Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: We Were All Doomed From The Beginning

(Read 4363 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • We Were All Doomed From The Beginning
     OP - May 23, 2016, 05:11 PM

We never had a chance at Heaven. I'll tell you why.

Let's assume that God does exist and that God did plan our lives from the beginning of time. He knows every step we take, every move and ever decision we will ever make. He knows the doors that would open and close, he knows what lies around the corner and he knows what lurks in the deep recesses of our minds. He knows it all.

So how is it, that apostasy is wrong or that it goes against God? How is it that being of a different sexual orientation is also wrong and going against God? How is anything we will ever do, going against God? Did he not already mandate it and decide for us that we'd do that?

I've been struggling with this thought for awhile. Trying to make sense of my apostasy. Trying to make some sense of what has been going on in my head. I keep telling myself that if he does exist and if he does know what I'm going to do then why am I going to be sent to Hell for doing it? Why must I repent for it? One may argue that he gave me a choice, but I chose wrong but therein lies the same question... did he not know that I was going to pick that?

When I really think about it, it's either he really doesn't exist, he really doesn't care about the religion-based decisions I make, or better yet.. I never stood a chance at going to Heaven in the first place. From the get-go, I was already destined to go to Hell for the decision that I was bound to make. For the decisions that He would have written for me to make.

If the last one is true, he's a dick. Really.
     Reply #1 - May 23, 2016, 07:06 PM

Well, that's in the Abrahamic religions of Christianity and Islam.   Not sure about Judaism.   In Hinduism/Buddhism one gets infinite chances through reincarnation, I believe.
     Reply #2 - May 23, 2016, 07:58 PM

Well, that's in the Abrahamic religions of Christianity and Islam.   Not sure about Judaism.  In Hinduism/Buddhism one gets infinite chances through reincarnation, I believe.

sure....

"Sin.....pray  dolls.. sins erased..born again..sin again ...pray again..sins erased.....rebirth again ...Cycle continues.."

well let me also put this here...
    ahmadiyya.org Islam bukhari BULLSHIT

islam2u.net bukhari BULLSHIT

The Prophet said: I would love to be martyred in Allah's Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get resurrected again and then get martyred… [Bukhari bullshit ]

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - May 23, 2016, 08:51 PM

The Prophet said: …I would love to be martyred in Allah's Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get resurrected again and then get martyred… [Bukhari bullshit ]

If they were Hindus, they would get re-incarnated first as 'baboons' and then hopefully there behaviour would be be an improvement on their behaviour as 'homo sapiens'.    I've got to comment on your frequent unwarranted insults to baboons.  What did they ever do to deserve such comparisons ? grin12 
     Reply #4 - May 24, 2016, 12:16 PM

If the last one is true, he's a dick. Really.

I think that is the very core of the problem.

Anybody who was almighty and omni-whatever, acting like the abrahamic god, can only be described a a psychopathic narcissistic prick.

Setting people up to do "wrong", then punishing them for "their sins".

The story of Abraham sums it up nicely.
    Tell a father to sacrifice his son, only to stop it at the very last moment, and give him a goat instead...... And insist that it is a sign of, how much god loves him, and that he just wanted to test the faith of Abraham.
    And he did not just see if Abe was willing to do it, he actually let him tie up his son and put him on the pyre, stopping him only when he reached for the knife.

If that is not the mindset of a 110% grade A prick,....
     Reply #5 - December 05, 2019, 01:17 AM

We never had a chance at Heaven. I'll tell you why.

I wonder how much of our conception of omnipotence/omniscience is coloured by our modern context versus how the original sources were intended to be understood.

anyway, you know what you had for breakfast yesterday, how you got to work, what you ate at lunch and when you got home. how does is it detract from your personal agency that you have knowledge of your past actions?

not expecting an answer, just thinking out loud.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »