Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hindu Gods

(Read 2998 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hindu Gods
     OP - August 13, 2016, 01:49 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx9FcRfJZmo

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
  • Hindu Gods
     Reply #1 - August 26, 2016, 09:30 PM

God/s and Goddesses Across The World From Ancient Times

*What is HINDUISM* & *What Are Its Main Beliefs*

I guess  either rascals deleted many of "yeezevee posts"  or their website just lost them..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Hindu Gods
     Reply #2 - September 01, 2016, 08:40 PM

good vid. I love the Shakti god image. almost like something out of 'my little pony' dolls

My mother watches a few indian soaps in the evening and one thing I've noticed is that they're always doing some sort of puja. and they're often able to argue and yell at their gods.  Something I've never seen in a Pakistani soap. We're not allowed to get angry with allah.
  • Hindu Gods
     Reply #3 - June 10, 2017, 04:37 PM

Religions/faiths   around the Globe...

Religions In Africa.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSCYYBIg8ks

Religions In Asia.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmc-nybvOt0

Religions of Europe 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnqqJHh93wo

religions North America
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OonB7Mr7To

NATIVE NORTH AMERICAN BELIEFS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8KIjSQK4Fw

• Hindu Gods
     Reply #4 - June 10, 2017, 06:31 PM

There are a lot of Indians in the greater New York area - a million or more.   The IT department where I work is dominated by Indians and I've been fortunate to make a few friends there and while watching cricket in the Indian Leagues in New Jersey.

I've just learned that Indians accept the word 'Hindu' a bit grudgingly because it was a foreign term coined to describe them by the Persians who created it to describe the people living beyond the Indus river at the eastern edge of their empire.   The Indians see themselves as followers of the Vedanta or the Vedic Teachings and traditions.

One of my Indian friends has given me a book on the Vedic teachings - with essays by people like Christopher Isherwood as well as Indian teachers and experts.  Vedic teachings pre-date just about every other religion and the Vedantic teaching were termed the 'Phjilosophia Perennis' by western commentators.  Meaning they constitute the least common denominator of all other religions.   

• Hindu Gods
     Reply #5 - June 10, 2017, 07:20 PM

Hi  Unifer  Glad to read your all posts ..55 of them.. You are sincere in your writings/responses
    There are a lot of Indians in the greater New York area - a million or more.   The IT department where I work is dominated by Indians and I've been fortunate to make a few friends there and while watching cricket in the Indian Leagues in New Jersey.

Very  Charming folks
    I've just learned that Indians accept the word 'Hindu' a bit grudgingly because it was a foreign term coined to describe them by the Persians who created it to describe the people living beyond the Indus river at the eastern edge of their empire

that is interesting. That is news to me., ,I wonder  ideally  what would  hindus living in US of A   would like them to be addressed?

pagans?    Snake Charmers?
    The Indians see themselves as followers of the Vedanta or the Vedic Teachings and traditions.

Sure they are flexible.,  and they have many ways escape  if you Question the basics  about their faith...
    One of my Indian friends has given me a book on the Vedic teachings - with essays by people like Christopher Isherwood as well as Indian teachers and experts. Vedic teachings pre-date just about every other religion

really ??  are  their religious scriptures predate  Moses and earlier prophets ABRAHAMIC FAITHS?

well  may be  they are the oldest faith heads.,  after all they have Monkey god,  cat god, rat god, pig god  and the intermediate species gods..  For them everything that makes noise is god  including wind and trees..
    and the Vedantic teaching were termed the 'Phjilosophia Perennis' by western commentators.  Meaning they constitute the least common denominator of all other religions.  

yes...yes.. some one called  Hinduism   as  boa constrictor of all other faiths,, Anyways., i am so glad you joined CEMB..

with best regards
    yeezevee

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »