Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Islam's Non Believers, a new film by Deeyah Khan

(Read 25591 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Islam's Non Believers, a new film by Deeyah Khan
     OP - October 06, 2016, 05:25 AM

Islam's Non Believers

A new film by the award-winning film-maker Deeyah Khan, will be aired on 13 October 2016 on ITV Exposure at 10:40-11:40pm London time.

The film is the first in depth documentary following the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain and investigating the lives of young women and men in Britain who face threats, ostracisation, discrimination and even violence for leaving Islam.

It also highlights the heinous violence faced by ex-Muslims in countries under Islamic rules (including the death penalty in 13 countries); draws attention to the role respected "community leaders" play in encouraging discrimination and violence; and makes important links between the transnational Islamist movement in Britain and internationally. Moreover, the film reveals the extent of non believers amongst Muslims and the international nature of the ex-Muslim resistance movement.

According to Sadia Hameed who is featured in the film: "There is a link between family disownment due to apostasy and a rapid decline in mental health that is being neglected. Ex-Muslims are left feeling as though there is something wrong with them for thinking critically and asking questions or wanting answers".

According to Maryam Namazie, a founder of the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain: "Many young ex-Muslims feels desperate and isolated  but they are not alone. There are millions of us in every home, every family, every country – though we are often ignored, silenced and persecuted. Deeyah Khan's film has given us the chance to speak for ourselves and to remind the world that Islam’s non believers need support and solidarity to end apostasy laws, social discrimination and violence”.

Per Rayhana Sultan who is also featured in the film: "This documentary is a bold step towards promoting the rights of ex-Muslims around the world and for years to come".

ITV Exposure's Press Release on "Islam's Non Believers" is available here.

See also The Independent's "Islamic communities contain 'tsunamis of atheism' that are being suppressed".

On 13 October, we call on the public to:

For more information, please contact:
    Maryam Namazie
    Rayhana Sultan
    Sadia Hameed
    Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain
    BM Box 1919, London WC1N 3XX, UK
    Tel: +44 (0) 7719166731
    Email: exmuslimcouncil@gmail.com
    Web: http://ex-muslim.org.uk
    Web forum: http://www.councilofexmuslims.com

CEMB is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England and Wales under company number 8059509 and depends on donations from its members and supporters to carry out its work.

Production stills from the film, courtesy of Fuuse.

From Fuuse:
    This documentary sees how ex-Muslims continue to struggle to be heard and to express themselves, with religious fundamentalist protesters often trying to shut down their talks and events. This documentary film identifies these as a part of a growing international movement which is confronting religious extremism both in the UK and the Islamic world. Maryam says they remain defiant: “The internet and social media is doing to Islam what the printing press did in the past to Christianity, because it’s one way in which masses of people can connect with each other, can hear ideas that are taboo and forbidden.”

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #1 - October 06, 2016, 10:22 AM

Mostly muslims were discouraged from making friendships with anyone who was not muslim.  What they are taught as muslims is to be intolerant of everyone else's beliefs.  The hate comes back at them.

I am tired of the hate and intolerance. I have the power to change myself.  If we could change the world, then let's start that happening. 

The unreligion, only one calorie
     Reply #2 - October 06, 2016, 11:08 AM

Mostly muslims were discouraged from making friendships with anyone who was not muslim.  What they are taught as muslims is to be intolerant of everyone else's beliefs.  The hate comes back at them.

My dear Bee I am going to delete that statement because it does NOT fit to all the Muslims folks around the globe  but it does fit well  to those hate preaching idiots and their followers  

I am tired of the hate and intolerance. I have the power to change myself.  If we could change the world, then let's start that happening.  

don't get tired.,   yes you do have the power to change yourself and to change others around you, and for that to happen  don't get tired.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - October 06, 2016, 01:43 PM

cant wait to see this documentary.... deeyah khan is a legend
     Reply #4 - October 06, 2016, 02:03 PM

cant wait to see this documentary.... deeyah khan is a legend

really?  Aftab  then you should tell the reader why she is a legend..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_W0HFy9Et4

lucky acid didn't burn her face..

well let me read this again .,10 years have passed since i wrote that.,    since    Banaz Mahmod was murdered

Reply #5 - October 07, 2016, 01:26 AM

Wow yeez I watched that video before, she's Deeyah Khan?

Love her. She's going to accomplish so much in her life. I'm so glad there are people like her, she restores my faith in humanity.
     Reply #6 - October 07, 2016, 11:56 AM

Wow yeez I watched that video before, she's Deeyah Khan?

yes she is ., All the credit .. whatever  the credit she gets for her work.. all that she owes to her family ..specially her father and brother ..

That is Deeyah Khan with her younger  brother  Adil Khan
    Love her. She's going to accomplish so much in her life. I'm so glad there are people like her, she restores my faith in humanity.

well glad  to note that Helaine  but please realize her brother and father are still Muslims., Off course they follow their own Islam.  Their Islam stops within themselves as individuals , in their home and in their brain... It(The Islam) doesn't  come into politics and political parties.

please watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zhYY4KQRX8

Reply #7 - October 07, 2016, 08:37 PM

Wow, will there be a possibility to watch this outside of Britain?
     Reply #8 - October 08, 2016, 12:47 PM

"....because I love her.  How can you love someone you never met?   Because she should have been loved and cared about. "

Because honor killings should be called murders.  And because these are murders by people who should be loving and caring for the victims. 

The unreligion, only one calorie
     Reply #9 - October 08, 2016, 01:15 PM

Wow, will there be a possibility to watch this outside of Britain?

I too am interested in this documentary film. Sounds ace, thanks for posting it allat!  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #10 - October 08, 2016, 02:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/user/FuuseOnline

Deeyah Khan's previous documentary films can be found on the link above, so check the link out after the documentary is released in the UK.

Reply #11 - October 14, 2016, 03:32 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfe9nWtgvt8
     Reply #12 - October 14, 2016, 01:22 PM

I managed to watch it last night before I slept, as I thought that it would be removed from Youtube and it has.

Tks for posting it Silent M.

I hope it got good viewing in the UK  at least.  Hope the response will be positive for the ex-Muslim community,
     Reply #13 - October 15, 2016, 12:52 PM

The YouTube copy of documentary was down within 2 hours. If anyone else can repost, much apprecited.
     Reply #14 - October 15, 2016, 01:50 PM

Jusy sharing this response from someone in the UK who thought the whole thing was just a Muslim-bashing project:

https://www.facebook.com/RazaNadimZ/posts/10100137822601978

Skeptick Sal
     Reply #15 - October 15, 2016, 01:58 PM

Raza Nadim
    Yesterday at 3:34am ·

Some of these *public* "ex-Muslims" are happy to be used as pawns by the establishment to demonise Islam.

Most I've seen publicly can't get over that they had crap parents and are holding us all to account for them. Not my fault that you and your parents never understood Islam and/or that they used the name of the faith to justify beating the crap out of you.

Also, why is there a surprise that communities that define themselves by their faith won't accept someone that is no longer of their faith?

Why do we HAVE to accept you?

No one is saying you should get your head kicked in*, but I don't understand why they really want to be accepted by a community they voluntarily left?
    They're like an "ex" that won't go away. We've moved on. Stop calling us.

Well there   are  many many types of Muslims "Raza Nadim"  is another type of Muslim who are in majority that do not understand Political game the ISLAMISTS PLAY with Islam and the society ., Such  "Razas"   if needed  they will support those who beat up alienate and isolate Ex-Muslims from their own kith and kin

Reply #16 - October 15, 2016, 03:23 PM

He actually has blocked anyone that put a pro ex-Muslim comment under his post. He even blocked the ones that simply liked any pro ex-Muslim comments!

Skeptick Sal
     Reply #17 - October 15, 2016, 07:56 PM

He actually has blocked anyone that put a pro ex-Muslim comment under his post. He even blocked the ones that simply liked any pro ex-Muslim comments!

you are soulless desouled ..lol..

well it is his facebook .,  his knife.. he can cut his head or his tail... I don't care and you should not care.   As long as he doesn't use his knife to cut me or people like me.,  I don't care .,

But Ideally I would like to seem him his types  to cut his tail and evolve .

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #18 - October 15, 2016, 09:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSiqOAQVCXM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxj_zTe_zaI
     Reply #19 - October 18, 2016, 08:42 PM

Unfortunately the video is not available in the ITV Hub.
     Reply #20 - October 18, 2016, 09:14 PM

https://archive.org/details/ExposureIslamsNonBelievers13October2016
     Reply #21 - October 19, 2016, 01:37 AM

Much appreciated!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #22 - October 21, 2016, 12:05 AM

Brilliant documentary, made me tear up a little. I would like to meet Maryam one day Smiley

I find the reactions of certain Muslims in social media to be completely predictable. This is all about how ITV is trying to make their religion "look bad", not about how a group of people are ostracised by their communities for their beliefs and sometimes end up facing violence or even murder Roll Eyes. Perhaps if they focused on trying to create more room for open dialogue rather than attempting to shut out realities that they don't wish to acknowledge they would be able to worry less about their religion "looking bad".
     Reply #23 - October 21, 2016, 07:41 PM

Brilliant documentary, made me tear up a little. I would like to meet Maryam one day Smiley................

Hmmmm., All Islamophobes together ., that day will be an Islamophobia day..

Reply #24 - October 22, 2016, 02:02 PM

damm, doesn't work anymore  finmad
     Reply #25 - October 22, 2016, 03:06 PM

damm, doesn't work anymore  finmad

all right .. let us get a new link on it .. here you go watch it ElToro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bupBgmtsNWU

also let me add this Deeyah Khan's recent interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APUwJIIb2rE

Reply #26 - October 22, 2016, 03:15 PM

Thanks. I watched it over the ITV Hub. You have to register and put some British Postcode in but then it works.
     Reply #27 - October 23, 2016, 02:03 AM

you are soulless desouled ..lol..

....says the biggest enigma on CEMB

Skeptick Sal
     Reply #28 - October 23, 2016, 06:18 AM

Just watched it. Amazing. It's great that she's exposing radical islamist movements in the west (UK). These crazies have transformed and terrorized many countries (many who were far more tolerant before). They have to be stopped.

well glad  to note that Helaine  but please realize her brother and father are still Muslims., Off course they follow their own Islam.  Their Islam stops within themselves as individuals , in their home and in their brain... It(The Islam) doesn't  come into politics and political parties.

There's a big difference between her and "moderate" islamic groups yeez. Most, if not all muslim groups that I read about (or followed, listened on tv, etc) have shitty apologetics about atheists/nonmuslims.

There's a big problem within muslim community: muslims seem to care more about Islam and muslims' image than they do about actual human rights.

"We should tolerate them to show them the good image of Islam"  (tolerate = silently discriminate against them, and cry islamophobia when media reports it)

I have seen way too many discussions/speeches/political arguments that end up like this. It's not about "let's not discriminate because we care about other humans", it's about "let's not discriminate because we don't want bad image" That's the farthest they would go.

Just compare her thought to the video's only muslim speech: he jumps around the conclusion and try to frame his (hate) speech in a more "tolerant" way. In the end, he still thinks that it's impossible to treat exmuslims/nonmuslims equally. "We don't discriminate, we will talk about it, but it's just human nature to not love them equally, blahblahblah" Excuses, excuses, and more excuses. Apologetics.

It's typical of them to act that way. Most powerful muslims in my country act like this when caught on camera. Pretends to be "tolerant", whenever there's a problem (if it sullies Islam's name) then blow it up and pretend that everybody's following Islam wrong, divert the attention by talking about some peaceful quranic verses (NOTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM, GET IT??) etc etc but when minority community (churches, buddhist temples, shia mosques) were burned and closed by local muslim community you bet you won't hear a peep about it. They would typically care more about Palestine than their own people, and would spend far more screen-time, money ("zakat"), and energy to discuss about Palestine's rights while ignoring local problems. Two-faced liars. The only thing moderate about them is their speeches when the camera is rolling. Actions speak louder than words.

People like Deeyah Khan need to get more power. Deeyah Khan should be THE community leader, not those two-faced islamists. In the video we saw an islamist bangladeshi politician running in UK politics as conservative candidate. Islamism at your doorstep, guys. That's not fear-mongering, that's reality. That's what happened to my country, to Malaysia, to many other countries. The west is not immune to this. We need more Deeyah Khan to stop it.
     Reply #29 - October 23, 2016, 11:30 AM

well let me  read some points of Helaine's post
    ...........There's a big difference between her and "moderate" islamic groups yeez. Most, if not all muslim groups that I read about ..........

How do we define a "moderate" islamic group  dear Helaine?   give me one or two examples of such groups from Malaysia itself.,

There's a big problem within muslim community:.

I absolutely agree with that point. Indeed Muslim community does have a problem with Islam. In these recent times for the past 50 years or so, these problems with Islam have multiplied  because of faith head  scoundrels who preach,  PREY on innocent  Muslim  folks  to  reinforce faith rules  &   rituals in to the families and Muslim communities  day in and day out as if Muslim folks who  don't preach Islam are not following  real Islam.  
    muslims seem to care more about Islam and muslims' image than they do about actual human rights "We should tolerate them to show them the good image of Islam"  (tolerate = silently discriminate against them, and cry islamophobia when media reports it)  
    I have seen way too many discussions/speeches/political arguments that end up like this. It's not about "let's not discriminate because we care about other humans", it's about "let's not discriminate because we don't want bad image" That's the farthest they would go.

Again second part I agree with you., Community leaders  of Islam MUST LEARN TO SEPARATE FAITH FROM POLITICS .,  but I didn't get the first part of your post   and that is

"muslims seem to care more about Islam and muslims' image than they do about actual human rights"

I guess you are talking about Muslims in west.,  but is that not true for all other faiths? I mean every faith head that have this urge to proselytize their faith to harvest to increase the numbers care more about their faith  and their religious image than they do about actual human rights..  do  you agree with me??

Off course there are plenty of sayings in all faith books that care about living human rights than this "SOUL RIGHTS"(( I mean rights of dead bodies and dead souls))  So what all we need to do is "Highlight human rights from with in their faith books" and ask these petty preachers of the faith to preach those sayings that are in line with human rights

would that not solve the problems among faith heads??

anyways which category of Muslims you put this guy?

Is he single  faced,  single goal oriented Muslim or two faced Muslim??

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »