Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Christ and Christianity in Quran

(Read 5188 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Christ and Christianity in Quran
     OP - April 25, 2010, 07:23 PM

Christ and Christianity in Quran

YUSUFALI: And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of a Messenger to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!"

PICKTHAL: And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is the Praised One. Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.

SHAKIR: And when Isa son of Marium said: O children of Israel! surely I am the messenger of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat and giving the good news of an Messenger who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic.

So the question is .. When and where   Jesus, the son of Mary, said:  "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you   .. whose name shall be Ahmad."  Huh?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Re: when and where Jesus son of Mary said "Prophet will come with name Ahmad??
     Reply #1 - April 25, 2010, 07:34 PM

INB4 creative interpretation 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
  • Re: when and where Jesus son of Mary said "Prophet will come with name Ahmad??
     Reply #2 - April 25, 2010, 08:06 PM

INB4 creative interpretation 

good point., well then I have to leave it to that Indian guy.. Zakir Naik ., Sure he must have already done that somewhere..

Reply #3 - April 25, 2010, 08:29 PM

So the question is .. When and where   Jesus, the son of Mary, said:  "O Children of Israel! I am the messenger of Allah (sent) to you   .. whose name shall be Ahmad."  Huh?

Are you asking where is it in the Bible?

Muslims would simply say the Bible is corrupt.
     Reply #4 - April 25, 2010, 08:50 PM

They use an excellent cop out don't they Roll Eyes

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."
    ~Sir Richard Francis Burton

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #5 - April 25, 2010, 09:05 PM

Are you asking where is it in the Bible?

I've heard something quite elaborate claiming the Bible prophesised Muhammad. But I can't remember it for the life of me!

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #6 - April 25, 2010, 09:06 PM

I think its Deuteronomy Chapter 18 verse 18.

"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshiped anything but himself."

"I think religion is just like smoking: Both invented by people, addictive, harmful, and kills!"
    ~RIBS
     Reply #7 - April 25, 2010, 09:09 PM

I've heard something quite elaborate claiming the Bible prophesised Muhammad. But I can't remember it for the life of me!

Yes I've heard Deedat and others say Muhammad was predicted in the Bible - though I don't believe the Bible has Jesus saying "I am a prophet of God" - which is the part I thought Yeezee was referring to.
     Reply #8 - April 26, 2010, 02:15 AM

Yes I've heard Deedat and others say Muhammad was predicted in the Bible - though I don't believe the Bible has Jesus saying "I am a prophet of God" - which is the part I thought Yeezee was referring to.

I remember many of those clips. Its him saying that all those verses about sweet together lovely and mount paran are predicting Muhammad. I think there is one Biblical verse which says Jesus was a prophet, but not the one that was to come.

~RIBS
     Reply #9 - April 26, 2010, 02:37 AM

Quite often in Quran,  It is hard to figure out who is saying what   on whom dear Hassan.  That is one of and that is another way Muslim intellectuals escape analyzing Quran asks you to go through different Tafsirs from different Schools.  Looking at that Shakir Translation(which closest to Arabic version)
    SHAKIR: And when Isa son of Marium said: O children of Israel! surely I am the messenger of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat and giving the good news of an Messenger who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic.  

To me what it is saying is the following
     Not only Christ is said  to  children of Israel that "Christ is  the messenger of Allah to  children of Israel"  but it is also saying that Jesus  predicted Muhammad(as Ahmad) "there was a Prophet/messenger Taurat before me" and there will be a Prophet whose name being Ahmad after me(Jesus)..

There are gillion verses like that with the same theme in Quran., It is essentially to equalize and eulogize Mr. Muhammad to the other Jewish Messengers along with Christ and reinforcing the belief of Muhammad is also similare type of messenger but he is the Last one.

I guess you gave the answer to my question., I was asking question whether the name " Ahmad" is present any where in Bible?(not OT but NT)  Because it was predicted by Christ.

Your answer was ..Bible is corrupted so such things are missing.. Funny thing is Quran doesn't mention any names of Authors of NT., although it was well know by that time Muhammad was born.. all these guys such as

* The Gospel of Matthew,
        * The Gospel of Mark
        * The Gospel of Luke,
        * The Gospel of John,  

etc. were already floating in Middle east..

Anyways for me,  Quran is a silly book that is put together way after death of Muhammad, some fools collecting rubbish stories from other religions along with a bit of Muhammad's silly personal  stuff as rules to humanity..

Reply #10 - April 26, 2010, 02:41 AM

I remember many of those clips. Its him saying that all those verses about sweet together lovely and mount paran are predicting Muhammad. I think there is one Biblical verse which says Jesus was a prophet, but not the one that was to come.

That guy Deedat born in India moved to South Africa told all sorts of stories during his time. And He was a big mouth., Big mouths with loud sounds often with cock and bull stories often win the debates with their noise., Ideally one should deal with them in a forum with written words. But those days are gone., if you say something now people will hear it out side of Islamic box,  carefully analyze it , type it in words on what he saying  and rip it apart on web.

Reply #11 - April 28, 2010, 12:43 PM

I've started my own religion.  Here's part of my holy book

"And when Jesus Mary's son said: "You Israel's sons and daughters, that I am God's messenger to you, confirming
    to what (is) between my hands from the Torah, and an announcer of good news with a messenger (that) comes from
    after me, his YouTube user name (is) TheRationalizer"

Holy shit eh? I really MUST be a messenger because Jesus predicted not only YouTube but also my user name on YouTube!  Not that writing a prediction AFTER the event weakens the claim in any way, obviously.

I don't come here any more due to unfair moderation.
    http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=30785
  • Re: Christ and Christianity in Quran
     Reply #12 - February 18, 2011, 10:27 PM

Christ and Christianity in Quran

002.087: And most certainly We gave Musa the Book and We sent messengers after him one after another; and We gave Isa, the son of Marium, clear arguments and strengthened him with the holy spirit, What! whenever then a messenger came to you with that which your souls did not desire, you were insolent so you called some liars and some you slew.

002.136: Say: We believe in Allah and (in) that which had been revealed to us, and (in) that which was revealed to Ibrahim and Ismail and Ishaq and Yaqoub and the tribes, and (in) that which was given to Musa and Isa, and (in) that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

002.253: We have made some of these messengers to excel the others among them are they to whom Allah spoke, and some of them He exalted by (many degrees of) rank; and We gave clear miracles to Isa son of Marium, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. And if Allah had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if Allah had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but Allah brings about what He intends.

003.045: When the angels said: O Marium, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa son of Marium, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).

003.046: And he shall speak to the people when in the cradle and when of old age, and (he shall be) one of the good ones.

003.047: She said: My Lord! when shall there be a son (born) to I me, and man has not touched me? He said: Even so, Allah creates what He pleases; when He has decreed a matter, He only says to it, Be, and it is.

003.055: And when Allah said: O Isa, I am going to terminate the period of your stay (on earth) and cause you to ascend unto Me and purify you of those who disbelieve and make those who follow you above those who disbelieve to the day of resurrection; then to Me shall be your return, so l will decide between you concerning that in which you differed.

003.059: Surely the likeness of Isa is with Allah as the likeness of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him, Be, and he was.

well these verses are nothing but bible stories., Islam with reference to its scriptures is nothing but Early heretic Christianity and Islam with reference  to Muhammad in Quran is nothing but  Arabian Pagan stories of Bedouin desert..

Reply #13 - February 19, 2011, 02:11 AM

The verses are not Bible stories, they are references to them. Besides there is nothing new in the Quran. Just plagiarized stories from other religions.
     Reply #14 - February 19, 2011, 03:45 AM

some shit about a comforter if i recall correctly
     Reply #15 - February 28, 2011, 04:22 PM

here is a great video., the guy starts his life as an  atheist   and turns in to Christian and Islam critique by reading Quran...  lol

http://www.faithfreedom.org/videos-features/what-every-christian-and-non-christian-need-to-know-about-islam-1-hr-19-mins/

interesting video and a smart guy., I think that Zakir Joker of India  may debate with this guy

What Every Christian (and Non-Christian) Need to Know About Islam (1 Hr & 19 mins) From Ina intellectual Muslim Criticizing Christian bible/s
    http://www.faithfreedom.org/videos-features/what-every-christian-and-non-christian-need-to-know-about-islam-1-hr-19-mins/

Reply #16 - February 28, 2011, 08:11 PM

a whole week has passed away and not a single muslim scholar has been able yet to refute my claim that satan raped amina and impregnated her causing her to give birth to Muhammed, yet you folks are busy with the quwran and bible :(
     Reply #17 - February 28, 2011, 08:14 PM

What the hell are you trying to prove here armanduk?

Admin of following facebook pages and groups:
    Islam's Last Stand (page)
    Islam's Last Stand (group)
    and many others...
     Reply #18 - February 28, 2011, 08:22 PM

a whole week has passed away and not a single muslim scholar has been able yet to refute my claim that satan raped amina and impregnated her causing her to give birth to Muhammed, yet you folks are busy with the quwran and bible :(

Do you ever read your own posts dear armanduk2010??  do you have a forum to refute your allegations against Muhammad the kid before he became Prophet of Islam??

Let me put it this way., even Muhammad's mother was a Prostitute  and born to Unwed Mother like Jesus Christ  ., It is not Muhammad's fault.

Reply #19 - February 28, 2011, 08:23 PM

Can't be proven when there is no such thing as satan.
     Reply #20 - February 28, 2011, 08:23 PM

yezevee, I take it you failed English Comprehension Class in school, bruv :(
     Reply #21 - February 28, 2011, 08:30 PM

yezevee, I take it you failed English Comprehension Class in school, bruv :(

well I  failed many things,  not only in understanding your posts dear armanduk2010 .,   So don't you want to rewrite  what you write at  your link,  so people like me can understand??

• Christ and Christianity in Quran
     Reply #22 - August 26, 2016, 09:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAaW6BYhfNM

can some one make similar story on Muhammad(pbuh)?     

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »