Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Officialy an ex-muslim

(Read 3420 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Officialy an ex-muslim
     OP - May 21, 2016, 07:20 AM

Ive done it. Ive moved out and told my parents about my apostasy via email. I also told them that i am bi-sexual. It did not go well.

They called the police, thats all sorted now, the police rung me this morning to check if i was safe and well.

The emails i got back were really hurtful, they state that theyve done everything for me and that im ungrateful. That i cause nothing but heartache with a sarcastic thanks. I also got threats of the police. And more over, they told me to come home and get my stuff, along with the cat. I was told that my mum might hurt him thats why i should get him. I discussed this with the police and they said its probably another attempt to get me home.

The email i gave wasnt horrible or full of anger like the letter i was going to give. I tried to be sincere and understanding.

I am a bit sad that ive lost my family to a lack of faith but i hope time will heal me.
  • Officialy an ex-muslim
     Reply #1 - May 21, 2016, 08:35 AM

Maybe call the RSPCA to get your cat, and tell them that threats have been made.  I only urge you because some abusers target animals of the people they are angry with, and I am not saying your parents would, but that it's probably best to be safe on this.

Congratulations on coming out though, and glad to hear you toned down your original email.  I get that they have hurt you, and said awful things to you.  But this too will pass as all things do.  Either they will learn to accept you eventually, or you will go on to make a family (don't mean kids here) of friends, lovers, and the people you choose to surround yourself with.

It's not the same, but remember it's only society that makes us believe family should love us unconditionally, and that somehow the epitome of being loved and of worth, must come from being loved by blood relatives.  It doesn't.  Being loved by others is equally as good, if anything the people you choose are better than the people you simply share some dna with.

Keep your chin up, stay true to your own beliefs, and eventually you will wake up one day, look around you and realise that you made the best decision of your life no matter the losses.   far away hug

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Officialy an ex-muslim
     Reply #2 - May 21, 2016, 12:44 PM

I am really glad you are safe. Living an authentic life is going to be so gratifying for you. I am sorry it was hard, I am grateful that the police are so helpful. Stay safe and take good care of yourself.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Officialy an ex-muslim
     Reply #3 - May 21, 2016, 02:07 PM

All the best wishes from here.

Not knowing your family in details, it is hard to say if the initial reaction was just an effect of the shock you gave them.
    They may soften up, or they may congeal into a lump of icky, sticky evil.
    I am sorry to hear about your cat (and I do not even like cats!). Be careful, because it could be used for bait and leverage.
    It will however also have the role of "the miner's canary": If they take it out on the cat, you have a pretty clear diagnosis of "icky, sticky evil", and you should probably be even more careful.

Do be careful. It is not unheard of, that "unruly children" are whisked away to the outback of the "old country" to be "re-educated in the true values"

Run through the CEMB list of cyber safety and get an app on your phone to record calls. Documentation is your friend!

I'm happy to hear that you toned down the letter (imagine how much they would have gone crazy on the original one). Now they are the ones who have over-reacted. Likewise it is great to hear that the police were cool.
    Should there be more threats of a kind that justifies police intervention, then refer to the previous cases.

far away hug

• Re: Officialy an ex-muslim
     Reply #4 - May 21, 2016, 02:24 PM

Ive done it. Ive moved out and told my parents about my apostasy via email. I also told them that i am bi-sexual. It did not go well..................

My goodness gracious  ....  SenayMeredowa..... is that french  name?  .. so I just read your 5posts...

.....I am 18 Smiley
    And up north somewhere haha. ...

....I'm moving out on Friday and compiled a letter to leave my family.....

In terms of financial stability I have a couple of grand stashed away and I'm working part time. I told my boyfirned about this situation and he told me to wait till august and hes booked me coach tickets to stay at his until uni. We have already booked a studio room for university and hes currently working full time. (:

Im 18 in a few months but i really need to get away, can i apply for housing? Furthermore, does anyone know if i can still apply to student loans without my parents income?

well read all of them... word by word., I guess you live in west and  you girls living in west are brave and feisty with that carefree attitude .,  So  Senay..So 18 year old girl.,  how are you doing today??

you left everything... so what is the plan? I am afraid you are too young to be emotionally free ., Are you emotionally free Meredowa?  Can you take the heat?  after all you are 18.,  You know I left home when I was 12 .. but I had very strong support from my grand parents and from my troubled mom... she too was very young when she married....  It was her bad luck, there are plenty of sperm donating Con artists acting as husbands but very few husbands in this damn world.,well I am talking about last century., Sure it will be different in this century..

So girl learn to take the heat .. be independent ... for all that.,   you need to be good.. you need to be truthful to yourself.,  ..don't fall for emotional blackmail  and some one to support you financially .. The last one is very important ..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Officialy an ex-muslim
     Reply #5 - May 21, 2016, 05:40 PM

Maybe call the RSPCA to get your cat, and tell them that threats have been made.  I only urge you because some abusers target animals of the people they are angry with, and I am not saying your parents would, but that it's probably best to be safe on this.

Congratulations on coming out though, and glad to hear you toned down your original email.  I get that they have hurt you, and said awful things to you.  But this too will pass as all things do.  Either they will learn to accept you eventually, or you will go on to make a family (don't mean kids here) of friends, lovers, and the people you choose to surround yourself with.

It's not the same, but remember it's only society that makes us believe family should love us unconditionally, and that somehow the epitome of being loved and of worth, must come from being loved by blood relatives.  It doesn't.  Being loved by others is equally as good, if anything the people you choose are better than the people you simply share some dna with.

Keep your chin up, stay true to your own beliefs, and eventually you will wake up one day, look around you and realise that you made the best decision of your life no matter the losses.   far away hug

I have called the RSPCA and they said they will asses the situation. I just hopes hes safe.

Thank you Smiley I feel like a huge burden has disappeared! If they ever want to accept me then ill be more than happy to move on. But my friend has been a real help. She came over to give me emotional support and offered me a place to stay if things get tough. But for now i will try and be independent and support myself. The rent is cheap and affordable so i should be fine.

Your right, i have so many people helping me through this. Its amazing and i realised the people i have around me have loved me unconditionally. I feel a bit sad that my family dont want anything to do with me. But if thats what they want, i have no choice but to move on.

Ill try my best to keep my chin up and im sure your right, I know I can get through this! Thank you. Smiley
  • Officialy an ex-muslim
     Reply #6 - May 21, 2016, 05:42 PM

I am really glad you are safe. Living an authentic life is going to be so gratifying for you. I am sorry it was hard, I am grateful that the police are so helpful. Stay safe and take good care of yourself.

Awh thank you. Yep! I feel like ive just opened a door to having the life i always wanted. But something in me feels guilty for leaving, maybe it will pass. I knew it wasnt going to be easy. Dont worry I will! Smiley
  • Officialy an ex-muslim
     Reply #7 - May 21, 2016, 05:48 PM

All the best wishes from here.

Not knowing your family in details, it is hard to say if the initial reaction was just an effect of the shock you gave them.
    They may soften up, or they may congeal into a lump of icky, sticky evil.
    I am sorry to hear about your cat (and I do not even like cats!). Be careful, because it could be used for bait and leverage.
    It will however also have the role of "the miner's canary": If they take it out on the cat, you have a pretty clear diagnosis of "icky, sticky evil", and you should probably be even more careful.

Do be careful. It is not unheard of, that "unruly children" are whisked away to the outback of the "old country" to be "re-educated in the true values"

Run through the CEMB list of cyber safety and get an app on your phone to record calls. Documentation is your friend!

I'm happy to hear that you toned down the letter (imagine how much they would have gone crazy on the original one). Now they are the ones who have over-reacted. Likewise it is great to hear that the police were cool.
    Should there be more threats of a kind that justifies police intervention, then refer to the previous cases.

far away hug

Thank you!

If they soften up, that would be great. But if not then thats just something ill have to live with.

Thats what i was told by the police. Ive been advised by many not to give into the temptation of going back home.

Dont worry, im not going to see them any time soon, i dont plan on going back to the "old country".

Ive already read through it Smiley and a call recorder sounds good!

Im glad i didnt stick to my original letter, i think i was expressing a lot of anger. I sent an email apologising for leaving due to my lack of faith and sexuality, i also told them that i love them very much.

Im keeping my phone with me at all times incase they wait outside my college.

• Officialy an ex-muslim
     Reply #8 - May 29, 2016, 11:39 PM

Good bold step.
    You live for once.

Don't ever come again in emotional black mailing of your parents or other muzzies.
    Stay strong

And tit for tat, if they find you at college.

I think you have some problem.
    Every thing I post, looks weird to you.

• Officialy an ex-muslim
     Reply #9 - May 29, 2016, 11:46 PM

I hope your cat will be fine.
    I am a bit worried about your cat.

I think you have some problem.
    Every thing I post, looks weird to you.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »