Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: 24 dead in attack on diplomatic quarter of Bangladeshi capital says news

(Read 4660 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • 24 dead in attack on diplomatic quarter of Bangladeshi capital says news
     OP - July 02, 2016, 12:53 AM

24 dead in attack on diplomatic quarter of Bangladeshi capital  says news..telegraph.co.uk

six to eight gunmen have attacked popular restaurant in Dhaka
    Police reportedly working to free 20-30 hostages inc. children
    One suspected attacker wounded, arrested, taken to hospital
    Islamic State claim responsibility, say 24 dead
    Unconfirmed reports 50 police injured
    Attackers carrying swords and crude bombs, says manager
    Gunmen reported to be allied with Islamist group Ansar Islam have attacked a restaurant in the diplomatic quarter of the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka, with police saying several patrons, including foreigners, are still inside.

Some hostages have been rescued.

live update at dhakatribune.com

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - July 02, 2016, 11:03 AM

Bangladesh siege: Twenty foreigners killed at Holey Artisan Bakery in Dhaka  BBC News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt4qh0WklCM

Twenty people, all of them foreigners, were killed during an attack by suspected Islamist militants on a cafe in Bangladesh, the army says. Gunmen stormed the Holey Artisan Bakery cafe in Dhaka late on Friday before troops entered almost 12 hours later.

Six of the attackers were also killed and one was arrested, a government spokesman said. The attack was claimed by the so-called Islamic State (IS).  Italy's Prime Minister Matteo Renzi confirmed Italians were killed. He offered condolences to the victims' families and, referring to the attackers, said: "Our values are stronger than their folly."

Italian news agency Ansa said up to 10 Italians may be unaccounted for. The Italian press said many of those dining at the cafe worked in the garment industry.

India's foreign minister said one Indian national was among the dead
    Bangladesh Army Brig Gen Naim Asraf Chowdhury said the victims had been "brutally" attacked with sharp weapons

Japan's Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Koichi Hagiuda said seven other Japanese nationals were in the cafe, but that the government had not yet been able to contact them

Gen Chowdhury said 13 people were rescued, including one Japanese national and two Sri Lankans The siege began as diners were gathering to break their fast during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

"It was an extremely heinous act," Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said in a televised statement. "What kind of Muslims are these people? They don't have any religion. "My government is determined to root out terrorism and militancy from Bangladesh."

Bangladesh's Daily Star newspaper said the gunmen tortured anyone who was unable to recite the Koran. They provided meals overnight for only the Bangladeshi captives, it said.

The Gulshan district is a high-security area and considered among the safest places in Dhaka. Several embassies and non-governmental organisations are based in the neighbourhood and hundreds of foreigners and wealthy Bangladeshis live there.

The government had stepped up security after an Italian aid worker was killed in the area by suspected militants in 2015. It's difficult to travel through Gulshan without passing through a security check post. But the latest attack has shown that even Gulshan is not safe.

Reply #2 - July 03, 2016, 11:14 AM

Bangladesh has declared two days of national mourning for those killed when Islamic militants stormed a cafe in the capital, Dhaka.  Twenty hostages, most of them foreign, were killed in the attack. Two police officers also died and 30 were injured.

Bangladeshi commandos rescued 13 people after a 12-hour siege, killing six gunmen and arresting another.  Nine Italians, seven Japanese, one US citizen and an Indian were among the dead. One Italian is unaccounted for.

that news is from http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36696445

The victims

Nine Italians

Cristian Rossi,  A 47  year old , businessman, married and the father of two three-year-old twins. Mr Rossi ran a clothing consultancy, with offices in Bangladesh and China. He was on a business trip to Bangladesh.

Marco Tondat, 39year old, , worked for Studio Tex Ltd. He leaves behind a six-year-old girl.

Nadia Benedetti , 52 year old, also worked in the textile and clothing sector. She was managing director at Studio Tex Limited, based in London, with a branch in Dhaka.

Adele Puglisi, 54, was manager of a textiles company. She had been due back in Italy on Saturday morning. In April 2014, according to her Facebook profile, she started working at Artsana in Dhaka as quality control manager.

Simona Monti, 33, worked in a textiles firm and, according to reports in Italy, was five months pregnant

Claudia Maria D'Antona, 56, was managing director of Fedo Trading Ltd, an Italian textile company operating in Bangladesh, where she had been living for over 20 years with her husband, Gian Galeazzo Boschetti, the only Italian to survive the attack, worked for a charity bringing medical aid to people in Bangladesh

Vincenzo D'Allestro, 46, who was born in Switzerland but lived near Naples, and also worked in the textile industry

Maria Rivoli, 34, who worked in the textile industry and was the mother of a three-year-old

Claudio Cappelli, 45, who was from the Monza region and owned a clothing company

Seven Japanese. Five men and two women, four of whose names have been released

Koyo Ogasawara,
    Makoto Okamura,
    Yuko Sakai
    and Rui Shimodaira

Two Bangladeshis

Faraaz Ayaaz Hossai, a student at Emory University in the US,

Ishrat Akhond

US citizen
    Abinta Kabir, also a student at Emory University

One Indian
    Tarishi Jain, 18, who was a student at the University of California, Berkeley

Reply #3 - July 04, 2016, 02:44 PM

Well-educated and wealthy: Bangladesh police trying to confirm ID of Dhaka attackers  ..says news

Bangladesh police are trying to confirm the names of the attackers of a Dhaka restaurant, checking whether the identification of some on social media by friends and family is correct, Masudur Rahman, deputy police commissioner of Dhaka police, told Reuters on Monday.

Posts on Facebook citing friends identified three of the six attackers who were killed. Rahman said police will check pictures of the suspects against the bodies, interview families and conduct DNA tests.  The militants who slaughtered 20 hostages at a Dhaka restaurant were members of a homegrown Bangladeshi militant outfit and not followers of Daesh (IS) group, a senior minister said Sunday.

"They are members of the Jamaeytul Mujahdeen Bangladesh," Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan told AFP, referring to a group which has been banned in Bangladesh for more than a decade.

"They have no connections with Daesh."

Daesh has claimed responsibility for the killing of the hostages and two police officers during an 11-hour siege that ended on Saturday but the government has consistently denied that international groups are operating in Bangladesh.

that is what it says on those BRUTAL ROGUES OF ISLAM

Reply #4 - July 04, 2016, 04:02 PM

News at  thedailystar.net  Bangladesh says  These Rogues of Islam

followed these great preachers of Islam

to do what they did butchering innocent folks in a restaurant  ., the news at that link says
     Two of the five young militants who have slaughtered 20 innocent people Friday night at Holey Artisan Bakery used to follow three controversial Islamists -- Anjem Choudary, Shami Witness and Zakir Nayek.
    Militant killer Nibras Islam, 22, used to follow two alleged suspected recruiters of Islamic State -- Anjem Choudary and Shami Witness -- on Twitter in 2014.

Another killer Rohan Imtiaz, son of an Awami League leader, propagated on Facebook last year quoting Peace TV’s controversial preacher Zakir Nayek “urging all Muslims to be terrorists”.

A Pakistan-origin British citizen, 49-year-old Anjem is now facing trial in England for breaking the British anti-terrorism law. Shami Witness is the Twitter name of 24-year-old Mehdi Biswas of Bangalore in India, who is also facing trial for running propaganda for the IS.

Shami was arrested in December 2014 following an investigation into his Twitter account which was last active in August 2014. Anjem’s twitter account became inactive from August 2015 after terror charges were brought against him.

Dr Nayek is banned in UK, Canada and Malaysia and is a controversial figure in his home country India. He is wildly popular in Bangladesh through his Peace TV although his preaching often demeans other religions and even other Muslim sects.

This means at least in the case Nibras and Rohan, they  did not become radicalised overnight. They have been consuming radical materials for one to two years before finally disappearing in February-March and reappearing as “IS killers” Friday night at the Holey Artisan Bakery in Gulshan.

From their pictures posted by the IS media and recirculated by the SITE Intelligence Group, it can be assumed that these young men received arms training after their disappearance specifically to carry out the killing mission on June 1. Their attire with IS logo in their backdrop, the automatic rifles held in their hands reveal they underwent an organised training which is far from anything amateurish.

That the killers released some of the hostages 15 minutes before the army-led operation on Saturday morning also showed the depth of their brains being washed—that they were ready to die. While this is a bit different from committing suicide, but it takes extra-ordinary will force to remain ready to die.

The killers had uploaded grizzly pictures of their deeds at the Holey Artisan Bakery by midnight Friday —which was re-uploaded by the IS media claiming to have killed 20 people. These pictures widely circulated in the Internet also reveal the mind sets of the killers. All the women victims were blurred in the pictures. Militants say it is a sin to show pictures of women, who they do not mind killing or raping.  

Shami Witness

According to British media Channel 4 news, Shami Witness was charged by the Indian police in June last year for operating the “single most influential pro-ISIS Twitter account”.

A news investigation by Channel 4 in 2014 exposed IT expert Mehdi Biswas as the owner of the Shami Witness account. Indian police arrested him in December that year on charges of running the Twitter account that was followed by two-thirds of all the foreign jihadis on Twitter according to research by ICSR at King's College London.

On Twitter the City Crime Branch of Bengaluru City Police, India, said: "Charge sheet against Mehdi Masroor Biswas is filed under Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, it contains 35,000 pages & 122,000 tweets."

Who is Anjem Choudary?

Anjem Choudary was previously a solicitor and served as the chairman of the Society of Muslim Lawyers and until it was proscribed, said the spokesman for Islam4UK.

According to Telegraph report on June 28, Anjem has gone on trial being accused of terrorism offences.

He is charged in connection with speeches posted on YouTube.

The charges relate to a string of social media posts made between June 29 2014 and March 6 last year when it is alleged both Choudary and Rahman sought to validate the legitimacy of the 'Caliphate'.

Choudary also allegedly told supporters to travel to territory controlled by the barbaric regime in Syria and Iraq.

Dr Zakir Nayek

Zakir Naik is a popular Islamic orator and founder of Mumbai-based Islamic Research Foundation. He is termed as an authority on comparative religion and seen as “perhaps the most influentialSalafi ideologue in India”.

Zakir is banned in UK and Canada for his hate speech aimed against other religions and all Muslim sects except the Sunni followers.

Zakir is also among 16 banned Islamic scholars in Malaysia. But in April he visited Malaysia to attend a conference prompting various rights activists to protest.

Malayonline on April 17 in a report from Malaysia said 40 Malaysian- Indian groups signed a resolution urging the government to ban Dr Zakir Naik from entering Malaysia again, claiming he posed a threat to national security.

well that is what Bangladesh News paper  writes..

Reply #5 - July 04, 2016, 05:03 PM

Dhaka cafe attack: The rich Bangladeshi kids who grew up to be radicals  says news

DHAKA: Well-educated and hailing from wealthy families, the gunmen who killed 20 hostages in a Bangladesh cafe defy the increasingly outdated stereotype of militants from poor backgrounds who have been radicalised in madrassas.

Six young men were shot dead Saturday at the end of the all-night siege in a Dhaka cafe claimed by the militant Islamic State (IS) group.

One may have been an innocent bystander, but among the remaining five are a graduate of Bangladesh's leading private university, an 18-year-old student at an elite school and the son of a ruling party official.

"They are all highly educated young men and from well-off families," Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan told AFP.

what education?  my foot.,  putting a  laptop in front of a kid and giving money/cars/motor cycles is NOT education.  THEY ARE BRUTAL RABID DOGS  born in rich buggers homes who don't educate their kids..  single working mothers  who feed their children and teach her children about life is better than these so-called educed that come from  filthy rich homes that don't care about what their children are doing..

read more at that link...

Reply #6 - July 06, 2016, 10:41 AM

Dhaka Attack: Mubasher’s father apologizes for his son says news

Meer Hayet Kabir, father of one of the militants of the Dhaka cafe attack grieves for the actions of his son. Photo: CNN

As the nation is in a frenzy trying to identify all the killers of the Dhaka café attack, for Meer Saameh Mubasher’s family, the scenario is quite different. For his father, this is nothing but a nightmare. “How will we arrange a funeral for him in these circumstances?” he asked himself in an interview with the New York Times, “Who will come?”

“I will have to apologize to the whole world on behalf of my son,” said an aggrieved Meer Hayet Kabir, who was constantly breaking down during the interview.

On Sunday, the police telephoned Kabir, an executive with a foreign company in Dhaka, asking him to go to the military hospital morgue to identify a body that was possibly that of his 18-year-old son. He said he just could not bear to make the trip.

Mubasher has been missing since February 29, when he left home to attend a coaching center for his upcoming A-Level examinations. Since then, his family has been looking for him and rationalizing theories as to his whereabouts. According to CNN, Mubasher's family worried about another possibility: Maybe he was recruited by Islamists. On Saturday, the family learned their worst fear had become reality.

Relatives showed them a picture of Mubasher posted on an ISIS-affiliated site that identified him as one of the attackers in the deadly attack on the Holey Artisan Bakery in Dhaka.

"That's not my son, that's not my son," Kabir said. "He was full of humanity."

WHAT WENT WRONG WITH MUBASHER?

He said his 18-year-old son was impressionable, but asked, "which teen isn't?" Aside from that, there were few signs.

Mubasher has spent the previous six months studying hard for his upcoming A-level examinations. But the family did notice one change: He had stopped sketching. Mubasher was always interested in religion, and his family didn't discourage his curiosity in his faith.

But his father said he told his son that if he wanted to explore further, he should read the Quran directly. He even gave Mubasher an English translation of the Quran because he didn't want his son to get a warped interpretation elsewhere.

He told New York Times, that close relative believed Mubasher was radicalized either by people he met at a mosque or in school. “I believe some Islamist group recruited my boy” and brainwashed him, Kabir said.

“I can tell you my boy was really a good humanitarian soul,” he said. “Such a soul cannot do something cruel like this.”

Source: CNN and New York Times [/quote] well that is what a father says and this is the son..  the 18 year old  Islamic hero..

watch his father  speak  at  http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/04/asia/bangladesh-dhaka-attacker-meer-sameh-mobasheer/

Reply #7 - July 06, 2016, 10:44 AM

So far, officials have released the names of four attackers. A fifth survived but is in too critical condition to be interrogated. Like Mobasheer, Nibras Islam and Rohan Imtiaz also went to private universities where the primary language of instruction is English.

And like Mobasheer, they, too, were reported missing by their families for months before Friday's attacks.The fourth name authorities released was Khairul Islam Payel. Officials say he was a day laborer who went to an Islamic religious school.

Police had originally identified Saiful Islam Chowkidar as another slain attacker, but owners of Holey Artisan bakery have said he was actually a cook at the restaurant.

On Tuesday, police said they had mistaken the cook for a terrorist when in fact he was a victim. Police said they did not kill Chowkidar, but misidentified him after his body was found.

that is the news on killers of that tragedy...

Reply #8 - July 06, 2016, 10:57 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk5q9TeGo14

Founder of Islamic Research Foundation and controversial Islamic preacher Zakir Naik will return to India on July 11. He will be addressing the press conference on July 12.

Since the time it was revealed that one of the five young militants, who slaughtered 20 innocent people at the Holey Artisan Bakery in the Bangladesh capital Dhaka, used to follow the Mumbai-based preacher, Zakir Naik has been hogging the headlines.

Nibras Islam, 22, used to follow two alleged suspected recruiters of Islamic State — Anjem Choudary and Shami Witness — on Twitter in 2014.

Another young militant Rohan Imtiaz, son of an Awami League leader, propagated on Facebook last year quoting Peace TV’s controversial preacher Zakir Naik “urging all Muslims to be terrorists”.

SUCH IDIOTS GET PRIZES  FROM KINGS OF SAND LAND
    AND BECOME POPULAR PREACHERS OF ISLAM..

Reply #9 - July 06, 2016, 12:15 PM

Religion sucks  parrot
     Reply #10 - July 11, 2016, 12:45 AM

Religion sucks  parrot

Hello Aun., welcome to the forum .. well if something like Ice cream  sucks means,  the problem lies with makers and what they added in to that  that sucking stuff.,  What all we need to do is to add freedom of expression  and freedom to question the ingredients added in to it.,

So the news on that Bangladesh tragedy says

Bangladesh bans Zakir Naik's Peace TV, tracks students after attacks

DHAKA: Bangladesh government has ordered Islamic television station Peace TV to stop broadcasting and has told schools to report any missing students.

The station is run by Indian doctor-turned-preacher Zakir Naik, the founder and president of Mumbai-based Islamic Research Foundation, and its programmes are aired from Dubai. A Bangladesh cabinet committee decided to ban Peace TV from the country, information minister Hasanul Haq Inu told journalists Sunday.

The measures come after several suspected extremists were reported to be fans of the television channel, while others were found to be from elite universities but had been missing for months. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina earlier in the day called on every school, college and university to “create a list of absent students and publish it”.

That is a good idea., I think missing young students from classes must be put online along with their details,,,,

Reply #11 - July 11, 2016, 12:52 PM

well this is what that Indian foolish guy says .,he says one of the brutalrogue of thos murders was his fan..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNLhvuqQilI
    yadi.....yadi... Bangladesh Muslim rogue who butchered unrelated  was indeed your fan., You are a hero for such rogues across Islamic world around the globe., I wonder why?  Off course you have fans.. such  fans  of yours all over the world.,   Try that in Pakistan.,  the real fans of allah  will put you where you belong  ..

I do't care about what you say ..but FOOL TRIM  YOUR BEARD  ..  you started looking like real baboon ..

Reply #12 - August 16, 2016, 01:52 PM

Bangladesh arrests four women in cafe attack probe

DHAKA: Bangladeshi security forces said on Tuesday said they had arrested four women suspected of being members of a home-grown militant group blamed for an attack on a Dhaka cafe last month in which 22 people were killed. Five young men attacked the upmarket cafe on July 1, an assault which was later claimed by Islamic State. Three of the attackers were from affluent Dhaka homes who had broken off contact with their families months earlier.

Police believe that Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh, a banned group that has pledged allegiance to Islamic State, played a role in organising the group.

The four women were arrested in an overnight raid in the capital, based on information from a regional militant leader who was detained last month, said Rapid Action Battalion spokesman Mizanur Rahman Bhuiya.

“Three of them are students of a private university and the other one is working as an intern in the Dhaka Medical College and Hospital,” he told Reuters.

At least seven more people believed to have been involved in the attack had been identified, Monirul Islam, chief of counter-terrorism police, told reporters. “We have got to know their organisational names but their real names and whereabouts are yet to be identified,” he said.

Earlier, police said Bangladesh-born Canadian citizen Tamim Ahmed Chowdhury, 30, masterminded the cafe attack. Analysts say Islamic State identified him in April as its national commander. Al Qaeda and Islamic State have made competing claims for a series of killings of liberals and members of religious minorities in the country over the past year. The government has pinned the blame on domestic militant groups.

look at that news   ....“Three of them are students of a private university and the other one is working as an intern in the Dhaka Medical College and Hospital,”  well I guess they look like this

Police escort four women suspected of being members of the banned militant group JMB in Sirajganj district, July 24, 2016.  he suspects, identified as Nadira Tabassum, 30,  Habiba Aktar, 18,  Rumana Aktar, 21,  and Runa Begum, 19, were now in jail, he said.

great.....

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »