Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Qandeel Baloch.. The story of a rebel girl from Islamic lands repeats often

(Read 8049 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Qandeel Baloch.. The story of a rebel girl from Islamic lands repeats often
     OP - July 16, 2016, 11:17 AM

Qandeel Baloch..  The story of a rebel girl from Islamic lands  repeats often

Qandeel Baloch: Pakistan social media celebrity 'killed by brother'  says BBC news

Pakistani social media celebrity Qandeel Baloch has been killed by her brother in an apparent 'honour killing' in the province of Punjab, police say. Ms Baloch, 26, recently caused controversy by posting controversial pictures of herself on social media, including one with her alongside a Muslim cleric. Police say she was strangled to death.Cases of women being killed for 'dishonouring' their family are commonplace in Pakistan.

Qandeel Baloch became a household name for posting bold, sometimes raunchy, photographs, video and comments. conservatives condemned her when she posted pictures of herself with a prominent cleric, Mufti Qavi.
    Ms Baloch's parents told  

The Express Tribune that she was strangled to death on Friday night. "[Her brother] Wasim, 30, killed her last night following an argument," her parents were quoted as saying.[/b][/u]But they said her body was not discovered until Saturday morning.The actor's parents have been taken into custody, the Tribune reported.

Ms Baloch, described as Pakistan's Kim Kardashian, had gone to Punjab from Karachi because of the threat to her security, police say.  Ms Baloch rose to fame in Pakistan in 2014 when a video of her pouting at the camera and asking "How em looking?" went viral. In a recent interview she was bitterly critical of Pakistan's patriarchal society and described herself as a leading exponent of girl power.

While many younger people saw her as a cultural icon and hailed her liberal views, she was also subjected to frequent misogynist abuse online.  Her request for better security was ignored by the government, Dawn reported, despite pleas made three weeks ago to the interior minister and other senior officials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxotKmCpFWE

what a life

damn  look at that village cot she is sleeping on and how simple background  she came from.   She comes out of a home with very little  financial and educational background., Thanks t internet In 2014 she uploaded her video ..in 2 years she took Pakistan like storm single handedly   and in 2016  she died in the hand her own brother..  She apparently has some million follower on her face book ..

Well that seems to be the  story of  the life of independent fighting women/girls of Pakistan..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Pakistan: The Nation.. The Politics... and The Religion
     Reply #1 - July 16, 2016, 12:03 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnUh1UEf2TU

Pathetic  people .. The nation lost its soul....  may be there was no soul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_LdjRt7YDM

oh well .... life.. life goes away.......

Reply #2 - July 16, 2016, 12:44 PM

And as life goes on, sensible minds despair for the future.
     Reply #3 - July 16, 2016, 12:57 PM

I dont get her story tbh
    Why would she get back to her family, given their background?

Well, this shit will go on. I doubt it'll change in centuries.

Reply #4 - July 16, 2016, 01:26 PM

Well, this shit will go on. I doubt it'll change in centuries.

NO.. it can not go on.,  It need to be stopped.....IT CAN BE STOPPED.......

I dont get her story tbh
    Why would she get back to her family, given their background?

well I  too didn't know much about her except people in the Pakistan news/talk shows/politically saucy debaters    used / and use her face and words for their ratings and selling their shows to public  ..such as these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQcgrN4ngM0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDuooTZpOdE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD8DHuriRaY

((Now they are selling  face of her dead body for TV ratings))  anyways So I started noticing her ..I hope educated young girls like you learn something out of her life....  Apparently she was married at 17 due to her parents ., ..uneducated..high school drop out.. married to a some village guy..but she had dreams... and she used internet ..  see those tubes.. how popular she became with in 2 years due to social media?

as far as "Why would she get back to her family, given their background?"

You tell me...you too live/lived  with your parents and siblings ... Eid al-Fitr........Ramadan ends  .the festival of Eid al-Fitr .. home...they may not like her but still she too is human.,   put yourself in her shoes  think about that question..  

Why did she go to her parents home??     you tell me the answer  and look at her face book  https://www.facebook.com/OfficialQandeelBaloch/

my goodness gracious...........

Reply #5 - July 16, 2016, 02:10 PM

Meh  I dont know what she was hoping for, after she was forced into marriage with some random dude

Reply #6 - July 16, 2016, 02:29 PM

Meh  I dont know what she was hoping for, after she was forced into marriage with some random dude

well she left the marriage within 2 years.. So she was living alone..   but you look at this bearded  guy  and what she did with him..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxK03vxy17o

well Pakistan is not a right country for .. if she moved to Amrikha she would have replaced that Armenian Kim Kardashian

Reply #7 - July 16, 2016, 11:30 PM

I found the music video that was going around to be comically bad. I feel terribly sorry that she was murdered though.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
  • Another setback for Women's rights in the Islamic World
     Reply #8 - July 17, 2016, 12:26 AM

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36814258

Absolutely sad and another setback for Women's rights and liberalism in Pakistan. It's sad to think that more Women will be put off fighting for their rights now or 'rebelling'. Out of fear more will sit passively but can you blame them? What can be done?
     Reply #9 - July 17, 2016, 05:24 AM

I'm sure some will become more afraid, but I also feel that more will rebel out of anger.  Some girls will see what happened and think fuck it, they can't keep us down. 

At least I hope....and I don't hope because I am scared for them, but that's what I feel.  That more will come out and risk death out of anger that she was killed.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #10 - July 17, 2016, 06:18 AM

Could you merge the posts in yeezevee's Pakistan thread with this thread?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #11 - July 17, 2016, 06:30 AM

Seems a bit dismissive to bury this story into the massive thread that people might only read if they specifically want to know about Pakistan, no?

Not saying you are trying to dismiss it, just that the other thread is a massive whopper of a thread, that I wouldn't click on. 

No offence to Yeez, but when his threads get that long, I don't really read it.

Don't mind if that is the consensus, just seems a bit sad to add her into that thread.

Reply #12 - July 17, 2016, 06:46 AM

Seems a bit dismissive to bury this story into the massive thread

I meant the opposite.

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #13 - July 17, 2016, 07:01 AM

Not sure what you meant, but anyway I've merged them. 

Reply #14 - July 17, 2016, 04:55 PM

I wanted you to take the posts about Qandeel Baloch that were in this thread and put them in the new thread that Hsnake made about the topic.

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #15 - July 17, 2016, 05:31 PM

Ohhh.  Grin

My bad.  I haven't slept for 48 hours.  My only excuse.  I will do that now.

Reply #16 - July 17, 2016, 05:34 PM

Done.

Reply #17 - July 17, 2016, 06:41 PM

Thanks Berber & weasel.

Damn that's really said, they didn't have to take those pictures, but I guess it's a reminder of how fragile and precious human life is. And women should not be seen as anything less than that.

I really do hope something comes of this but I'm not optimistic.

It's very telling that we've essentially, socially evolved to expect disappointment and zero progress.

Rest In Peace.
     Reply #18 - July 17, 2016, 06:57 PM

Qandeel Baloch brother waseem arrested & claim he killed her for "HONOUR" 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr33i6Bgfak

that pathetic rogue can not be a brother .. he is baboon and should be put in zoo without clothes and feed him along with animals until he dies .. LET THE PEOPLE WHO VISIT ZOO SEE HIM and hear the story of Qandeel Baloch ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbu6dMNzWhY

yes when she was alive every scoundrel cursed her and when she is dead they are praying

Reply #19 - July 18, 2016, 10:43 AM

Qandeel Baloch  March 1, 1990 – July 15, 2016    RIP

indeed Qandeel Baloch was a phenomenon., Qandeel was an unapologetic rebel grew-up to become Social Reformer of Land of Pure the only way she knew  and on the way  she paid the ultimate price  in the hands of her own sibling. If she had an educated strong  supportive  father like Malala's Dad., she would have been as good a social reformer for land of pure as any other well known woman .. Look at those words what she said  they are as good or even better than the best sermon you read from any religious book  in support of  women folks in the society ., IN FACT THEY ARE BETTER THAN WHAT I READ IN QURAN.

Reply #20 - July 18, 2016, 10:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Lm7RMOJCA

well that is all happened because

THE LAND SHE WAS BORN  IS CALLED LAND OF MALE SPECIES FUCKING PURE ASS HOLES

Reply #21 - July 18, 2016, 12:27 PM

These men are mentally ill. But I hate more the women who support these men.

Reply #22 - July 18, 2016, 01:24 PM

These men are mentally ill. But I hate more the women who support these men.

Not only we have mentally ill fools in Islam but the actions of these lunatics is supported directly or indirectly by the preachers of Islam, feudal rogues of Islam, politicians in the society along with criminal financial  deals among these scoundrels

Mufti Abdul Qawi incited Waseem to murder Qandeel: Qandeel's mother   says today's news from Jang.com

MUTLAN: Slain model Qandeel Baloch's mother claimed that her daughter Qandeel Baloch had been murdered by Muhammad Waseem after being incited by Mufti Abdul Qawi.

Qandeel Baloch's mother further disclosed that her son Waseem, who had murdered Qandeel, was also in contact with Qandeel Baloch's former husband Ashiq Hussain. She stated that in the murder of Qandeel Baloch, Ashiq Hussain, Mufti Abdul Qawi and Shahid were involved.

She further disclosed that at the time when Qandeel was murdered, their neighbours had spotted a suspicious unknown man with a beard outside Qandeel's house. Qandeel's mother revealed that neighbours had informed her that the suspicious bearded person went inside Qandeel's house after sometime.

Qandeel was planning to settle abroad, wanted Indian citizenship   says another news from Jang.com

KARACHI: Model Qandeel Baloch, who was strangled to death by her brother, wanted an Indian citizenship, Indian media reported on Monday. The model had tweeted in March that she wanted an Indian citizenship because she was 'disappointed from Pakistan' and tagged Narendra Modi in her tweet.

In an interview just days before her death, she had said, "In Pakistan, people are not ready to accept me. It would be much easier for me to work in India." There were also rumours that she was going to be a part of 'Bigg Boss 10', but Baloch did not confirm this and posted that she will "appear on Bigg Boss if they (the producers) agree to my terms."

The controversial model was receiving threats from her family because of her bold pictures and videos, the most recent one being the music video Ban.

A couple of weeks before her death, the slain model had requested for more security from the government and cited death threats as the reason she was forced to go underground.

Qandeel was often criticized for her Facebook posts and videos by a certain section of the population who thought she was spreading immorality while others thought she was breaking social taboos.. Citing security issues, Qandeel had said that was planning to settle abroad.

well that is the news from the land  that gave birth and that killed her

Reply #23 - July 18, 2016, 05:08 PM

Some pakistani muslim people were celebrating qandeel baloch honor killing on twitter and facebook.

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
     Reply #24 - July 18, 2016, 05:26 PM

LAHORE: A First Information Report (FIR) registered against the nominated killers of social media celebrity Qandeel Baloch was transformed into a non-compoundable FIR on Monday, police said, making it impossible for Qandeel's family to pardon her killers.

A senior police officer investigating the case told Dawn that Sections 311 and 305 of the Pakistan Penal Code had been added to the FIR.

Advocate Balak Shair Khosa, while talking to Dawn, said the addition of these sections was a welcome step.

“There cannot be an agreement [after this]. These sections were created to end karo-kari. Now that they have added them to the FIR, the victim's family cannot forgive the killers as the state has become a complainant. It will be taken as a murder against the state.”

http://www.dawn.com/news/1271588/state-becomes-complainant-in-qandeels-murder-bars-family-from-pardoning-killers

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #25 - July 20, 2016, 05:47 AM

http://www.dawn.com/news/1271588/state-becomes-complainant-in-qandeels-murder-bars-family-from-pardoning-killers

LAHORE: A First Information Report (FIR) registered against the nominated killers of social media celebrity Qandeel Baloch was transformed into a non-compoundable FIR on Monday, police said, making it impossible for Qandeel's family to pardon her killers

http://www.dawn.com/news/1271913/qandeel-murder-case-family-has-edge-over-state

Qandeel murder case: family has edge over state

LAHORE: Legal experts see government’s move of becoming a complainant in the murder case of social media celebrity Qandeel Baloch as an attempt to end apprehensions that legal heirs may pardon the killer-brother at a later stage of trial.
    Advocate Asad Jamal has an opinion that state can be legal heir (wali) only if there is no one from the family of the victim. In the case of Qandeel, her parents are alive, he says, adding that they can forgive their son (killer).

He says legally once the suspect confesses to the commission of the offence and the court admits such evidence under section 304 (Proof of qatl-i-amd liable to qisas) of the PPC, qisas becomes applicable.

Consequently, waiver (forgiveness without consideration/diyat etc) or reconciliation (compromise as a result of payment of diyat, for instance) of the offence becomes a real possibility unless the court goes to the extent of declaring the criminal act as fasad-fil-arz in which case the court can hand down a minimum punishment of 10 years of imprisonment as ta’azir, advocate Jamal states.

He adds that the court can also hand down death or imprisonment for life in honour killing cases as ta’azir.

Advocate Azam Nazir Tarar says under the existing scheme of law it is the state’s primary duty to prosecute criminals. He says private individuals are permitted to prosecute but not exclusively.

Mr Tarar says the role of the state as complainant in a case will not prejudice the wali’s right to pardon. However, he states, wali’s right to forgive a killer is not unfettered and subject to approval of the court.

Advocate Aftab Bajwa also sees government’s move as useless, saying the trial court has the jurisdiction to decide whether a criminal act falls within the definition of fasad-fil-arz under the section 311 of the PPC. He has the opinion that it is a simple murder case carrying punishment under section 302 of the PPC.

Reply #26 - July 20, 2016, 09:08 AM

Please stop referring to it as an 'honour killing'. It was straight up murder.
     Reply #27 - July 20, 2016, 03:32 PM

What is this... "family forgiving the killer" nonsense.

Iif the killer was their own son, that somehow makes honor killing un-punishable because many women were killed by their own family :(
     Reply #28 - July 22, 2016, 02:17 AM

We come from a very poor background," says her mother Anwar Bibi,

Muhammad Azeem, Qandeel's father says she was son to me and wants to see his son punished

Police say Qandeel's brother Waseem Azeem has confessed to her killing because she posted "shameful" pictures on Facebook

read the story  at   http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36856168

Reply #29 - August 19, 2016, 04:44 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBdnKQygpgY

great words there  w.r.t free will and allah.... they are interesting w.r.t those who believe in that allah god..whatever.,   

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »