Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ramadan Mubarak!

(Read 4395 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     OP - June 05, 2016, 08:37 PM

Wishing you all peace, love and good health whether you celebrate it or not and willingly or not. (In the latter case may you find a good place to stash some food  Wink )
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #1 - June 05, 2016, 09:09 PM

(In the latter case may you find a good place to stash some food  Wink )

I guess it is not something you would brag about while trying to keep up the devout appearances, but how serious are people in general when it comes to fasting?
    I'm quite sure, that I'd have a nice stash of goodies prepared well in advance, and I'm also sure, that everybody around me would appreciate not having to deal with me in the hungry state. Low blood sugar makes me mean!

Quite a few of the teachers around here really hate the ramadan. There is an unfortunate correlation between a particular group of boys that can be described as "behaviorally challenged" and "boys observing ramadan".
    Their behavior does not improve from starvation.

They are unfortunately also in the low end when it comes to learning, and a month of low blood sugar does not help.
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #2 - June 05, 2016, 09:37 PM

Dreaming of a White Ramadan

https://youtu.be/9y0DHSRbyLY

I'm dreamin' of a white, Ramadan
    Just like the ones I used to know
    When the sun sets sooner, 'cause the months are lunar
    It's easier fasting in the snow (the snow)

Oh I've been dreaming of a white Ramadan
    With every fast till 10 at night.
    May your fasts, may your fasts, may your fasts, be simple and light!
    And may all your Ramadans be white.

Oh I've been dreamin' of a white, Ramadan.
    When we could catch those Christmas deals
    And we broke fast early, right around five thirty
    A normal time to have a meal. (A meal)

Yes I've been dreaming of a white Ramadan.
    This summer fast is such a fright!
    May your fasts, may your fasts, may your fasts, be simple and light!
    And may all your Ramadans be white.
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #3 - June 05, 2016, 10:00 PM

dance

Fantastic.

We need to get "The official CEMB-choir" put together!

(It may not be a big seller, but I'm sure it will be unforgettable!)
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #4 - June 05, 2016, 10:52 PM

Khair Mubarak.
    May ALLAH bless you guys with Imaan again.

I think you have some problem.
    Every thing I post, looks weird to you.

• Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #5 - June 06, 2016, 01:47 AM

I was very fortunate to be observing my first Ramadhans in winter months. I think if I were still to fast, I would put myself on equator time instead of this late evening high temperature iftar. I loved fasting, but dehydration is not my friend.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #6 - June 06, 2016, 02:17 PM

I was very fortunate to be observing my first Ramadhans in winter months. I think if I were still to fast, I would put myself on equator time instead of this late evening high temperature iftar. I loved fasting, but dehydration is not my friend.

Try to keep fast.
    ALLAH will help you and give you strength.

• Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #7 - June 06, 2016, 02:44 PM

^ lol, yeah just like Allah helped the thousands of people in Karachi Pakistan last year I believe who dropped dead like flies in the streets from dehydration. They struggled in the name of Allah by fasting in a heatwave when their power cut out and Allah helped and rewarded them by killing them.

But God works in mysterious ways, I bet now Muslims will pick that line up from Christians soon as they realize it's a great of answering with a non answer that raises more questions than it answers

As a scientist I can see farther than any human before me by standing on the shoulders of giants (previous scientists); As a religious follower I can not see what is right in-front of me, even when others INDEPENDENTLY see the same thing!
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #8 - June 06, 2016, 02:52 PM

Al-Ghaib
    Unseen
    Mysterious

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Ghaib

No hardship in Deen. If you feel weak and you are dying, you should break the fast.
    But people who don't know much, make wrong decisions.

• Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #9 - June 06, 2016, 03:01 PM

^ good point I forgot about that. But I have fasted in Pakistan once and only once ( just played down in the shade ALL DAY LONG, I felt like I was dying, the heat is brutal and they barely have any electricity in the day a fan is a luxury, so the feeling between fasting and dying is so close its almost indistinguishable, the water is sucked right out of you even if you just lie down doing nothing. So that was the problem for them, because as humans we don't have a little gauge that tells you when you are about to die, you can only use feelings and when everyone is tired and thirsty as hell you think you are just like everyone else, you don't recognize you are on the brink of death and you die.

Then they say inna lillahi was inna ilayhi rajioon.
    And they say well Allah already decided our deaths before we were born. They actually believe God decided when they will die and no matter what they do they can not stop it, and it is this dangerous mindset that gets them to struggle and eventually causes their death.

We are naturalists so we say dehydration will kill you but they believe God chose a time to kill you and even if u drank water he would kill you through a natural death whatever that means and that is what gets them to continue fasting.

As a scientist I can see farther than any human before me by standing on the shoulders of giants (previous scientists); As a religious follower I can not see what is right in-front of me, even when others INDEPENDENTLY see the same thing!
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #10 - June 06, 2016, 03:55 PM

Hassan brother, I am urdu speaking of Karachi, I know how terrible and brutal heat and temperature is there in karachi.
    I have relatives in lahore,multan and pindi also. I have spent some time there as well, I think multan is the most terrible place. Multan has no moisture in air.

Anyways , that's why I pointed out "al-ghaib",
    we all know the living conditions of third world and pakistan as well.

Although I am from upper middle class, so I use to have clean water.
    But more than 50 percent population of Pakistan doesn't even have clean water to drink.

So how come poor people practice islam ?? Absolutely not. They can never practice islam like we can do.
    So why is this unjust there ?

as human beings we can never find out these puzzles of world.
    this is called finding out "Muraad-e-Asli" in quran.

I would again say, ALLAH knows best.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7dwEaQwq6I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHmFX3Y0qng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7IES_qmUrI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJPyxSygcj8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHUvWTdKPgc

• Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #11 - June 07, 2016, 01:22 AM

Try to keep fast.
    ALLAH will help you and give you strength.

Don't be ridiculous. I loved the fast, I got high from fasting for years, quite literally. But I have responsibilities and I am no longer in a junior executive position where I only exercise my mind and my tongue. I don't live in a country where the Ramadhan month is a time of naps and restricted work hours- there is no Iftar here. I have work to do and I have heavy machinery to operate. I am not messing around with passing out in harm's way when I have kids and a doctor to answer to.
    Ramadhan is not practical for life.

• Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #12 - June 07, 2016, 01:55 AM

Don't be ridiculous.

He can't help It, three.
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #13 - June 07, 2016, 02:06 AM

Perhaps not!

• Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #14 - June 07, 2016, 02:37 AM

Wishing you all peace, love and good health whether you celebrate it or not and willingly or not. (In the latter case may you find a good place to stash some food  Wink )

The lovely atmosphere of the syam really missed me, I like this month,  it is a  period of the year that is so dear to my heart. I really hope you will enjoy ties of friendship and kinship whatever you do it or not Ramadan.

رمضان مبارك
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #15 - June 07, 2016, 03:09 AM

Don't be ridiculous. I loved the fast, I got high from fasting for years, quite literally. But I have responsibilities and I am no longer in a junior executive position where I only exercise my mind and my tongue. I don't live in a country where the Ramadhan month is a time of naps and restricted work hours- there is no Iftar here. I have work to do and I have heavy machinery to operate. I am not messing around with passing out in harm's way when I have kids and a doctor to answer to.
    Ramadhan is not practical for life.

This is really what I thought about ramadhan :|

In reality, people are so tired and have less energy because they need to wake up early for sahoor (therefore less sleep) and during the day the starve so they take a nap :|

Having a whole month just for napping and intentionally starving yourself is just... not practical. Not really fun if you're not into it too, like hell because you can't be seen eating.

Sigh.

The dinner is awesome though, lots of discount with huge portions of food  Cheesy
  • Ramadan Mubarak!
     Reply #16 - June 08, 2016, 03:54 AM

Ramadan is month of torture and torment if you have to pretend you are muslim and have to avoid water and food.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »