Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: who is God???

(Read 4900 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • who is God???
     OP - November 23, 2016, 05:08 PM

As its in quran 
    "Everything happens in this world according to allah,
    he does whatever he want "
    My question is, if everything happens according to god then what is destiny why people blame destiny ?why there are evils in this world? what is hell and heaven ?why god said he will send good people to heaven for their good deeds and bad people in hell for their bad deeds ?if he does everything then why he is playing with human beings?if there is any God why he can't create heaven in this world ?
    i think its all bullshit people are using religion as a tool thats it !

Islam force me to left islam because of womens rights in islam.
    there is
    NO equality
    NO freedon
    NO honour
  • who is God???
     Reply #1 - November 23, 2016, 05:16 PM

Good questions. We couldn't answer those, which is why we came here.

Hi
  • who is God???
     Reply #2 - November 23, 2016, 09:15 PM

Yeah my biggest thing that I didn't understand was how Islam teaches that the reason  humans where created  was because angels don't have  free will so he wanted to see if humans would appreciate him and obey him with their own choice. I find this very narcissistic-  if Allah was all knowing he would know all the evil things which humans would create- he would know that there will be such horrible things happening such as child rape. Yet he still wanted to create humans? All this pain and suffering so that we can obey him? This makes god sound evil.

Allso whats the point of a test if you know the answers?
  • who is God???
     Reply #3 - December 02, 2016, 01:14 AM

its my opinion but i am asking from those who believ on these things who try to scared other from hell and heaven story

there is
    NO equality
    NO freedon
    NO honour
  • who is God???
     Reply #4 - December 02, 2016, 04:15 AM

Yeah my biggest thing that I didn't understand was how Islam teaches that the reason  humans where created  was because angels don't have  free will so he wanted to see if humans would appreciate him and obey him with their own choice. I find this very narcissistic-  if Allah was all knowing he would know all the evil things which humans would create- he would know that there will be such horrible things happening such as child rape. Yet he still wanted to create humans? All this pain and suffering so that we can obey him? This makes god sound evil.

Allso whats the point of a test if you know the answers?

I second this to a T.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • who is God???
     Reply #5 - December 02, 2016, 01:56 PM

At the risk of sounding eccentric, I think the bigger and arguably more important question is “what is god?” As a concept, it has existed in one iteration or another throughout the history of our species; Allah as described in the Quran is just one, relatively recent example of how the idea of “god” manifests itself in a society.

Whether you carve a graven image and call it a god or you use a ton of adjectives to create mental construct of a “god,” the practical result is fairly similar.

I’ve become more interested lately in why humans have almost uniformly adopted these sorts of unifying, un-falsifiable (by the average person) concepts such as gods, and how this trend manifests itself even among those of us who consider ourselves secular.

What does it mean for an idea to be sacred and what "sacred ideas" exist today? Why do we live for ideas even when those ideas might not entirely be reflected by the realities we observe through our 5 senses? Why do we base identities on, and feel a sense of affinity with individuals who share our abstract ideas?

Is that the major underlying purpose gods have served us?
  • who is God???
     Reply #6 - December 02, 2016, 02:57 PM

How old is ALLAH ?
    I mean is it really a Arabian pagan GOD ?

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
  • who is God???
     Reply #7 - December 02, 2016, 03:29 PM

Every god is a “pagan” god if it’s not your religion.
  • who is God???
     Reply #8 - December 02, 2016, 06:10 PM

Just been reading about a guy called Kronman who discusses the Condemnation of 1277, a theological debate about could god create any universe or only the one we are in.

I am very unclear about how different philosophical arguments affected Islam.

But why is god a who?

Isn't it a sound used in various languages as a sort of place holder to answer who did it questions? Goddidit.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • who is God???
     Reply #9 - December 02, 2016, 06:13 PM

http://news.yale.edu/2016/10/25/book-confessions-born-again-pagan

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • who is God???
     Reply #10 - December 02, 2016, 06:18 PM

How old is ALLAH ?
    I mean is it really a Arabian pagan GOD ?

"Allah" is a simply an "Arabic word"  for "god" and there is little doubt that it predates Islam's allged starting time in that cave of  hira near Mecca .,  Quran Allah is slightly different from  Allah of Arabians before Islam .,   Quran itself says.,   Quran's Allah is  simply the god of Christians and god of Jews ....

In fact There is absolutely NOTHING NEW in Quran., With the exception of silly stories of alleged UNKNOWN prophet of Islam's time., All of its  theological verses are copy pasted from earlier faith books.,   The only thing that is highlighted in Quran quite often is .. Jesus is NOT son of god.,

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• who is God???
     Reply #11 - December 03, 2016, 12:14 AM

that's true.
  • who is God???
     Reply #12 - December 03, 2016, 12:21 AM

If there is a god, I don't think he/she would write books. I think a creator would find a more subtle way of communicating with its creation.

having said that I do believe in something.........not sure I can define it yet.
  • who is God???
     Reply #13 - December 03, 2016, 01:09 AM

Bilal what was that?

ALLAH would have been a God of Arabia before muhammad.

Hindu Gods aren't pagan.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
  • who is God???
     Reply #14 - December 03, 2016, 01:15 AM

"Allah" is a simply an "Arabic word"  for "god" and there is little doubt that it predates Islam's allged starting time in that cave of  hira near Mecca .,  Quran Allah is slightly different from  Allah of Arabians before Islam .,   Quran itself says.,   Quran's Allah is  simply the god of Christians and god of Jews ....

In fact There is absolutely NOTHING NEW in Quran., With the exception of silly stories of alleged UNKNOWN prophet of Islam's time., All of its  theological verses are copy pasted from earlier faith books.,   The only thing that is highlighted in Quran quite often is .. Jesus is NOT son of god.,

Jesus is really not son of God, jesus is God according to Christian theology.
    It is misunderstanding in Islamic world.
    Father and son is representation of God in heavens and the god in human flesh.
    3 in 1 God.
    It is monotheism.
    But muhammad messed it up.
    Then in the same quran muhammad wrote that Allah spoke with moses through bushes.

• who is God???
     Reply #15 - December 03, 2016, 02:54 AM

Bilal what was that?

ALLAH would have been a God of Arabia before muhammad.

there was NO MUHAMMAD   in the history of Islam  and in the Quran.,  but there were many cartoon characters  created by the Caliphs and  preachers under them as "Muhammad" .,  There were many Muhammads in early Islam.,  the word "Muhammad"  can be used as an adjective to any one who has leadership qualities in a given field....

Hindu Gods aren't pagan.

Rubbish....  who says that? tell hindus/Indians who  says that  to come and debate with me.  I will eat them for breakfast.,   these gillion hindu gods are/were indeed  pagan gods.,  off course it is from their own(people of Indian subcontinent)stories and their own creation of   pagan gods.,

http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=5325&p=87777

http://forum09.faithfreedom.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2681&p=44344

• who is God???
     Reply #16 - December 03, 2016, 03:01 AM

Jesus is really not son of God,  jesus is God according to Christian theology. It is misunderstanding in Islamic world.

Actually Islam doesn't misunderstand w.r.t "Jesus/god"  concept., It is Christian preachers that misrepresent their own theology

Father and son is representation of God in heavens and the god in human flesh.  te]
    3 in 1 God.
    It is monotheism.

who cares 3 in 1 ...4 in 1 ...5 in 1 ..infinity  in 1 god business.,   as long as they don't rub that on  me   and do not use it for politics,  I don't care  ..BUT MUHAMMAD   OF QURAN DID NOT MESS UP ANYTHING ... because there was no Muhammad..
    Then in the same quran muhammad wrote that Allah spoke with moses through bushes.

Nope  Muhammad  of Quran wrote NOTHING

• who is God???
     Reply #17 - December 04, 2016, 12:52 AM

what is this pagan god?

there is
    NO equality
    NO freedon
    NO honour
  • who is God???
     Reply #18 - December 04, 2016, 01:47 AM

Jesus is really not son of God, jesus is God according to Christian theology.
    It is misunderstanding in Islamic world.
    Father and son is representation of God in heavens and the god in human flesh.
    3 in 1 God.
    It is monotheism.

If what you say is true then that God had multiple personality disorder. For how else can you then explain Jesus on the cross saying "Forgive them, Father, they know not what they do". Who was he talking to then? Himself in Heaven? Also, claiming that Father and Son are the same makes the Heavens vacant for 40 years. You need a better argument than that. Tons of Christians have explained it in many convoluted ways. I suggest you reference them.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • who is God???
     Reply #19 - December 04, 2016, 12:13 PM

Since the Bible affirms that Jesus is God, it is often perplexing to note that Jesus addresses God in prayer. The answer to this, as well as to all references to Jesus as being tired or hungry, weeping, lacking knowledge, etc., is that Jesus was a true man, as well as God.

The second Person of the Trinity, God the Son, took upon Himself complete humanity, except for our sinful nature, when He was conceived in Mary. He is described by theologians as one Divine Person having two natures, divine and human—the God-man.

Passages of Scripture which describe Jesus’ limitations are referring to His humanity. He lived His life as a true man, depending upon His heavenly Father day by day, just as we are expected to do. Many believe that even His miracles and supernatural knowledge were enabled by the Holy Spirit, not accomplished by switching back and forth between His divine and human natures.

When Jesus cried from the cross, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” He was expressing from His human consciousness the terrible sense of being separated from His heavenly Father as He suffered the penalty for the world’s sin. He, of course, with respect to His divine nature, could not suffer or die. In all of this great mystery, we have only glimmers of truth which is beyond human comprehension.

If Jesus is God, why does the Bible talk about Him praying to God? (n.d.). Retrieved December 04, 2016, from https://billygraham.org/answer/if-jesus-is-god-why-does-the-bible-talk-about-him-praying-to-god/

• who is God???
     Reply #20 - December 04, 2016, 12:18 PM

I am not defending Christianity here.
    But I do Consider Christianity in free world, way much better than islam.
    Progress not perfection

• who is God???
     Reply #21 - December 04, 2016, 03:29 PM

what is this pagan god?

Hello  hiramiss ....  Miss Hira ., how are you doing welcome  to den.,  

what is this pagan god?......  what is this pagan god???  You seems to be angry at allahgod.,    hence you really need answer to the question .,  but one post is not enough to answer that question

well .,  I wrote some 20 pages of folder some 8 years ago in that Faith freedom international forum  which is all  lost.,So what?  we can read these links to find out answer to your question

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_deities

Actually let me put some posts here .,, The name/ word   "god" in different languages

Language........... Name of God
    AEolian.....................Ilos

Arabic....................Allah

Armorian.................Teuti

Assyrian.................. Eleah

Celtic......................Diu

Chaldaic............. Eilah

Cretan...................Thios

Chinese..................Prussa

Coromandel..............Brama

Danish.....................Gut

Dutch.....................Godt

Egyptian (old).............Teut

Egyptian (modern).........Teun

English....................God

Finch...................Jumala

Flemish...................Goed

French.....................Dieu

German....................Gott

German (old)...............Diet

Greek...................Theos

Gallic.......................Diu

Hebrew...........Elohim, Eloha

Hindoostanee..............Rain

Japanese................Goezur

Irish........................Dia

Italian......................Dio

Language Name of God

Madagascar..... .......Zannar

Malay.....................Allah

Norwegian.................Gud

Latin.....................Deus

Low Latin.................Diex

Low Breton................Done

Lapp ......................Jubinal

Olalu Tongue..............Deu

Old Saxon..................God

Pakistan ................Allah

Peruvian..............Puchecammae

Persian....................Sire

Pannonian..................Istu

Polish.....................Bog

Pollacca.................Bung

Portuguese................Debs

Provencal.................Diou

Runic... ...................As

Russian...................Bojh

Spanish...................Dios

Swedish...................Gut

Slav....................Buch

Swiss......................Gott

Syriac....................Allah

Tartar..................Magatal

Turkish..................Allah

Zemblain................Fetizo

I am not sure how many of  of  the readers know, but the earth being the only planet that has  life  within some  billions of distance around   it, and it is certain that it is only the planet that has very intelligent animal called "Human beings" .,  This species literally eliminated many other species of earth. It also created  this thing called "god"  for the sake of their mental satisfaction  and to defend their criminal actions  with a statement  that "some god said so.... in some in book"  .

anyways  the four continents of  planet are usually depicted as Women. And this was done In 1603 by Cesare Ripa in a book to depict earth in allegorical figures.  Cesare Ripa (c. 1560 - c. 1622) was an Italian aesthetician who worked for Cardinal Anton Maria Salviati as a cook and butler. I like the way Ripa presented the planet.. So let us start with the four continents being four Goddesses

Goddess of Africa

Goddess  of America

Goddess  of Asia

Goddess of Europe

Well you guys started something .,  I think it is important to educate the readers about all these  gods and goddesses  from ancient cultures/nations/Continents  ..So we continue to add posts to address your question   " what is this pagan god???"

damn what a book  http://warburg.sas.ac.uk/pdf/noh390v.3b2331587.pdf

that is written by that Italian Cesare Ripa around the year 1610...., I  wish   some one could translate that book in to different Languages starting with English

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »