Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Question from DAWN: Do Pakistani men condemn or condone wife-beating?

(Read 2818 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Question from DAWN: Do Pakistani men condemn or condone wife-beating?
     OP - May 27, 2016, 04:00 PM

Question from DAWN:  Do Pakistani men condemn or condone wife-beating?   
    The Council of Islamic Ideology’s (CII) proposed ‘model’ women’s protection bill was released yesterday. One point in the bill, saying that a husband should be allowed to ‘lightly’ beat his wife 'if needed', seemed to immediately catch people’s attention. Soon enough, a social media debate was underway, with both sides vehemently arguing their positions.

Here, Dawn.com reaches out to a few men on the streets of Karachi to weigh in on the controversial clause...

The Council of Islamic Ideology’s (CII) .. another name for BABOONS OF ISLAM in Pakistan.. THESE DICKLESS HEADLESS SICO BABOONS always come in to the news latching on to women folks

go to link and links in it to read more well that news link of today also has the tube in it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbo2axu9q3w

idiots.. well these fool may  beat or use their faith and their scriptures to control/beat their women folks but rogues in other faiths also  beat their  women folks  without their   faith and their scriptures telling them.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #1 - May 27, 2016, 04:08 PM

‘Lightly beating’ wife permissible, says CII’s proposed women protection bill
    ISLAMABAD: The Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) is deliberating on its proposed ‘model’ women’s protection bill, which allows a husband to ‘lightly’ beat his wife 'if needed' and prohibits mixing of the genders in schools, hospitals and offices.

The CII’s proposed bill claims women will have all the rights given to them under Shariah, prohibits interaction between na-mehrams at recreational spots and offices, and bans ‘dance, music, and sculptures created in the name of art’.

Earlier this year, the Punjab Assembly passed a women’s protection bill, which the CII and religious parties strongly rejected, declaring it ‘unIslamic’.

The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) government sent a similar bill to the Council for review, which it rejected on the basis of being ‘unIslamic’, and announced it will prepare a ‘model’ bill in response.

The proposed 163-point bill will be deliberated on Thursday and Friday. Copies of the bill have been sent to all provincial assemblies as the CII’s recommendations.

Salient points from the proposed bill address property, marriage, motherhood, crimes and violence against women, apostasy, and even venture into the instruments of state ‘acceptable’ for a woman to be involved in.

Farzana Bari, human rights activist and academic at Quaid-i-Azam University, termed the proposed bill unconstitutional.

“Allowing a husband to beat his wife, in any way, is against Pakistan’s Constitution and the international laws and treaties that Pakistan has signed and is bound by. This Council is a burden on the Pakistani taxpayer and bringing a bad name to Muslims throughout the world.”

Not allowing adult women to work and keeping them at home is to treat them like children or property, she added.

“This will take Pakistan further into ignorance.”

That is where these fools in politics spend their time discussing such stupid subjects   and these two baboons

are the leaders of The Council of Islamic Ideology (CII) of Pakistan., That news gets press in support of that opening post..  

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - May 29, 2016, 11:12 PM

Q,  Do Pakistani men condemn or condone wife-beating?

It depends, there are many different classes in porkistan.

Educated porkistani men do condemn these kinds of Mullah bullshits.

Porkistan is very modern country, when it comes to the upper middle class and rich class areas of Islamabad, lahore and karachi.

But if you travel to southern punjab, internal sindh and KPK things get worst.

Women are treated like toys and animals in KPK.

I think you have some problem.
    Every thing I post, looks weird to you.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »