Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Sacrifice

(Read 1680 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Sacrifice
     OP - September 09, 2016, 12:58 PM

What is Islam's view about sacrifice?  Has anyone ever wanted a temple with animals sacrificed to allah?

If no, why then does halal slaughter look identical to classic religious sacrifice?

And might this be the real reason for the prohibition on pork?  As it was never - as believed to be unclean - thought to be fit to sacrifice to Yahweh, it was also not fit for humans to eat?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Sacrifice
     Reply #1 - September 09, 2016, 01:23 PM

moi asks very simple question on Islam .  hello moi., answers to those questions I think are very simple ,
    Q:  What is Islam's view about sacrifice?

Ans:  Islam's view on sacrifice  of animals  is same  as we will find  sacrificing rituals  in other faiths ,pagan faiths of Arabia + earlier Abrahamic faiths

Q: Has anyone ever wanted a temple with animals sacrificed to allah?

Ans: yes plenty of examples in pagan faiths

Q:  If no,  why then does halal slaughter look identical to classic religious sacrifice?

Ans: Answer is simple because early Islam followers copy/pasted and copied these sacrficing rituals from other faiths and other faith heads

with best regards
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Sacrifice
     Reply #2 - September 10, 2016, 05:04 AM

I mean an Islamic place of worship where ritual slaughter of animals is part of the religion

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

• Sacrifice
     Reply #3 - September 10, 2016, 08:32 AM

Are you talking about this?
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_al-Adha

The unreligion, only one calorie
  • Sacrifice
     Reply #4 - September 10, 2016, 09:40 AM

That Bishop  John Spong's book is a  good book  to read

Excerpts from that book :

The [Protestant] Reformation was not an attempt to reformulate the Christian faith for a new era. It was rather a battle over issues of Church order. The time had not arrived in which Christians  would be required to rethink the basic and identifying marks of Christianity itself.

It is my conviction that such a moment is facing the Christian world today. The very heart and soul of Christianity will be the content of this reformation. The debate which has been building for centuries has now erupted into public view. All the past ecclesiastical efforts to keep it at bay or deny its reality have surely failed and will continue to do so. The need for a new theological reformation began when Copernicus and Galileo removed this planet from its previous supposed location at the center of the universe, where human life was thought to bask under the constant attention of a humanly defined parental deity. That revolution in thought produced an angle of vision radically different from the one in which the Bible was written and through which the primary theological tenets of the Christian faith were formed...

My sense is that history has come to a point where only one thing will save this venerable faith tradition at this critical time in Christian history, and that is a new Reformation far more radical than Christianity has ever before known and that this Reformation must deal with the very substance of that faith. This Reformation will recognize that the pre-modern concepts in which Christianity has traditionally been carried will never again speak to the post-modern world we now inhabit.

This Reformation will be about the very life and death of Christianity. Because it goes to the heart of how Christianity is to be understood, it will dwarf in intensity the Reformation of the 16th century. It will not be concerned about authority, ecclesiastical polity, valid ordinations and valid sacraments. It will be rather a Reformation that will examine the very nature of the Christian faith itself. It will ask whether or not this ancient religious system can be refocused and re-articulated so as to continue living in this increasingly non-religious world...

I will publish this challenge to Christianity in The Voice. I will post my theses on the Internet and send copies with invitations to debate them to the recognized Christian leaders of the world. My theses are far smaller in number than were those of Martin Luther, but they are far more threatening theologically. The issues to which I now call the Christians of the world to debate are these:

1. Theism, as a way of defining God, is dead. So most theological God-talk is today meaningless. A new way to speak of God must be found.

2. Since God can no longer be conceived in theistic terms, it becomes nonsensical to seek to understand Jesus as the incarnation of the theistic deity. So the Christology of the ages is bankrupt.

3. The biblical story of the perfect and finished creation from which human beings fell into sin ispre-Darwinian mythology and post-Darwinian nonsense.

4. The virgin birth, understood as literal biology, makes Christ s divinity, as traditionally understood,impossible.

5. The miracle stories of the New Testament can no longer be interpreted in a post-Newtonian world as supernatural events performed by an incarnate deity.

6. The view of the cross as the sacrifice for the sins of the world is a barbarian idea based onprimitive concepts of God and must be dismissed.

7. Resurrection is an action of God. Jesus was raised into the meaning of God. It therefore cannot be a physical resuscitation [from death] occurring inside human history.

8. The story of the Ascension assumed a three-tiered universe and is therefore not capable of being translated into the concepts of a post-Copernican space age.

9. There is no external, objective, revealed standard writ in scripture or on tablets of stone that will govern our ethical behavior for all time.

10. Prayer cannot be a request made to a theistic deity to act in human history in a particular way.

11. The hope for life after death must be separated forever from the behavior control mentality of reward and punishment. The Church must abandon, therefore, its reliance on guilt as a motivator of behavior.

12. All human beings bear God s image and must be respected for what each person is. Therefore, no external description of one s being, whether based on race, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation, can properly be used as the basis for either rejection or discrimination.

http://www.christian-apologetics.org/pdf/SpongRev20Web.pdf

• Sacrifice
     Reply #5 - September 10, 2016, 12:22 PM

Yes

Why the division between places to meet and carry our rituals - mosques , and the sacrificial ceremonies - Judaism had one main temple where sacrifices happened, there were others for example in Egypt - paganism had loads of sacrificial sites. Why no sacrifices in mosques as part of ceremonies?

Are animal throats ever cut in mosques? Why not?

Is Islam a synthesis of various traditions and ways of being religious? Is being a Muslim through practice more important than theology, a mistake imported from xianity?

A.A. Milne,

• Sacrifice
     Reply #6 - September 10, 2016, 12:43 PM

Is Islam a synthesis of various traditions and ways of being religious?

Is being a Muslim through practice more important than theology, a mistake imported from xianity?

There is little doubt on those two questions answer being one word,  and  that is  "Yes"  dear moi ., As far as Islam importing stories and mistakes from  OT & NT ., I say they imported everything in to Quran  and these silly stories are  repeated ad nauseam.   such as the story  Moses rod turning int o snake., Also these Quran writers  added some new names and  more nonsense in to it through hadith + Quran ...Such as Zaid .. Zainab   story and made some new rules for the converts .

There is only one statement in Quran that makes sense .. rest of Quran is nothing but songs sonnets repeated stories  angry words  and plain rubbish..

Off course as literature.,  it has some value and  it is a  book of its time

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »