Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Triple Talaq - Bidat vs. Hasan and Khula

(Read 3161 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Triple Talaq - Bidat vs. Hasan and Khula
     OP - June 17, 2016, 11:53 PM

Not sure if this topic has been discussed before but I want to get some honest understanding about these issues (I tried to learn it from the Muslims, but they keep obfuscating it)

1. Triple Talaq - Bidat vs. Hasan
    Muslims say that Talaq-ul-hasan is the right way to divorce where you utter once, then reconciliation period (not sure how long this is), then second utterance (then another reconciliation period) and then finally the third.

However, does that mean that Talaq-ul-Bidat has no legitimacy and is not valid if done so?

2. Khula
    I've read that a woman can get divorce through the process of Khula.
    However, one of the conditions for Khula is husband's consent which makes me think, is it possible for a woman to get divorce if the husband absolutely refuses to divorce her?

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those that cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. - Alvin Toffler
     Reply #1 - June 18, 2016, 02:06 AM

When you utter the talaq the Iddah (waiting period) takes place. It lasts three months. At the end of that time your husband decides whether to keep you or not. The waiting period sucks, not because you can't do what you normally do (for me that was not a big deal), but because you are spending three months to be subject to someone else's will. I hated it. My husband decided to keep me the first time, then gave talaq again some time later and finalized the divorce after that second Iddah. A huge waste of my time.
    It could be that different Madhabs do it different ways. Mine was Hanafi.
    I have no idea about Hasan vs. Bidat. I just know one has to have an Iddah, and it is up to the husband.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #2 - June 18, 2016, 05:04 PM

Muslim marriage system is broken and sucks. Cheesy
    There is a split on talaq issue between islamic scholars.

3 in 1 talaq or 3 talaq?
     Cheesy
     Reply #3 - June 19, 2016, 01:26 AM

My husband did the triple talaaq in one go.  He tried to back track by claiming that it didn't count, and we were still married, and that each talaaq had to come at a different time period, but I contacted the local Imam at our mosque, who said we were extremely divorced with no going back for him at all.  At least not until I remarried, had sex, and then divorced.

The Imam said that doing 3 at once is so hated, the recommendation is to wait between each one, but when you go all out in rage and do 3 for 1, then the punishment needs to stand...that being that the husband loses the wife.

I am perfectly fine to believe this version, rather than the 1, time period, 2, time period, and then 3, possible freedom.

I was so happy.  One of those happy life changing moments lol.  Grin

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #4 - June 19, 2016, 03:57 AM

Marry another guy, have "sex" , then get divorce, then remarry the previous guy.
    horny islam.  grin12
     Reply #5 - June 19, 2016, 02:11 PM

Uh huh. How "religious". Not.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »