Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hey fellow murtads

(Read 2347 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hey fellow murtads
     OP - July 14, 2016, 07:06 PM

Hello fellow murtads,

I'll shortly introduce myself. I am a murtad from Kosova. I was born to a traditional muslim family (if we can say traditional, we as people were forced into islam some 400 to 500 years ago by Ottoman Empire, traditionally we were pagan before Roman Conquest) and I grew up with muslim values (if there's anything valuable there).

When I was a kid I used to fast about 3 to 4 days each Ramadan because I was afraid I was going to go to hell if I didn't. I even tried to learn how to pray through youtube, but I didn't understand a word. I was afraid to touch the Quran without washing my hands...I was afraid that if I went to the bathroom and looked at the mirror I would see a red face behind me so I never did it. And many, many other things.

Then one day when I was 12, I decided I wanted to grow up. I stopped fasting, I still saw myself as muslim but I no longer was interested in religion bs. When I was 14 I went to high school where I met an atheist. The way he trolled muslims was so amusing, I actually started to do it too. By the age of 16 I finally matured and since then religion is a joke to me, and I began to read science, journals etc. Today I go into arguments with muslims non-stop but I don't admit that I am not a muslim in real life. Only my family, cousins and best friends know that I am an atheist. Others think that I'm a retarded muslim cause I question everything in islam and never say that I am not a muslim, I just avoid the question. I hate myself for that, but when surrounded by 40 brainwashed people at faculty the pressure forces me to not admit that I am actually an atheist. I speak like an atheist but claim to be a muslim...this is where my evolution should continue on.

Muslims here are majority, I assume about 60% of the people (official numbers are 96% because me and my atheist friends are included as muslims for example), because during the 2011 census every Kosova-Albanian was registered as muslim without asking us, same with Bosnian Minority and Turkish minority, and all Serb minority as orthodox.. So in the end results were like Albanians 92%, Turks 2%, Bosnians 2%, Serbs 4% then Muslims 96%, Orthodox 4%,  Atheist and Catholic 0% when in fact half of the population in the western part of the country is Catholic, many many people in capital Prishtina are atheists...

However mosques are always almost all empty, and muslims who pray 5 times a day are so rare I don't actually know any in real life. But if you say anything against islam publicly you will get many people arguing with you etc...weird people right? I'd say it's the lack of education.

Ok so that's pretty much my history, hello there Smiley
  • Hey fellow murtads
     Reply #1 - July 14, 2016, 07:11 PM

Hello Mr Murtad.

Welcome to CEMB I hope you shall feel at home here  parrot
  • Hey fellow murtads
     Reply #2 - July 15, 2016, 01:41 AM

parrot
    Welcome!

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »