُسْأَلُ عَنْ أَصْحَابِ الْجَحِيمِ (2:119)

Lo! We have sent thee (O Muhammad) with the truth, a bringer of glad tidings and a warner. And thou wilt not be asked about the owners of HELL FIRE. - 2:119 (Picktall) -  

Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread) - 5:86  [read in context]  
    وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ وَكَذَّبُواْ بِآيَاتِنَا أُوْلَـئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْجَحِيمِ (5:86)

But those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, they are owners of HELL FIRE. - 5:86 (Picktall) -  

At-Tauba (The Repentance) - 9:35  [read in context]  
    يَوْمَ يُحْمَى عَلَيْهَا فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ فَتُكْوَى بِهَا جِبَاهُهُمْ وَجُنوبُهُمْ وَظُهُورُهُمْ هَـذَا مَا كَنَزْتُمْ لأَنفُسِكُمْ فَذُوقُواْ مَا كُنتُمْ تَكْنِزُونَ (9:35)
    On the day when it will (all) be heated in the FIRE of HELL, and their foreheads and their flanks and their backs will be branded therewith (and it will be said unto them): Here is that which ye hoarded for yourselves. Now taste of what ye used to hoard. - 9:35 (Picktall) -  

At-Tauba (The Repentance) - 9:68  [read in context]  
    وَعَدَ الله الْمُنَافِقِينَ وَالْمُنَافِقَاتِ وَالْكُفَّارَ نَارَ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا هِيَ حَسْبُهُمْ وَلَعَنَهُمُ اللّهُ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ مُّقِيمٌ (9:68)

Allah promiseth the hypocrites, both men and women, and the disbelievers FIRE of HELL for their abode. It will suffice them. Allah curseth them, and theirs is lasting torment. - 9:68 (Picktall) -  

At-Tauba (The Repentance) - 9:109  [read in context]  
    أَفَمَنْ أَسَّسَ بُنْيَانَهُ عَلَى تَقْوَى مِنَ اللّهِ وَرِضْوَانٍ خَيْرٌ أَم مَّنْ أَسَّسَ بُنْيَانَهُ عَلَىَ شَفَا جُرُفٍ هَارٍ فَانْهَارَ بِهِ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ وَاللّهُ لاَ يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ (9:109)
    Is he who founded his building upon duty to Allah and His good pleasure better; or he who founded his building on the brink of a crumbling, overhanging precipice so that it toppled with him into the FIRE of HELL? Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk. - 9:109 (Picktall) -  

At-Tauba (The Repentance) - 9:113  [read in context]  
    مَا كَانَ لِلنَّبِيِّ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَن يَسْتَغْفِرُواْ لِلْمُشْرِكِينَ وَلَوْ كَانُواْ أُوْلِي قُرْبَى مِن بَعْدِ مَا تَبَيَّنَ لَهُمْ أَنَّهُمْ أَصْحَابُ الْجَحِيمِ (9:113)

It is not for the Prophet, and those who believe, to pray for the forgiveness of idolaters even though they may be near of kin (to them) after it hath become clear that they are people of HELL FIRE. - 9:113 (Picktall) -  

Fatir (The Originator of Creation) - 35:36  [read in context]  
    وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لَهُمْ نَارُ جَهَنَّمَ لَا يُقْضَى عَلَيْهِمْ فَيَمُوتُوا وَلَا يُخَفَّفُ عَنْهُم مِّنْ عَذَابِهَا كَذَلِكَ نَجْزِي كُلَّ كَفُورٍ (35:36)
    But as for those who disbelieve, for them is FIRE of HELL; it taketh not complete effect upon them so that they can die, nor is its torment lightened for them. Thus We punish every ingrate. - 35:36 (Picktall) -  

Ghafir (The Forgiver) - 40:49  [read in context]  
    وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ فِي النَّارِ لِخَزَنَةِ جَهَنَّمَ ادْعُوا رَبَّكُمْ يُخَفِّفْ عَنَّا يَوْمًا مِّنَ الْعَذَابِ (40:49)
    And those in the FIRE say unto the guards of HELL: Entreat your Lord that He relieve us of a day of the torment. - 40:49 (Picktall) -  

At-Tur (The Mount) - 52:13  [read in context]  
    يَوْمَ يُدَعُّونَ إِلَى نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ دَعًّا (52:13)
    The day when they are thrust with a (disdainful) thrust, into the FIRE of HELL. - 52:13 (Picktall) -  

At-Tur (The Mount) - 52:18  [read in context]  
    فَاكِهِينَ بِمَا آتَاهُمْ رَبُّهُمْ وَوَقَاهُمْ رَبُّهُمْ عَذَابَ الْجَحِيمِ (52:18)
    Happy because of what thee Lord hath given them, and (because) their Lord hath warded off from them the torment of HELL FIRE. - 52:18 (Picktall) -  

Al-Qamar (The Moon) - 54:48  [read in context]  
    يَوْمَ يُسْحَبُونَ فِي النَّارِ عَلَى وُجُوهِهِمْ ذُوقُوا مَسَّ سَقَرَ (54:48)
    On the day when they are dragged into the FIRE upon their faces (it is said unto them): Feel the touch of HELL. - 54:48 (Picktall) -  

Al-Waqi'a (The Event) - 56:94  [read in context]  
    وَتَصْلِيَةُ جَحِيمٍ (56:94)
    And roasting at HELL FIRE. - 56:94 (Picktall) -  

Al-Hadid (Iron) - 57:19  [read in context]  
    وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ أُوْلَئِكَ هُمُ الصِّدِّيقُونَ وَالشُّهَدَاء عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ لَهُمْ أَجْرُهُمْ وَنُورُهُمْ وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا وَكَذَّبُوا بِآيَاتِنَا أُوْلَئِكَ أَصْحَابُ الْجَحِيمِ (57:19)
    And those who believe in Allah and His messengers, they are the loyal; and the martyrs are with their Lord; they have their reward and their light; while as for those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, they are owners of HELL FIRE. - 57:19 (Picktall) -  

Al-Haqqah (The Reality) - 69:31  [read in context]  
    ثُمَّ الْجَحِيمَ صَلُّوهُ (69:31)
    And then expose him to HELL FIRE - 69:31 (Picktall) -  

Al-Ma'arig (The Ways of Ascent) - 70:15  [read in context]  
    كَلَّا إِنَّهَا لَظَى (70:15)
    But nay! for lo! it is the FIRE of HELL - 70:15 (Picktall) -  

Al-Jinn (The Jinn) - 72:15  [read in context]  
    وَأَمَّا الْقَاسِطُونَ فَكَانُوا لِجَهَنَّمَ حَطَبًا (72:15)
    And as for those who are unjust, they are FIREwood for HELL. - 72:15 (Picktall) -  

Al-Jinn (The Jinn) - 72:23  [read in context]  
    إِلَّا بَلَاغًا مِّنَ اللَّهِ وَرِسَالَاتِهِ وَمَن يَعْصِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَإِنَّ لَهُ نَارَ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أَبَدًا (72:23)
    (Mine is) but conveyance (of the truth) from Allah, and His messages; and whoso disobeyeth Allah and His messenger, lo! his is FIRE of HELL, wherein such dwell for ever. - 72:23 (Picktall) -  

Al-Baiyinah (The Clear Evidence) - 98:6  [read in context]  
    إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا مِنْ أَهْلِ الْكِتَابِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ فِي نَارِ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا أُوْلَئِكَ هُمْ شَرُّ الْبَرِيَّةِ (98:6)
    Lo! those who disbelieve, among the People of the Scripture and the idolaters, will abide in FIRE of HELL. They are the worst of created beings. - 98:6 (Picktall) -  

At-Takathur (The Piling Up) - 102:6  [read in context]  
    لَتَرَوُنَّ الْجَحِيمَ (102:6)
    For ye will behold HELL FIRE - 102:6 (Picktall) -

http://www.islamicity.org

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
  • Punishment in quran
     Reply #5 - December 21, 2016, 12:29 PM

Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. (Quran 4:56)

Those who disbelieve will be forced to drink boiling water, and will face a painful doom. (Quran 6:70)

Those who consider the Quran to be "mere fables" will be branded on the nose. (Quran 68:15-16)

Quran

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »