Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex-Muslim Survey

(Read 4239 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex-Muslim Survey
     OP - April 02, 2016, 12:22 AM

A pretty thorough survey for you guys to fill out:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1X42iyfIYTsI5vCZ6mN6p-3CwxHR1hugyxMcQ7RF5FIg/viewform?pageId=114376232380359389059&edit_requested=true
  • Ex-Muslim Survey
     Reply #1 - April 02, 2016, 11:58 AM

What's it for??/////////

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Ex-Muslim Survey
     Reply #2 - April 02, 2016, 06:40 PM

What's it for??/////////

to send the list to allah...along with this revelation to remind allah what heeeeeeeeee  the dick head allegedly said...

إِنَّمَا جَزَاءُ الَّذِينَ يُحَارِبُونَ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَيَسْعَوْنَ فِي الْأَرْضِ فَسَادًا أَن يُقَتَّلُوا أَوْ يُصَلَّبُوا أَوْ تُقَطَّعَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَأَرْجُلُهُم مِّنْ خِلَافٍ أَوْ يُنفَوْا مِنَ الْأَرْضِ ۚ ذَ‌ٰلِكَ لَهُمْ خِزْيٌ فِي الدُّنْيَا ۖ وَلَهُمْ فِي الْآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ

Transliteration:    Innama jazao allatheena yuhariboona Allaha warasoolahu wayasAAawna fee alardi fasadan an yuqattaloo aw yusallaboo aw tuqattaAAa aydeehim waarjuluhum min khilafin aw yunfaw mina alardi thalika lahum khizyun fee alddunya walahum fee alakhirati AAathabun AAatheemun

Yusuf Ali:    The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter.

Shakir:    The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,

Pickthal :    The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter theirs will be an awful doom;

Mohsin Khan:      The recompense of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and do mischief in the land is only that they shall be killed or crucified or their hands and their feet be cut off from opposite sides, or be exiled from the land. That is their disgrace in this world, and a great torment is theirs in the Hereafter.

Saheeh:   Indeed, the penalty for those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause] corruption is none but that they be killed or crucified or that their hands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land. That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is a great punishment,

webbess1 .... just kidding     please do not boot me from your   flight  for safety

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Ex-Muslim Survey
     Reply #3 - April 03, 2016, 02:06 PM

Just a minute, webbess1. We know next to nothing about you, and even less about what this survey is for and why you've chosen to carry this out here without so much as a by-your-leave. Can you please explain the what and why, and also the reason that one has to sign in to complete this survey?

In the meantime (especially given that final caveat), I - speaking individually rather than as a mod - would strongly urge anyone thinking about completing this survey to reconsider.
  • Ex-Muslim Survey
     Reply #4 - April 21, 2016, 12:19 AM

The survey comes from the ex-Muslim Reddit group:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmuslim/comments/4ccgjd/new_exmuslimnevermoose_surveys_please_participate/

I initially found the link on Twitter through The Pharaoh. 
  • Ex-Muslim Survey
     Reply #5 - April 21, 2016, 05:31 AM

Thank you for the detailed clarification.

I'm out as it has the smell of very dodgy fish!  whistling2

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Ex-Muslim Survey
     Reply #6 - April 21, 2016, 09:42 AM

hello  webbess1 .. how are you doing? what is cooking?  where is the beef?   long time no  see .,  So my greeting and good wishes to you ..

I am confused with those two links..  

Link-1  says   .. sign it with your google account..   and

Link-2   of  reddit.com    says

1). New ex-muslim/never-moose surveys: PLEASE participate!(Meta) (self.exmuslim) _ from BadAsh87  and what you  have below that are host of BadAshes .. with name s like ......HowlingWalrus ....PsychoKam.....Wellhelloyoutwo.............agentvoid....ultimate-shirk.......etc..etc...  with some comments., 

Now, question to you is.,   why to sign in there  through the Google account...??

Anyways., I bet  one....  ONE Gulab Jaman  without sugar syrup  that  BadAshes  and webbess1 is NOT  a girl/lady/woman..

what do you say??  just having fun... take it easy  on this soulless life webbess1 ///

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Ex-Muslim Survey
     Reply #7 - April 21, 2016, 02:51 PM

Thank you for the detailed clarification.

I'm out as it has the smell of very dodgy fish!  whistling2

Here is the post on Reddit:

Greetings to you all,
    Apostasy--especially within Muslim communities-- is currently one of the most understudied phenomena in all of the social sciences. To the best of my knowledge, only one other (qualitative) study--specifically, the book 'The Apostates: When Muslims Leave Islam' by sociologist Simon Cottee--has probed this topic. As for this sub-reddit, there have previously been several demographic surveys over the years but none of them targeted specific biographical and phenomenological information, such as the catalysts and experiences of one's journey out of Islam.
    As an avid student of the 'psychology of religion' literature--and as a follower of this sub for over a year now--I've taken it upon myself to fill this knowledge gap. While I plan on pursuing this topic at the academic level—I’ll be starting a PhD political science program in the fall—I conduct something preliminary. Specifically, and at the risk of overstatement, I’ve spent much of my spare time over the past few days devising what I believe is likely the most comprehensive (albeit non-academic) quantitative survey of ex-Muslim sentiment to date. Given that many (or at least some) of you have yet to share your personal testimonies, the survey will not only make for an interesting read, but can also serve to quantitatively consolidate all of your biographies and anecdotes. If feasible—I have to look into it--I plan on conducting correlational analyses of the data to help illuminate prevailing and associated themes. Further, as one section canvasses your sentiment towards this sub-reddit, it will also afford you the opportunity to underscore your grievances (and/or praise) to the moderators, thereby helping them figure out what--if anything--needs to be addressed.
    Being that a considerable proportion of followers/posters here are never-moose, I thought it necessary to produce a separate survey directed towards this cohort. As such, two distinct surveys are included below: one that should ONLY be answered by doubting and ex-Muslims, and another that should ONLY be answered by ‘never-mooses’. Elaborate as it is, the former (the ex-muslim version) should take roughly 10-15 minutes to complete (though perhaps even less); while the latter (the never-moose version), which is considerably shorter, should take around 5 minutes. If you don’t feel like filling it out in one sitting, you can always come back to it. What’s important—and I can’t stress this enough—is that you all answer as truthfully as possible (anything else would obviously subvert the purpose of this project).
    Lest there be any confusion, each survey features three different question formats: 1. Multiple choice; 2. Check-boxes (where you select all answers that apply to you); and 5 point scales (e.g., 1= strongly disagree, 5=strongly agree). Please note that several of the questions (which I’ve explicitly marked) are to be answered exclusively by either males or females. In other words, if you’re a male and you come across a question regarding the wearing of the hijab, SKIP to the next question.
    If the wording of any of the questions is unclear and need to be explained or translated, please don’t hesitate to contact either me or any of the moderators. Personally, I’m almost always by my computer (clearly a victim of the 21st century) so I should be able to provide prompt clarifications when needed.
    Also, although I tried to make these surveys as encompassing as possible, there’s a chance I failed to include items that you were hoping would be covered. If so, I’m open to any feedback/suggestions that can help make future iterations even better.
    All told, I kindly request and hope you all find the time to participate in this project. I’ve been corresponding with several of the moderators who agreed to ‘sticky’ this post and, if possible, maintain it for a period of up to a month. If all goes well, I plan on writing up—and hopefully publishing—a summary of the results. The data you contribute will thus go a long way in getting your voices heard as well as help rectify the sheer dearth of literature on this subject. Thanks in advance for your time!
    LINKS
    Please note, a Google account is required to access the documents below. If you don't have one, it takes about a minute to make one. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Ex-Muslim Survey
    Never-Moose Survey
    Edit: Were you guys able to access the results once you submitted your entries?
    Edit #2: If you answer 'other', please specify (only if you're willing to, of course)
    Edit #3: If any of you think it's a good idea, I've produced a version of the original r/ex-muslim survey that can be distributed to 'non-subreddit' ex-muslims (it's the same survey just without the section on r/ex-muslim). Thus, if you're apart of any other ex-muslim forums (FB groups, etc.) feel free to post it there (though I reckon the language barrier could be an issue). The results will obviously be tabulated separately, but--when all is said and done--it might be nice to coalesce all the biographical input, thereby creating an even broader (and thus more generalizable) picture. Let me know what you guys think about this.
    Here's the link to the separate, 'general version': https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X42iyfIYTsI5vCZ6mN6p-3CwxHR1hugyxMcQ7RF5FIg
    Edit #4: Shout out to my Egyptian ex-moose friend Ebrahim who offered to translate the survey into Arabic : D
    Edit #5: Shit.. just realized it would have been nice to probe the proportion of people who've attended an r/ex-muslim meetup. Oh well, next time around.
    Edit #6: Decided to add a few new interesting questions for the latecomers (e.g. 'when I was religious I'd watch Zakir Naik videos';...wish I had thought of them sooner). In any event, they'll be featured in the arabic version that my friend is currently working on. We plan to share it with hundreds of other non-reddit exmuslims (mostly FB groups). I'll have the results translated back into English and posted here Smiley
    Edit #7: I'm sensing that some of you may have gotten confused by the scaled question on blind faith. For example, some people rated the preceding evidential/justificatory factors very highly while still ranking blind faith as strongly important. Obviously, blind faith is important for most if not everyone's religiosity--albeit to varying degrees. Nevertheless, the point of the 'blind faith question' was to gauge whether one would have believed just as strongly even without ANY supporting evidence/reasoning. I've thus slightly reformulated the question to make this clearer.
    Edit #8: Arabic version is finally ready! Now I just need help distributing it. Arabs of r/ex-muslim, I kindly request you share it with your Arab-Atheist facebook groups as well as any Arab ex-muslim friends that don't follow this sub. Needless to say, reaching this demographic will allow us to diversify what has thus far been a predominantly Western respondent sample. Thanks in advance for all your help!!
    Edit #9: I'm puzzled as to why some people rate the importance of scientific exposure/learning as a '5' and yet two questions later contradict themselves in selecting 'none; science had little if anything to do with my apostasy'........?

Is that not detailed enough for you?
  • Ex-Muslim Survey
     Reply #8 - April 21, 2016, 08:41 PM

Think before you post.

• Ex-Muslim Survey
     Reply #9 - May 14, 2016, 12:30 AM

Mods, I think you should remove this request. There are obvious dangers. I put it down to naivety rather than anything more malicious.
  • Ex-Muslim Survey
     Reply #10 - May 16, 2016, 11:30 AM

I think it can stay up, we've had other requests to take part in studies about being an ex-Muslim and we always leave it down to the personal decision of those involved.

My personal decision?  I will never take part in a study that requires me to share my personal history ever again, having taken part in one before that did nothing but make me feel ashamed about my life, or that I was of little worth in terms of what the researcher wanted to portray in his results.

But by all means, if anyone wishes to take part, this is truly their own decision.  Every study merely adds to the necessary literature for our particular sub-group, just for me, I am no longer interested in being the researched. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »