Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Parents don't care I left Islam

(Read 3059 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Parents don't care I left Islam
     OP - November 17, 2016, 02:33 AM

Hi,

I'm an Ex-Muslim who gradually lost faith over the course of a few months. I never had to 'come out' of the closet to my family. I just started becoming more and more vocally critical of Islam. They never really cared tbh. Every now and then they'll say I'm 'on the wrong path' but that's it. They even let me eat non-halal food at home now.

My dad's critical of Islam himself and follows it simply out of pressure from his social circle. My mum is a really moderate Muslim who is very critical of practices like polygamy. 

My 'struggle' with leaving Islam wasn't external- it didn't come from dealing with family members, friends etc.

Instead my struggle was internal-  I struggled to mentally come to terms with my identity as someone born Muslim who is no longer Muslim. I lost my sense of direction and purpose and developed depression and anxiety. That was my real struggle.

Anyone else with similar experiences, please share your thoughts/ stories.  I feel quite out of place on CEMB for never having to deal with strict religious parents.
     Reply #1 - November 17, 2016, 04:10 AM

I think I remember there being one or more. Most of us can relate to the internal struggle, though.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #2 - November 17, 2016, 09:25 AM

drunkonbluewine  presents  a very interesting case in Islamand her journey out of Islam FOR NO GOOD REASON  
    Hi,

I'm an Ex-Muslim who gradually lost faith over the course of a few months. I never had to 'come out' of the closet to my family. I just started becoming more and more vocally critical of Islam. They never really cared tbh. Every now and then they'll say I'm 'on the wrong path' but that's it. They even let me eat non-halal food at home now.

My dad's critical of Islam himself and follows it simply out of pressure from his social circle.
    My mum is a really moderate Muslim who is very critical of practices like polygamy.

you have a great parents., and you are one hell of a lucky person ., So dear drunkonbluewine   Stop drinking too much  wine..or too much drink of "whatever going around in Islam" drink    and welcome to CEMB.,   glad to read your classic post on personal problems with faith

My 'struggle' with leaving Islam wasn't external- it didn't come from dealing with family members, friends etc.

Instead my struggle was internal-  I struggled to mentally come to terms with my identity as someone born Muslim who is no longer Muslim. I lost my sense of direction and purpose and developed depression and anxiety. That was my real struggle.

Anyone else with similar experiences, please share your thoughts/ stories.  I feel quite out of place on CEMB for never having to deal with strict religious parents.

I wonder  whether you could answer these questions..

1) What actually do you mean by " someone born Muslim who is no longer Muslim."., I mean  the way you wrote that sounds like   " I am someone born as HUMAN BEING  who is no longer HUMAN."

Why ??   ..Why can not you  be a Muslim?? What are the conditions for you or for any one to be a Muslim?
    I lost my sense of direction and purpose and developed depression and anxiety. That was my real struggle.

That is horrible  internal struggle.,  What direction and purpose you had before  in your life as Muslim?? and WHY YOU LOST THAT NOW?  I am pretty sure   your struggles are common  and discussion on  such subjects will help others

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - November 17, 2016, 01:26 PM

Hi,

My dad's critical of Islam himself and follows it simply out of pressure from his social circle. My mum is a really moderate Muslim who is very critical of practices like polygamy.  

Instead my struggle was internal-  I struggled to mentally come to terms with my identity as someone born Muslim who is no longer Muslim. I lost my sense of direction and purpose and developed depression and anxiety. That was my real struggle.

Anyone else with similar experiences, please share your thoughts/ stories.  I feel quite out of place on CEMB for never having to deal with strict religious parents.

Welcome to the forum drunkonbluewine!  bunny

You shouldn't feel at all out of place. That's very much the sort of story that I have experienced with my own apostasy from Islam. It's not an easy thing, even if you don't have that incredible parental pressure. The community, your friends, ad most of all one's sense of self, the prospect of losing all these things weighs on you, and it's easy to doubt one's own choice.  far away hug

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #4 - November 18, 2016, 02:13 PM

Hey welcome to the forum. Only one thing you can do to get over your internal struggle;

Find something that you are passionate about and dedicate your life to it

Also enjoy the good things that life can offer before you cease to exist.

Also you should see your apostasy as a blessing than a struggle.

far away hug

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »