Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 28, 2024, 06:41 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 27, 2024, 01:26 PM

New Britain
April 27, 2024, 08:42 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 12:17 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 08:53 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Does your religious family hate dogs?

(Read 7263 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Does your religious family hate dogs?
     OP - July 29, 2016, 04:50 PM

I love dogs.  We always wanted one while growing up but my mother thought dogs were filthy and should,not be in the house.  I would get a dog now but if I was sick or needed to be away there is no one to take care of the dog. 

Some of my friends have dogs and I love to play with them and go for walks with them.  My friend was very concerned that someone had put poisoned food in the park nearby where people walk their dogs.  Some dogs ate the food and got very sick and a few died.  I was shocked at this.  I also heard from other people that this was happening in other parks and neighbourhoods. 

The unreligion, only one calorie
     Reply #1 - August 06, 2016, 06:10 PM

Lol yes. It's ingrained in their brains that all
    Dogs are evil and if they lick you you'll die or something haha.
    It took me a while to stop freaking out every home I saw one as its taught from a young age. Totally okay with them now and love they cute lil creatures!
     Reply #2 - August 07, 2016, 08:44 AM

Dogs come and greet you when you come in the door.  The little one licks my arm because of the salt?   The dogs also greet, smell and lick each other when they meet. 
    Someone told me that dogs licking you is like kissing you.   So dogs are full of love for people they live with.  How happy!

Reply #3 - August 07, 2016, 09:21 AM

I'm totally getting a dog. Fuck whatever the Islamic sources say about it.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #4 - August 07, 2016, 02:22 PM

................ Fuck whatever the Islamic sources say about it......

well 

Had we willed, we could have elevated him therewith, but he insisted on sticking to the ground, and pursued his own opinions. Thus, he is like the dog; whether you pet him or scold him, he pants. Such is the example of people who reject our proofs. Narrate these narrations, that they may reflect.  ........7:176

You would think that they were awake, when they were in fact asleep. We turned them to the right side and the left side, while their dog stretched his arms in their midst. Had you looked at them, you would have fled from them, stricken with terror.............  18:18

Some would say, "They were three; their dog being the fourth," while others would say, "Five; the sixth being their dog," as they guessed. Others said, "Seven," and the eighth was their dog. Say, "My Lord is the best knower of their number." Only a few knew the correct number. Therefore, do not argue with them; just go along with them. You need not consult anyone about this. ............  18:22

well that is what Quran says about dogs.,  those verses  are actually parables and nothing to do with real dogs..

and here is danish lady... crying...  and other news from that part of the  globe..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #5 - August 07, 2016, 03:40 PM

Dogs are evil and if they lick you you'll die or something haha. .............

https://www.rt.com/news/354709-pakistan-stray-dogs-karachi/
    http://www.dawn.com/news/1275519/hundreds-of-stray-dogs-poisoned-in-karachi?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dawn-news+(Dawn+News)

KARACHI: Officials have poisoned hundreds of dogs in southern Karachi in the latest effort to curb a population of strays that attack thousands of people each year in the city.

Bodies of dead dogs littered areas of the city where municipal workers gathered them for disposal. "At least 700 dogs have been killed only in two areas of Karachi's south in the last couple of days," said Sattar Javed, a spokesman for the municipal authority.  Officials estimated the citywide operation that started this week had culled thousands of strays but did not have a full accounting for all six city districts.

The periodic culling of dogs using poison tablets hidden in chicken meat has drawn criticism from animal rights activists in Pakistan,

that news   is just two days old....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHsaBsUib08

they may be stray dogs ..but they are NOT RABID DOGS  like   these

• Re: Does your religious family hate dogs?
     Reply #6 - August 07, 2016, 04:28 PM

Yeez the real problem of stray dogs in places like India (and may be Pakistan), is that they are pack animals and basically wild, so their loyalty is to the pack.  Its hard to find a really humane solution. 

Where Streets Are Thronged With Strays Baring Fangs
    By GARDINER HARRISAUG. 6, 2012

NEW DELHI — Victims of the surprise attacks limp into one of this city’s biggest public hospitals. Among the hundreds on a recent day were children cornered in their homes, students ambushed on their way to class and old men ambling back from work.

All told the same frightening story: stray dogs had bitten them.

Deepak Kumar, 6, had an angry slash across his back from a dog that charged into his family’s shack.

“We finally closed the gates to our colony and beat the dog to death,” said Deepak’s father, Rajinder.

No country has as many stray dogs as India, and no country suffers as much from them. Free-roaming dogs number in the tens of millions and bite millions of people annually, including vast numbers of children. An estimated 20,000 people die every year from rabies infections — more than a third of the global rabies toll.

Packs of strays lurk in public parks, guard alleyways and street corners and howl nightly in neighborhoods and villages. Joggers carry bamboo rods to beat them away, and bicyclists fill their pockets with stones to throw at chasers. Walking a pet dog here can be akin to swimming with sharks.

A 2001 law forbade the killing of dogs, and the stray population has increased so much that officials across the country have expressed alarm.
    In Mumbai, where more than 80,000 people reported being bitten last year, the government plans to conduct a census of the strays by using motorcycles to chase down dogs and squirt their fur with ink. A member of the Punjab Legislative Assembly proposed in June sending strays to China — where dogs are sometimes eaten — after more than 15,000 people in the state reported being bitten last year. In New Delhi, officials recently announced an intensified sterilization campaign.

India’s place as the global center for rabid dogs is an ancient one: the first dog ever infected with rabies most likely was Indian, said Dr. Charles Rupprecht, chief of the rabies program at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. Dog bites cause 99 percent of human rabies deaths.

Indeed, tackling rabies on the subcontinent is challenging because the relationships that Indian dogs maintain with humans are ancient. India’s pariah dog, the dominant street breed, is probably a descendant of an early Chinese immigrant, said Peter Savolainen, a professor of evolutionary genetics at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. With pointed ears, a wedge-shaped head and a tail that curls over its back, the pariah is similar in appearance to other prehistoric dogs like the Australian dingo.

For thousands of years, dogs’ relationship with humans was similar to that of pilot fish with sharks, said John Bradshaw, director of the Anthrozoology Institute at the University of Bristol in Britain.

“Dogs essentially started out as scavengers,” Dr. Bradshaw said. “They evolved to hang around people rather than to be useful to them.”

While that relationship has largely disappeared in the developed world, it remains the dominant one in India, where strays survive on the ubiquitous mounds of garbage. Some are fed and collared by residents who value them as guards and as companions, albeit distant ones. Hindus oppose the killing of many kinds of animals.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/07/world/asia/india-stray-dogs-are-a-menace.html
     Reply #7 - August 07, 2016, 04:42 PM

Yeez the real problem of stray dogs in places like India (and may be Pakistan), is that they are pack animals and basically wild, so their loyalty is to the pack.  Its hard to find a really humane solution.  

problems with population of a species is not new to the biology dear puzzlelover.,   where there is a will there will be a humane a way of controlling wild species  and that goes to all animals including  human species ....

http://www.oie.int/doc/ged/D9926.PDF
    http://www.vetwork.org.uk/abc.htm
    http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/user_upload/animalwelfare/WSPA_RSPCA%20International%20stray%20control%20practices%20in%20Europe%202006_2007.pdf
    http://vetswithoutborders.net/Stray_Dog_Control.pdf

anyways the news from those clips and on that dog culling news using poison  with this picture  says

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/140645-Aseefa-angry-at-poisoning-of-stray-dogs

KARACHI: Aseefa Zardari, the youngest daughter of former president Asif Ali Zadari, has condemned the poisoning of hundreds of stray dogs in Karachi carried out by the municipality in a bid to curb the population of stray dogs in the city.

Aseefa spoke out against the act on Twitter on Thursday, saying that “I am extremely angry at this [the killing of stray dogs].”

well that is the news...

Reply #8 - August 07, 2016, 05:26 PM

Sorry Yeez, the numbers are really concerning.  When I grew up in India, of course there were stray dogs as defined in the doc you linked and they became unofficial pets of the neighbourhood -- not packs of 10 or more, that I see when I visit India now.  Of course its not the fault of the creatures.   And nobody likes harming them, which is partly responsible for the present situation.   

Here is a random link I found  about the situation  in Bangalore :
    http://hubpages.com/animals/HOW-TO-TACKLE-THE-STRAY-DOG-MENACE

On an average 12 people are bitten by stray dogs per MINUTE somewhere in Bangalore.

From the reports of the stray dog menace, it is sad to observe that kids are the main victims. The slum kids are more prone to these sorts of attacks. Also, kids enjoy playing out in the evenings or at dark and thus are left to the fury of the stray mongrels. In a shocking incident at Chandra Layout, a little girl was mauled to death by a pack of nine dogs. In another case, a school girl was attacked by a pack of dogs because she was carrying a Tiffin box.

There is a poll under the article :-
     54% catch and kill
    14% adopt them
    29% sterilize them
    2  % leave them alone.

and the comments match these numbers.    I think the "kill" % would go down if the
    the sterilization programs were effective. Vaccinating them against rabies, distemper etc.   Proper garbage handling would also help I'm sure.   
    I don't have the answers and I do love animals.

Anyway I don't want to hijack this thread which is about Does your religious family hate dogs?
     Reply #9 - August 07, 2016, 05:51 PM

Aseefa Zardari, the youngest daughter of former president Asif Ali Zadari,

Cheesy Rich, fair-skinned, priviliged girl with lovely peacock feathered clothes and picture of that angel of Paksitan Benazir Bhutto sure knows what it is like to be orphon or beggar or old woman on the streets of Karachi and in terror of one those rabid dogs growling and then chasing and then biting her in the arse. Poor girl must beg for money for treatment. She has every right to her opinion as she knows how the real Pakistanis feel. Good experiment to try in Paksitan - let the rich and privileged rule who are obsessed with fair-skinned beauty and US oil booty!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #10 - August 07, 2016, 06:13 PM

Cute  little puppy   bunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=15UFzF7F3ys

Reply #11 - August 07, 2016, 08:57 PM

I'm totally getting a dog. Fuck whatever the Islamic sources say about it.

I am getting mine next year. Totally psyched.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #12 - August 07, 2016, 09:49 PM

I love dogs.  We always wanted one while growing up but my mother thought dogs were filthy and should,not be in the house.  I would get a dog now but if I was sick or needed to be away there is no one to take care of the dog. 

Use a kennel service.

Some of my friends have dogs and I love to play with them and go for walks with them.  My friend was very concerned that someone had put poisoned food in the park nearby where people walk their dogs.  Some dogs ate the food and got very sick and a few died.  I was shocked at this.  I also heard from other people that this was happening in other parks and neighbourhoods. 

Teach pets not to eat random crap on the ground. My 2 dogs use to eat whatever they wanted off of the ground, now they don't. Amusingly they jump back from these sources of food as they are now conditioned to do so. Dogs are only as good as their owners. If a dog eats stuff from the ground it is the owner that is not training their dog.

I avoid dog parks due to the local government not cleaning these sites. All sorts of filth pill up. I might as well let my dogs into the garbage dump.

Again train your pets. Most problems dogs have is due to horrible owners.
     Reply #13 - August 08, 2016, 07:25 AM

I am getting mine next year. Totally psyched.

That's awesome. I'm sure kids will love it too!  Afro

Any preference for type you are getting?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #14 - August 08, 2016, 07:27 AM

Use a kennel service.

Teach pets not to eat random crap on the ground. My 2 dogs use to eat whatever they wanted off of the ground, now they don't. Amusingly they jump back from these sources of food as they are now conditioned to do so. Dogs are only as good as their owners. If a dog eats stuff from the ground it is the owner that is not training their dog.

I avoid dog parks due to the local government not cleaning these sites. All sorts of filth pill up. I might as well let my dogs into the garbage dump.

Again train your pets. Most problems dogs have is due to horrible owners.

Seems like having a dog is an awful lot like being a parent. Maybe I should reconsider this thing then...

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #15 - August 08, 2016, 07:43 AM

Seems like having a dog is an awful lot like being a parent. Maybe I should reconsider this thing then...

I grew up with dogs.

Make it "a retarded child with a couple of super-senses" and you are pretty close.

A well trained dog is a fantastic companion, a misbehaving dog is a pest (and a risk) to anyone around you.
    Nature has programmed dogs to love and adore the alpha of the pack, and they will.
    Two dogs without a human alpha make up a pack, and even the cutest family doggies can forget about being domesticated and hunt whatever is made of flesh once that pack mentality re-emerges.

A cat on the other hand really hates you, but knows that you are the source of food and comfort, and thus graciously accepts you.
    Should a better home show up, it will betray you.

My honest opinion is, that feral dogs and cats are invasive species, and should be shot on sight.

Reply #16 - August 08, 2016, 06:18 PM

A dog is like a 3 year old with the worst case of ADD/ADHD you have ever seen.

Seriously owning a dog requires an effort on the part of the owner. A lack of effort is why there are bad dogs, and stupid owners with bad dogs. You have to consider how long the type of dog you want is going to live. Say your breed of choice lives for 12 years. You have to be willing to commit to a social and financial contracts between the dog and yourself for that time period. If you can not or will not train a dog that could be 12 years of hell for both of you.  It isn't bad that you are rethinking it. Most people don't they just get one on a whim such as children wanting one.

Reply #17 - August 08, 2016, 06:18 PM

My honest opinion is, that feral dogs and cats are invasive species, and should be shot on sight.

Feral dogs that have owners are the worst
     Reply #18 - August 08, 2016, 09:25 PM

That's awesome. I'm sure kids will love it too!  Afro

Any preference for type you are getting?

Yes. I want a black lab on the smaller side, but I will take whatever they train for us. It will be a service dog for my son.

Reply #19 - August 08, 2016, 09:30 PM

It is far easier than parenting. It is perfectly acceptable to teach a dog to stay in one spot while you get things done or to keep them safe. You can leave them home alone for a shift and no one bats an eye.
    Training a dog only takes about a half hour a day. The puppy stage can be tough if you don´t puppy proof your home properly.
    But don´t get a Basenji. Don´t. 

Reply #20 - August 09, 2016, 02:58 AM

And if you want easy training, stay away from beagles.

They will look at at you with an understanding and slightly mourning look, then do exactly like they want anyway.

Regarding cats:
     Reply #21 - August 09, 2016, 02:59 AM

Feral dogs that have owners are the worst

Indeed.
    In those cases, shooting the owners would be a better solution.
     Reply #22 - August 09, 2016, 05:43 AM

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-36985697

that is a great story from Alexandria

Reply #23 - August 09, 2016, 05:53 AM

not a doggie fan myself. they always come rushing up to me in parks. apparently they want to play with me. so the owners always say when they turn up five mins later. the owners never have them on a lead which really annoys me. flippin dogs.
     Reply #24 - August 09, 2016, 05:59 AM

oh yes, in answer to the question. I was taught that the spit of the dog in unclean and not the dog itself. having said that my grandparents always had dogs as pets.
     Reply #25 - August 09, 2016, 10:39 AM

Yes. I want a black lab on the smaller side, but I will take whatever they train for us. It will be a service dog for my son.

Service dogs are the best!
    Other animals have been trained.   There is even  'The Guide Horse Foundation, featuring miniature horses  for people who have the inclination and/or are allergic to dogs or have religious objections like this girl :
    Blind student saves for three years to buy a guide HORSE because her strict Muslim parents consider dogs unclean

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1329398/Blind-woman-buys-guide-HORSE-strict-Muslim-parents-consider-dogs-unclean.html#ixzz4GqUf1lGY

I suppose a pig  piggy wouldn't make the cut for her parents either. Wink
    Assistance Monkeys, Ducks, Parrots, Pigs and Ducks … Should the law protect them?
    When people think of service animals, they think guide dogs for the blind. But today it’s monkeys for quadriplegia and agoraphobia, guide miniature horses, a goat for muscular dystrophy, parrots for psychosis and any number of animals for anxiety, including cats, ferrets, pigs, at least one iguana and a duck...
    But now the United States government is considering a proposal that would force people to give up their nontraditional service animals because a growing number of people think the whole thing has gotten out of control...

http://scienceblogs.com/culturedish/2008/12/31/assistance-monkeys-ducks-parro/
     Reply #26 - August 09, 2016, 11:04 AM

Nice  Afro
     Reply #27 - August 09, 2016, 04:36 PM

My father was training a puppy to be a guide dog.  Too bad she failed her final exam.  She had too much anxiety.  About 20% of the puppies fail out. They let him pay a fee to keep her.  He felt very bad about it but she was happy to be back with him. 

There needs to be more licencing for guide animals.  The guide dog programmes for specific disbilities are usually quite intensive and expensive.  Some people claim their pets are therapy animals just because they want to take them to places where pets are not normally allowed.  The animals also have to behave in certain places.

I cannot understand the guide horse idea.  Is the horse really going to be allowed to accompany this girl places like school, the mall, the mosque?  I saw a big stink when there were community tours of the local Hindu temple.  A blind woman was claiming her guide dog was allowed in and arguing.  They had offered a shady place with water and supervision for her dog to rest while she would be given a private guided tour.  She rejected that.  Dogs are not allowed in the Hindu temple but she could not accept that. 

I love that some people take in dogs and other animals as an alternative to killing them.  They are foster homes.  I saw some people in the park who had a little dog with three legs and tiny wheelchair for it so it could run around.  Humans can be so wonderful and caring. 

Reply #28 - August 10, 2016, 01:07 PM

Croydon Cat Killer, is that you? So have you moved on to slaughtering humans yet?

You think you have the right to pronounce a death sentence on innocent creatures, simply for the "crime" of existing.

Yeah, how dare those cats and dogs be allowed to live! Just put bullets in them all! No compassion or respect for life. What a disgusting display of human arrogance and an inflated, false sense of superiority over innocent animals. Absolutely vile.

The only feral, invasive species is humans. Raping, murdering, abusing, poisoning the soil, the oceans, the atmosphere. Just poisoning, destroying and killing wherever they go.

Even that ISIS bloke is kind to cats. Congratulations, you managed to make an evil, mass murdering terrorist look like the better person.

I lost myself
    I think I need someone in here?
    I know I'm sane
    But still my daemon calls me
     Reply #29 - August 10, 2016, 06:59 PM

If I were to get a dog my religious family probably wouldn't come to my house...

Therefore I'm getting a dog.
    Actually I'm going to get two Pomeranians and will call one Coco and the other Chanel.
      dance Cheesy
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »