Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: How to deal with forced bull-shit

(Read 3663 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • How to deal with forced bull-shit
     OP - April 07, 2016, 04:18 AM

Hey I have a problem, my parents drag me to go to religious gatherings where people do Dhikr (repeating Allah and Muhammad and verses from the quran and stuff) when ever I visit from uni.

Thankfully I spend most of the year at my university away from my family but when I go visit home, I am dragged and I feel like they are starting to realize that I am an Ex-Muslim. I dont agree with their religious bullshit and they are sensing that I am distancing myself from Islam. I think they are realizing that they are losing control as my mind is open to new ideas in uni and they feel the clutches of Islamic bullshit is loosening; in an attempt to regain control they force me to these religious gatherings and think by forcing me to repeat God's name somehow I will get hypnotized and revert to their bullshit. I am the type of person who likes doing whatever I want and I dont like being forced to do stuff.

SO I get pissed and dont like being forced to do Dhikr and parents can tell, how do I get over the fact that I am supposed to repeat the name of Mo as if I like him; I can not stay home, I HAVE to go these gatherings, And I HATE Praying to an imaginary man (ALLAH mysmilie_977) outside the universe so how do I pretend I am ok being forced to go to Friday prayers.

P.S. I have to listen to parents because parents pay my Tuition and I am not yet in a position to pay for myself. So I have to follow their bull shit but how do I get over the mental aspect that it goes against everything I stand for and hate the religion and dont want anything to do with them?

As a scientist I can see farther than any human before me by standing on the shoulders of giants (previous scientists); As a religious follower I can not see what is right in-front of me, even when others INDEPENDENTLY see the same thing!
     Reply #1 - April 07, 2016, 01:43 PM

Do as they as they instruct for the tie being. Stay safe, Complete your studies Become financially independent. Then life life freely.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #2 - April 07, 2016, 06:46 PM

Do you live in the UK? If so, do you not get a government loan? I know it can be frustrating but hang in there and try your best to act the part. My dad works abroad but when he comes over in the summer he wakes me up for Fajr and is always reminding me to pray. I use my deficiency in religion as a woman to get out of it sometimes but other than that I play along pretty well. Just remember that once you're done studying you can move away permanently and finally be yourself, that's what I'm doing Smiley
     Reply #3 - April 08, 2016, 04:29 AM

Jedi, I do what my parents say but it's SUCH A PAIN IN THE ASS.

AGirlWithDoubts: I am not from the UK, I live in North America (Cant tell you what country sorry, gotta keep my location private)

As a scientist I can see farther than any human before me by standing on the shoulders of giants (previous scientists); As a religious follower I can not see what is right in-front of me, even when others INDEPENDENTLY see the same thing!
     Reply #4 - April 09, 2016, 12:32 AM

Do as they as they instruct for the tie being. Stay safe, Complete your studies Become financially independent. Then life life freely.

This is sound advice, and seems to be the consensus of many here. However I will pick a bone with the order of it, which also seems to often be a consensus. I'm not sure anymore as to how valid it tends to be to the young ex-muslim experience, and I would argue that becoming financially independent can come before education for many.

I myself have followed the consensus advice and order for many years, seeking toward that light at the end of the tunnel when I am free. But life doesn't always run so smoothly, even when one lays out the best plans and follows them with one's best efforts. And as I near that moment for myself, I wonder if I was right to follow it. One's studies can last years, decades even. And in North America they can be stopped and resumed to fit the circumstance.

And I offer these doubts knowing and appreciating full well the good fortune I've had during my experience that many ex-muslims sadly do not. I was able to come out about my apostasy some years ago to my parents, and they being truly moderate in their faith and open in their love could accept it, in spite of their reservations. For me, living with them and sharing in their life has not been the nightmare that it can be for many others.

Still, during this time there has been want unfulfilled, curiosity unexplored, mistakes unventured. No one really knows when or even if they'll ever get the opportunity to live their own life. And it's easy for those who can do so now with ease to devalue or forget what it is like to live in someone else's life instead of one's own. There are countless experiences that cannot be shared, taboos that cannot be broken, sensitivities that must be guarded. All the while prevarication becomes one's habit, as what is genuine is sacrificed for what is convenient. For those of great discipline and resilience this is something that can be done, but never without leaving its mark I don't think.

So for this reason, I would guard against taking this path, if one's reason for doing so is convenience or "straightforwardness". In that case I would say that becoming financially independent and moving out should be one's first goal. Life is rarely straightforward however one chooses to live it. Know all of your options, understand what you desire, and I think you will arrive at a path that truly suits you better than any that another fashions for you.

Wish you the best afghan hassan in whatever you do.  far away hug

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #5 - April 09, 2016, 01:16 AM

Sure. Whichever way is best. That was the Pakistani uncle in me coming out of me. you're llucky I didn't say 'only when you get degree, masters, PhD, become doctor, a house, a BMW and get married the you can apoptosise baster!'

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #6 - April 09, 2016, 04:52 PM

SO I get pissed and dont like being forced to do Dhikr and parents can tell, how do I get over the fact that I am supposed to repeat the name of Mo as if I like him; I can not stay home, I HAVE to go these gatherings, And I HATE Praying to an imaginary man (ALLAH mysmilie_977) outside the universe so how do I pretend I am ok being forced to go to Friday prayers.

Repeating the name of the Prophet Muhammas (SAW)? What type of a, ''Muslim'' were you and are your parents? You only do dhikr by calling upon Allah, (his 99 beautiful names) and by saying phrases such as: ''Alhamdulillah'', ''Subhan Allah'', ''SubhanAllahi 'l-`adheem wa biHamdihi '' etc. Definitely doesn't sound like you ever followed Sunni Islam.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I am a Muslim myself and I would never do dhikr by calling upon the name of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Astaghfirullah.

Ahl as-sunnah wal-jamāʻah and following the way of the Salaf. - nope, not anymore.
     Reply #7 - April 09, 2016, 11:45 PM

Paghal. Did you think that Sunni Muslims are all the same? Many Sunni Muslims celebrate Milad-i-nabi which my Wahhabi ass condemned as....wait for it...........

Reply #8 - April 10, 2016, 12:18 AM

What type of a, ''Muslim'' were you and are your parents?

If discounting how authentically Muslim the experiences of those on this forum is what you seek, then you will of course find no shortage of things to pick on. However, in such a way you would be no less fallacious than the many who find support for a preconceived notion they set out to confirm.

In reality, the experiences of ex-Muslims here are as diverse as the many different types of Islam that exist in the modern world. You might find it beneficial not to nitpick these differences if you seek to understand this experience. And this goes for the Muslim as well as ex-Muslim world, imo.  Smiley

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #9 - April 10, 2016, 01:09 AM

Repeating the name of the Prophet Muhammas (SAW)? What type of a, ''Muslim'' were you and are your parents? You only do dhikr by calling upon Allah, (his 99 beautiful names) and by saying phrases such as: ''Alhamdulillah'', ''Subhan Allah'', ''SubhanAllahi 'l-`adheem wa biHamdihi '' etc. Definitely doesn't sound like you ever followed Sunni Islam.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I am a Muslim myself and I would never do dhikr by calling upon the name of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Astaghfirullah.

If you know only proper way to do dhikr then I think you ought to declare yourself Caliph. Just kick everyone else to the curb and declare them outside of Islam, past and present. Only Sunnis who say this and do that in a certain language with a precise accent are allowed. Great idea. No one else is as Muslim as you are. You are The Muslim. This is the solution, and I see it being applied worldwide, with great success. This is why everyone loves the Ummah these days.
    And no one can like punk music unless they have a mohawk and use glue to hold it up. Not hair gel. Glue. Or they are not real punks.
    Also if you do not love Trump then you are not American or a friend of Americans. Because.
    Let´s have everyone get with the program.

Seriously. Intolerance and judgement sucks. Facism is for facists. Is that who you want to be? I thought you were A Muslim.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #10 - April 10, 2016, 06:07 PM

My family are all Sufis and it seems everyone is in love with Magic Mo (Mohammed)

Reply #11 - April 26, 2016, 01:25 PM

I feel you.my mom did the same to me. But it wasnt that much,she just asked me to recite ayatul kursi which bothered me. I hope everything will be fine.

Weirdo and introvert.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »