Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Donald Trump: I may not repeal Obamacare

(Read 3569 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Donald Trump: I may not repeal Obamacare
     OP - November 12, 2016, 03:12 AM

Donald Trump has said that he might not repeal Obamacare, perhaps his biggest campaign promise.

The President-elect performed the apparent U-turn after his meeting with Barack Obama at the White House this week, he has said.

Mr Trump is going to look at "amending" the Affordable Care Act, rather than completely repealing it, he told the Wall Street Journal.

"Either Obamacare will be amended, or repealed and replaced," Trump told the newspaper. "I told him I will look at his suggestions, and out of respect, I will do that."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-obamacare-repeals-latest-policies-quote-replacement-president-elect-a7412621.html

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #1 - November 12, 2016, 05:31 AM

Was talking about this with my mother the other night. IF Trump were to repeal Obamacare he would have to offer a viable alternative. Otherwise there would probably be (more) riots.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #2 - November 12, 2016, 01:07 PM

Trump knows that he is in a precarious position. Unless he wants to go straight autocrat, he's going to have a tough time doing anything he wants without some support of the people.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #3 - November 12, 2016, 09:55 PM

Evoluntionary biologist Richard Dawkins has reacted to Donald Trump’s shock election victory by urging his fellow scientists to move to New Zealand.

He called on the country to offer British and American academics citizenship following the “catastrophes” both countries had suffered at the hands of “uneducated, anti-intellectual” voters.

Scientific American published Mr Dawkins' plea as part of a wider reaction piece about Tuesday's US election result which sent shockwaves around the world with Republican outsider Mr Trump beating the poll-favourite Hillary Clinton in the race to the White House.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/richard-dawkins-donald-trump-us-election-win-new-zealand-offer-british-american-scientists-a7413426.html

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #4 - November 12, 2016, 09:59 PM

Holy shit, did I just read Richard Dawkins' mind?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #5 - November 13, 2016, 03:52 PM

Holy shit, did I just read Richard Dawkins' mind?

now read the minds of

Certified Killers in  AMRIKA and their ELECTED government Licensee agents

I  want  see Mr. Donald Trump getting elected again as president  of AMRIKA 2nd term and 3rd  AND THAT STUPID RULE OF 2 Term limitation of silly George Washington  should  also be removed    finmad

asbie I guess you are in AMRIKA ., so write properly and be nice to authorities ., other wise not only you will be on watch list ..you will put me in that list

and olweasel is not giving right link

let me put the right link along with that letter

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/richard-dawkins-and-other-prominent-scientists-react-to-trump-rsquo-s-win/?wt.mc=SA_Twitter-Share

Dear New Zealand,

The two largest nations in the English-speaking world have just suffered catastrophes at the hands of voters—in both cases the uneducated, anti-intellectual portion of voters. Science in both countries will be hit extremely hard: In the one case, by the xenophobically inspired severing of painstakingly built-up relationships with European partners; in the other case by the election of an unqualified, narcissistic, misogynistic sick joke as president. In neither case is the disaster going to be short-lived: in America because of the nonretirement rule of the Supreme Court; in Britain because Brexit is irreversible.

There are top scientists in America and Britain—talented, creative people, desperate to escape the redneck bigotry of their home countries. Dear New Zealand, you are a deeply civilized small nation, with a low population in a pair of beautiful, spacious islands. You care about climate change, the future of the planet and other scientifically important issues. Why not write to all the Nobel Prize winners in Britain and America, write to the Fields medalists, Kyoto and Crafoord Prize and International Cosmos Prize winners, the Fellows of the Royal Society, the elite scientists in the National Academy of Sciences, the Fellows of the British Academy and similar bodies in America. Offer them citizenship. The contribution that creative intellectuals can make to the prosperity and cultural life of a nation is out of all proportion to their numbers. You could make New Zealand the Athens of the modern world.

Yes, dear New Zealand, I know it’s an unrealistic, surreal pipe dream. But on the day after U.S. election day, in the year of Brexit, the distinction between the surreal and the awfulness of the real seems to merge in a bad trip from which a pipe dream is the only refuge.

Yours,

Richard Dawkins, founder and board chairman, Richard Dawkins Foundation

that is really hard hitting..  That is what people with " I DON'T CARE WHAT MAY COME IN MY WAY"     attitude  write 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - November 13, 2016, 04:13 PM

There's something grimly poetic about the suggestion that a relative backwater prone to regular earthquakes and distant from major shipping routes is a natural home for scientists fleeing anti-intellectualism in the Anglosphere, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
     Reply #7 - November 13, 2016, 07:42 PM

Temperate, medium sized islands close to a booming mainland haven't done too bad historically in terms of their proportionate share of power. I dunno, I'm taking the first chance to emigrate that I can get.

Also, what is it with the data toor? We all know the go to put down is sheep-shagging. Please stay on message and try not to elevate the tone too much.  Tongue All jokes, btw. You are wonderfully refreshing and universally loved. Keep it up friend.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #8 - November 13, 2016, 11:36 PM

Dawah Man droppin some naseeha:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPAH73_Cnxo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRjBeDwdXI8

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #9 - November 13, 2016, 11:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0vHyMeVdU4

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #10 - November 14, 2016, 02:31 PM

Omarosa: Trump campaign keeping 'list' of enemies
    By Eugene Scott, CNN
    Washington (CNN)Donald Trump surrogate Omarosa Manigault said the President-elect's campaign is keeping a list of people who did not support his run to the White House.

"Let me just tell you, Mr. Trump has a long memory and we're keeping a list," Manigault, the campaign's director of African-American outreach, told the Independent Journal Review, an online news outlet started by two former GOP staffers aimed at a center-right audience.
    Manigault made the comment in response to Sen. Lindsey Graham's tweet that he supported conservative presidential candidate Evan McMullin.
    Manigault, an ordained minister, responded by suggesting that the South Carolina Republican was an enemy and said "God bless him."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/omarosa-list-donald-trump/index.html

It will be a really long list. 

Trump is well known for his vindictive nature and there was a campaign clip where he openly said he takes revenge on his opponents.   

He said on the 60 Mins interview he didn't regret any of the rhetoric he used on the campaign trail, though he woulds tone it down.  I am waiting for Putin or someone to test him.
     Reply #11 - November 14, 2016, 03:52 PM

obama healthcare was the best thing ever introduced for americans i guess and trump is goan mess all up
     Reply #12 - November 14, 2016, 04:51 PM

obama healthcare was the best thing ever introduced for americans i guess and trump is goan mess all up

well I am not sure it is best thing ever ., within his limits Obama tried to play to control the cost and accessibility of health care to many low income/middle class  Americans  but it could have been better.,The problem is /was and will be NOT elected officials like Obama but  corporate controls insurance polices  and  corruption.  such  policies without proper controls degenerate in to Government controlled Insurance monsters., off course other side is worse.  American health care is in the control of MBAs and businessman..   it is not under the control  of doctors and health care workers..  watch these tubes of that Dr. Jennifer Daniels ..

off course Jennifer Daniels is NOT an expert of every field of Medicine and she has her own idiosyncrasy but she is telling the facts about American Health Industry  

Anyways   Aftab   what is your opinion on this article   of AYESHA ISLAM
    Why my family in the US wants to return to Pakistan

As soon as I woke up after the election night in America, messages from my relatives living in the US began to pour in. The one that struck me most was my aunt’s: “This is like a bad dream — I think I will wake up tomorrow and find out everything is back to normal.”

I contemplated going back to sleep and not facing the fact that the unthinkable has indeed happened: Donald Trump is the President of the United States.

Just when I thought the world couldn’t get any worse, it did. I believe that in voting for this man, America has voted for bigotry, misogyny, and xenophobia.

As I watched Trump make his way to the podium to give his victory speech, I could only feel disbelief. It was as though my whole system had turned upside down, refusing to process what was unfolding in front of my eyes.

We are normally under the impression that authoritarian, racist, and corrupt regimes are reserved for the third world only.

Rigged elections and political upheavals are the norm for us in Pakistan. When the state announces an emergency in the country or when there is a strike, our children celebrate. Another day off from school always feels good.

So we reluctantly accept the situation, although we don’t want our system to remain this way.

But we have never thought that this could ever be the case with the United States.

So many Pakistanis look to move to the West to be successful in life, or at least to have a better life for their children. America is seen as the land of opportunity, where many of us spend years investing our time and effort in order to land a decent job and become a citizen of what many of us believe is the most progressive country in the world.

The American Dream has had its appeal for us as well. We see it as a country built by immigrants and in which everyone has a place.

In our perception, there are many things that distinguish the US from Pakistan. Their justice system is flawless and there is immense emphasis on equal rights and opportunities for everyone, irrespective of their race or religion. We feel that the kind of violence we experience in Pakistan on a daily basis is not something that we can witness in the US.

Anything resembling what being an American looks like is admirable in the eyes of many of us. Some are impressed by their accents, attire and other American mannerisms, while some wish their children marry someone who has a blue passport.

So, many of us pack our bags to go to America to make a life there. The struggle to make it in a new country is real but we never lose our motivation despite the challenges.

But today, for the first time, it seems as though the grass isn’t that green on the other side.

Until today, I had never heard my family members who spent their whole lives in the US say they want to come back to Pakistan.

In a country built by immigrants, many who arrived recently are finding out that a significant part of the population isn’t as welcoming.

What could be a bigger confirmation of this tendency than the vote for Trump, whose campaign promise was to build a wall to keep out Mexicans and put a ban on Muslims coming into the country?

As Trump marks his victory, it is only a reminder of how people’s mindset has not changed despite eight years of Obama’s presidency, during which the outgoing President made clear efforts not to stoke Islamophobia by refusing to blame all Muslims or Islam for incidents such as the Orlando shootings or the Boston bombings.

Racism is clearly at play here.

Many of us were counting on Hillary Clinton to be the candidate to defeat Trump. Looking at the opinion polls prior to Election Day, I was confident Trump stood no chance against her.

I thought to myself that America is finally ready to vote for a female in the White House. But my hopes were misplaced.

I couldn’t begin to fathom why or how this happened. Clinton was the obvious better choice amongst the two.

But that’s when I realised that we had all failed to acknowledge that some things wouldn’t have changed under her rule either. And perhaps we overlooked the many issues with Clinton and her campaign when a racist, egocentric, and misogynist was her opponent.

Let’s not forget, Clinton is part of the governing establishment: she is Secretary Clinton. A Wall Street-endorsed candidate, she ran an incompetent campaign and lost states that were seen as ones that always vote blue.

I think if she had won, Americans would have felt proud for voting in a woman after having voted their first ever African-American head of state.

While it would have been a historic moment, and we all know it would have been better to have her in the White House than Trump, let’s not ignore the fact that Clinton had many skeletons in her closet.

And while Trump is a disaster, having too much hope in Clinton would have led to a lot of disappointment as well.

In this election, many covers have been blown.

I say that AYESHA ISLAM is not right in her assessment   "WHY TRUMP OWN OVER HILLARY CLINTON"  And I wonder  did  Americans really went to polls and elected Trump??  It is unfortunate many well educated Americans did't even Vote

"It is estimated that 131.7 million Americans cast a ballot in 2016, out of 231 million eligible voters—a turnout rate of 56.9%"

100 MILLION ELIGIBLE PEOPLE DID NOT VOTE   IN THIS US OF A  ELECTION .,  Many Americans are LAZY STUPID STINKY  SKUNKS ....  don't even go to polling booths

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »