Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Donald Trump is setting a time bomb for racial violence on election day

(Read 2188 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Donald Trump is setting a time bomb for racial violence on election day
     OP - October 12, 2016, 12:46 AM

Donald Trump spins so many tales and goes after so many different groups and individuals that it's sometimes easy to miss his most invidious rhetoric. For months, the Republican presidential nominee has undermined confidence in our electoral system, warning his supporters that this election will be "rigged" and stolen through "voter fraud."

Trump first told his supporters of this conspiracy theory at an Ohio rally in August and followed up the claim in an interview with Sean Hannity: "I'm telling you, Nov. 8, we'd better be careful because that election is going to be rigged. And I hope the Republicans are watching closely, or it's going to be taken away from us." This was in line with comments from his surrogates, like longtime adviser Roger Stone, who told Breitbart that Trump would begin to talk "constantly" about voter fraud. "He needs to say for example, today would be a perfect example:

'I am leading in Florida. The polls all show it. If I lose Florida, we will know that there's voter fraud.' " Stone continued: "'If there's voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.'" The implication is clear: If Trump loses, he should foment this "civil disobedience." And he should start preparing his supporters for it now.

He seems to be doing just that. "The only way we can lose, in my opinion ... is if cheating goes on," said Trump during another August rally in Pennsylvania. In Wilmington, N.C., where more than a century earlier, white terrorists toppled a black-led city government in a violent insurrection, Trump warned his supporters that without strict voter identification laws, people would be "voting 15 times for Hillary."

These are rhetorical time bombs, statements that cast doubt on our democracy, planted with growing frequency as Trump tries to rationalize the fact that he's losing...

http://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2016/10/11/donald-trump-setting-time-bomb-racial-violence-election-day

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #1 - October 13, 2016, 02:02 PM

This is what I'm most worried about. It could very easily happen. This place is awash with guns and crazy people.
     Reply #2 - October 13, 2016, 04:43 PM

It would be like The Purge, except every day if Trump was in power   : (
     Reply #3 - October 14, 2016, 02:49 AM

I find myself in utter disbelief that there are still female trump voters, especially after the... "grab by the ***sy" thing. Why would anyone vote for this buffoon, he's a crazy opportunist megalomaniac. He treats everybody else like they're lower class humans and seem to have an ego bigger than the eiffel tower.

He reminds me of Indonesia's last election (Prabowo, who didn't win but continuously badgered the news about "elections fraud", and many of his supporters are violent nuts).

Trump's basically threatening the country with violence if he lost...
     Reply #4 - October 14, 2016, 01:11 PM

Trump is giving voice to every negative aspect of America culture on a national level we have heard/seen for the last 2 centuries. He is exposing, unwittingly, how bad a democracy can go when the voterbase (those that actually vote) can be so easily manipulated.
     Reply #5 - October 14, 2016, 01:17 PM

I want   DUMP AND DUMP likes to rule AMRIKA for next 40 years ., Then I would like to see America progress after that

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #6 - October 14, 2016, 09:47 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37662037

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfUfg1ojI8Y

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #7 - October 16, 2016, 09:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0YHPFCX8KY

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #8 - October 17, 2016, 12:09 AM

The people who speak for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign on Sunday tried to walk back his incendiary comments about a “rigged” election, with vice presidential candidate Mike Pence saying that Trump was only referring to media bias and vowing that “we will absolutely accept the result of the election.”

But even as they tried to downplay Trump’s controversial statements, Pence and one key campaign surrogate stood by Trump’s racially tinged call for supporters to monitor polling places for voter fraud.

And literally hours after those media appearances, Trump was back on Twitter ― making clear that, yes, he thought voter fraud was a real threat to the election’s legitimacy.

In the last week, Trump’s talk of possible election impropriety ― which has become more urgent and frequent as his position in the polls has declined ― has prompted widespread condemnation. Even prominent Republicans are warning that Trump is undermining basic faith in the electoral process.

“Our democracy relies on confidence in election results,” a spokesperson for House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said this week, “and the speaker is fully confident the states will carry out this election with integrity.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-rigged-election_us_5803876de4b0162c043c7d1f?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »