Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I left Islam because i am a woman

(Read 4287 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I left Islam because i am a woman
     OP - September 24, 2016, 07:54 AM

For me the first reason why I left Islam was because I am a woman and in Islam there is no rights no respect for women. According to me first there is no God but for example if there is any God then defiantly he is a man. Because in Islam all teachings and rules are in favor of men no rights nothing for us. We are worth less than men.

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.
    Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women." Muslim apologists offer creative explanations to explain why Allah felt that a man's testimony in court should be valued twice as highly as a woman's, but studies consistently show that women are actually less likely to tell lies than men, meaning that they make more reliable witnesses.
    Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"
    Quran (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you comet from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it" Men are to rub dirt on their hands, if there is no water to purify them, following casual contact with a woman (such as shaking hands).
    Quran (24:31) - Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye. (To be fair, men are told to do the same thing in the prior verse).
    Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilt unto you; so approach your tilt when or how ye will..."A man has dominion over his wives' bodies as he does his land. This verse is overtly sexual. There is some dispute as to whether it is referring to the practice of anal intercourse. If this is what Muhammad meant, then it would appear to contradict what he said in Muslim (8:3365).
    Quran (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four"Inequality by numbers.
    Quran (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names."Angels are sublime beings, and would therefore be male.
    Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).
     Islam is heaven for Muslim men, but a hell for the believing women.  Many Muslims claim that “Islam honors women,” just as they claim that Islam is a “Religion of Peace.” The truth however, is just the opposite. Islam does not honor women, but rather, holds their very lives in absolute bondage. There is no age limit for marriage of girls under Sharia.
    A man can pay a dowry and sign a marriage contract with the parents of a toddler girl and consummate the marriage at age 9 just because their  prophet Mohammad did that, and they think in doing that, they are just following the Sunnah. According to the Shariah, the adulterer will be stoned to death, but not many people are aware that this rule applies mostly for women, because men are allowed to have sex with their sex slaves and concubines. Even if a man and woman are caught having sex and four witnesses are also present, the punishment for women is digging up a hole and inserting her in up to her chest and then stoning her to death, whereas a man is just stoned while he is standing.
    Statistics from organizations such as the UN Human Commissioner for Refugees, Human Rights Watch, and Amnesty International show that in some countries the vast majority of women are in prison for their own protection, having been victims of rape or domestic violence.
    And while technically a Muslim man is forbidden from having sex with a woman to whom he is not married nor owns as a captive or slave, in Sura 24:13 the Qur’an stipulates four witnesses be provided to prove a woman was raped.
    If a woman says she was raped and cannot provide four witnesses, she’s viewed as having admitted that she’s guilty of either sex outside of marriage or adultery, the punishments for which are flogging or being stoned to death.
    And rape is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg when it comes to injustices to Muslim women under Islamic law. Muslim daughters are given half the inheritance of their brothers, Muslim women are allowed to marry one man and he has to be a Muslim, while men are permitted four wives and they can also marry Christians or Jews, if they wish, and they’re allowed to have sex with their female slaves.
    In Sura 33:33, according to the interpretation of Islamic scholars, Muslim women are to stay quietly in their homes like the wives of Muhammad were commanded to do.  The right of divorce is solely in hands of the man, whereas women do not have the right go give divorce, They can go to a Shariah court and ask for a Khula, which is like a divorce in which the woman has to give up all her alimony right, but then it takes a long time, sometimes years, to convince the judge to grant the woman a divorce. I know  some ladies who are waiting for the last couple of years or more for the Shariah court to make their decisions regarding their Khula, whereas their ‘husbands’ have already married a second time and moved on with their lives.

A rebellious wife is one who refuses to go to bed with her husband, and this nullifies the husband’s obligation to support her and gives him permission to beat her and “A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife. The fourth Caliph, who was Muhammad's son-in-law and cousin, said just a few years after the prophet's death that "The entire woman is an evil. And what is worse is that it is a necessary evil."

A traditional Islamic saying is that, "A woman's heaven is beneath her husband's feet." One of the world's most respected Quran commentaries explains that, "Women are like cows, horses, and camels, for all are ridden." (Tafsir al-Qurtubi).
     Sahih Bukhari (6:301) - continued - "[Muhammad said] 'Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?' The women replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her religion.'" Allah has made women deficient in the practice of their religion as well, by giving them menstrual cycles.

Sahih Bukhari (2:29) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants. This is important because the only women in heaven mentioned explicitly by Muhammad are the virgins who serve the sexual desires of men. (A weak Hadith, Kanz al-`ummal, 22:10, even suggests that 99% of women go to Hell)
    Sahih Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'".
    All these Quran verses shows that Islam is totally against women and there is so many incidents in Islamic history which shows that Muhammad attempted to make and keep women second class citizens.

Reply #1 - September 24, 2016, 09:09 AM

Greetings and my good wishes to you dear Sabeen durrani .,  And I was waiting for this post since you joined the forum some 8 months ago ..lol..you have such terrific gift/skills/control  on the language and you know more than one language hence you will be an asset to any online and off line forums .  So let me read your post again., I am one of those  fellows i read only those words i like to read from other's posts  and   I love your first statement  and that is
    "There is no God because I am a woman." . ...  Sabeen durrani

I absolutely agree with you .. The bookish god of many faiths if not all  is absolute nonsense and is nothing but a male species that some dick head description of cave ages. I am really allergic to  this word "heeee"  in these books of faith heads ..
    but for example if there is any God then defiantly he is a man. Because in Islam all teachings and rules are in favor of men no rights nothing for us. We are worth less than men.

but Islam is nothing but faith of its time  and why would you say that., You have all the rights to keep men happy  Cheesy and follow their rules.,   lucky me I am a guy .,  The big Dog .. Ooops god favored me

Quran (4:11) - (Inheritance) "The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females" (see also verse 4:176). In Islam, sexism is mathematically established.

Quran (2:282) - (Court testimony) "And call to witness, from among your men, two witnesses. And if two men be not found then a man and two women." Muslim apologists offer creative explanations to explain why Allah felt that a man's testimony in court should be valued twice as highly as a woman's, but studies consistently show that women are actually less likely to tell lies than men, meaning that they make more reliable witnesses.

Quran (2:228) - "and the men are a degree above them [women]"

Quran (5:6) - "And if ye are unclean, purify yourselves. And if ye are sick or on a journey, or one of you comet from the closet, or ye have had contact with women, and ye find not water, then go to clean, high ground and rub your faces and your hands with some of it" Men are to rub dirt on their hands, if there is no water to purify them, following casual contact with a woman (such as shaking hands).

Quran (24:31) - Women are to lower their gaze around men, so they do not look them in the eye. (To be fair, men are told to do the same thing in the prior verse).

Quran (2:223) - "Your wives are as a tilt unto you; so approach your tilt when or how ye will..."A man has dominion over his wives' bodies as he does his land. This verse is overtly sexual. There is some dispute as to whether it is referring to the practice of anal intercourse. If this is what Muhammad meant, then it would appear to contradict what he said in Muslim (8:3365).

Quran (4:3) - (Wife-to-husband ratio) "Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four"Inequality by numbers.

Quran (53:27) - "Those who believe not in the Hereafter, name the angels with female names."Angels are sublime beings, and would therefore be male.

Quran (4:24) and Quran (33:50) - A man is permitted to take women as sex slaves outside of marriage. Note that the verse distinguishes wives from captives (those whom they right hand possesses).

My goodness gracious .. You are reading Quran with open heart and open mind..   THAT IS THE END OF YOUR FAITH ... lol...

Yes ..indeed  that is all bullshit from book of its time and I fully agree with you that nonsense as word of HEeeeegod  has absolutely   NO VALUE  & NO PLACE  in this 21st century .   But we must realize most of that book is copy/pasted nonsense from other nonsense faith books with more added bullshit from the fellows who penned Quran.

Islam is heaven for Muslim men, but a hell for the believing women.

Huh?   No I partially disagree with you.,   Islam also a hell for men ..  The Real  Men who question silly faiths  silly books  and silly word  of heeeeegod   :The Quran".    It is a real  hell out there  for real men in this life who question faith and faith heads,  more so  if you live in so called Islamic lands or the lands that are heavily populated by Muslim folks  and are controlled by the FAITH HEADS
    Many Muslims claim that “Islam honors women,” just as they claim that Islam is a “Religion of Peace.” The truth however, is just the opposite. Islam does not honor women, but rather, holds their very lives in absolute bondage. There is no age limit for marriage of girls under Sharia.

Yap.....Sharia laws are filth and they  have no place at any time of human history  They must be trashed wherever we see..  

A man can pay a dowry and sign a marriage contract with the parents of a toddler girl and consummate the marriage at age 9 just because their prophet Mohammad did that, and they think in doing that, they are just following the Sunnah. According to the Shariah, the adulterer will be stoned to death, but not many people are aware that this rule applies mostly for women, because men are allowed to have sex with their sex slaves and concubines. Even if a man and woman are caught having sex and four witnesses are also present, the punishment for women is digging up a hole and inserting her in up to her chest and then stoning her to death, whereas a man is just stoned while he is standing.

But  sorry to disagree some parts of your post.,   All that what you said is "ISLAM OF IDIOTS" and there was NO Muhammad  in the history of Islam ., That is a made  up character from early rulers and writers of Islam  between 6th - 8th century .  In fact Islamic story tellers created many Muhammad characters on the way of writing silly hadith  stories and QURAN HAS NO MUHAMMAD ..THE MAN. ...in it.,  Hence I can not blame "Muhammad" the first preacher of Islam.

Statistics from organizations such as the UN Human Commissioner for Refugees, Human Rights Watch, and Amnesty International show that in some countries the vast majority of women are in prison for their own protection, having been victims of rape or domestic violence.

And while technically a Muslim man is forbidden from having sex with a woman to whom he is not married nor owns as a captive or slave,
    in Sura 24:13 the Qur’an stipulates four witnesses be provided to prove a woman was raped.

If a woman says she was raped and cannot provide four witnesses, she’s viewed as having admitted that she’s guilty of either sex outside of marriage or adultery, the punishments for which are flogging or being stoned to death.
    And rape is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg when it comes to injustices to Muslim women under Islamic law. Muslim daughters are given half the inheritance of their brothers, Muslim women are allowed to marry one man and he has to be a Muslim, while men are permitted four wives and they can also marry Christians or Jews, if they wish, and they’re allowed to have sex with their female slaves.

In Sura 33:33, according to the interpretation of Islamic scholars, Muslim women are to stay quietly in their homes like the wives of Muhammad were commanded to do.  The right of divorce is solely in hands of the man, whereas women do not have the right go give divorce, They can go to a Shariah court and ask for a Khula, which is like a divorce in which the woman has to give up all her alimony right, but then it takes a long time, sometimes years, to convince the judge to grant the woman a divorce. I know  some ladies who are waiting for the last couple of years or more for the Shariah court to make their decisions regarding their Khula, whereas their ‘husbands’ have already married a second time and moved on with their lives.

A rebellious wife is one who refuses to go to bed with her husband, and this nullifies the husband’s obligation to support her and gives him permission to beat her and “A man will not be asked as to why he beat his wife. The fourth Caliph, who was Muhammad's son-in-law and cousin, said just a few years after the prophet's death that "The entire woman is an evil. And what is worse is that it is a necessary evil."

A traditional Islamic saying is that, "A woman's heaven is beneath her husband's feet." One of the world's most respected Quran commentaries explains that, "Women are like cows, horses, and camels, for all are ridden." (Tafsir al-Qurtubi).
     Sahih Bukhari (6:301) - continued - "[Muhammad said] 'Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?' The women replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her religion.'" Allah has made women deficient in the practice of their religion as well, by giving them menstrual cycles.

Sahih Bukhari (2:29) - Women comprise the majority of Hell's occupants. This is important because the only women in heaven mentioned explicitly by Muhammad are the virgins who serve the sexual desires of men. (A weak Hadith, Kanz al-`ummal, 22:10, even suggests that 99% of women go to Hell)
    Sahih Bukhari (6:301) - "[Muhammad] said, 'Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?' They replied in the affirmative. He said, 'This is the deficiency in her intelligence.'".
    All these Quran verses shows that Islam is totally against women and there is so many incidents in Islamic history which shows that Muhammad attempted to make and keep women second class citizens

Well I have to agree with  that Sabeen.,   but all that what you wrote is FAITH AT ITS WORST  and  is very little to do with the first preacher of Islam "Muhammad"

Please continue to write and read

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - September 24, 2016, 07:29 PM

The issue of women in Islam, is topic of great misunderstanding and distortion due partly to a lack of understanding, but also partly due to misbehavior of some Muslims which has been taken to represent the teachings of Islam. We speak here about what Islam teaches, and that is that standard according to which Muslims are to be judged. As such, my basis and source is the Quran--the words of Allah, and the sayings of the Prophet, his deeds and his confirmation. Islamic laws are derived from these sources. To facilitate our discussion we can discuss the position of women from a spiritual, economic, social, and political standpoint.

http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/do_muslim_women_have_rights.php

^ Just to show another perspective.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #3 - September 25, 2016, 03:29 AM

Taken from the website above
    As a protector and provider for the women, the man of the house does have the legal right in Islamic law (shari'ah) to restrict freedom of movement of the women of the house, as he determines necessary for their safety, security and protection. He may prevent them from leaving their home without his permission unless there is a necessity or legitimate reason for them to do otherwise. However, it is his religious obligation to be compassionate and not to unreasonably restrict their freedom of movement. If there arises a conflict between this right of the husband and the rights of the wife's parents to visit her and be visited by her, the husband's right prevails in the wider interest of the family. Yet the Shari'ah recommends that he be considerate enough to waive his rights to avoid shame within the family.

A refractory wife has no legal right to object to her husband exercising his disciplinary authority. Islamic law, in common with most other systems of law, recognizes the husband's right to discipline his wife [but never to beat her] for disobedience.

The wife may not legally object to the husband's right to take another wife or to exercise his right of divorce. The marital contract establishes her implicit consent to these rights. However, if she wishes to restrict his freedom in this regard or to have similar rights, she is legally allowed to do so.

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #4 - September 25, 2016, 03:34 AM

I always had the feeling that this is generally how women are felt of in Islamic societies, especially by the ulema. The more religious a person gets the more misogynisic they become. Even the women.

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #5 - September 25, 2016, 05:54 AM

Reading articles like that seriously make me ill.

Some people are evil, and will do anything they can to make your life a living hell.

Some of these people are worshiped as prophets/saints, too.
     Reply #6 - September 26, 2016, 12:23 AM

Yeah, one of my former sister in laws is super religious with a definite salafi bent and her family practically worshipped her.  Drove me nuts!

Reply #7 - September 27, 2016, 01:16 PM

how anyone can be so sure of anything is beyond me
     Reply #8 - September 27, 2016, 01:42 PM

Ayshah & Muhammad - The True Love Story for Eternity

http://www.islamswomen.com/marriage/ayshah_and_muhammad.php

from the link above
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »